***Non-Hearts Summer 2021 Transfer Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Edouard on the move this weekend from Celtic but where ?

Griffiths likely to Dundee

Celtic to sign Georgios Giakoumakis from VVV-Venlo

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jamboinglasgow

• Last Laff

• Mikey1874

• milky_26

12 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I wonder if Ronaldo will pass the medical or indeed qualify for a visa ?   😏

Seems the stock market likes the deal as well as per the rise in share price

Yeah probably worth it even for the commercial side of the deal

Just now, CJGJ said:

Rubin Kazan or Bordeaux linked with eduaord 

RustyRightPeg
31 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

What a U-turn. The ultimate troll move if he was never going to city. 

It’ll certainly be interesting to see how he does at in the premier league at 36

still the fittest guy in it. He’s a freak of nature 

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Piss myself if Griffiths goes there as the hibs fans won’t be happy 

3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Celtic still paying off that vote.

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Yeah probably worth it even for the commercial side of the deal

Juventus share price also went up when news broke

Ronaldo is brave to return given his image from the past and you cannot knock him on that front.......whether he will make a significant difference in terms of a league win or Champions League win is open to question

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/kristoffer-tonnessen-ik-start-receive-offer-for-hibs-linked-player-club-chief-says-deal-is-close-3363093

Would not be surprised if Hibs try for Griffiths as well............of course there is all the nonsense surrounding him but a fit Griffiths who is focused is still a good striker at SPFL level

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/jamie-mccart-hibs-wait-on-response-from-st-johnstone-as-two-english-clubs-emerge-as-competition-3363065

Edited by CJGJ

2 hours ago, gorgieheart said:

The Aberdeen Recruitment drive Reeks of Vladishness...boom or bust... hopefully BUST !

2 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

Stockpiling decent reputation players always risks ending sour, saw it with us a few years ago. Nimble squad supplemented with youth is typically the most successful method in Scotland outside of old firm.

088E5713-485C-4474-A198-371DA2F6E373.jpeg

Under the floodlight
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Ange likes Demis Roussos !

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

By nonsense you mean chatting up 15 year old lassies on social media 

Got to laugh at Hibs. 

Demanding top dollar for their myth of a wonder kid left back. But bidding 50 quid and a bag of training bibs for another teams top player. 

On that note I see after desperately whoring him out to all and sundry, Jack Ross has stated that the teams that were originally enquiring about Doig ‘aren’t phoning anymore’ 😂

Aye cos they’ve realised he’s pish!

14 hours ago, BM1874 said:

Watford were very keen last summer, decent enough for aberdeen to get him 

10 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Steve Bruce has confirmed that he is most likely going to Aberdeen (no other offers for him.) I am sure Man Utd were looking to sign him when he first broke through.

Yeah him and his brother were wanted by Man United, Newcastle turned down £50 mil for the brother Sean, he played his best football under Rafa, Rafa wants him at Everton and could get him for as little as £10mil crazy world we live in turning down £50mil from united, too both brothers not seen in Steve Bruce's plan, both of the brothers can play too, and are academy players, I consider Newcastle my English team if i was to support any, remember the entertainers and Kevin Keegan, Sir Bobby Robson. 

Newcastle are a shadow of the club they used to be unfortunately, terribly run, ambition just to stay up every season, they won't keep any good players for long. 

If run properly Newcastle and Leeds, who i watch as a neutral, due to style of play, manager etc could challenge the top 6 in England. 

Leeds look like doing it before Newcastle but 😂👍

Hearts have a better training ground than Newcastle, yet Newcastle are a Premier league team.

That's how much of a hold Ashley has on them. 

5 hours ago, gorgieheart said:

The Aberdeen Recruitment drive Reeks of Vladishness...boom or bust... hopefully BUST !

Their signings look decent tbf, i expect they will be up there challenging for 3rd/4th, I so hope we finish above them and broony has a meltdown would be glorious!

1 minute ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Their signings look decent tbf, i expect they will be up there challenging for 3rd/4th, I so hope we finish above them and broony has a meltdown would be glorious!

Agree but we will give them a challenge if we play more attacking, they have brought in Austin Samuel's from Wolves, Marley Watkins, good recruitment and are looking to play youth this season. 

Robbie needs to get rid of the mindset of sitting back and protecting a lead after scoring. 

We can go toe to toe with any team in our league, think positive. 

Guest ToqueJambo

2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Agree but we will give them a challenge if we play more attacking, they have brought in Austin Samuel's from Wolves, Marley Watkins, good recruitment and are looking to play youth this season. 

Robbie needs to get rid of the mindset of sitting back and protecting a lead after scoring. 

We can go toe to toe with any team in our league, think positive. 

Aberdeen are getting praise for their signings, but other than Ramirez looking the part so far, I don't get the fuss. A lot is riding on Ferguson and Brown in their engine room. I do like the look of their young full back though.

In terms of their recent signings, Ben Woodburn has a better pedigree than Samuel. As for Marley Watkins, is he good then? Gnando has a better scoring record at a similar level. And Beni is still competing for signing of the season with Kyogo.

Bates is one I would have been happy to get but they're paying yet another substantial transfer fee to get him, which is probably why we didn't really pursue him. They're spending a lot to get 3rd but not nearly enough to compete for 2nd. Traditionally it should be possible to get 3rd by signing good frees. There's no real need to pay out quite large fees like Hibs and Aberdeen are doing, especially when you also have to pay these players higher wages. I do think both Gordon and Cormack are playing the speculate to accumulate game, or trying to. Be interesting to see how we do considering we're still paying very low fees if any.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Seymour M Hersh
18 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Has to be said. Ronaldo back at man United is blockbuster. 

