Dominic Cummings

ri Alban

coconut doug
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It would just be a list of her u-turns on Twitter and the media. The article already showed some which you just discarded so I feel it would be worth it really.

If it's worth it why don't you do it?

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• Governor Tarkin

• Pasquale for King

• ri Alban

coconut doug
45 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

You owe @Enzo Chiefoan apology by the way.

Also, its pretty concerning you can’t explain what you actually mean. It makes discussion difficult tbqhwy.

Whilst, I see your still frantically googling and making an arse of yourself.  It was 94% of bonds were unsold not so long ago. The BofE is the lender of last resort off course it would buy unsold bonds, those bonds will be traded down the line. Thats how it works🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m not indulging in insults, I’m stating a fact. Unlike you who is making shit up. As you’re doing again, as I never claimed your second last sentence was the silliest thing I’d ever read. I stated it was a failure to understand the most basic economic principal.

You can google the pish your googling but you cant even google the most basic economic principles:vrface:

I will give you answer once you have apologised, satisfactorily, to Enzo:verysmug:

The majority of the UKs covid stimulation package has been financed by the Bank of England buying up UK bonds that other investors did not want.

The Bank of England created new money (printing) to pay for it.

You cannot sell on items that you cannot sell in the first place. The Bank of England governor in his statement explained this to you when he said “ the purchase had been in an attempt to spread the cost of the coronavirus response across society.”  This would be in contrast to borrowing the money which would spread the cost over time. They can of course recycle the products at more favourable terms to potential investors but that too has costs.  It’s their decision. They could make the bond rate more attractive but chose not to  do so.

If you want to hide behind Enzo’s perceived umbrage that’s up to you. If you want to tell me that I know nothing and yet fail to engage with the detail then that again is your prerogative. Making comments about my inability to express myself clearly is justified but you shouldn’t imagine that your posts don’t fall short at times too. We can all take everything that’s said in a literal sense but that normally detracts from any debate. There is nothing wrong in googling to support your view and to help explain it to others.

Please do not imagine that I consider your reluctance to reply to my post as being anything other than an attempt to avoid having to admit that the Covid package is largely financed by quantitative easing.

6 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

If it's worth it why don't you do it?

See edit. 

Do you dispute what was in the article? I took it at face value and they'd used her tweets. If it's wrong and she didn't u-turn then let us all know why it's wrong 

4 hours ago, Cade said:

AZ vaccine is only 60% effective against the Indian variant.

That's worrying. Complacency cannot be allowed to take root.

3 hours ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Media headlines rarely reflect the nuance behind the science.

3 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

It's also only 66% effective at stopping symptomatic infection of the Kent variant.

However it is close to 100% effective at stopping severe symptoms (hospitalisation/ICU/death) after 2 doses - hopefully this will also be the case with the Indian one.

In general media highlights the effectiveness of vaccines stopping people getting Covid.

But not the % effectiveness in stopping death or serious illness. That figure is nearly 100%. 

19 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Disappointed to hear, hopefully brighter tomorrow.👍

Aye , fingers crossed. Cheers 👍🏻

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, sadj said:

I was fine yesterday feel like iv got the flu today though and a sore head. 

Get it up ye ya big ****. :jj:

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, coconut doug said:

Scotland doesn't have a debt unless we agree to having one after indy. I genuinely do not know where you get his notion from.

We won't have a debt if we don't vote for Independence.  I'm glad we agree. I'm assuming you're not talking about defaulting on debt?? That would go down well with the markets🙄

Enzo Chiefo
43 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Agreed.

P.S. were you up by Firrhill filling up a gas guzzling Chelsea tractor earlier today? Difficult to tell who's who with those **stard face coverings on. 🤷‍♂️

Yes, I was indeed Guv. Good to see you. It's definitely the gas guzzling tractor stop of choice.👍 

Space Mackerel
17 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

We won't have a debt if we don't vote for Independence.  I'm glad we agree. I'm assuming you're not talking about defaulting on debt?? That would go down well with the markets🙄

Just about every country in the whole ****ing world runs a deficit. Because that’s how they grow their economies. 

Enzo Chiefo
2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Aye cause that forthright and trustworthy guy Dominic told us so :rofl:

Funny how the blinkered Nats now hang on every word Cummings says. Rewind to the Rose Garden presser and he was lambasted on here. Nationalism is such a bitter & twisted ideology that all common sense, principle and logic goes out the window. 

Enzo Chiefo
3 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Just about every country in the whole ****ing world runs a deficit. Because that’s how they grow their economies. 

Space Cadet, I don't think economics is your strong suit tbh. It's the level of deficit that's the issue , in our case one of, if not the highest in the developed world. Stick to "Bairns not Bombs" stickers and Braveheart re-runs.

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Nationalism is such a bitter & twisted ideology that all common sense, principle and logic goes out the window. 

Fanatical weirdos 

Governor Tarkin
23 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, I was indeed Guv. Good to see you. It's definitely the gas guzzling tractor stop of choice.👍 

It is indeed.

