Dominic Cummings

ri Alban

Space Mackerel
1 hour ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Genuinely mystifying why nothing seems to dent Johnson's and the Tory ratings in the polls in England...

He’s taken over Nigel Farage’s Emperors new clothes. 

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• Governor Tarkin

• Pasquale for King

• ri Alban

coconut doug
On 27/05/2021 at 18:22, Taffin said:

It would just be a list of her u-turns on Twitter and the media. The article already showed some which you just discarded so I feel it wouldn't be worth it really.

I did see your edit. Presumably you now have a better understanding of how easy it can be to post something where the intention is clear but which can be taken literally to mean the opposite. A lot of people said Hibs didn't turn up for last weeks cup final but they were clearly wrong as i saw them there. 

The article is a gossip column in a Tory rag. The main premise is that Devi Sirdar misled people by claiming that the AZ vaccine offered no protection for the South African variant. According to this free access gossip column this is not the case but according to scientists it was. https://www.forbes.com/sites/williamhaseltine/2021/03/17/astrazeneca-vaccine-fails-to-protect-against-the-south-african-variant/ or you can have the BBChttps://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55967767  The BBc tells you the vaccine is being modified to deal with this problem. Do you think Devi's tweet was accurate at the time?

Heres the latest position on  https://www.bhf.org.uk/informationsupport/heart-matters-magazine/news/coronavirus-and-your-health/covid-variant#SAoxford   

Devi  updates her position stating that there are still issues as the full findings of the research are revealed she has deleted her previous tweet for obvious reasons. The Spectators response to this is to say that they wonder whether deleting erroneous statements (they were correct at the time) is conducive to good policy making. A totally inane comment in my view. 

They claim that she is wrong to suggest that Quarantine policy and implementation are inadquate because we are vulnerable to new variants. They justify this criticism on falling case rates in Scotland. That has changed significantly in the few days since this article was written though. Things change and Devi's updated things as they changed and very probably erred on the side of caution. That's what a person in her position should do. I wonder if the Spectator will update their comments given that cases are now rising.

On 27/05/2021 at 09:37, Taffin said:

She's a slaver. U-turns and contradictions left, right and centre. She would fit in well working with Westminster government too, in all honesty.

Really! I think the criticism of her is ill-founded, small-minded, malicious and politically motivated.

Seymour M Hersh
45 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

None at all. 

The SG will answer for their handling of the pandemic, as has been done to death on the coronavirus/anti-maskers/shopping washers circle jerk thread. 

This one is about Cummings, his ramblings and the shitshow that is the Westminster government.

You introduced the SNP  bad stuff.  

Sorry but when you suggested he was keeping westminster on it's toes I felt it only proper to reply that she herself was in no position to do so. 

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, weehammy said:

Not a trace of anti-Englishness there.
:cornette:

Nicola and her woke pals will be proud.

weehammy doesn’t think English Nationalism exists noo and Nigel Farage, Brexit and numerous shite about WW ****ing 2 in the media is just a dream. 😁😁😁 

21 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

I did see your edit. Presumably you now have a better understanding of how easy it can be to post something where the intention is clear but which can be taken literally to mean the opposite. A lot of people said Hibs didn't turn up for last weeks cup final but they were clearly wrong as i saw them there. 

The article is a gossip column in a Tory rag. The main premise is that Devi Sirdar misled people by claiming that the AZ vaccine offered no protection for the South African variant. According to this free access gossip column this is not the case but according to scientists it was. https://www.forbes.com/sites/williamhaseltine/2021/03/17/astrazeneca-vaccine-fails-to-protect-against-the-south-african-variant/ or you can have the BBChttps://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55967767  The BBc tells you the vaccine is being modified to deal with this problem. Do you think Devi's tweet was accurate at the time?

Heres the latest position on  https://www.bhf.org.uk/informationsupport/heart-matters-magazine/news/coronavirus-and-your-health/covid-variant#SAoxford   

Devi  updates her position stating that there are still issues as the full findings of the research are revealed she has deleted her previous tweet for obvious reasons. The Spectators response to this is to say that they wonder whether deleting erroneous statements (they were correct at the time) is conducive to good policy making. A totally inane comment in my view. 

