Top Posters In This Topic

• jamboinglasgow

• Last Laff

• Mikey1874

• milky_26

August Landmesser
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Guaranteed we have no sell on clause.

tbf, why would we have bothered putting one in? 

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

This place is about to go off the scale.

Had a decent season down there in fairness considering he missed a bulk the early part of it. 

Naive if we didn’t include anything, even 5%. 

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

tbf, why would we have bothered putting one in? 

Because it’s naivety not to. What’s the worst than can happen if we do? He gets released and we get zero same as we would if we didn’t bother?

Edited by RustyRightPeg

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Because it’s nativity not to. What’s the worst than can happen if we do? He gets released and we get zero same as we would if we didn’t bother?

What's Jesus got to do with any sell on clause 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Notts1874 said:

What's Jesus got to do with any sell on clause 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Lol that’ll be an edit incoming

August Landmesser
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Because it’s nativity not to. What’s the worst than can happen if we do? He gets released and we get zero same as we would if we didn’t bother?

How many transfers do you hear about a third team getting a wee dividend from a sell-on fee? It's nowhere near the number of actual transfers that happen. I would guess the vast majority of transfers don't include a sell-on

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

How many transfers do you hear about a third team getting a wee dividend from a sell-on fee? It's nowhere near the number of actual transfers that happen. I would guess the vast majority of transfers don't include a sell-on

I don’t care about other teams. I’m saying in my own personal opinion if it was me I’d always try and include something in the off chance one of the players turns into a £50M rated player ken ? As I would like to reiterate what’s the worst than can happen if you do.

topical today considering Man City are getting 15% of the Sancho fee, and also McGinn in the papers last week where it was said both Hibs and St Mirren would get a chunk if he moved on again. It’s more popular than you think.

Edited by RustyRightPeg

4 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

The transfer at the time was reported as a free transfer whilst we got fees for Clare and Washington. I would hope we stuck in a. Sell on clause. Sure we did for Edwards 

August Landmesser
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

I don’t care about other teams. I’m saying in my own personal opinion if it was me I’d always try and include something in the off chance one of the players turns into a £50M rated player ken ? As I would like to reiterate what’s the worst than can happen if you do.

that's fair enough, but equally fair enough is not including one, or, maybe more likely, trying to include one but the buying club (or the player themselves) telling us to bolt, and then we risk losing a sale altogether, so we don't force the issue.

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hearts doing Hearts as per. 

Just a pointless comment,i'd have thought after the other day you would of deleted your KB account,the threads have certainly been more bearable without you spamming them.

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Just a pointless comment,i'd have thought after the other day you would of deleted your KB account,the threads have certainly been more bearable without you spamming them.

Why message me then go away 👍

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Presumably we just wanted him off the wage bill as we entered the championship with a pandemic going on. I don’t recall many dissenters at the time. 

Not the point dave, how many people were interested in Hickey when we took him of Celtic, but Celtic still added a sell on clause, bad business again by the club. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Presumably we just wanted him off the wage bill as we entered the championship with a pandemic going on. I don’t recall many dissenters at the time. 

Aye him and that boy that we signed Demour from because he said he was sound (Dikamona) both at the same time.   Fair play to Uche but we should have negotiated a sell on fee just incase of miracles. 

2 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

:lol:   brilliant.   Thought that had a whiff of pulp fiction about it for abit. 

Hope we beat them severely this season. 

Edited by HMFC01

Bongo 1874

Imagine questioning a supporter because he wanted the club, to add a sell on clause, so the club might benefit from it 😂 oh my word. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Not the point dave, how many people were interested in Hickey when we took him of Celtic, but Celtic still added a sell on clause, bad business again by the club. 

We were likely more desperate than they were due to circumstances. If you had said this last year I would have more respect for this opinion. 😄

Bongo 1874
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We were likely more desperate than they were due to circumstances. If you had said this last year I would have more respect for this opinion. 😄

Does it cost to have a sell on clause included? 

That's basic dave. 

Sorry desperate for what, do we not have someone pumping money into the club, and benefactors. 

We weren't desperate. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Leveins Battalion
9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Why message me then go away 👍

Bongo you used to be a decent poster,i am not on KB that much these days but i pop in mainly to read the transfer gossip etc.

But your posting and behaviour of late has been extremely weird,your 24 hour marathon posting on the transfer thread was bordering on Physchotic or at least Hibsesque.

Now i don't know you personally but if i remember a while back you said you were taking a break from KB due to your state of mind,maybe that time again buddy.

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Bongo you used to be a decent poster,i am not on KB that much these days but i pop in mainly to read the transfer gossip etc.

But your posting and behaviour of late has been extremely weird,your 24 hour marathon posting on the transfer thread was bordering on Physchotic or at least Hibsesque.

Now i don't know you personally but if i remember a while back you said you were taking a break from KB due to your state of mind,maybe that time again buddy.

Okay 👍

davemclaren
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Does it cost to have a sell on clause included? 

That's basic dave. 

A sell on clause has a value so it does cost. From the press reports we released the player from his contract so we never negotiated with Wycombe. 

SuperstarSteve

If you’v watched this season at all.  He’s won Wycombe free kicks on the regular without hitting the deck and was generally a handful all season.

