• jamboinglasgow

• Last Laff

• Mikey1874

• milky_26

45 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

That's Gilmour to Norwich on loan confirmed 😎

Good move for Norwich and Gilmour. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

McCarts the best of the 3 St. Johnstone Centerhalfs. 

To get decent quality and to really kick on and consolidate in the top 4 and to challenge for trophies, we will need to spend money, if we don’t or can’t afford to, then it will be much more of the rubbish we have had to endure for most of the last 10 years 

20 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

http://dlvr.it/S2vmbL

Hibs going for it, 

This is where we should be at. Instead will be no marks from down south and again wasted money on dross. Really hope I am wrong but just feels like we are missing a trick here. This is supposed to be what the FOH money would be used for

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

This is where we should be at. Instead will be no marks from down south and again wasted money on dross. Really hope I am wrong but just feels like we are missing a trick here. This is supposed to be what the FOH money would be used for

Sadly we have seen nothing to show that our recruitment will improve anytime soon,we always seem to be at the back of the que for upcoming talent,i'd expect more loan signings and past it players.Pretty fecking depressing TBH.

jamboinglasgow
34 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

http://dlvr.it/S2vmbL

Hibs going for it, 

Not really, they tried to offer a low amount to St Johnstone who are looking for a lot more. MK Dons are after him as well, think he will end up in England.

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

That's Gilmour to Norwich on loan confirmed 😎

40 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Good move for Norwich and Gilmour. 

Hopefully a good move for Chelsea too. I'll praise them here as they could have kept him for 10-12 games at most. 

Great opportunity. 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

He's actually a really good player. Much better than Hanlon and bombscare Portous. I hope we're interested. 

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

He's actually a really good player. Much better than Hanlon and bombscare Portous. I hope we're interested. 

Yeah, i like McCart, he's solid and good on the ball too, plus he plays left side. Would be a good signing for us. 

I expect the Hibs players will be "delighted" to hear Hibs are offering to pay a transfer fee at the same time they are asking the players to further defer the payments they deferred last year.........

Nookie Bear
5 minutes ago, JTJ said:

I expect the Hibs players will be "delighted" to hear Hibs are offering to pay a transfer fee at the same time they are asking the players to further defer the payments they deferred last year.........

Is that going on?

I am sure Fraser Wishart will be along in a moment to attach the club.

2 hours ago, JackLadd said:

McCart would be an upgrade on Hanlon. Can see why they are in for him. 

absolutely an upgrade. Hope they don’t get him

17 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Is that going on?

I am sure Fraser Wishart will be along in a moment to attach the club.

Nah it was paid this month. 

Bongo 1874
20 hours ago, DS98 said:

More pish. Now you’re trying to slate the club for a made-up pretend £5m that some mad Hibs fans think they are getting for Doig.

Nobody was paying £1m for an out of sorts bit part player that was Uche with us 2 seasons ago. £5m for Doig ffs😂 He would still be a half arsed youngster in the reserves if he was still with us as he wasn’t getting a game ahead of Kingsley or Hickey before him. 
Champ.

Made up pish Hibs are struggling for cash, yet have turned down money for how many players 😂

And are now trying to sign a player for a fee 😂 yeah they seem desperate right enough. 

We could do worse than been in for both Gordon and Mccart, would take that kerr but I'm told he's Hibs daft. 

Thats you're left sided centre half Mccart who has sell on value, and Liam Gordon is better backup than Popescu. 

Two birds one stone, Halkett if he stays, Souttar will be probably moved on if he doesn't sign new contract, Mccart, Gordon, can get rid of Popescu, and call up either Hamilton or Flatman, to give them some first team experience. 

You also have other players that can fill in at centre half Haring, Smith, etc but I would rather Smith played out wide, with Cochrane, Kingsley etc let them bomb on if we are playing 3 at the back. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Guest ToqueJambo

I'd like us to look at McCart. He'll definitely improve Hibs, but 400k? This is the kind of situation where I'd like to be able to vote temporarily in pre-season to divert FoH funds to a transfer kitty for a specific target.  Say this season the club says we want to sign a high quality striker or CB but it looks like that will mean a fee, diverting FoH funds seems a good way to help make it happen.

22 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Took the bait like a champ 😂👍 on a serious note, that's 1 mil for ucheboo, and 4-5 mil for Doig, down the pan. 

Didn't get what Hickey was worth, Small fee for Patterson, Small fee for Walker, plums for Nicholson, yep we seem to be doing it right 👍

As for you're other rambling nonsense crack on bud. 

All valid points. 

Looking like we can add Souttar to that too since his contract is up at the end of the coming season and we've heard zilch about an extension. 

Having a structure to our football department IMO was to prevent this. To ensure that we're methodically and professionally managing the contract situation of our best talents. Even Peterborough do it ffs :D if you enter the final 2 years of your contract you're offered an extension, if you turn it down and then you're sold and MacAnthony seems adept at extracting the maximum value for his players. More over, if you have 24 months left on your contract you're not going to dare try and run it down because that's 2 years warming the bench. It puts the club in a strong negotiating position to get a deal done. 