They claim that she is wrong to suggest that Quarantine policy and implementation are inadquate because we are vulnerable to new variants. They justify this criticism on falling case rates in Scotland. That has changed significantly in the few days since this article was written though. Things change and Devi's updated things as they changed and very probably erred on the side of caution. That's what a person in her position should do. I wonder if the Spectator will update their comments given that cases are now rising.

Really! I think the criticism of her is ill-founded, small-minded, malicious and politically motivated.

I don't agree with your final paragraph, I think some criticism is absolutely fair. Some of it I agree is as you say, but you're barking up the wrong tree with me on the politically motivated front.

Anyway I'm not getting into an argument about whether someone on Twitter is right or wrong. In my opinion, she's presented a few things as fact which haven't turned out to be fact and has since changed her stance. Which is good, people should do that...like Boris changing his mind on herd immunity 👍

Enzo Chiefo
2 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Genuinely mystifying why nothing seems to dent Johnson's and the Tory ratings in the polls in England...

More mystifying why Scots still vote like sheep tbh KvC. Shuffle left from Labour to SNP. Where's the aspiration?

Enzo Chiefo
4 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'll be too busy counting my cash to spare a thought for anyone, but your concern is touching. 👍

I'm not a company like Amazon, much as I wish I was. 🤷‍♂️

And reasonably wealthy. It's great.

:smugger:

That worked out well for him, eh. 

:pleasing:

It's the aspirational class that will drive the country forward, Guv. Keep up the good work👍

15 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

More mystifying why Scots still vote like sheep tbh KvC. Shuffle left from Labour to SNP. Where's the aspiration?

How do those in poverty "aspire" to anything when the tories destroy public services, enforce austerity and hostile DWP regimes on them and see the top 1000 in this country cream off another 480 billion since 2009 whilst those in need end up starving and down the foodbanks?

Tell me why they would be more aspirational, in your view, if they voted tory? 

Enzo Chiefo
11 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

How do those in poverty "aspire" to anything when the tories destroy public services, enforce austerity and hostile DWP regimes on them and see the top 1000 in this country cream off another 480 billion since 2009 whilst those in need end up starving and down the foodbanks?

Tell me why they would be more aspirational, in your view, if they voted tory? 

Aspiration comes from within. That's the point. It's not always about what can the govt/DWP etc do for me. It's about "what can I do for myself and my family?". You do realise that the top 1% of earners contribute around 20% of the entire tax take?

Unknown user
13 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Aspiration comes from within. That's the point. It's not always about what can the govt/DWP etc do for me. It's about "what can I do for myself and my family?". You do realise that the top 1% of earners contribute around 20% of the entire tax take?

There's a finite amount of money, a finite amount of jobs, a finite amount of opportunities.

Not everyone can be upwardly mobile, and those who are, are being replaced by those they're overtaking.

A mate of mine got exasperated with me one night and said something along the lines of "well you tell me why everyone can't be in the top 10%"

There are x amount of people in the bottom 10% and life in the bottom 10% is generally awful. This can't be changed by aspiration.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Is aspiration just voting tory? Not that I haven’t voted them before. Do we have to cow tow to what most of England votes to be aspirational? If you vote SNP you aren’t?

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I asked why voting tory would help them realise their aspirations. Pulling oneself up by one's bootstraps and trickle-down economics is bullshit, everyone knows this including tories.

I'd love to know how, voting tory, would help these folk get out of the crab bucket more readily than voting anyone else. 

A Boy Named Crow
7 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

The lack of opposition combined with the English need to have a toff in charge I’d imagine. 

A very strange country. 

I lived and worked in England for nine years,  I'd hesitate to lump them all into one group and say "All the English are...whatever". There is a disturbingly large cohort of folk, in the south east especially,  who genuinely hold views like some of the trolls on here would pretend to believe. For them the Thatcher years were overwhelmingly positive, they don't have the "evil tories" mindset.

Why can't they see Boris for we what he is? My only explanation is years of believing any Tory is better than the Labour alternative. 

