• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jamboinglasgow

• Last Laff

• Mikey1874

• milky_26

Rick Sanchez

Joe Hart to Celtic this week for 1m and 15k a week. According to the DR and Fabrizio Romano.

Still capable of a clanger tbh.

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Cameron Carter -Vickers Spurs to celtic apparently , is he any good ???

Yeah English Championship level player, good on the ball solid. 

Good age, sell on value. 

Contract runs out in 2022.

Edited by Bongo 1874

9 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Joe Hart to Celtic this week for 1m and 15k a week. According to the DR and Fabrizio Romano.

Still capable of a clanger tbh.

Never rated him tbh, was he not the one that had a shocker against Iceland the time they knocked them out the euros? Along with the many other poor goals he's lost at club level, could be a cracking signing for ceptic! Big ange must stay!! 🤣

6 hours ago, Tazio said:

The Scottish media’s love in with Hibs pushes the price of players like Doig up.  

Unbelievable  that they’ve managed to get this guy a big money move.  Any time I’ve seen him play  he’s looked downright ordinary.  I reckon he’ll be found out big style down there.

heartmussel
6 hours ago, Tazio said:

The Scottish media’s love in with Hibs pushes the price of players like Doig up.  

Exactly,some family members and friends of mine sadly are Hibs orientated,believe me they are delighted with this deal if it materialises.

Ainsley Harriott

The fact Hibs are getting 3 million for him when we only managef 1.5million for Hickey pretty much sums up how well our club has been governed last few years.

3 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

The fact Hibs are getting 3 million for him when we only managef 1.5million for Hickey pretty much sums up how well our club has been governed last few years.

True, despite everything that was going on at the club Hickey should have shown us more loyalty though. Doig signed a new longer deal after breaking through.  Hickeys old man only thought was getting him across to Glasgow - hope he enjoyed the game on Saturday! 

jamboinglasgow

So it looks like Celtic are signing Hart and James McCarthy. They feel like two random signings as they throw something at the wall and hoping it sticks. You would have to imagine Celtic will be blowing a big chunk of wages on these two.

I guess Mc Carthy will be Browns replacement. 

Another villain.    Less of a wind up merchant but perhaps more of a hatchet man. 

23 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Looks like Celtic are signing James McCarthy on 2 year deal.

This is actually a decent signing. 

Hart is a minor upgrade on the two clowns they already have.

Leveins Battalion

Celtic are a bombscare of a club,they used to have a great scouting system that used the Dutch/French market amazingly with up and coming young players.

They have now fallen into that stagnant recruitment scenario of signing over the hill players,Hart and McCarthy have a combined age of 65 or something.

Youth and signing hungry players is the way forward.I still expect them to sign Nisbet this window though.

Bazzas right boot
On 21/07/2021 at 19:09, Seymour M Hersh said:

No doubt he'll become Marvin Bartley's favourite player. 

How did I miss this. 

Wins the Internet. 

Hart is at least an upgrade on what they have and 3 year deal

McCarthy has a terrible recent injury record and now 30 years of age.......given him a 4 year deal !!.......well done to his agent

He had talent but there must be doubts about him but if you are desperate then theses things happen

Guest ToqueJambo

McCarthy's a good signing but still doesn't solve their two big areas that need strengthening - strikers and defenders. Hart though!

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Is it a fact? Doubtful. Even Hibs fans don't think he's worth that. If he does move I would bet they'll get less than we did for Hickey up front but we may never now as it'll be an undisclosed fee. Doig is nowhere near first team standard for a bigger team than Hibs and even English teams will baulk at paying that much for a mostly unproven reserve from Scotland. He's very replaceable and could easily be a one season wonder which is why Hibs are trying to cash in, while we wanted to keep Hickey because we knew we'd get more for him later as well as having a top class player on our hands for longer.

I means last time I looked at a Hibs.net thread on him they were saying Lewis Stevenson was a better defender than Doig. Hibs are clearly trying to create a bidding war here or force someone to make an actual bid.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
On 01/08/2021 at 10:34, BarneyBattles said:

No chance he’s going for £3m up front. Will be heavily weighted towards future targets. 

He was statistically the worst left back in the Scottish premiership last season😂

Same, baffling. Agree about the fee and his alleged talent. Not a chance it will be close to that much no matter what the papers say. Scottish LBs are in vogue though I suppose. Everyone wants the next Robertson, Tierney or Hickey. If he was even close to them though Celtic would be in for him.

