NHL playoffs

Jimmy McNulty

Not sure if I mentioned these signings but two new additions to the Caps Academy, Caly and Aaron Robertson. The former is 16, the latter 19. They're the sons of former Cap, Iain Robertson (how old does that make you feel btw! :rofl: ):

http://www.edcapitals.com/news/capitals-lure-caly-and-aaron-robertson-to-the-club

Another re-signing (so to speak) is young NM Jordan McLaughlin. He performed brilliantly, when called upon, during the goalie injury crisis we had around New Year:

http://www.edcapitals.com/news/hot-prospect-jordan-mclaughlin-signs-for-the-capitals-academy

Say him play - looked decent from a British netminder.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gershwin

• Chester™

• JamboInSouthsea

• alwaysthereinspirit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Say him play - looked decent from a British netminder.

Only 17 still. I take it that was the Hogmanay game? That was his debut.

Should rename the thread official ice hockey thread. I've never really checked in due to being out of touch with nhl

The caps are going about things the right way for the elite league. Especially behind the scenes some notable names now involved.

A lot of the Russian recruits should do well. Those who've recommended/scouted them should know their stuff

Konrad von Carstein

Is the deal with Adidas for game equipment only or does it include training gear. I have had a look but can't see anything on NHL or Adidas websites.

Que Chester/Gershwin providing a link to either of those sites. :lol:

:(

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

Should rename the thread official ice hockey thread. I've never really checked in due to being out of touch with nhl

The caps are going about things the right way for the elite league. Especially behind the scenes some notable names now involved.

A lot of the Russian recruits should do well. Those who've recommended/scouted them should know their stuff

I shall ask an admin to rename it.

Very impressed with how the Caps doing things so far. Quietly optimistic (before it all goes tits in December :lol: ). Getting bench coach was vital and his experience, along with using some well kent faces, has been encouraging.

Is the deal with Adidas for game equipment only or does it include training gear. I have had a look but can't see anything on NHL or Adidas websites.

What are you meaning by training gear?

Konrad von Carstein

I shall ask an admin to rename it.

Very impressed with how the Caps doing things so far. Quietly optimistic (before it all goes tits in December :lol: ). Getting bench coach was vital and his experience, along with using some well kent faces, has been encouraging.

What are you meaning by training gear?

I have some Reebok t-shirts and hat that the teams wear when doing gym work or you se them wearing it when in front of the press. The material is ClimaCool or some such and on the chest it has *Blackhawks Hockey* with the team logo.

It's nice and original stuff to wear to the gym, I just wondered if Adidas had secured a deal for all of the kit or just game equipment.

I have some Reebok t-shirts and hat that the teams wear when doing gym work or you se them wearing it when in front of the press. The material is ClimaCool or some such and on the chest it has *Blackhawks Hockey* with the team logo.

It's nice and original stuff to wear to the gym, I just wondered if Adidas had secured a deal for all of the kit or just game equipment.

Its likely the whole lot. All Adidas have really done is move the deal from their subsidiary to the main company, though I think they'll be branding t-shirts and like under the 'Fanatics' name.

Game equipment is dependent on player though.

Edited by Chester?

Hoping they bring out a line of Adidas Originals merch. Would love a habs track top in the old style.

Another Russian at the caps, stats are good for a defencemen

Think he was the last of the imports

Hopefully prove better value than a fashionable Canadian

Reminds me need to get ticks for the pre season ggame v manitoba

Another Russian at the caps, stats are good for a defencemen

Think he was the last of the imports

Hopefully prove better value than a fashionable Canadian

Reminds me need to get ticks for the pre season ggame v manitoba

Still another 8 imports to sign.

The goalie :rofl:

Surely that didn't count?!?!?!?

Judging by people standing on the ice (including the mascot), players hanging over the boards and the shot not starting at centre ice, I suspect this was an exhibition game. I'm pretty sure it was AK Bars, split into two teams as the shooter is in the home jersey and I reckon the goalie's in the away. Edited by Chester?