Why does anybody in the north of England vote Tory? Inexplicable!

8 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Because that's what Brits all are. They don't need to hide it anymore. And Scots will rid ourselves of it, very soon. And the followers born here will be gone on their own accord or by force if necessary. We can't have these types here post independence. The Hitler young team can go to where they think is their Motherland, England. 

And hopefully it gets televised when Brits of the North of the North get told to bolt by their overlords, or kept as pets. 

Edited by ri Alban

Governor Tarkin
23 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Nevemind the luck you need for things to work in your favour. 

You can make your own luck to a certain extent, but a hearty dose of good fortune never goes amiss.

Konrad von Carstein
8 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

More mystifying than why a serial imcompetent proven liar remains popular in England?

Away and poop! :)

Seems we now have the fascist regime, The Sex Pistols were telling us about. 

Hopefully it comes back to bite the British population in the arse. 

10 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

None at all. 

The SG will answer for their handling of the pandemic, as has been done to death on the coronavirus/anti-maskers/shopping washers circle jerk thread. 

This one is about Cummings, his ramblings and the shitshow that is the Westminster government.

You introduced the SNP  bad stuff.  

Good Post but sadly will be ignored by the flat earthers. 

Enzo Chiefo

More mystifying than why a serial imcompetent proven liar remains popular in England?

Away and poop! :)

Yes, more mystifying...much more. People in Hartlepool were quite clearly interested in a partg and a person who gets things done. The Tory mayor had delivered big time, levelling up is taking place, Revenue jobs are coming to Darlington...and Glasgow incidentally...the govt have invested in Hartlepool airport.  And Brexit was delivered. Millions of people voted in a referendum for that outcome and every other party did everything they could to stand in his way and defy the biggest democratic mandate the country has seen. That's why they voted for Johnson. Most folks have had enough of "woke" politicians tip-toeing around language and adopting every fad to appease noisy, fashionable minority pressure grouos. Character assassinations, digging up comments from the past...most folk don't give a shit about that. 

Why folk vote SNP with such a woeful track record on health, education, policing and much more is, truly mystifying. Stick that in your pipe..👍

10 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

For context can you let us know what %age of earned income the top 1% make, is it too simple to say around 20%?

33 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, more mystifying...much more. People in Hartlepool were quite clearly interested in a partg and a person who gets things done. The Tory mayor had delivered big time, levelling up is taking place, Revenue jobs are coming to Darlington...and Glasgow incidentally...the govt have invested in Hartlepool airport.  And Brexit was delivered. Millions of people voted in a referendum for that outcome and every other party did everything they could to stand in his way and defy the biggest democratic mandate the country has seen. That's why they voted for Johnson. Most folks have had enough of "woke" politicians tip-toeing around language and adopting every fad to appease noisy, fashionable minority pressure grouos. Character assassinations, digging up comments from the past...most folk don't give a shit about that. 

Why folk vote SNP with such a woeful track record on health, education, policing and much more is, truly mystifying. Stick that in your pipe..👍

It was real democracy at work the labour heartlands voting for the conservatives. 

maroonlegions
34 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Look at the NHS in England , its deliberately underfunded. 

Quick question here on Matty Handycock. 

Who was REALLY busy saving lives.Like he claims he was.

The defence of such a reptile says a lot about the character of those defending or spinning his defence. 

Handcock who paid £81,932 , with no health care experience  and manages to  finds the TIME to jog and appear on every TV ??  Or the shattered , underpaid front line nurse who works unimaginable long hours while trying to die or break down. And for some  of them who have to visit fecking food banks. 

maroonlegions
Just now, Lord BJ said:

Its a couple of year old but this article, gives you the answer to your question if I have read it right.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/comment/article-7357395/Who-1-Britain-one-them.html

The top 1% rake in 12% taxable income but pay 27% of income tax. Obviously, if your are the richer end of society you will have other taxes to pay such as Capital Gains and the likes over and above. 

And still be able to hand Dido Harding billions in PPI contracts. Come on, the public are getting conned and robbed blind ..