To my mind, we should have been looking at a couple million each for Paterson, Walker, Nicholson & Hickey. Instead, you're lucky if we scraped that collectively (and thats only because we managed to actually sell Hickey). 

I'm not shitting on the club for the sake of it, its an area that requires massive improvement. Developing young talent is rendered pointless if they walk on frees/low fees. Get this right and the upside is massive. 

Leveins Battalion
8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'd like us to look at McCart. He'll definitely improve Hibs, but 400k? This is the kind of situation where I'd like to be able to vote temporarily in pre-season to divert FoH funds to a transfer kitty for a specific target.  Say this season the club says we want to sign a high quality striker or CB but it looks like that will mean a fee, diverting FoH funds seems a good way to help make it happen.

100% even teams like Luton have a fans transfer fund,allowed them to sign Adebayo,Campbell and Mendez Gomes.

Meanwhile we are pumping £150 k a month into our club and can’t even compete with Hibs for fees.

Something is far wrong and it’s needs to change.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

100% even teams like Luton have a fans transfer fund,allowed them to sign Adebayo,Campbell and Mendez Gomes.

Meanwhile we are pumping £150 k a month into our club and can’t even compete with Hibs for fees.

Having said that, indirectly FoH funds probably do boost our transfer fund as money that might be spent elsewhere could be spent on transfers.

We should 100% be after Mccart, if he ends up at hibs, i would be gutted, unless we are targetting better but I can't see it.

9 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Truth is although the FOH generates a fantastic amount of money, the likes of Dave Cormack at Aberdeen and possibly Ron Gordon at Hibs probably invest more of there own personal wealth than a fan owned club like Hearts are generating via fans monthly DDs

Im sure Cormack and Gordon get a cut of any transfer income, but we might find it difficult to compete in the transfer and wages stakes only being a fan run club.

We do have a benefactor, but James Anderson seems to prefer putting his wealth into projects like the stand building and the women’s team etc, not in team building improvements.

it is going to be interesting to see what happens when the club is handed over to FOH, but I have a nagging doubt that if we are struggling to compete at the top end of the table within a period of time (say 5 years) then I feel there could be a call for change and we could be open to offers from new owners again.

Fans are fickle ..

9 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Truth is although the FOH generates a fantastic amount of money, the likes of Dave Cormack at Aberdeen and possibly Ron Gordon at Hibs probably invest more of there own personal wealth than a fan owned club like Hearts are generating via fans monthly DDs

Im sure Cormack and Gordon get a cut of any transfer income, but we might find it difficult to compete in the transfer and wages stakes only being a fan run club.

We do have a benefactor, but James Anderson seems to prefer putting his wealth into projects like the stand building and the women’s team etc, not in team building improvements.

it is going to be interesting to see what happens when the club is handed over to FOH, but I have a nagging doubt that if we are struggling to compete at the top end of the table within a period of time (say 5 years) then I feel there could be a call for change and we could be open to offers from new owners again.

Fans are fickle ..

Wouldn't disagree RE privately owned v fan owned in terms of the limitations we have under our structure.  However I am not convinced Aberdeen or Hibs will be getting much out their respective owners personal wealth though i could be wrong. Both those clubs finished in the top part of the premier league last year. Hibs made the later stages of both cups. Aberdeen have sold in the recent past and do have some sellable assetts. Hibs have unfortunately 2/3 in demand sellable assets so can afford to speculate a bit on the assumption more will be coming in the door. 

Hearts, a season in the championship, no cup runs and no significant sellable assets- its only logical that we would have less spending power than these clubs. Add in covid, season ticket sales etc on top and you'd have to think paying a fee is a hard ask for us. 

That said there has been a few ITK posters on here that alluded to James Anderson bringing his wallet and while there is no evidence of that this window (yet) we have managed to remain competitive in the market previously. 

Leveins Battalion

Excuse my ingnorance but what are the FOH funds being used for now?

Also and what is the future plan for these funds?

No argument re the stand,a huge part of the infrastructure of the club but the malaise around our team needs addressed pronto,years and years of decline and I am really surprised that the pledgers have remained so strong.

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, bistokid said:

Wouldn't disagree RE privately owned v fan owned in terms of the limitations we have under our structure.  However I am not convinced Aberdeen or Hibs will be getting much out their respective owners personal wealth though i could be wrong. Both those clubs finished in the top part of the premier league last year. Hibs made the later stages of both cups. Aberdeen have sold in the recent past and do have some sellable assetts. Hibs have unfortunately 2/3 in demand sellable assets so can afford to speculate a bit on the assumption more will be coming in the door. 

