• Gershwin

• Chester™

• JamboInSouthsea

• alwaysthereinspirit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 07/02/2018 at 01:03, Chester™ said:

:sob::sob::sob::sob:

Not sure two of his Stanley Cup rings were really earned...

::troll::

56 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Hockey is s h i t e

Message ends

:muggy:

:spoton:

The draft is where the real excitement is.

1 hour ago, Gershwin said:

Not sure two of his Stanley Cup rings were really earned...

::troll::

Still got more than you're likely to see anytime soon. :jjyay:

On 2/14/2018 at 03:09, Chester™ said:

Thats the Seattle expansion application in...

Good its been a long wait, was mentioned in an episode of Frasier around 15 - 20 odd years ago!

On 14/02/2018 at 00:09, Chester™ said:

Thats the Seattle expansion application in...

Nice one. Always thought they should have a team. Wonder what they'll be called?

The Seattle Sparrows?

The Seattle Spice Racks?

The Seattle Cattle? 

15 hours ago, Gershwin said:

Nice one. Always thought they should have a team. Wonder what they'll be called?

The Seattle Sparrows?

The Seattle Spice Racks?

The Seattle Cattle? 

The Seattle Starbucks?

The Seattle Supersonics? :look:

The Seattle Shitebags?

I don't care what the name will be as long as it's not the 'Sonics! They're the reason I started watching basketball :laugh:

Good result for the Caps tonight, also makes it easier for us to catch the Giants in the league now as well as having one hand on the conference!

13 hours ago, rossaldinho said:

I don't care what the name will be as long as it's not the 'Sonics! They're the reason I started watching basketball :laugh:

Good result for the Caps tonight, also makes it easier for us to catch the Giants in the league now as well as having one hand on the conference!

Fully deserved conference win as well.

Awfully surprised to the see the drop in crowds, whilst doing better. Absolutely bizarre.

2 hours ago, Chester™ said:

Fully deserved conference win as well.

Awfully surprised to the see the drop in crowds, whilst doing better. Absolutely bizarre.

A lot of people have stopped going because we don't have any out-and-out fighters which is absolutely ridiculous considering how well this team have gelled and are playing right now. 

Edited by rossaldinho

2 hours ago, rossaldinho said:

A lot of people have stopped going because we don't have any out-and-out fighters which is absolutely ridiculous considering how well this team have gelled and are playing right now. 

Nearly 10% of your crowd though? I know a few Fifers on Twitter and the like say there's other issues of protest like ownership and lack of ice time for the Brits.

1 hour ago, Chester™ said:

Nearly 10% of your crowd though? I know a few Fifers on Twitter and the like say there's other issues of protest like ownership and lack of ice time for the Brits.

There probably will be more reasons but the most common I've heard has been the lack of a big man. We don't need a big man for as long as we have Muir, just gave Adam Harding a do-ing! 

Getting a bit too close up in Dundee right now for my liking!

Caps crowed average has been 666 to last night. Of course that inc away fans as well so it tells its own story. It could be the people at the rink are desperate to give us news but due to the legal side cannot, so why not just come out and say sorry again....better than silence although we have issued an apology to MKL due to a strip mix up. Oh and a great idea to do a promotion when the team is flat out on its erse and ship 10 goals at home, still it got some more money through the door into someones pocket eh?

3 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Caps crowed average has been 666 to last night. Of course that inc away fans as well so it tells its own story. It could be the people at the rink are desperate to give us news but due to the legal side cannot, so why not just come out and say sorry again....better than silence although we have issued an apology to MKL due to a strip mix up. Oh and a great idea to do a promotion when the team is flat out on its erse and ship 10 goals at home, still it got some more money through the door into someones pocket eh?

It'll also include a large number of stayaway ST holders as well.

Shipping ten goals on a Groupon night isnt great. That said, Besko ****ed his knee after 3 minutes and Forshall played through a concussion from around the 12th minute. Excellent victory in Belfast the evening before though.

As for the 'legalities', I've spoken to people with experience of such issues, including a close friend who's an accountant. They've told me its all pish and a way to keep folk in the dark. A few have noted that the Caps website is now under the control of 'Cool House Marketing', who very much appear to be the Newco. Furthermore, I was speaking to a Cardiff fan recently and they believe it'll be all change shortly. I'll believe it when I see it.

14 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

It'll also include a large number of stayaway ST holders as well.

Shipping ten goals on a Groupon night isnt great. That said, Besko ****ed his knee after 3 minutes and Forshall played through a concussion from around the 12th minute. Excellent victory in Belfast the evening before though.

As for the 'legalities', I've spoken to people with experience of such issues, including a close friend who's an accountant. They've told me its all pish and a way to keep folk in the dark. A few have noted that the Caps website is now under the control of 'Cool House Marketing', who very much appear to be the Newco. Furthermore, I was speaking to a Cardiff fan recently and they believe it'll be all change shortly. I'll believe it when I see it.

