Dominic Cummings

ri Alban

Footballfirst
48 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

It would be more accurate to suggest that he will squander opportunities to hold a daily press conference through till the next PMQs to attack the PM and members of the cabinet for cronyism/corruption.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• Governor Tarkin

• Pasquale for King

• ri Alban

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

If anyone would know Laura would know. 

She's got a mainline into this tinpot regime. 

I P Knightley
Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

127,000 and counting. 

I wouldn't want a public inquiry anytime soon either.

That's 127,000 with or having had the virus. It doesn't count those who have lost their lives as a consequence of the actions taken by the government since the virus was identified or have suffered severe mental health issues.

A couple of good answers towards the end of the session:

In response to a suggestion that he may be angling for a job in a Sunak administration (having sucked up to Sunak a fair bit today), Cummings said nobody, from his wife to the whole of Westminster, would want him near the place ever again.

Then he was asked whether Johnson is a fit and proper person to lead the country through the pandemic. "No". No hesitation or elaboration. The news on BBC radio have led with that one.

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

That's 127,000 with or having had the virus. It doesn't count those who have lost their lives as a consequence of the actions taken by the government since the virus was identified or have suffered severe mental health issues.

A couple of good answers towards the end of the session:

In response to a suggestion that he may be angling for a job in a Sunak administration (having sucked up to Sunak a fair bit today), Cummings said nobody, from his wife to the whole of Westminster, would want him near the place ever again.

Then he was asked whether Johnson is a fit and proper person to lead the country through the pandemic. "No". No hesitation or elaboration. The news on BBC radio have led with that one.

Is Johnson a fit and proper person full stop?

There's a queue of former wives, mistresses, business partners, employers etc who would probably agree with Dominic Cummings on that. 

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

127,000 and counting. 

There's also an inquiry being conducted in Scotland just now by the PF's office concerning untested patients being punted into care homes by the SG.

Hopefully some criminal convictions come about 

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I read the article you mention and i think it was the Times. All based around modelling. None of which factored in human behaviours or mutations to the virus. 

It depends on how you view the lockdowns and how you examine the role that the very poor decision making of the government had in facilitating a situation where lockdowns were required, such as not closing the borders to this island or the 'free pass' at Christmas which ultimately killed 40,000. The real outlier to the models is those in the decision making process who don't have the intelligence to be making the decisions and as we're hearing from the Geppetto to Johnson's Pinocchio, the man at the top ain't got the smarts.

Yes, I agree, it is all based around modelling.  However, the response to the entire pandemic has been based around modelling , with little regard for human behaviour. Of course mistakes have been made, by both govts, but a lot of it has emanated from lack of preparedness. Something that previous govts have also been responsible for. Where is the evidence that Christmas meetings were responsible for 40k deaths?? Cases were increasing before then and hospitals are under pressure every winter from respiratory viruses. The Govts realised that people would meet anyway so individuals have a degree of responsibility too. Let's not pretend that certain elements of society have not been meeting each other in their houses throughout the entirety of the pandemic. Those who were shielding have now been shown to have been MORE at risk than others because they had to attend hospital appointments,  where a huge percentage of infections could be traced to. Better infection prevention practices in hospitals would also have saved thousands of lives. Using dedicated "fever" hospitals, likewise. Where does the blame game start and finish? Do we "pin" a number of deaths to anyone who made a decision at any point? Or is it just Johnson?

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

There's also an inquiry being conducted in Scotland just now by the PF's office concerning untested patients being punted into care homes by the SG.

Deaths by individual care homes and hospitals

8 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Man come on to **** Nucky , the defence of BJ is look at Scotland? 

Nucky Thompson
Just now, sadj said:

Man come on to **** Nucky , the defence of BJ is look at Scotland? 

Not at all sadj. People are conveniently lumping the whole UK deaths at BJ's door.

I'm only pointing out that the SG didn't exactly cover themselves in glory.

It's a year tomorrow since I lost my mum in a care home under Sturgeon's watch.

Paddy Crossan
38 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Defend him they will.

Cummings is a bawbag but I actually believe the majority of what he's saying particularly as he's up to his nutsack in the shit decisions made.

It won't put a dent in the popularity of Johnson though, which is as damning a statement of the people of these islands as you'll ever read. 

The Scottish people people have sussed him out, the English have not. If there was a fairer voting system in Westminster it would help matters

coconut doug
46 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I take it you believe everything Cummings has said?