Hearts, a season in the championship, no cup runs and no significant sellable assets- its only logical that we would have less spending power than these clubs. Add in covid, season ticket sales etc on top and you'd have to think paying a fee is a hard ask for us. 

That said there has been a few ITK posters on here that alluded to James Anderson bringing his wallet and while there is no evidence of that this window (yet) we have managed to remain competitive in the market previously. 

Why else is he here? Appreciate his business acumen but it’s not football related and seems strange to have someone with his experience and wealth on board just to cast an eye over our business. 

39 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Why else is he here? Appreciate his business acumen but it’s not football related and seems strange to have someone with his experience and wealth on board just to cast an eye over our business. 

It's a good question and I may just be ignorant but don't think its ever been explicit his motives. Perhaps its simple as to support Ann Budge and bail us out if necessary. (as he has done). What is unclear to me is, and I don't look at our accounts etc. So it might be obvious to someone like FF, is the market we appear to be trading (loans and frees) still with JA backing and keeping what assets we do have (Boyce / Souttar) is the extent of our ambition this year given in flow constraints. Perhaps hes backing this window just to keep the team broadly together. We might yet pay a fee / bring in a Naismith calibre signing which would be a clearer indicator of his involvement. 

22 hours ago, Cruyff said:

He is actually the worst.

davemclaren
2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Excuse my ingnorance but what are the FOH funds being used for now?

Also and what is the future plan for these funds?

No argument re the stand,a huge part of the infrastructure of the club but the malaise around our team needs addressed pronto,years and years of decline and I am really surprised that the pledgers have remained so strong.

The FoH funds go into the club’s general income. A bit of a godsend while no supporters are allowed in the ground one would imagine. 

4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Has anyone explained to you why the other Directors are on the Board and are their skills football related?

If you are a shareholder it would be a good question to ask at the next AGM or you could maybe write to AB now and ask her.

Nookie Bear
19 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Has anyone explained to you why the other Directors are on the Board and are their skills football related?

If you are a shareholder it would be a good question to ask at the next AGM or you could maybe write to AB now and ask her.

No need to be touchy about it. Just wondering what a guy who is used to managing billions of pounds worth of assets is going to get out of a small business like Hearts. 

Time will tell, I suppose, but I am comfortable that it is a positive move for the club. 

Nookie Bear
7 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Fans are fickle ..

Difference is that Cormack and Gordon are as likely to walk away, or just lose interest, than they are to invest millions. 

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Difference is that Cormack and Gordon are as likely to walk away, or just lose interest, than they are to invest millions. 

I could counter Hearts fans could walk away from FOH if the club continues to be poorly run on the football field, where will the new pledgers come from ?

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

I could counter Hearts fans could walk away from FOH if the club continues to be poorly run on the football field, where will the new pledgers come from ?

Bottom of the league and a shambolic legal fight and we are still here. Not sure what else they could do to us 😁

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Bottom of the league and a shambolic legal fight and we are still here. Not sure what else they could do to us 😁

make us reappoint levein?

John Findlay
7 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Yes us Hearts supporters have proved that we walk away. Dream on sunshine.

15 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

No need to be touchy about it. Just wondering what a guy who is used to managing billions of pounds worth of assets is going to get out of a small business like Hearts. 

Time will tell, I suppose, but I am comfortable that it is a positive move for the club. 

Not being touchy about it.  Just wondering why you feel the need to know about JA but not the rest of the Board.  JA may not be looking for anything out of this business, after all he is a well known philanthropist, and may just be doing a friend a favour.  These things happen.

Alternatively he might be willing to put x million pounds into the club and, if this were well publicised, transfer fees and wage demands would increase, doing us no favours whatever.

Much better for us to sit quiet in positive ignorance and relish the fact that we have someone of his calibre on the Board.

7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Yes us Hearts supporters have proved that we walk away. Dream on sunshine.

I’m afraid I’m old enough to remember regular crowds of under 5000 in the early 80s

that is exactly what happens when standards drop and you don’t invest in the standard of the playing staff.

Never take your support for granted.

John Findlay
23 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

I’m afraid I’m old enough to remember regular crowds of under 5000 in the early 80s

that is exactly what happens when standards drop and you don’t invest in the standard of the playing staff.

Never take your support for granted.

My first game was December 1965, I too have been at Tynecastle when the gate was under 3,000. 

If you believe the current custodians of the club take the support for granted(I dont), then feel free to walk away.

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

My first game was December 1965, I too have been at Tynecastle when the gate was under 3,000. 

If you believe the current custodians of the club take the support for granted(I dont), then feel free to walk away.

Aye ok….🤡

John Findlay
10 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Aye ok….🤡

Only one own here, it's not me sunshine.

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

What does this mean?

My mistake, I missed out the word clown.

Tommy Brown

Patrick Viera gets the Palace job.

Intintial response was "wow".

Brave or chancey one by the Palace board, we hait and see.

Edited by Tommy Brown