What I also find strange is the EEN seem to be not giving this situation too much coverage, they are treating it like the red tops treat sevco problems. How does a Cardiff fan know :) All we can do is watch this space......who knows it just might turn out alright.

1 minute ago, Turkishcap said:

What I also find strange is the EEN seem to be not giving this situation too much coverage, they are treating it like the red tops treat sevco problems. How does a Cardiff fan know :) All we can do is watch this space......who knows it just might turn out alright.

I know the reporter for the EEN. Trust me, he's tried (and if you read his reports, he puts in crafty digs). He also has a major issue with the sub editors who continually chop his space for the Caps and have done for quite some time. For example, he's wrote lengthy pieces on the current situation, player interviews, coach's thoughts, submitted them and was then told they werent required or that there wasnt enough space in the paper/online for them. It really isnt a case of him not wanting to report whats going on.

How does a Cardiff fan know? Connections. Its not exactly a big scene (amongst other things).

On 01/02/2018 at 14:24, Turkishcap said:

2 more depart the Caps, Kolesnikovs and Vorobyve, if this was an animal it would be put to sleep. I take no pleasure saying this but enough is enough. A few on the Caps forum think the same and the club will pack up the Elite league but only time will tell.

The current rumour is the Caps will be replaced by Hull in the EIHL next year. I wouldn't be surprised if there turned out to be some substance to it. 

25 minutes ago, Manny1874 said:

The current rumour is the Caps will be replaced by Hull in the EIHL next year. I wouldn't be surprised if there turned out to be some substance to it. 

Thats been the same rumour since Hull departed the league (if it keeps getting repeated, it might eventually come true I guess). Their crowds were worse than ours, so you'd be replacing one shite team with another. There's more than a strong possibility that if the Caps went, Dundee and Fife would too. Hull 'might' be useful here to be the tenth team in that scenario, though the league are keen to get a team in Leeds.

I'd say a more likely outcome is a new BNL type league, below the EIHL, with the 'Scottish 3' leading the way.

10 hours ago, Chester™ said:

Thats been the same rumour since Hull departed the league (if it keeps getting repeated, it might eventually come true I guess). Their crowds were worse than ours, so you'd be replacing one shite team with another. There's more than a strong possibility that if the Caps went, Dundee and Fife would too. Hull 'might' be useful here to be the tenth team in that scenario, though the league are keen to get a team in Leeds.

I'd say a more likely outcome is a new BNL type league, below the EIHL, with the 'Scottish 3' leading the way.

Fair points on Hull. I think perhaps I am just more sensitive to the rumours given the mess that has become of the Caps this season. 

I wonder though, do you not think with Fife in the upper echelon of the EIHL, and Dundee rallying with some decent crowds, that the Flyers and Stars may stay where they are in that scenario?  I'd definitely agree in previous seasons but given Fife especially seem on an upward trajectory, it makes me think twice. 

10 minutes ago, Manny1874 said:

Fair points on Hull. I think perhaps I am just more sensitive to the rumours given the mess that has become of the Caps this season. 

I wonder though, do you not think with Fife in the upper echelon of the EIHL, and Dundee rallying with some decent crowds, that the Flyers and Stars may stay where they are in that scenario?  I'd definitely agree in previous seasons but given Fife especially seem on an upward trajectory, it makes me think twice. 

As I've said above, Fife's crowds are down. Been rumours that Muir would rather not play in the Elite, even though they're doing well. Dundee haven't hid the fact they're struggling, and the crowds 'boost' is down to certain promotions with the crowds going back to regular size the next game.

It wouldn't shock me if this is our last Elite season (there's counter rumours this is a 'clearing the decks' before someone new comes in) but I'm also highly aware without it, that'll be it for hockey in Edinburgh and if we go down, there'll be a knock on effect elsewhere. I've always had a nagging feeling that if the league wanted us out, it would've happened by now.

As always, the silence from Murrayfield means the rumour mill gets going, as people try to fill in the blanks.

Trying to think why Hull would want to yo yo between the leagues also if the worst comes to the worst couldn’t the Caps join the league set up that Solway Sharks play in, I am sure you are allowed 2 imports there, a bit better than SNL or oblivion.

1 hour ago, Turkishcap said:

Trying to think why Hull would want to yo yo between the leagues also if the worst comes to the worst couldn’t the Caps join the league set up that Solway Sharks play in, I am sure you are allowed 2 imports there, a bit better than SNL or oblivion.

You're right on Hull. I cant fathom why they'd make the jump again, when they've been doing better away from the EIHL.

As for Solway's league, thats assuming the English teams are willing to factor in the extra travel to Edinburgh (or further north) and have that as part of their schedule (they arent).

The SNL allow imports as well BTW.

So here's the list of names Seattle have registered. Most of them are shite.