Leveins Battalion
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Same, baffling. Agree about the fee and his alleged talent. Not a chance it will be close to that much no matter what the papers say. Scottish LBs are in vogue though I suppose. Everyone wants the next Robertson, Tierney or Hickey. If he was even close to them though Celtic would be in for him.

This whole scenario is Graeme Mathie trying to kick up a whizz and create a bidding war.If you actually watch Doig he is absolutely nothing special.However Hibs have created this myth,they do it with everybody they sign.Last season we heard how great Gogic was 😂😂 same as that boy Porteous,he is absolutely honking.

13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Is it a fact? Doubtful. Even Hibs fans don't think he's worth that. If he does move I would bet they'll get less than we did for Hickey up front but we may never now as it'll be an undisclosed fee. Doig is nowhere near first team standard for a bigger team than Hibs and even English teams will baulk at paying that much for a mostly unproven reserve from Scotland. He's very replaceable and could easily be a one season wonder which is why Hibs are trying to cash in, while we wanted to keep Hickey because we knew we'd get more for him later as well as having a top class player on our hands for longer.

I means last time I looked at a Hibs.net thread on him they were saying Lewis Stevenson was a better defender than Doig. Hibs are clearly trying to create a bidding war here or force someone to make an actual bid.

Also there wasn't much we could have done about Hickey's situation.  I think we need to be better at rewarding our kids and protecting our investments, but the issue you have when someone breaks in as young as Hickey is he's on his first contract and you've nowhere to go really.  We never had a chance to tie him down in truth, unless he himself actively wanted that, which he didn't.  He was on the longest contract we were allowed to give him at the time of him signing it, Im sure.

25 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

McCarthy's a good signing but still doesn't solve their two big areas that need strengthening - strikers and defenders. Hart though!

Good signings McCarthy and Hart will bring experience, I think that's takes there sqaud upto 33 though huge, what was the point in Griffiths getting a year deal it's obvious he isn't going to play 😂👆, massive rebuild. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Hart is an upgrade in goals for them, also would love to get it up him at Tynecastle :jjyay:

McCarthy is also a good player, but midfield isn't really an issue for them anyway. As long as they continue to have a sub par back four they aren't going to be anything to worry about. Edouard is also very obviously on aeroplane mode whilst Griffiths isn't even as fit as whoever Ross Countys worst player is.

jamboinglasgow
25 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Wonder if it means they will look to sell McGregor as that is where McCarthy would play.

Hart is fine but is no where near what he was.

McCarthy getting a 4 year deal is madness considering how little he has played in the last 5 years (an average of about 7 league games a season in that time.)

On 01/08/2021 at 19:57, jamboinglasgow said:

That actually would make much more sense.

Remember someone saying months ago they were told that Hibs dont actually rate Doig that much so are trying to capitalise on the hype to move him on. And its something I cant believe, the annoying thing that Hibs are doing is hyping up their players (particularly through certain sections of the media) which means they can often sell their players for more then they are. Its something I wish Hearts were better at.

Hibs have the EEN in their pocket so much easier to do especially when the Glasgow press don't give a toss so just lift stories form the EEN

Knee jerk signings from Celtic, both have good CVs but have barely played a two consecutive games of football in over 3 years. Hardly the type of players you want to drag into their situation - I'd imagine they are paying them handsome salaries too.

Byyy The Light
6 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Hibs have the EEN in their pocket so much easier to do especially when the Glasgow press don't give a toss so just lift stories form the EEN

Not just the EEN, the amount of utter drivel waffled about them on Sportscene is frightening

Edited by Byyy The Light

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Not just the EEN, the amount of utter drivel waffled about them on Sportscene is frightening

simple as this. We just need to beat them and finish above them.

we have better players all over the pitch but they do pick up wins away and we struggle . 

8 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

You really hate Hearts don't you 😂😂

1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

I guess Mc Carthy will be Browns replacement. 

Another villain.    Less of a wind up merchant but perhaps more of a hatchet man. 

More like Ryan Christie's replacement. 

Pasquale for King
55 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Hart is shite and McCarthy is average. 

Wouldn't be very whelmed if I was a Celtic fan. 

Just what I was going to say, two of the right types though 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

simple as this. We just need to beat them and finish above them.

we have better players all over the pitch but they do pick up wins away and we struggle . 

