NHL playoffs

Jimmy McNulty

Rangers done. Only ourselves to blame. Terrible 1st period, no urgency or tempo, thought I was watching Hearts! Dug a massive hole and despite dominating for much of the rest of the game couldn't do enough. Huge opportunity blown. Winner of Caps/Penguins will definitely beat this Ottawa team.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gershwin

• Chester™

• JamboInSouthsea

• alwaysthereinspirit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rangers done. Only ourselves to blame. Terrible 1st period, no urgency or tempo, thought I was watching Hearts! Dug a massive hole and despite dominating for much of the rest of the game couldn't do enough. Huge opportunity blown. Winner of Caps/Penguins will definitely beat this Ottawa team.

I was a little surprised you didn't handle Ottawa but you had your chances. King Henrik just didn't perform like he did in the first round.

Chester™

Pittsburgh going to throw this series away?

HOPEFULLY :look:

:yas: :yas: :yas: :yas: :yas:

:verysmug:

:jjyay:

:yas: :yas: :yas: :yas: :yas:

:verysmug:

:jjyay:

:muggy:

Oilers out too.

Boooooooooooooooooo.

Cup to Nashville plz.

The Sens surely aren't making the final, are they?

Penguins just beat them 7 (SEVEN!) - 0 in game 5 so looking highly unlikely. 

Penguins just beat them 7 (SEVEN!) - 0 in game 5 so looking highly unlikely. 

Watched a bit of the game last night. They were sloppy as ****.

Penguins always seem to have another gear - the Sens had managed to hold Crosby off the score board in the opening two games but he's put up quite a few points since then.

alwaysthereinspirit

Game 6 Nashville/ Anaheim is going to get nasty if Saturdays ending is anything to go by. Only if its a blow out either way though. Anaheim up big early will see it turn bad quickly. Heres hoping.

Game 6 Nashville/ Anaheim is going to get nasty if Saturdays ending is anything to go by. Only if its a blow out either way though. Anaheim up big early will see it turn bad quickly. Heres hoping.

What actually happened at the end? Sportsnet had a thing on it, but all it showed was a bit of cross-checking/jostling at the final buzzer (oh and Corey Perry being a *****, obviously).

alwaysthereinspirit

What actually happened at the end? Sportsnet had a thing on it, but all it showed was a bit of cross-checking/jostling at the final buzzer (oh and Corey Perry being a *****, obviously).

Definitely Perry being Perry. Cross checking to start festivities then getting a wee late punch in while the ref is holding him and his "opponent" apart. Nasty wee $#!te.

Tony Hand inducted into the IIHF Hall of Fame, alongside the likes of Selanne, Koivu, Sakic:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/ice-hockey/ice-hockey-legend-tony-hand-is-inducted-in-to-hall-of-fame-1-4452823

http://www.iihfworlds2017.com/en/news/hall-of-fame/

On this video from around 33 minutes -

Good stuff!

Got a little teary watching that.

:sob:

Edited by Gershwin

Chester™

Good stuff!

Got a little teary watching that.

:sob:

I had something in my eye as well. :sob:

Folk having a go at him for his speech. I think that sums him up tbh. If you've ever spoken to Tony, you realise pretty quickly that with those he doesnt know, he seems to be painfully shy and can get quite embarrassed by some of the attention he's received.

Next up should be the Scottish Sports Hall of Fame. Thats him had his two years of retirement.

Edited by Chester?

I had something in my eye as well. :sob:

Folk having a go at him for his speech. I think that sums him up tbh. If you've ever spoken to Tony, you realise pretty quickly that with those he doesnt know, he seems to be painfully shy and can get quite embarrassed by some of the attention he's received.

Next up should be the Scottish Sports Hall of Fame. Thats him had his two years of retirement.

Folk having a go at his speech :cornette:

Chester™

Folk having a go at his speech :cornette:

There's some in the UK hockey fanbase that like to have a go at him whenever they can. You should have seen some of the replies when I said his number should be retired across of all of UK Hockey. :cornette:

Konrad von Carstein

That was quite a moving speech, the epitome of an ultra talented guy who can't quite believe the fuss being made over him.