The top half of your face is looking well, Enzo. Windswept and handsome as ever. 👍

I'd have stopped for a chat but had some urgent appointments in rural Perthshire. It turned out a lovely afternoon for some Tory property speculation. 

Space Mackerel
44 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Space Cadet, I don't think economics is your strong suit tbh. It's the level of deficit that's the issue , in our case one of, if not the highest in the developed world. Stick to "Bairns not Bombs" stickers and Braveheart re-runs.

A few hours ago you thought the BoE had propped up the £300 billion of UK gov spend due to the Coronavirus with “cold hard cash” 

:rofl:

Space Mackerel
46 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

AND, you thought the Scottish Government spends £15 billion more than it raises. 

This is demonstrably A LOAD OF PISH! 

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Funny how the blinkered Nats now hang on every word Cummings says. Rewind to the Rose Garden presser and he was lambasted on here. Nationalism is such a bitter & twisted ideology that all common sense, principle and logic goes out the window. 

Well, we agree on something today, Enzo.

Cummings is an odious wee rat. A lying rat ? He has form, that’s why his rant will fail.

Nationalism ? Spot on, in all it’s forms. Flag waving nutters !

Governor Tarkin
19 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

AND, you thought the Scottish Government spends £15 billion more than it raises. 

This is demonstrably A LOAD OF PISH! 

Enzo has a point though, spacey. You're no exactly Johnny Ball when it comes to thinking of numbers. :(

Popped in for a wee look at this thread, no surprise to find out the usual cabal having a wee circle jerk just like the Coronavirus thread.

Space Mackerel
12 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Enzo has a point though, spacey. You're no exactly Johnny Ball when it comes to thinking of numbers. :(

Enzo doesn’t even know what constitutes UK budget spending and Scottish gov. 

Enzo Chiefo
51 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

A few hours ago you thought the BoE had propped up the £300 billion of UK gov spend due to the Coronavirus with “cold hard cash” 

:rofl:

I was arguing the exact opposite. Perhaps you should read it again. Your fellow Nat thought the BOE had printing presses on the go.🙄

Enzo Chiefo
11 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Enzo doesn’t even know what constitutes UK budget spending and Scottish gov. 

You don't like it when the economic truths shatter the Nationalist lies and half truths do you?

Jeffros Furios

The critical thinkers are on form today 😀

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It is indeed.

The top half of your face is looking well, Enzo. Windswept and handsome as ever. 👍

I'd have stopped for a chat but had some urgent appointments in rural Perthshire. It turned out a lovely afternoon for some Tory property speculation. 

😂😂. Cheers. You too, Guv👍

Hope all went well in rural Perthshire. I trust you have a team of lawyers already working on the tax avoidance strategy.👍

He even had a go at Sturgeon!

Nicola Sturgeon undermined the UK’s four-nations approach to tackling the coronavirus crisis by “babbling” about high-level meetings, Dominic Cummings has claimed.

Boris Johnson’s former senior adviser accused the first minister of undermining meetings of Cobra, the disasters committee, by announcing the outcome of discussions at media briefings.

Sturgeon held her televised briefings daily at 12.15pm during the pandemic, so they were often directly after a UK-wide crisis meeting.

Cummings told the Westminster science and technology committee and health and social care committee that the online Cobra meetings became shams because other participants feared what Sturgeon would say on TV. This resulted in decisions not being made because of distrust, he added.

“The last Cobra meeting I can even remember downstairs in the Cobra room was essentially a Potemkin [fake] meeting because it was with the DAs [devolved administrations] and what happened was, as soon as we had these meetings, Nicola Sturgeon would just go straight out and announce what she wanted,” Cummings said.

“So you had these completely Potemkin meetings without anyone actually digging into the reality in detail, because everybody thought, as soon as the meeting is finished, everyone’s going to just pop up on TV and start babbling.”

UK ministers attacked Sturgeon last March after she used a briefing to convey “some announcements out of the Cobra meeting that has just concluded”, including advice from experts not to immediately close schools, universities and nurseries. She said at that time that public gatherings of over 500 people would be banned north of the border, just two weeks before the first nationwide lockdown was jointly announced by her and the prime minister.

A spokesman for Sturgeon said: “If even half of the shambolic picture Dominic Cummings has painted of the Tories’ chaotic response to the pandemic is true, then it proves the first minister was absolutely right to take the initiative to help keep people safe.”

manaliveits105

So she breached Cobra protocol and it was the Toooooooaries fault !

the only krankie response to everything

Governor Tarkin
13 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I trust you have a team of lawyers already working on the tax avoidance strategy.👍

The finest minds, Enzo. 👍

Governor Tarkin
15 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Holiday home/rental?

Indeed.

May need to cash in on an existing asset to move things along, but the tax at both ends of the deal is punitive and off putting.

The high rolling investors can absorb (or avoid) this, but it makes things difficult for the average member of the aspirational class. 

The Mighty Thor
5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

As some of us noted 

BA93AAB6-A8DA-4233-AB4C-C3CDD8C5B1EA.jpeg

The government of the Scottish people keeping the Scottish people informed during a rapidly changing public health emergency? 

That's shocking behaviour. 

