NHL playoffs

Jimmy McNulty

You've got the Putin Select to visit first.

Only by virtue of being in the CHL. Its nothing to get overly excited about tbh.

Think its a great that the league is getting worldwide exposure of any sort tbh.

I'd love if The Caps were in it.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gershwin

• Chester™

• JamboInSouthsea

• alwaysthereinspirit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Think its a great that the league is getting worldwide exposure of any sort tbh.

I'd love if The Caps were in it.

Only if its used properly. Unfortunately, its being used as oneupmanship, GIRFUY and all sorts to the other teams right now, which is sadly typical of UK hockey as a whole.

In other news, Rihards Grigors has re-signed for the season:

http://www.edcapitals.com/news/edinburgh-capitals-welcome-back-rihards-grigors

I'm not sure if he's going to be the 'spare' import again, though he put some of the more 'valuable' members of last year's team to shame with his work ethic and all round play. He might even have a Captain that'll pass to him when he's wide open, rather than going for the more difficult play. :rolleyes:

:callme:

Not a fan.

The shan primary logos don't help.

From what I've seen online, from both Caps and non-Caps fans, you're in a minority of one there. :lol:

From what I've seen online, from both Caps and non-Caps fans, you're in a minority of one there. :lol:

Really? :rofl:

The thing I love about traditional hockey jerseys is the clean, bold lines and blocks of colour.

The red to navy gradient on the home looks cheap and nasty to me.

Edited by Gershwin

Really? :rofl:

The thing I love about traditional hockey jerseys is the clean, bold lines and blocks of colour.

The red to navy gradient on the home looks cheap and nasty to me.

Yes, really! :lol:

They might end up looking better on for you. I think they look very decent.

What a ******* state.

Jealousy gets you nowhere chief.

The main thing is he's ramming it up the likes of Simmons. :verysmug:

Edited by Chester?

Been a lot of false dawns for the Caps since 98 but I have to say this season is looking tasty.

We'll see. Hopes are certainly higher and I'd say there's little doubt this the best team on paper we've had. It'll come down to them settling and how Khristich manages it all.

If its Ian Schultz, I might end up ripping my ****** off.

Well its wasnt Ian Schultz, but the return of fans favourite, Callum Boyd:

http://www.edcapitals.com/news/edinburgh-capitals-are-boyd-by-the-return-of-callum

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/ice-hockey/capitals/edinburgh-capitals-re-sign-forward-callum-boyd-1-4535241

Second last import for the Caps, announced in the morning.

Juris Upitis - got to be a few songs in that name.

Another guy will KHL experience - should be decent.

Edited by Gershwin

Juris Upitis - got to be a few songs in that name.

Another guy will KHL experience - should be decent.

I'm sure our merry band are already on the case there! :lol:

Here's some info:

http://www.edcapitals.com/news/latvian-forward-juris-upitis-joins-the-capitals

Seems from the EEN report, that we're after another two imports. That means we're looking to carry a spare again.

I'm sure our merry band are already on the case there! :lol:

Here's some info:

http://www.edcapitals.com/news/latvian-forward-juris-upitis-joins-the-capitals

Seems from the EEN report, that we're after another two imports. That means we're looking to carry a spare again.

Was looking at his stats on Elite Prospects - looks small and stocky based on his height and weight (which are a strangely close to mine give or take an inch/kg :lol:)

Konrad von Carstein

Friend just returned from NY - NHL shop clearing the decks for Adidas training wear - brought me back a Blackhawks and an Islanders* CCM t-shirts...I reckon that the Adidas training gear will be pretty amazing!

*My second NHL team :(

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

Friend just returned from NY - NHL shop clearing the decks for Adidas training wear - brought me back a Blackhawks and an Islanders* CCM t-shirts...I reckon that the Adidas training gear will be pretty amazing!

*My second NHL team :(

I emailed ice jerseys and they told me the adidas gear was on sale from September. Didn't give a date but should see the stuff on sale in the next few weeks.

As I've said before, I'm hoping they did an adidas originals range.