Seattle Cougars
Seattle Eagles
Seattle Emeralds
Seattle Evergreens
Seattle Firebirds
Seattle Kraken
Seattle Rainiers
Seattle Renegades
Seattle Sea Lions
Seattle Seals
Seattle Sockeyes
Seattle Totems
Seattle Whales

1 hour ago, Gershwin said:

So here's the list of names Seattle have registered. Most of them are shite.

Seattle Cougars
Seattle Eagles
Seattle Emeralds
Seattle Evergreens
Seattle Firebirds
Seattle Kraken
Seattle Rainiers
Seattle Renegades
Seattle Sea Lions
Seattle Seals
Seattle Sockeyes
Seattle Totems
Seattle Whales

They are unbelievably shite.

Only the Firebirds is perhaps passable. Though the merch for Renegades and Kraken might be interesting. :lol:

On 16/02/2018 at 22:07, Gershwin said:

The Seattle Sparrows?

The Seattle Spice Racks?

The Seattle Cattle? 

Has to be Seattle Seals or Sealions imo

17 hours ago, LesJambes said:

BTW is there anywhere in Edinburgh I can buy Ice Hockey trading cards?

Hmmm, when I was a kid, I used to buy them in Dead Head Comics on Candlemaker Row. Think that place is closed now though.

Never heard of or seen them in a while.

43 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Hmmm, when I was a kid, I used to buy them in Dead Head Comics on Candlemaker Row. Think that place is closed now though.

Never heard of or seen them in a while.

Thanks mate! Yeah that place was great, in my youth I had a major crush on a goth type girl who worked in there. She was ridiculously hot! Or maybe I was just ridiculously horny as a kid, one of the two :D

• 2 weeks later...

The forum appears to have been deleted from the Caps site where it used to be under Fans. Is it being updated or is SN fed up reading the moans?

Edit, closed due to technical problem.....to many questions being asked? Or am I paranoid?

Edited by Turkishcap

2 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

The forum appears to have been deleted from the Caps site where it used to be under Fans. Is it being updated or is SN fed up reading the moans?

Edit, closed due to technical problem.....to many questions being asked? Or am I paranoid?

Hardly anyone uses it anyway, so I'm surprised its even still there tbqh. Got to the point more Flyers fans were using it to 'give opinions' (ie gloat) than actual Caps fans. Waste of time and effort I'd say, especially when most use Twitter and the Facebook groups for discussion about the team, of which Scott will nearly always see anyway.

19 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

Capitals update:

https://www.edcapitals.com/news/edinburgh-capitals-implement-new-board-structure

I'm not holding my breath...

Any idea who Alex Robertson is? 

He doesn't seem to have any listed 'credentials' and I don't think I've seen his name mentioned previously with the club. 

52 minutes ago, Manny1874 said:

Any idea who Alex Robertson is? 

He doesn't seem to have any listed 'credentials' and I don't think I've seen his name mentioned previously with the club. 

His name is certainly familiar. What kind of cash he's got/influence he's had or will have, I'm not sure.

23 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Just in time for season tickets eh?

Not really. Renewals for this season came at the end of Spring/start of Summer (which is fairly typical for the Caps). Plus there's plenty already committed to not renewing.

Like you not holding breath though but time will tell, at least and at last they have put out a statement.

9 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Like you not holding breath though but time will tell, at least and at last they have put out a statement.

The main thing is getting the fans onside again. If the ST renewals are out shortly (and I wouldn't put it past them), then folk will rightly think its a money grab. There needs to be some real statement signings and obvious changes made ASAP.

The chat from the two Facebook groups is this:

Scott does NOT own the team anymore.

Scott is NOT in charge of the team.

Scott is in charge of the hockey operations and has no say in the business side of things now.

More to be revealed shortly, with a breakdown of shareholders and investors, though evidence of ££ has been seen by the two fan reps, though is confidential at the minute until it goes on Companies House. Seems there is more money to come in too.

There is a 'rival' bid to run a team out the rink, and the rink are considering both. The alternative bid has no guarantees for Elite hockey and has no guarantees for any league (apparently). Word on the street (not the FB groups) is that its the Hand's and they've been told, on no uncertain terms by the EIHL, their bid is not welcome.

18 hours ago, Chester™ said:

More to be revealed shortly, with a breakdown of shareholders and investors, though evidence of ££ has been seen by the two fan reps, though is confidential at the minute until it goes on Companies House. Seems there is more money to come in too.

There is a 'rival' bid to run a team out the rink, and the rink are considering both. The alternative bid has no guarantees for Elite hockey and has no guarantees for any league (apparently). Word on the street (not the FB groups) is that its the Hand's and they've been told, on no uncertain terms by the EIHL, their bid is not welcome.

Why? As in why would their bid not be welcome?

Surely any serious investment in this league should be looked at?

32 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Why? As in why would their bid not be welcome?

Surely any serious investment in this league should be looked at?

I'm trying to do a bit of digging but from what I've heard so far, they're arent convinced this (or other previous bids) have been viable. And I think there's a distrust of certain elements in the other bid.

• Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • Maple Leaf pinned this topic