They struggle at home, they play on the break but seem to carry an unbelievable amount of luck. 
 Their three goals on Sunday were all extremely fortunate. When we played them they scored an offside goal and got a dodgy penalty, and still lost. Not that I’m biased or anything. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

More like Ryan Christie's replacement. 

Slightly different players, he’s only scored 26 goals in nearly 400 games. Hope you’re right though because he’s injury prone and not that great. 

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

You really hate Hearts don't you 😂😂

Aye just me having a dig you must think doig is much better?

Byyy The Light
Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

Aye just me having a dig you must think doig is much better?

You want the club to kidnap Hickey’s family until he signs a deal? By all means have a dig when it’s justified. The club can’t be blamed for Hickey situation and Hibs’ luck with Doig. 

Ainsley Harriott
41 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

You want the club to kidnap Hickey’s family until he signs a deal? By all means have a dig when it’s justified. The club can’t be blamed for Hickey situation and Hibs’ luck with Doig. 

It's what Vlad would have done

Byyy The Light
6 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

And that's why he should have a statue on the plaza.

18 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

True - Vlad would've offered him 25k per week and sold him 3 days after he signed the deal...

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
5 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

True - Vlad would've offered him 25k per week and sold him 3 days after he signed the deal...

And then pocketed all the money. What a champ. 

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Also, I'm pretty sure he's never played in front of a decent size crowd since breaking into the first team.

Might not affect his level of performance but time will tell one way or the other.

22 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

And then pocketed all the money. What a champ. 

Vlad didn't pocket cash from Hearts. He did several debt for equity swaps which maintained the debt at level he inherited. Say what you like about Vlad but he funded the club like no previous owner had. It was when his other businesses ran out of cash that the problems came about.

Edited by Spellczech

Guest ToqueJambo
On 01/08/2021 at 11:57, jamboinglasgow said:

That actually would make much more sense.

Remember someone saying months ago they were told that Hibs dont actually rate Doig that much so are trying to capitalise on the hype to move him on. And its something I cant believe, the annoying thing that Hibs are doing is hyping up their players (particularly through certain sections of the media) which means they can often sell their players for more then they are. Its something I wish Hearts were better at.

I actually don't like the way Hibs seem to want to sell their best players as soon as they're doing well. I'd honestly prefer to get a good 3 years out of a young player like Doig then get a development fee than get 1 year and 1 or 2 million. Silly money is obviously hard to turn down but the question is how that money gets used. We got a million for Sow for example but I'd rather have kept him than got the money the way things turned out. We got not much money for Paterson but we did get to see him for longer and he was a great player for us. Same for the likes of Driver, Walker and others who we turned down offers for. Going back to their "golden generation" Hibs seem to want to sell their best young players as quickly as possible. They sold Mowbray's young team off in one go practically.

Obviously the transfer market has changed but for me the best outcome is Gary Naysmith. We got nearly 100 games out of him and he was much better at a younger age than Doig is now. Then we still got a decent fee when he left and he got his move to a bigger club and league and pushed on. Not sure if that's possible now as players have more power, but I would rather have seen Naysmith for those 3-4 years than seen him for one season but got more money for him.

Guest ToqueJambo
40 minutes ago, Drumelzier said:

Also, I'm pretty sure he's never played in front of a decent size crowd since breaking into the first team.

Might not affect his level of performance but time will tell one way or the other.

Or any crowd? He's only had 28 first team games in the league and hasn't been anywhere near the standout Hickey was. Mental the hype around him. In bigger games - us in the semi and their other semi and the cup final, he's been rubbish. The only reason the papers are talking up big fees is the length of his contract. But if he's seen as a development player still by bigger clubs why not wait to see how he develops at Hibs then make an offer and get a first team player instead? Hibs are definitely trying to cash in and use the press to encourage someone to step in by making int sound like there are loads of clubs about to pounce. The FOMO strategy basically. YOU have to assume they need the money and therefore this won't be invested back into the team, and Hibs fans get yet another season of Lewis Stevenson.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

No Vlad would have dropped Hickey and we'd never have seen him play for us again.

Leveins Battalion

There are NO bids for Doig.

It is Mathie and Ross attempting to try and kick up some interest and secure funds,Hibs needs fans back in the stadiums asap........:greggy: