• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gershwin

• Chester™

• JamboInSouthsea

• alwaysthereinspirit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another insipid performance from the Habs last night...

Hopefully it means Therrien is close to the sack :jj:

Doesnt help that Price is having his worst season for 4/5 years.

The main thing from last night's game is it gave us the best penalty call you'll ever see:

https://twitter.com/barstooltweetss/status/830947502727819268

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by Chester?

Suppose you're hoping it has the Bylsma/Sullivan effect.

Of course! Might even attract some players put off by Therrien's blatantly shite coaching style.

Edited by Gershwin

Of course! Might even attract some players put off by Therrien's blatantly shite coaching style.

I think the issue on players is more the GM.

alwaysthereinspirit

Well, we've got a better coach in.

I'm just going to have to turn a blind eye to all his whining.

I always liked him. His system seemed to defensive minded for me. If you don't concede goals then you cant lose. You'll hear a lot about defensive layers.

The fact he's been there before may help him but being an ex Bruin the fans will have him on a short leash.

• 2 weeks later...

Guildford officially accepted into the Elite League.

That means 12 teams from next season.

Is there anymore expansion coming?

Is there anymore expansion coming?

Not just now. Thats two extra teams in for next season (Milton Keynes being the other). There's continual talk of a team out of Leeds/London/Aberdeen but nothing concrete. Some of the EPL teams may consider the move up but they're more likely to do a revised second tier.

Edited by Chester?

I'd be surprised if a two-tier league doesn't happen soon.

Also been chatter of dropping the number of dressed players from 22 down to 19 and lowering the import count by one, effectively killing 4-line hockey. Don't see it happening tbh.

I'd be surprised if a two-tier league doesn't happen soon.

Also been chatter of dropping the number of dressed players from 22 down to 19 and lowering the import count by one, effectively killing 4-line hockey. Don't see it happening tbh.

I'd be delighted to see a BNL type league again. More development of Brits and less of a two tier league.

I wouldn't be surprised if the non-arena teams voted for dropping the import levels. The likes of Edinburgh and Fife go with two and a half lines while Cardiff and Shuff have four.

The whole setup needs root and branch reform but as ever in UK hockey, egos get in the way of the greater good.

Attended my first two NHL hockey games this week while in New York . Sunday night I went and seen islanders v devils was a great game to be honest islanders winning 6-4 also went on Tuesday and seen les Habs v New York rangers which was also a great game which les habs won in a shootout after comparing the two I preferred the atmosphere of msg and I have no allegiance to any of the above teams

Attended my first two NHL hockey games this week while in New York . Sunday night I went and seen islanders v devils was a great game to be honest islanders winning 6-4 also went on Tuesday and seen les Habs v New York rangers which was also a great game which les habs won in a shootout after comparing the two I preferred the atmosphere of msg and I have no allegiance to any of the above teams

Nice one.

Went to a playoff game at the MSG a few years ago and the atmosphere was insane. The New York fans are the closest to die hard footballs fans as you will get.

And J?a?m?i?e? Jordie Benn to the Habs for Pateryn.

And now Dwight King as the collection of fourth liners continues. Also picked up Steve Ott. :rofl: And say cheerybye to David Desharnais

Iggy waives his NTC and is likely away to LA

Vanek to the Panthers for McIlrath and a pick.

And now Dwight King as the collection of fourth liners continues. Also picked up Steve Ott. :rofl: And say cheerybye to David Desharnais

Iggy waives his NTC and is likely away to LA

Vanek to the Panthers for McIlrath and a pick.

Steve Ott :muggy:

Don't mind the acquisition of King. Two cups and all that. Signed some beast from the Avs as well!

Desharnais finally getting emptied is :pleasing: though.

Fantastic performance by the Habs in New York tonight. Game is like a playoff game.

Henrik having a mare though :rofl:

Going to the Bruins/Red Wings tomorrow. Hopefully we're better than last night.

The Wings are shite so it's got to be. Decent seats?

alwaysthereinspirit

The Wings are shite so it's got to be. Decent seats?

Balcony. As far away as is probably possible. Behind the Detroit net twice though, so hopefully plenty of action down that end.

I see the NHL GMs have decided that they won't make their Expansion Draft protected lists public :rofl:

What a bunch of ****ing shitebags they are. 

• 2 weeks later...

And thats the Cardiff Devils the EIHL Champions!

Called it back in November. :verysmug:

They're on for a Grand Slam...

Edited by Chester?

Konrad von Carstein

Really do not like the Cardiff Devils.......from waaaaaaaay back in the day.

Was it them that Tony Hand was immense against at Wembley many years ago but ultimately we lost (I was there, but free flowing Heinekin has dulled the memory)

Really do not like the Cardiff Devils.......from waaaaaaaay back in the day.

Was it them that Tony Hand was immense against at Wembley many years ago but ultimately we lost (I was there, but free flowing Heinekin has dulled the memory)

Bloody hell KvC - how old are you?! :lol:

Surprised at the dislike of Cardiff. I always remember that the Racers would lend them support at Wembley (when not playing each other) and vice versa. Their fans are always top notch as well, home and away and the ones I speak to on Twitter are brilliant. Really looking forward to going down to see their new rink next season.

The game you might be thinking of, might be the 1990 Wembley Final when they won on penalties and Tony gave us THAT penalty shot. I sat and cried a lot after that (I was very young at the time! :lol: ).

chester copperpot

I am at the Solway Sharks v Blackburn Hawks game the night.

Know it's no the NHL but wanted to share nonetheless.

My wee mate is head coach down here and they have just sown up their league by 14 points this season

Edited by chester copperpot

I am at the Solway Sharks v Blackburn Hawks game the night.

Know it's no the NHL but wanted to share nonetheless.

My wee mate is head coach down here and they have just sown up their league by 14 points this season

Nice one. Just reading up on the Sharks there. I remember when the Dumfries Vikings played out of that rink - with Moray Hanson in goal!

• Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • Maple Leaf pinned this topic