Sure I read on here yesterday that Sturgeon should be getting a life sentence for NOT telling people stuff?

Seymour M Hersh
37 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The government of the Scottish people keeping the Scottish people informed during a rapidly changing public health emergency? 

Sure I read on here yesterday that Sturgeon should be getting a life sentence for NOT telling people stuff?

That's quite a spin there TMT. Even for you. 

Unknown user
2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The nerve eh?

Boris isn't her boss, she doesn't need to ask permission, as you say exactly the same people get up in arms about her not divulging what she knows.

Meanwhile Boris rarely even attended the ****ing things, but she's undermining them?

And are we saying nothing about fake meetings being set up to deliberately keep the Scottish government in the dark?

maroonlegions
5 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The finest minds, Enzo. 👍

Spare a thought for all those NHS nurses that have been denied a well EARNED pay rise when your finest minds ROB the public purse mate. Not even hiding it anymore. 

Tax avoidance by companies like Amazon  and the amount of UK tax they shied out of could have funded the NHS, schools and helped with the shortage of housing.

Tories eh, Selfservatives to the core.

Corbyn was coming after the tax avoidance crooks eh..

maroonlegions
10 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

So she breached Cobra protocol and it was the Toooooooaries fault !

the only krankie response to everything

Well Bojo, his dad and Cummings were well ahead of her....

Those that cast the first stone and all that..

maroonlegions
5 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Spare a thought for all those NHS nurses that have been denied a well EARNED pay rise when your finest minds ROB the public purse mate. Not even hiding it anymore. 

Tax avoidance by companies like Amazon  and the amount of UK tax they shied out of could have funded the NHS, schools and helped with the shortage of housing.

Edited by maroonlegions

The Mighty Thor
5 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

That's quite a spin there TMT. Even for you. 

To a point 😎

I quite liked the fact that Sturgeon was making sure the gist of the discussions and decisions (or as it turns out, lack of) taken were relayed to the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish people. 

It kept these sleekit *******s in Downing St on their toes. 

maroonlegions

That Geidt report ,as predicted total whitewash.

This report claims;

*Boris did not know that flat refurbish was from a Tory doner??

* Matty Handycock did not know that his SISTERS firm, which he owns 20% in won NHS contracts??

In any other walk of life , ignorance is NOT a defence or an acceptable rebuff..

Utter fecking sickening.  These reptilians are doing what the feck they like with no consequences ..   

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

I'll be too busy counting my cash to spare a thought for anyone, but your concern is touching. 👍

I'm not a company like Amazon, much as I wish I was. 🤷‍♂️

And reasonably wealthy. It's great.

:smugger:

That worked out well for him, eh. 

:pleasing:

Seymour M Hersh
36 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

To a point 😎

I quite liked the fact that Sturgeon was making sure the gist of the discussions and decisions (or as it turns out, lack of) taken were relayed to the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish people. 

It kept these sleekit *******s in Downing St on their toes. 

Well she can't really "keep them on their toes" regarding care homes considering her administration actions are possibly the worst in Europe. She's also struggling with coming over all sanctimonious about ministers or advisors not adhering to the home arrest laws and therefor cannot patronise the linesman (Ross) considering he walked from Boris's cabinet due to the non sacking of Cummings.  She is really the one needing to be kept in check.

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Well she can't really "keep them on their toes" regarding care homes considering her administration actions are possibly the worst in Europe. She's also struggling with coming over all sanctimonious about ministers or advisors not adhering to the home arrest laws and therefor cannot patronise the linesman (Ross) considering he walked from Boris's cabinet due to the non sacking of Cummings.  She is really the one needing to be kept in check.

You're conflating handling of the pandemic with the control freakery and secrecy at the heart of Johnson's sham government. 

Cummings is on about announcements from Cobra meetings and you've gone off at a tangent into your safe space of SNP bad.  

The Mighty Thor
54 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Genuinely mystifying why nothing seems to dent Johnson's and the Tory ratings in the polls in England...

I think it's something deep seated in the English psyche. 

Johnson delivered England from the tyranny of Johnny Foreigner so he gets a free pass forever more amen. 

Truly the pound-shop Churchill of our time. 

Seymour M Hersh
19 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

You're conflating handling of the pandemic with the control freakery and secrecy at the heart of Johnson's sham government. 

Cummings is on about announcements from Cobra meetings and you've gone off at a tangent into your safe space of SNP bad.  

Nice attempt at deflection there TMT. 

The Mighty Thor
18 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Nice attempt at deflection there TMT. 

None at all. 

The SG will answer for their handling of the pandemic, as has been done to death on the coronavirus/anti-maskers/shopping washers circle jerk thread. 

This one is about Cummings, his ramblings and the shitshow that is the Westminster government.

You introduced the SNP  bad stuff.  

jack D and coke
43 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I think it's something deep seated in the English psyche. 

Johnson delivered England from the tyranny of Johnny Foreigner so he gets a free pass forever more amen. 

Truly the pound-shop Churchill of our time. 

He’s a ****ing idiot. 

5BE1583D-13D0-4C6F-BAE5-7EF39F4A8DDA.jpeg