3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Its a couple of year old but this article, gives you the answer to your question if I have read it right.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/comment/article-7357395/Who-1-Britain-one-them.html

The top 1% rake in 12% taxable income but pay 27% of income tax. Obviously, if your are the richer end of society you will have other taxes to pay such as Capital Gains and the likes over and above. 

I was just about to post the same. 👍

Plenty of anomalies in there too, like an employee earning £200k would pay £13k more tax than a company owner earning £200k. No wonder people value accountants.

maroonlegions
51 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

192504218_10161054110542228_2568225113623565204_n.jpg

2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Not sure what’ that got to do with my post and doubt you do either.

I answered a question from a poster and your now ranting about Dildo Hardon in an incoherent manner🤷🏻‍♂️

We need more posts in an incoherent manner, imo. 

Jeffros Furios
15 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Look at the NHS in England , its deliberately underfunded. 

Quick question here on Matty Handycock. 

Who was REALLY busy saving lives.Like he claims he was.

The defence of such a reptile says a lot about the character of those defending or spinning his defence. 

Handcock who paid £81,932 , with no health care experience  and manages to  finds the TIME to jog and appear on every TV ??  Or the shattered , underpaid front line nurse who works unimaginable long hours while trying to die or break down. And for some  of them who have to visit fecking food banks. 

Hancock out dogging  ? Good man  ! 

3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Ohh **** aye a good accountant and financial advice makes a huge difference. 

I’ll be honest when I look at these things and think straight income is a simplistic way to look at it. Top 10% is 50k, that not in the remotest an outrageous salary, wealth is much than income I guess.

I would think that there won't be many in the top 1% earned income bracket who are also in the top 1% wealth bracket. Also noted that only 63% of the top 1% income is actually salary the rest is dividends, pensions etc, that 63% drops the higher they earn.

Sorry for taking the thread off topic.

9 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I’ve been contributing my share for years 👍

As have we all. :D

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

192504218_10161054110542228_2568225113623565204_n.jpg

If you have any of these things listed above then your earning capacity is punching well above your intellect.

Konrad von Carstein
10 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

A lot of the above is opinion presented as fact IMO...

Examples of levelling up taking place in Scotland please.

Would this levelling up include the funding for those communities that will be adversly affected by Brexit which miraculously found it's way to leafy suburban areas with sitting Toary ( :) )MPs?

Are the 60 (wow) jobs for Glasgow new jobs or transfers to a new city?

Brexit is an ongoing trial...despite it having "been done".

The Brexit vote was close enough that should have given pause for thought and certainly should have ruled out anything like the hard Brexit Johnson and the ERG wanted and have more or less got.

Character assassinations? Johnson tried to have a journo beaten up...he's a serial liar and feckless incompetent and should be sat beside me rather than "running" the UK.

Scottish NHS is, or was, pre Covid performing favourably when compared to rUK.

:pimp2:

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

Enzo Chiefo

A lot of the above is opinion presented as fact IMO...

Examples of levelling up taking place in Scotland please.

Would this levelling up include the funding for those communities that will be adversly affected by Brexit which miraculously found it's way to leafy suburban areas with sitting Toary ( :) )MPs?

Are the 60 (wow) jobs for Glasgow new jobs or transfers to a new city?

Brexit is an ongoing trial...despite it having "been done".

The Brexit vote was close enough that should have given pause for thought and certainly should have ruled out anything like the hard Brexit Johnson and the ERG wanted and have more or less got.

Character assassinations? Johnson tried to have a journo beaten up...he's a serial liar and feckless incompetent and should be sat beside me rather than "running" the UK.

Scottish NHS is, or was, pre Covid performing favourably when compared to rUK.

:pimp2:

A lot of regurgitated myths in there kvc. The sort of thing that allows Sturgeon to present herself as being in govt and in opposition simultaneously.  Just in case you had forgotten, the SNP have control of all the main devolved competencies within their suite of powers. So, any issues of relative poverty, NHS, education,  crime etc can be solved by them. However, Scotland suffers from an intelligence and competency gap when it comes to politics.  Freeman, Constance, Joe Fitzpatrick and other illiterates wouldn’t last 5 mins in WM yet hold down ministerial posts in Scotland.  