He's contradicting himself all over the place :biggrin2:

I can't see Bojo's popularity with the British public taking a hit at all

SectionDJambo

Unfortunately, supposing Johnson was caught saying things, doing things, telling lies or acting illegally, on video or recording, it wouldn’t matter to the vast majority of current Conservative voters. He’s the guy who got Brexit done for them and sent Johnny Foreigner packing to secure our borders again from the hordes of undesirables trying to sneak in.

They just don’t care. This country has become as corrupt as any on the planet and it’s just dandy.

31 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

What is? The suppression? Not that interesting tbh. It's one that was propagated by SAGE themselves. There were graphs in The Times iirc, a couple of days ago, detailing that very theory. A slighter higher 1st wave and then a flattening out just at the time the actual 2nd wave peaked. I mean, that's what normally happens with is it not?. The oft repeated fear about the NHS being "overwhelmed ". - how many times have we heard that now - was why we locked down. But lockdown is the outlier, it's not exactly a scientific response , it's a result of not knowing what to do.

We've got on the one extreme bodies floating down the River Ganges, on the other 47,000 fans regularly filling New Zealand stadiums.

Don't give me your bullshit that lockdowns don't work. Instead, maybe ask yourself why OURS didn't work - then direct your blame back to the blond buffoon you seem so desperate to absolve of all blame. 

And, before you for the umpteenth time go on about the "costs" of lockdown - that's on him too. Ff we had done the job properly the costs - unquantified at the current time - would have been far, far less. 

5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Not at all sadj. People are conveniently lumping the whole UK deaths at BJ's door.

I'm only pointing out that the SG didn't exactly cover themselves in glory.

It's a year tomorrow since I lost my mum in a care home under Sturgeon's watch.

Fair enough Nucky , i dont think anyone is saying its all on BJ though , i think the general structure of the approach began with BJ and the UK government and the bullshit thats happened since is on him in England and he has to take a degree of blame for border policies etc.

The SG that will come out in the wash. Hancock and BJ were eviscerated by DC today. 

Sorry to hear that about your mum ❤️    

Auld Reekin'
1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

Unfortunately, supposing Johnson was caught saying things, doing things, telling lies or acting illegally, on video or recording, it wouldn’t matter to the vast majority of current Conservative voters. He’s the guy who got Brexit done for them and sent Johnny Foreigner packing to secure our borders again from the hordes of undesirables trying to sneak in.

They just don’t care. This country has become as corrupt as any on the planet and it’s just dandy.

It was the same with Trump. The Republican Party and many of their supporters absolutely recognised what a lying, sleazy, corrupt, shitebag DT was but held their noses and backed him anyway. Better to be in power than not, no matter what the cost, right?   :huh2: :ermm: :facepalm:

22 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Deaths by individual care homes and hospitals

What are your thoughts on Cummings saying that England piled covid patients back into care homes after Hancock lied about them being tested first?

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

What are your thoughts on Cummings saying that England piled covid patients back into care homes after Hancock lied about them being tested first?

Hancock is a tosser and should have been emptied out ages ago.  However, it may take further revelations about PPE procurement to seal his fate e.g. via the "Good Law Project" judicial reviews into the "cronyvirus" epidemic in Whitehall. 

The SG will be facing the same accusations re untested patients returning to care homes, come the public inquiry here. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Apparently the theory is that acceptance of his various traits of dishonesty,  corruption and general uselessness are part and parcel of him.  "Baked in" as part of the pie.

No idea when he'll produce anything of value to offset the useless ***** that he is.

I don’t think he ever will, quite embarrassing that folk vote for him and still rate him despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Hancock is a tosser and should have been emptied out ages ago.  However, it may take further revelations about PPE procurement to seal his fate e.g. via the "Good Law Project" judicial reviews into the "cronyvirus" epidemic in Whitehall. 

The SG will be facing the same accusations re untested patients returning to care homes, come the public inquiry here. 

Court case currently being heard, Every Doctor have something planned for tonight in London. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

He can be prosecuted if he lied today, he admitted his own part in this total **** up that cost thousands their lives, yet you think it’s funny somehow and still back BJ? 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Brits are simpletons, so you might be right. 

He certainly is

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, weehammy said:

‘the blood of thousands on his hands’

Not a trace of hyperbole in that.
BTW, who are the ‘we’ you’re referring to?

Anyone that isn’t as stupid as unionists like yourself. 

I P Knightley
55 minutes ago, Boab said:

Didn’t take long.

BBC radio now leading with the Barnard Castle debacle and his apology for it. The wee odious rat has certainly ruffled their feathers. Beeb have been instructed to go into full deflection mode. 
Yes, that’s right, instructed !