Decent game vs the University of Manitoba last night. Shame to lose the GWG with 6.1 secs left on the clock but a very good performance from a Caps side, that were missing 5 imports due to travel and visa issues (all sorted now).

Difficult to take much from it but Cazzola and Anderson looked the part, as did Trakhanov. Cazzola's footspeed is unbelievable. Definitely need a big D man though. Think we're a bit small in that regard. Brits played with a bit more confidence and thats clearly down to the coaching, however minimal its been so far (indeed, D'Orazio took aim at Dobron in a recent interview at just how shite he was).

Encouraging early signs but we'll see more on Sunday against Dundee in another pre season match.

excited to see the new imports tomorrow and they'll have at least a little more time to get to know each other and bit training

Cazzola is lightning quick, couldve won it with some of his chances though.

Presuming Vorobyev might be captain since no announcement yet. D'orazio? like you say bit light in defence guess he will be a mainstay and well liked.

Took a few mates to manitoba game, we are all going back tomorrow!

Sept - March

The entire season then!

Best games are usually Fife or Braehead. They usually bring the most away fans and it helps create an atmosphere. Best overall game to go to is the Hogmanay one, which is a derby v the Fifers. Rink is usually rammed.

Tbh, most games are decent to go to. You'll likely enjoy whatever one you pick.

Gersh - if you want to see some REALLY hideous jerseys, I'd be looking at Braehead's and Fife's efforts, for this weekend's Scottish Cup. :boak:

Just caught a glimpse of that Fife jersey :muggy:

Have the Caps got a special jersey for this weekend? Just saw a pic online (with the forth rail bridge on it) and I much prefer it to the ones you posted a few weeks back.

Just caught a glimpse of that Fife jersey :muggy:

Have the Caps got a special jersey for this weekend? Just saw a pic online (with the forth rail bridge on it) and I much prefer it to the ones you posted a few weeks back.

Nah. Its the CC jersey apparently. Had a couple of alterations from the earlier pic.

Sounds like Fife and Braehead have channeled their inner Slapshot and have decided to box their way through the Cup Final. 6 fights (and counting). Current penalty box count - 5 Clan, 6 Flyers.

Clan win the 'Scottish Elite Cup' beating the Fifers 3-1.

Fife fans being a bit naughty and had to be told off for getting at Clan players in the penalty benches.

Caps Captain named as Mike D'Orazio

Alternates (you're allowed three if your league allows it) are Mike Cazzola, Igor Valeev and Pavel Vorobyev.

How are the Caps looking? They seem to be losing an awful lot of games again!

Defence is horrific and the goalie is highly prone to a blunder. Forward line is relatively good. Still fairly early days though. Only four games into the season, 3 of which have been Challenge Cup games. Tighten/replace the D and we should be ok. Also doesnt help we've been missing Tvrdon (suspension), Stefishen jnr (injury) and Vorobyev (due to visa issues). At least two of that group will be playing next week.

And blue home jerseys look tremendous.

Edited by Chester?

Fairly underwhelmed by all the adidas gear.

Fairly underwhelmed by the Habs pre-season showing too :lol:

Wee Victor Mete looks like he's making the team though - ******* love the way he skates.

Edited by Gershwin

:muggy:

Bit of a pumping there.

It's only one game, but it was quite a game.

The Leafs are starting to look like a competitive team, finally.  It's only been 50 years, after all.  :wink:

Cory McNamara

Great job, Flyers. We need a good start this time around. I hope Claude & Jakub will figure out their scoring problems (especially 5 on 5). Fantastic game for Wayne (3 goals); Shayne and Jakub with 3 points each. Nice to see some youngsters too. Go, Flyers.

Great job, Flyers. We need a good start this time around. I hope Claude & Jakub will figure out their scoring problems (especially 5 on 5). Fantastic game for Wayne (3 goals); Shayne and Jakub with 3 points each. Nice to see some youngsters too. Go, Flyers.

How was Nolan Patrick?

• Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • Maple Leaf pinned this topic