Levelling up is a reserved matter, if Sturgeon wants to follow Johnson's lead in Scotland, she has the power to do so. Picking up the phone for advice from Boris is probably "beneath her", I would imagine.

If you think Brexit is bad, you really haven't been paying attention to the economic, social and cultural affects that ripping up the UK would detonate on the Scottish people.  

I don't really think, given the circumstances of the deaths of several children, due to the contaminated water at the QE hospital in Glasgow, or the horrendous delays in opening the new Sick Kids in EH that the NHS in Scotland is something to brag about tbh. 

Enzo Chiefo
20 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Point scoring over dead children. Classy. 

Or pointing out failings. Trying to sweep tragedies like those under the carpet, to avoid accountability, is truly despicable.

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

You weren’t pointing out failings. You were hanging on Sarwar’s coat tails. You’ve never mentioned this issue until Sarwar 

mentioned it the other day. 

That’s point scoring because it suits your overall agenda. 

I was responding to a point about the NHS in Scotland allegedly being better than in rUK. Hardly point scoring.  You don't like the truth but the suffering of those families is more important than uncaring Nationalist ideology.  Congratulations to Anas Sarwar for holding our despicable FM to account.

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

You weren’t really. You were point scoring in a distasteful manner. 

Your despicable response sums up the Nationalist belief that the ideology trumps the human cost. A means to an end right enough. You can't even bring yourself to acknowledge the criminal failings of our NHS. 

I see "despicable" is the word of choice. 

Also, interesting that "don't like the truth" is chucked about - because when you point out that Scotland is doing better than England on metrics across NHS, policing numbers, nurse salaries etc etc they do not want to hear it. 

Konrad von Carstein
8 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

A lot of regurgitated myths in there kvc. The sort of thing that allows Sturgeon to present herself as being in govt and in opposition simultaneously.  Just in case you had forgotten, the SNP have control of all the main devolved competencies within their suite of powers. So, any issues of relative poverty, NHS, education,  crime etc can be solved by them. However, Scotland suffers from an intelligence and competency gap when it comes to politics.  Freeman, Constance, Joe Fitzpatrick and other illiterates wouldn’t last 5 mins in WM yet hold down ministerial posts in Scotland.  

Levelling up is a reserved matter, if Sturgeon wants to follow Johnson's lead in Scotland, she has the power to do so. Picking up the phone for advice from Boris is probably "beneath her", I would imagine.

If you think Brexit is bad, you really haven't been paying attention to the economic, social and cultural affects that ripping up the UK would detonate on the Scottish people.  

I don't really think, given the circumstances of the deaths of several children, due to the contaminated water at the QE hospital in Glasgow, or the horrendous delays in opening the new Sick Kids in EH that the NHS in Scotland is something to brag about tbh. 

That last paragraph? How dare you accuse me of "bragging" about NHS performance and then bringing the deaths of children into what was until then a resonable discussion.

Enzo Chiefo
7 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

That last paragraph? How dare you accuse me of "bragging" about NHS performance and then bringing the deaths of children into what was until then a resonable discussion.

If you want to bring up the NHS to make political points then don't be surprised when it's performance is discussed.  In Scotland,  the SNP always want to discuss process but very rarely outcomes. 

If the truth about NHS Scotland,   including the tragic deaths of children,  is unpalatable, then best not raise the issue. 

Governor Tarkin
7 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

😂 and you wonder why your kind are in the minority 😂

What, black people?

Konrad von Carstein
44 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

If you want to bring up the NHS to make political points then don't be surprised when it's performance is discussed.  In Scotland,  the SNP always want to discuss process but very rarely outcomes. 

If the truth about NHS Scotland,   including the tragic deaths of children,  is unpalatable, then best not raise the issue. 

Aye whatever, metrics show NHS Scotland were performing better when compared to rUK and for the record it was you that mentioned Scot Gov record on health initially.

I was responding to you in as civil a manner as possible but now you've decided that its acceptable to bring dead kids into the conversation to drive home your point.

Enzo Chiefo
57 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Aye whatever, metrics show NHS Scotland were performing better when compared to rUK and for the record it was you that mentioned Scot Gov record on health initially.

I was responding to you in as civil a manner as possible but now you've decided that its acceptable to bring dead kids into the conversation to drive home your point.

Unfortunately your answer just reinforces the culture of carpet sweeping that underpins Scottish politics. Unfettered power corrupts and it's credit to the likes of Anas Sarwar for highlighting real life issues and failings.  For the record,  even focussing, as Sturgeon always does, on rhetoric, the cancer waiting time guarantee, in effect a breach of the law, has been missed THOUSANDS of times. As I said earlier  the performance of the NHS in Scotland leaves a lot to be desired. 

1 hour ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

It's his way. Ignore Facts and then post utter garbage in response. What's a few dead kids compared to promoting his unionist ideals. Would be best to just leave him and his wee pals to circle jerk together. 

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, XB52 said:

It's his way. Ignore Facts and then post utter garbage in response. What's a few dead kids compared to promoting his unionist ideals. Would be best to just leave him and his wee pals to circle jerk together. 

To be fair, XB, there's probably a maximum of around half a dozen noisy tories/unionists on this board, mostly engaged in a spot of blatant wummery. If there's any circle jerking going on it's by the hoard of gloating nationalists. They won't see it that way, though. Nobody likes to cast a critical eye over themselves.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, XB52 said:

:spoton:

Enzo Chiefo
9 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Again, the truth hurts and in the eyes of Nationalists that can't be. So you burn the books, close down debate, anything to stop the facts. It's a means to an end. Nothing is more important than the cause. Why did you not do something? . That's what future generations will ask. Also a bit rich from you considering you and your fellow fanatics have politicised 128k Covid deaths day after day.

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Faux outrage on the go this morning😂

Certainly the one thing the Nats excel at. :lol:

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

You or me?

You today.

Me tomorrow.

coconut doug
On 27/05/2021 at 07:32, Enzo Chiefo said:

Scotland would not have had access to such large amounts of borrowed money. No credit history nor central bank, any money borrowed would be at a far higher interest rate too.

On 27/05/2021 at 10:20, Enzo Chiefo said:

You do realise that we don't just "print money"?? The Bank of England is one of many lenders who have bought government bonds, the "quantitative easing" that you are referring to. We also borrowed from other institutions and countries to fund the huge, unprecedented furlough scheme 

The UK is dealing with the financial difficulties caused by the pandemic by “printing money”. This term means exactly the same as quantitative easing. Don’t take my word for it though have a look at this explainer from the Bank of England. 36 seconds and you will see that the B of E creates new money digitally. 

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/monetary-policy/quantitative-easing 

You didn’t really think that in these times the phrase “printing money” meant knocking out millions of bank notes, did you?  You could just make one for the value of say £250bn and that would have the same effect but we are more sophisticated nowadays. I think you did though and that’s why you said  Your fellow Nat thought the BOE had printing presses on the go” in response to SM. And also because you said You do realise that we don't just "print money"?? The Bank of England is one of many lenders who have bought government bonds, the "quantitative easing" that you are referring to. You think QE and printing money are not the same thing. They are. You are telling us that buying bonds is QE when it is done by institutions in the private sector. It's not and if you think it is you are even more confused than i thought. 

In February the institute for government said https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/explainers/coronavirus-bank-england-first-lockdown  As the economic impacts of coronavirus became apparent, conditions in the UK government bond market deteriorated. In response, the BoE Monetary Policy Committee voted unanimously to extend the Asset Purchase Facility (APF) – through which the BoE holds UK government and corporate bonds – by £200 billion, taking it to a total of £645bn. This was funded by printing money.”

On the one side the B of E and the institute for government on the other Enzo. This amongst other points is why I said your post was utter rubbish. That and your notion that we have borrowed on the market at fantastic rates and borrowed from other countries. We have not done this to any substantial degree. We do not in the UK have access to large volumes of cheap money that's why we have indulged in such huge levels of QE.

Are you able to substantiate your claim that we borrowed from other countries?