Deary me.

Have they also been instructed to write these two? If so, by whom?

Johnson unfit for the job of PM, says Cummings

Thousands died needlessly after mistakes, says Dominic Cummings

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Just to summarise his appearance...

Everything I did or suggested was right.

Everything everyone else did or suggested was wrong.

The lad could give some punters on a variety of threads on here a run for their money in the lack of self-awareness stakes.

He never claimed everything he did was right. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

127,000 and counting. 

Over 160k now according to the ONS. 

Pasquale for King
56 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

If anyone would know Laura would know. 

She's got a mainline into this tinpot regime. 

Johnson’s ex, one of many. 

maroonlegions
3 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Deary me.

191306198_324741589148383_6033933831936538276_n.jpg

3 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Deary me.

Leading. 
The public are morons.

Enzo Chiefo
18 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

We've got on the one extreme bodies floating down the River Ganges, on the other 47,000 fans regularly filling New Zealand stadiums.

Don't give me your bullshit that lockdowns don't work. Instead, maybe ask yourself why OURS didn't work - then direct your blame back to the blond buffoon you seem so desperate to absolve of all blame. 

And, before you for the umpteenth time go on about the "costs" of lockdown - that's on him too. Ff we had done the job properly the costs - unquantified at the current time - would have been far, far less. 

Utter nonsense and simplistic nonsense into the bargain. Comparing India to New Zealand. One with a woeful health system with numerous endemic health and demographic issues. The other quite happily ensconced in the middle of nowhere, happy to become a hermit nation. Good luck to them! Hindsight is indeed a wonderful thing.  The benefits of lockdown against the costs has yet to be proved. Pinning it all on Johnson is, with all due respect, naive in the extreme.  Were you aware he himself was in ICU at the height of the pandemic?? I'm certainly not absolving him of all blame. Like Sturgeon,  he has made many mistakes during all of this, something I've commented on several times.  

Nobody has any evidence that different decisions would have produced better results.  At least 14 countries have worse death rates than us - not that it's a competition- but we do have a world leading vaccine programme. 

Jumping on to the Dominic Cummings bandwagon, a figure of ridicule, simply to bash Johnson doesn't do you any credit.

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Racists with dreams of a bygone empire still banging on about WWII, raging about getting nil points in a joke competition. 

coconut doug
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Surely if he is  "contradicting himself all over the place" then his credibility can be questioned. Can you tell us what contradictions he has made?

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Utter nonsense and simplistic nonsense into the bargain. Comparing India to New Zealand. One with a woeful health system with numerous endemic health and demographic issues. The other quite happily ensconced in the middle of nowhere, happy to become a hermit nation. Good luck to them! Hindsight is indeed a wonderful thing.  The benefits of lockdown against the costs has yet to be proved. Pinning it all on Johnson is, with all due respect, naive in the extreme.  Were you aware he himself was in ICU at the height of the pandemic?? I'm certainly not absolving him of all blame. Like Sturgeon,  he has made many mistakes during all of this, something I've commented on several times.  

Nobody has any evidence that different decisions would have produced better results.  At least 14 countries have worse death rates than us - not that it's a competition- but we do have a world leading vaccine programme. 

Jumping on to the Dominic Cummings bandwagon, a figure of ridicule, simply to bash Johnson doesn't do you any credit.

It is an apt comparison because it displays the polar opposites.

Where did we sit in terms of set-up - a lot closer to New Zealand, I wager but we stuffed it up. Yeah, Boris was in the ICU - in part because of his blazé approach to the whole pandemic, a microcosm of his disregard and carelessness. For someone so up his own arse, he doesn't take much care of himself, does he?

As far as Dominic Cummings, I most certainly do not need this machiavellian, Eugenics freak to tell me what I need to know about Johnson. This is just Gollum sticking a spiteful knife into Jabba the Hutt - both utter shit bags, both self-absorbed, both bullies, both nowhere near as clever as they think they are.  

And, yeah, it's not naive to blame Boris for what happened in the UK - he's the ****ing PM mate, not just some local councillor. It's on him - that's part of the job (though I hear that pesky stuff like doing his job and attending Cobra meetings, for example, were beneath him during a crisis...). 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Where did we sit in terms of set-up - a lot closer to New Zealand, I wager but we stuffed it up. Yeah, Boris was in the ICU - in part because of his blazé approach to the whole pandemic, a microcosm of his disregard and carelessness. For someone so up his own arse, he doesn't take much care of himself, does he?

As far as Dominic Cummings, I most certainly do not need this machiavellian, Eugenics freak to tell me what I need to know about Johnson. This is just Gollum sticking a spiteful knife into Jabba the Hutt - both utter shit bags, both self-absorbed, both bullies, both nowhere near as clever as they think they are.  

And, yeah, it's not naive to blame Boris for what happened in the UK - he's the ****ing PM mate, not just some local councillor. It's on him - that's part of the job (though I hear that pesky stuff like doing his job and attending Cobra meetings, for example, were beneath him during a crisis...). 

Hear hear. 

HartleyLegend3
6 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Hancock getting an absolute kick in. His incompetence appears to be legendary. I would love but his incompetence has had serious consequences 

Remember when he pretended to cry on the telly. 

Enzo Chiefo

3 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

We're nothing like New Zealand, a virtually self-sufficient nation, sparsely populated in many areas, that could close it's border without anyone noticing. And guess what, every so often cases appear and back they go again into lockdown. What a way to live! The UK, with a global hub as it's capital, that relies on the import and export of goods and people could never nor should we adopt a strategy like that.

Yes, Johnson is the PM but he was also advised by scientists who, for example, deemed it unnecessary back in March 2020, to cancel Cheltenham or other sporting fixtures. If we're going down this road, let's castigate the scientists too. Not as fashionable as the Nationalists desire to bash Johnson though, is it?

8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

We're nothing like New Zealand, a virtually self-sufficient nation, sparsely populated in many areas, that could close it's border without anyone noticing. And guess what, every so often cases appear and back they go again into lockdown. What a way to live! The UK, with a global hub as it's capital, that relies on the import and export of goods and people could never nor should we adopt a strategy like that.

Yes, Johnson is the PM but he was also advised by scientists who, for example, deemed it unnecessary back in March 2020, to cancel Cheltenham or other sporting fixtures. If we're going down this road, let's castigate the scientists too. Not as fashionable as the Nationalists desire to bash Johnson though, is it?

I doubt it's just SNP voters who can find myriad, valid reasons to slate this arsehole. What's more curious is the Brit-nats reluctance to call a *****, a *****. 

15 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I agree about New Zealand but two places nearer to us, Japan and Taiwan, with the former quite a big hub, I’m sure you’ll agree, dealt with this far better than the UK, or any western country for that matter.

Some Asian countries preparedness for this pandemic is stark in terms of numbers.

The question surely has to be why ?

Some of the richest nations on earth ****ed up badly. Why ?

Could it be their governments ?

And, btw, Enzo, I wouldn’t be surprised if Dido Harding’s mucky paws weren’t all over the Cheltenham decision. 

Edited by Boab

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, Gizmo said:

I doubt it's just SNP voters who can find myriad, valid reasons to slate this arsehole. What's more curious is the Brit-nats reluctance to call a *****, a *****. 

But you agree that teflon, forgetful Sturgeon along with the scientists also made catastrophic decisions and misjudgements that "cost thousands of lives"? Or is it just Johnson?

coconut doug
4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You are using the UK figure which is supressed by Scotland's vastly superior death rate to excuse Johnson. Johnson was primarily responsible for England's response. Immediately prior to the vaccine roll out England had the highest death rate of any major country in the world. I think only San Marino was higher and they had particular reasons for that. We also had the biggest economic hit of any major country. It takes a special level of incompetence to achieve that and stratospheric levels of cult adherence to be an apologist for it. That's your evidence that different decisions would produce better results. England could even have followed the example of Scotland. Cummings was there when the decisions were made and he claimed there was near unanimity amongst all present to enforce the lockdown asap. Johnson pulled rank and overruled this so it looks like we can pin this on him. that's one of the many reasons his closest and most senior adviser stated he is not fit to be PM.

It is a competition by the way. Any sensible person would want to live in a country that was able to deal effectively with this pandemic. 

I assume that you don't accept what Cummings said about the failure to Lockdown and the differing responses he got from Johnson and the scientists.

As for your world leading vaccine. According to Cummings this was Vallance's idea and only really worked because government was bypassed and normal procedure abandoned. You are actually comparing Cummings and Johnson the ridicule scale!

Enzo Chiefo
3 minutes ago, Boab said:

I agree about New Zealand but two places nearer to us, Japan and Taiwan, with the former quite a big hub, I’m sure you’ll agree, dealt with this far better than the UK, or any western country for that matter.

Some Asian countries preparedness for this pandemic is stark in terms of numbers.

The question surely has to be why ?