Had a blinder against Liverpool if I remember correctly. So many have a pop at his first touch due to the soccer AM appearance but his first touch is unbelievable at times, especially when the ball is coming over his shoulder, sure it was Aberdeen he pulled it off superbly, still can’t understand how a guy that big does it. 

in short…the refs down there benefit his game, the refs up here killed it. He was always gonna be a very Handy player in a non corrupt league.

Edited by SuperstarSteve

Bongo 1874

A sell on clause has a value so it does cost. From the press reports we released the player from his contract so we never negotiated with Wycombe. 

Bad business in my opinion dave. 

Nookie Bear

The scandal isn’t Hearts not putting a sell-on fee but the likes of Uche going for a potential £1m. 

I like him but he is limited at best. 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Bad business in my opinion dave. 

We shouldn’t have released him from his contract?

41 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Guaranteed we have no sell on clause.

I think many people would say it wasn’t needed. 

1 minute ago, Jumper said:

I think many people would say it wasn’t needed. 

Indeed many people were saying we should pay him to leave. 

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

The scandal isn’t Hearts not putting a sell-on fee but the likes of Uche going for a potential £1m. 

I like him but he is limited at best. 

This is the real point. The top two divisions in England are drunk. 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Indeed many people were saying we should pay him to leave. 

We might well have settled an amount with him anyway. 

The Treasurer
24 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Has anyone considered the possibility that the deal may not have happened if we had insisted on a sell on clause. Suppose its easier to blame our club 

A_A wehatethehibs

I predicted this fee for Ikpeazu all along, we should have put a sell on fee in! That's 70k we will never see!! FFS Hearts I told you so, we need change!

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I predicted this fee for Ikpeazu all along, we should have put a sell on fee in! That's 70k we will never see!! FFS Hearts I told you so, we need change!

According to the papers we freed him. There was no deal to put a clause in. 

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

This is the real point. The top two divisions in England are drunk. 

Always found it depressing that in Scottish football, money is scarce, but in England they throw money away with little care. Though English clubs suddenly become tight fisted when they try to sign a Scottish based player. 

A_A wehatethehibs

According to the papers we freed him. There was no deal to put a clause in. 

Rightly so. He was pish and at the heart of Leveinball we all despised so much. 

Rick Sanchez

I'd have gladly had us pay 70k to not have him fumble about on the ball or work it out towards the touchline and collapse in a heap looking for a free kick.

Poor signing from Middlesbrough.

RustyRightPeg

Apologies I didn’t realise we free’d Uche so my sell on comments are redundant for him but it is something I’d like to see Hearts do more often. Particularly for the likes of Hickey, no doubt Celtic will be sniffing about him so it’d be nice to take something off them. 

2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Why don’t you throw your hat in the ring for the new chief scout? Or apply for any openings on the staff? Someone with your expertise in all things football must be inundated with offers from top clubs all the time. Or is it cos you’re a nobody with little or no knowledge of what actually goes on behind the scenes and are just a bitter deluded ‘fan’ who thinks he knows better than everyone? 

RustyRightPeg
3 hours ago, SuperstarSteve said:

If you’v watched this season at all.  He’s won Wycombe free kicks on the regular without hitting the deck and was generally a handful all season.

Had a blinder against Liverpool if I remember correctly. So many have a pop at his first touch due to the soccer AM appearance but his first touch is unbelievable at times, especially when the ball is coming over his shoulder, sure it was Aberdeen he pulled it off superbly, still can’t understand how a guy that big does it. 

in short…the refs down there benefit his game, the refs up here killed it. He was always gonna be a very Handy player in a non corrupt league.

Wouldn't say it's the refs down there, up here maybe yeah. It's more down to the fact that down south, the players are generally more athletic and you're more likely to encounter players of a similar stature to Uche. Up here he looked like Andre the Giant at his peak and the referees couldn't see past it.

Bongo 1874
1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Why don’t you throw your hat in the ring for the new chief scout? Or apply for any openings on the staff? Someone with your expertise in all things football must be inundated with offers from top clubs all the time. Or is it cos you’re a nobody with little or no knowledge of what actually goes on behind the scenes and are just a bitter deluded ‘fan’ who thinks he knows better than everyone? 

Took the bait like a champ 😂👍 on a serious note, that's 1 mil for ucheboo, and 4-5 mil for Doig, down the pan. 

Didn't get what Hickey was worth, Small fee for Patterson, Small fee for Walker, plums for Nicholson, yep we seem to be doing it right 👍

As for you're other rambling nonsense crack on bud. 

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Took the bait like a champ 😂👍 on a serious note, that's 1 mil for ucheboo, and 4-5 mil for Doig, down the pan. 

Didn't get what Hickey was worth, Small fee for Patterson, Small fee for Walker, plums for Nicholson, yep we seem to be doing it right 👍

As for you're other rambling nonsense crack on bud. 

More pish. Now you’re trying to slate the club for a made-up pretend £5m that some mad Hibs fans think they are getting for Doig.

Nobody was paying £1m for an out of sorts bit part player that was Uche with us 2 seasons ago. £5m for Doig ffs😂 He would still be a half arsed youngster in the reserves if he was still with us as he wasn’t getting a game ahead of Kingsley or Hickey before him. 
Champ.

Edited by DS98