Never met him but watched him and Paul many times in the Racers days.

Chester™

That was quite a moving speech, the epitome of an ultra talented guy who can't quite believe the fuss being made over him.

Never met him but watched him and Paul many times in the Racers days.

:spoton:

Thats exactly what I was trying to get at and sums him perfectly. His speech, when his number was retired at MIR, was very much the same. Possibly a bit more blubbery at MIR but I reckon half the crowd were the same, me included.

I dread to think what state I'll be in when Martin Cingel gets his number up there. :lol:

Edited by Chester?

How's the final coming along? I watched the highlights of the last two pumpings in Nashville and it sounds like the Pens were a little fortunate to win those opening two games.

Can see MAF coming in tomorrow night...

Chester™

Didnt watch Games 2, 3 and 4 due to work. I highly doubt MAF will come back in. Seems Murray was actually pretty decent in 3 and 4 but the makeshift D gave out a little (hardly a surprise when in last year's Final, Letang ate the most minutes. This year its Hainsey :muggy: ). With Murray immediately coming back in after injury, Sully will likely stick to his guns. Thought we did enough to win Game 1. Nashville werent particularly impressive in that one.

If we're looking at Advanced Stats, it certainly appears that the Pens actually had the better of Game 4 and if had taken a chance just before the Preds scored, that would have turned the game.

Didnt watch Games 2, 3 and 4 due to work. I highly doubt MAF will come back in. Seems Murray was actually pretty decent in 3 and 4 but the makeshift D gave out a little (hardly a surprise when in last year's Final, Letang ate the most minutes. This year its Hainsey :muggy: ). With Murray immediately coming back in after injury, Sully will likely stick to his guns. Thought we did enough to win Game 1. Nashville werent particularly impressive in that one.

If we're looking at Advanced Stats, it certainly appears that the Pens actually had the better of Game 4 and if had taken a chance just before the Preds scored, that would have turned the game.

I did read a report that Game 4 was the Pens best game of the series.

Chester™

I did read a report that Game 4 was the Pens best game of the series.

Aye. Wasnt massively confident going into the series, mainly due to the D. To even get where we are, with the D and injury list, is quite something.

And Murray starts tonight.

Chester™

Cracking appointment.

Hopefully.

Comes with a decent playing CV and been coaching in the KHL. I just hope he knows what he's let himself in for.

Konrad von Carstein

Hopefully.

Comes with a decent playing CV and been coaching in the KHL. I just hope he knows what he's let himself in for.

I'd probably say, nah.

On the plus side, I fully intend dragging my lazy arse along to the Fridge of Dreams this year. Only need to convince the s/o that it'll be a similar experience to the United Centre.

:tlj:

Stop making excuses and get your arse there.

Then you can eat one of the amazing chicken curry pies followed by stovies for dessert.

Just realised the Habs had traded Sergachev to Tampa for Jonathan Drouin. Was looking forward to seeing Sergachev in MTL too.

Just realised the Habs had traded Sergachev to Tampa for Jonathan Drouin. Was looking forward to seeing Sergachev in MTL too.

Sorry.

Missed posting this info I've been busy celebrating. :verysmug:

Sorry.

Missed posting this info I've been busy celebrating. :verysmug:

Hope you forget to protect Crosby in the Expansion Draft.

Hope you forget to protect Crosby in the Expansion Draft.

Automatically protected because of his NTC/NMC - :verysmug:

Captain Sausage

Sorry if already posted, but anyone know when the schedule for 17/18 is released? I'm in NYC at the end of November into December and was looking to take in a game.

Sorry if already posted, but anyone know when the schedule for 17/18 is released? I'm in NYC at the end of November into December and was looking to take in a game.

Some pre season fixtures have been announced, along with the 'main' dates of the season, so it wont be too much longer.

• Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • Maple Leaf pinned this topic