Habs sign Steit to a 1 year deal.

What a load of shite, Bergevin.

:awful:

Edited by Gershwin

Edinburgh sign Taylor Stefishen (brother of former Cap, Adam):

http://www.edcapitals.com/news/capitals-sign-stefishen

Looks a very decent signing again. Decent numbers in comparable leagues.

Was his brother not a bit of nutjob? I vaguely remember him putting Jason Voth through the plexiglass - or am I thinking of someone else?

Was his brother not a bit of nutjob? I vaguely remember him putting Jason Voth through the plexiglass - or am I thinking of someone else?

His bro was an enforcer. Could handle himself but a bit on the small side.

Not sure if he put Brad Voth through the boards. Think that might have been Jeff State.

Used to go in the 70s, really fancy to get along one night.

Pre season game v Manitoba (from Canada) end of August only ?10

Caps have made some exciting signings

Perfect one to get along to

NEW CAPS SIGNING CHESTER

NEW CAPS SIGNING CHESTER

NEW CAPS SIGNING CHESTER

NEW CAPS SIGNING CHESTER

NEW CAPS SIGNING CHESTER

NEW CAPS SIGNING CHESTER

This chap looks decent.

I know zero about the kHL/vhl but interesting alot are from the second tier.

Presumably still a higher/equivalent standard to elite league

Stats of all signings seem promising anyway.

The KHL is the second best league in the world with the VHL being the farm/feeder league. The standard of there will be above ours.

A lot of it will depend on how they settle. Vorobyev's key here. He managed the transition brilliantly and loved living here. We need that to rub off on the newbies.

Like the look of the this one. Big battering ram with a bit of skill about him too. Promising

See Sean Beattie is off to Fife too. There's enough coming from academy with King and the Robertson's to keep homegrown quota up tho.

Pedigree of the imports is exciting

Like the look of the this one. Big battering ram with a bit of skill about him too. Promising

See Sean Beattie is off to Fife too. There's enough coming from academy with King and the Robertson's to keep homegrown quota up tho.

Pedigree of the imports is exciting

Beattie was treated shabbily by Dobron last season, so its no surprise he's off. Makes logistical sense as he lives in Fife too.

As for Islamov, I'm hoping he's a Jade Portwood type, with a bit of added gusto. We've missed someone like that the last two seasons.

Next Caps import announced at half 6 tomorrow folks.

Keep it up at this rate and we might have a full roster by the first friendly on Aug 29th. :lol:

And ANOTHER Caps import announced tomorrow. Only 3 to go after this one. I'm not sure I can handle that we might have a full team before the season starts.

In other news, the Caps are now being retweeted and followed by Evgeny Kuznetsov of Washington Caps fame.

Hopefully he keeps in touch so he's got a team to play for at the next lockout.

In other news, the Caps are now being retweeted and followed by Evgeny Kuznetsov of Washington Caps fame.

Hopefully he keeps in touch so he's got a team to play for at the next lockout.

Is he mates with some of the new players?

Is he mates with some of the new players?

Aye. Believe he's best mates with Banashkov. He's been putting up training videos of him for the Caps fans to watch, with a voiceover as well.

Think he's pally and played with the latest signing.

Konrad von Carstein

Think I preferred this when it was called the Official NHL Thread.

Ice Hockey is sooooo European 

:toff:

Hurry up NHL.

You've got the Putin Select to visit first.

See Cardiff and Nottingham are going to be in the new NHL 18 video game

Only by virtue of being in the CHL. Its nothing to get overly excited about tbh.

You've got the Putin Select to visit first.

Will try and take in a game mid sept. Away the end of August unfortunately - quite fancied that friendly against the college team as well!

Will try and take in a game mid sept. Away the end of August unfortunately - quite fancied that friendly against the college team as well!

I normally pie pre season, but I'm definitely going to that game. Not sure what team we'll have out though.

Season starts mid September, so you'll have your pick after that. First Fife derby is October 1st I think.

• Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • Maple Leaf pinned this topic