Some of the richest nations on earth ****ed up badly. Why ?

Could it be their governments ?

Absolutely Boab,  I agree that most Asian countries, including Japan and Taiwan,  were far better prepared than western nations.  Having said that,  I think Japan have barely a fraction of the population vaccinated and are suffering from a resurgence of cases?? But, no, you're right, Western govts handled it far worse and were less prepared.  It's just the narrative about Johnson that I'm challenging,  when numerous European countries have worse death rates than us and are well behind our vaccine programme.  We don't really do context or balance in this country though. 

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

You are using the UK figure which is supressed by Scotland's vastly superior death rate to excuse Johnson. Johnson was primarily responsible for England's response. Immediately prior to the vaccine roll out England had the highest death rate of any major country in the world. I think only San Marino was higher and they had particular reasons for that. We also had the biggest economic hit of any major country. It takes a special level of incompetence to achieve that and stratospheric levels of cult adherence to be an apologist for it. That's your evidence that different decisions would produce better results. England could even have followed the example of Scotland. Cummings was there when the decisions were made and he claimed there was near unanimity amongst all present to enforce the lockdown asap. Johnson pulled rank and overruled this so it looks like we can pin this on him. that's one of the many reasons his closest and most senior adviser stated he is not fit to be PM.

It is a competition by the way. Any sensible person would want to live in a country that was able to deal effectively with this pandemic. 

I assume that you don't accept what Cummings said about the failure to Lockdown and the differing responses he got from Johnson and the scientists.

As for your world leading vaccine. According to Cummings this was Vallance's idea and only really worked because government was bypassed and normal procedure abandoned. You are actually comparing Cummings and Johnson the ridicule scale!

:cornette:

maroonlegions
3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

:cornette:

The number of flights from India to the UK during the Indian variant was 110.

There were no checks to see if people had corona. WHY??

Why? The Indian trade deal.:whistling:

Cant kid a kidder..🤡

191906636_3997698296933133_2537056973357644810_n.jpg

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, I agree, it is all based around modelling.  However, the response to the entire pandemic has been based around modelling , with little regard for human behaviour. Of course mistakes have been made, by both govts, but a lot of it has emanated from lack of preparedness. Something that previous govts have also been responsible for. Where is the evidence that Christmas meetings were responsible for 40k deaths?? Cases were increasing before then and hospitals are under pressure every winter from respiratory viruses. The Govts realised that people would meet anyway so individuals have a degree of responsibility too. Let's not pretend that certain elements of society have not been meeting each other in their houses throughout the entirety of the pandemic. Those who were shielding have now been shown to have been MORE at risk than others because they had to attend hospital appointments,  where a huge percentage of infections could be traced to. Better infection prevention practices in hospitals would also have saved thousands of lives. Using dedicated "fever" hospitals, likewise. Where does the blame game start and finish? Do we "pin" a number of deaths to anyone who made a decision at any point? Or is it just Johnson?

The evidence for the 40,000 deaths due to the dithering of the prime minister, who would not cancel Christmas at any cost, is the fact that 40,000 died from the Kent variant which was allowed to spread like wildfire while he wondered what 'cancelling' Christmas would do to his polling optics.

There's no pretence from me that there's a rump of selfish ****s out there who have done whatever they please during this whole thing. You just need to read the Coronavirus thread to see the type. 

We pin the deaths on the man that stood up at the dispatch box at Westminster this lunchtime and said he was responsible for all the decisions taken by his government. I agree with him and I hope that he's held to proper account for those decisions. Same goes for those at Holyrood.

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Absolutely Boab,  I agree that most Asian countries, including Japan and Taiwan,  were far better prepared than western nations.  Having said that,  I think Japan have barely a fraction of the population vaccinated and are suffering from a resurgence of cases?? But, no, you're right, Western govts handled it far worse and were less prepared.  It's just the narrative about Johnson that I'm challenging,  when numerous European countries have worse death rates than us and are well behind our vaccine programme.  We don't really do context or balance in this country though. 

I’ve no time for DC as you can probably gather but I’m honestly perplexed why people can’t see the absolute shambles that BJ presided over. I’m not saying you don’t but the fact remains that we could, and should, have came through this much better. 
In reference to Japan et al, I actually think it’s cultural. What a damning indictment.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

The number of flights from India to the UK during the Indian variant was 110.

There were no checks to see if people had corona. WHY??

Why? The Indian trade deal.:whistling:

Cant kid a kidder..🤡

191906636_3997698296933133_2537056973357644810_n.jpg

Shameful.