£500k a week and 36 years old. What could go wrong. I wonder how Sancho, Greenwood, Martial and  Cavani are feeling. 

Seymour M Hersh
19 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Ronaldo won’t cost utd a penny. 

Ronaldo, Cavani, Sancho, Greenwood, Rashford, Pogba, Fernandes 

not a bad attacking setup tbh.. 

Half a million a week is hardly not costing a penny. Lots of forwards but a pish midfield. 

A_A wehatethehibs
5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

£500k a week and 36 years old. What could go wrong. I wonder how Sancho, Greenwood, Martial and  Cavani are feeling. 

They will rightly be feeling like contenders for the big trophies, which they now absolutely are. Except Martial who will leave either for Arsenal or to PSG to replace Mbappe 

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

They will rightly be feeling like contenders for the big trophies, which they now absolutely are. Except Martial who will leave either for Arsenal or to PSG to replace Mbappe 

:rofl:

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Half a million a week is hardly not costing a penny. Lots of forwards but a pish midfield. 

their share price has risen $200m in a day.  In additional they will sell probably a hundred million on Merch. 

they are now a proper DM short of the best squad in the league

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

liverpool fan? They finished 2nd last year without Ronaldo, Varane and Sancho. I’d say they’ve got a decent shout. 

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Mate they have spent £125m and got ****ing Ronaldo, Varane and Sancho 😂 how’s Liverpool’s window going. Or are you a Man City man? £100m for Jack ****ing Grealish 😭😭😭

kingantti1874

Lot of jealousy from non Utd fans that’s for sure. In Ronaldo, Cavani, Sancho, Greenwood, Rashford, Pogba, Fernandes There aren’t many in Europe with better attacking options.  PSG probably the only one

Was reading football insider247 website earlier and it says Hibs are signing Nathan Wood, Middlesburgh centre back, was he not linked with us last week?

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Lot of jealousy from non Utd fans that’s for sure. In Ronaldo, Cavani, Sancho, Greenwood, Rashford, Pogba, Fernandes There aren’t many in Europe with better attacking options.  PSG probably the only one

Trust me there is no jealousy from me. 

I’d love to know how the “merchandise covers the wage” thing works. To cover Ronaldo’s wage you’re looking at 5000+ shirts a week, even if the club got every penny from each one. T shirts? Mugs? Bed sets? 

A_A wehatethehibs
15 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’d love to know how the “merchandise covers the wage” thing works. To cover Ronaldo’s wage you’re looking at 5000+ shirts a week, even if the club got every penny from each one. T shirts? Mugs? Bed sets? 

Dont think you are quite understanding the scale of that football club. 

Malinga the Swinga

All those Man Utd fans who were slating Ronaldo as past it and calling him a mercenary now saying he is greatest signing and worth every penny.

All those City fans who were saying he was worth every penny now saying he's past it and just a mercenary.

As a Hearts fan who doesn't like Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea or any of those soulless corporate companies, couldn't really care less. 

They have nothing on Hearts who when the chips were down, were saved by their supporters, not some corrupt oligarchy, some state who are fighting proxy wars or by businessmen who only care for $'s.

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Dont think you are quite understanding the scale of that football club. 

I totally understand the scale of it. I’m just saying half a million a week for a whole contract length on one players image is quite a thing. 

A_A wehatethehibs
19 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I totally understand the scale of it. I’m just saying half a million a week for a whole contract length on one players image is quite a thing. 

The man has the most followed Instagram account on the planet mate. Out in front #1 biggest name there is. 60m more followers than The Rock.  

Man United have gained a MILLION more followers in a DAY since he signed.

Its not about selling coffee cups, this is the digital age. All of man Uniteds commercial contracts scale upwards when they make posts on social media based on theta stuff. Commercial partners will be absolutely throwing money at them right now.

And if they win a big trophy? It is iconic. They’d break the £1billion turnover barrier, having scaled to I think £682m pre pandemic. 

and not only all that but the share price and investment thing. They are basically an investment bank 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Hibs sign Stephane Omeonga,.....they had him on loan a while ago...sorry Livingston sign him..apologies

Edited by CJGJ

Hibernian have agreed to sign Middlesbrough defender Nathan Wood, Football Insider can exclusively reveal.

The Scottish Premiership high flyers have swooped for the 19-year-old after setting their sights on a new centre-back.

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The man has the most followed Instagram account on the planet mate. Out in front #1 biggest name there is. 60m more followers than The Rock.  

Man United have gained a MILLION more followers in a DAY since he signed.

Its not about selling coffee cups, this is the digital age. All of man Uniteds commercial contracts scale upwards when they make posts on social media based on theta stuff. Commercial partners will be absolutely throwing money at them right now.

And if they win a big trophy? It is iconic. They’d break the £1billion turnover barrier, having scaled to I think £682m pre pandemic. 

and not only all that but the share price and investment thing. They are basically an investment bank 

Modern football at that level. It’s utterly w***, isn’t it 😂

3 hours ago, Tazio said:

It's not merchandise

Same as Messi at PSG. Makes money for them by being there. He is that big. 

Of course he is also a great example. How to work at being a football player, believe in yourself and make the best of your talents. Priceless. 

Edited by Mikey1874

jamboinglasgow
5 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Hibernian have agreed to sign Middlesbrough defender Nathan Wood, Football Insider can exclusively reveal.

The Scottish Premiership high flyers have swooped for the 19-year-old after setting their sights on a new centre-back.

Jack Ross has now confirmed he is signing.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Swansea bid 5m for Nisbet? Who keeps leaking these bullshit stories?

Its always Hibs, hoping that they can trick another club into paying lots of money.

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Its always Hibs, hoping that they can trick another club into paying lots of money.

to be fair they play the game quite well.  Amazed they aren’t called out on it