***Non-Hearts Summer 2021 Transfer Thread***

tartofmidlothian

On 28/08/2021 at 11:48, Tazio said:

I’d love to know how the “merchandise covers the wage” thing works. To cover Ronaldo’s wage you’re looking at 5000+ shirts a week, even if the club got every penny from each one. T shirts? Mugs? Bed sets? 

Have you seen the list of sponsors Man Utd have I don't think they need to worry about covering his wages 

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jamboinglasgow

• Last Laff

• Mikey1874

• milky_26

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 28/08/2021 at 11:48, Tazio said:

I’d love to know how the “merchandise covers the wage” thing works. To cover Ronaldo’s wage you’re looking at 5000+ shirts a week, even if the club got every penny from each one. T shirts? Mugs? Bed sets? 

i read somewhere that the share value of the club rose by $200m on the announcement-  on idea if true - but that basically covers it (if you’re a shareholder…) 

SuperstarSteve

Doig to rangers for 4million after barisic completes his 12million pound deal to Roma. 

Just a rumour at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Swansea haven't made a bid for Nisbet. I'm sure you're all as shocked as I am.

Fibs FC.

Yeah the story was Swansea asked and were told £5m so moved on very quickly 

TyphoonJambo
9 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Doig to rangers for 4million after barisic completes his 12million pound deal to Roma. 

Just a rumour at the moment. 

No way are Rangers paying 4m to any Scottish team,especially not one as overvalued as he is.

Hibs previous head of communications worked at the Daily Record and other media outlets I believe. Clearly was at it. 

No clue about the new guy though. 5 million for Nisbet. Absolutely no chance. 

jamboinglasgow
39 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Normally these stories about fees for Hibs players would alert the money laundering authorities. 

I think there was stories under Romanov, that Romanov's guys would put out large potential transfer fees for players so they could then put that down as the value of player to inflate the value of the club. I vaguely remember something about that.

8 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Hibs previous head of communications worked at the Daily Record and other media outlets I believe. Clearly was at it. 

No clue about the new guy though. 5 million for Nisbet. Absolutely no chance. 

A Dunfermline fan I know thinks they have a 30-40% Sell on fee of any transfer hibs get is there any truth in this ? 

14 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I think there was stories under Romanov, that Romanov's guys would put out large potential transfer fees for players so they could then put that down as the value of player to inflate the value of the club. I vaguely remember something about that.

That's not money laundering.

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

annoying if sevco have trousered 12m for guy valued on transfermarkt at 5m.  

And Gerrard rates Paterson more than 8M 😂 for a reserve right back 

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, Kyle1874 said:

A Dunfermline fan I know thinks they have a 30-40% Sell on fee of any transfer hibs get is there any truth in this ? 

They do apparently, one of my mates also a Pars fan is hoping they sell him so they get some cash. 

1 hour ago, Kyle1874 said:

I'm sure they discussed this on sportsound recently and Pars due a v hefty cut by all accounts 😁

27 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

And Gerrard rates Paterson more than 8M 😂 for a reserve right back 

I don't get how they can kb £8m for a reserve 19 y/o with 7 apps. 7 apps! The Balogun character might have pushed him down to 3rd left back pick after Sunday to boot.

7 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I don't get how they can kb £8m for a reserve 19 y/o with 7 apps. 7 apps! The Balogun character might have pushed him down to 3rd left back pick after Sunday to boot.

Look at Tierney, another few years of scudding St Mirren and Livingstone and the boys worth 25mill...  To be fair he does look a good prospect.

9 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Look at Tierney, another few years of scudding St Mirren and Livingstone and the boys worth 25mill...  To be fair he does look a good prospect.

I suppose if Everton think he's worth 8m on 7 apps could happen. needs to play tho. I actually think 19 y/o Ramsay at the Sheep is every bit as good.

Edited by JackLadd

13 hours ago, Kyle1874 said:

30% I’m pretty sure I read a while ago when he signed for Hibs.

jamboinglasgow

Newcastle United are signing a young Mexican striker on loan (with option of being permanent) called Santiago Munoz. The film Goal! was about a young Mexican player who signed for Newcastle United and was callled Santiago Munez. Someone at Newcastle must have gone for that transfer because of the very similar names.

6 minutes ago, Barack said:

Ryan Christie to Bournemouth.

Eh?! :lol:

i find it strange he would go to bournemouth over burnley as burnley are in the top flight while bournemouth are not. unless he sees living in/near bournemouth more preferable to burnley

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i find it strange he would go to bournemouth over burnley as burnley are in the top flight while bournemouth are not. unless he sees living in/near bournemouth more preferable to burnley

Some pretty nice areas down there’s nice spot to live

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Some pretty nice areas down there’s nice spot to live

i believe so, dont harry redknapp, graeme souness and others live down that way?

TyphoonJambo
7 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Burnley is an absolute hole.

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, Barack said:

Great. The little ginger fud breaking folk's legs, alongside another wee ginger fud, in Craig.

was always of the opinion we should have signed him when we took him on trial

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Don't think it will bother him he grew up in Inverness 🤢

inverness and surrounding areas are pretty nice mate. Certainly in comparison to most of Scotland - and burnley

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Wouldn't have been adverse. But he's still a nippy wee dick.

Who did we go for after instead?

Was it Naismith? Oor own nippy wee dick!

Just now, Barack said:

Surely wasn't a choice between him or Naismith? 😳😄 

Can't have been. What midfielders did we sign instead?* (*Make no apologies for not doing my own research.👍🏻)

oli lee, bozanic, haring, burns and edwards. possibly some others as well

14 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

was always of the opinion we should have signed him when we took him on trial

Yeah

He could have joined Walker in a player we could debate how little he actually contributes.

Crawford is a myth.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Haring = Hit.

Lee= Hit. (If purely for assists & goals.)

Burns = Nope.

Bozanic =Scored against Hibs. 50/50.

So, if it was a choice between them or Crawford, think Haring's proved the more astute acquisition in that CM/DM role. Pre-injury, of course. 

Like I said, he probably could've offered us a bit of dig. But technically...meh.

He was decent early in his career, Rat in mi kitchen etc but moved away from Reggae to a watered down pop version and their cover stuff was successful but horrendous.

Aswad were probably better

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Jack Hendry let go by Celtic helping Oostende to a massive profit. Some quoting fee at €10million

Hahahahaha, and they’re so well off at CH too 😆😂

Pasquale for King

I hope Palace ate relegated after signing that diving ******* with the huge heid from Celtic, Southampton too. 

heartsfc_fan
49 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

barker released by Sevco. Could do a job.

Will probably end up at Hibs or something

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

Nisbit missing for Scotland until Saturday.       

:Aye:Arm injury.

Possible move I wonder. 

Celtic Bound.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I hope Palace ate relegated after signing that diving ******* with the huge heid from Celtic, Southampton too. 

I’m just glad West Ham never signed him or Doig from Hibs