NHL playoffs

Jimmy McNulty

When's the draft again? Could be some interesting moves early doors. The Habs have a stack of picks in first three rounds.

A week on Sunday I think. All 7 rounds in one go this year, rather than the first, then the rest the day after.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gershwin

• Chester™

• JamboInSouthsea

• alwaysthereinspirit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A week on Sunday I think. All 7 rounds in one go this year, rather than the first, then the rest the day after.

Surely the Avs will take Mackinnon? Would have been nice to have a top 3 pick this year.

Surely the Avs will take Mackinnon? Would have been nice to have a top 3 pick this year.

Ryan Kennedy Tweeted that a short while ago. Its seems a nap that Mackinnon will go first now. Possibly surprising, considering the lack of depth at D for the Avs, but with Roy's QJMHL links, he'll have a good idea what they'll be getting.

alwaysthereinspirit

Withourt sounding like a total dick.( Even though that was my intention )

Leaving now for the Garden, Go Bruins. Look for me in section (holy $#!t the players look really wee from up here) 305

Leaving now for the Garden, Go Bruins. Look for me in section (holy $#!t the players look really wee from up here) 305

j7.gif

Enjoy the game. Might try and get NESN to mention us.

felix-baumgartner-before-jump-640x354.png

Edited by Gershwin

JamboInSouthsea

Just managed to make at least 1 game...too many early starts and not enough cider to keep going.

Go...somebody!!

What a series this is.....shame there has to be a loser....

Aye, shame it's on so late too. I passed out before it even started and woke up wrestling my laptop.

Looked an awesome game too. Was that you on the goal horn with 40 seconds to go in the 2nd ATIS?

:gok:

Getting a bit sick of the ads on the NHL video site...

I do find these mic'd up vids rather amusing though. All the players turn in to Ric Flair when they score.

alwaysthereinspirit

Looked an awesome game too. Was that you on the goal horn with 40 seconds to go in the 2nd ATIS?

:gok:

Doubt anyone in my section was on TV. Would scare any young kids watching.

Great game for Hawks fans and neutrals though. Never saw 11 goals coming after the first three games.

Doubt anyone in my section was on TV. Would scare any young kids watching.

Great game for Hawks fans and neutrals though. Never saw 11 goals coming after the first three games.

I was meaning the fact that Boston thought they'd scored - even the boy in charge of the goal horn who set it off!

JamboInSouthsea

Well peeved as couldn't keep my eyes open last night...mind you I had been up since about 04.00 the previous morning so not too surprising.

Still, no more early starts so hopefully be able to catch the remaining games without having to go to bed.

Konrad von Carstein

I'm kinda over my initial depression over things relating to the club.....I'm a wee bit more confident about things so

Go Hawks!!

In news away from the playoffs/draft/merrygoround, the Flames arena, The Saddledome, has been affected badly by the floods in Calgary. Apparently the water is so high, its reached the luxury boxes. :o

Konrad von Carstein

Another roller coaster ride expected tonight...going to try and stay up for it but, a wedding yesterday has crashed me....anyway...Go Hawks!!

Another roller coaster ride expected tonight...going to try and stay up for it but, a wedding yesterday has crashed me....anyway...Go Hawks!!

Looking like a fairly quiet night for me tonight so I should be able to make it yas!.gif

That said I am having a beer with an old pal so it could turn interesting.

Edited by Gershwin

God damn my usual provider for internet at my caravan site thing seemed to go out of action at 11, and signing upto bt open has made me realise unblock us don't work with that :(

Managed to watch until the end but I'm completely knackered today. Can't see me lasting for the deciders.

Not the greatest game to be honest. Boston were pretty poor.

Konrad von Carstein

Would like to watch the next game in the hope that Chicago can win the thing....but not on a "school night" I'm afraid :(

Konrad von Carstein

Whooha! Hoping for one of my insomnia attacks tonight - sadly, unlikely after the weekend I've just had..

GO HAWKS!!!!

Edited by Bruce Willis

JamboInSouthsea

Missed last game due to intense inebriation, strong cider followed by Glenfiddich...apparently I drank almost a full bottle (apart from what I spilled) and left party at dawn, made it to pub again by 11 for the rugby (which I ain't that arsed about but hey-ho), hangover free as still steamboats :devilish:

Anyhoo should be up for the duration tonight tho' hopefully not an extended OT effort...only got the 1 bottle of plonk, minimal shrubbery and a curry to keep me going.

Missed last game due to intense inebriation, strong cider followed by Glenfiddich...apparently I drank almost a full bottle (apart from what I spilled) and left party at dawn, made it to pub again by 11 for the rugby (which I ain't that arsed about but hey-ho), hangover free as still steamboats :devilish:

Anyhoo should be up for the duration tonight tho' hopefully not an extended OT effort...only got the 1 bottle of plonk, minimal shrubbery and a curry to keep me going.

:yas:

Not even going to try myself. Way too much to do tomorrow and i can't really function on 3 hours sleep. Shame as I think the cup will be won tonight.

On another note, I was looking at some of the potential first round picks and came across this AMAZING hockey mullet.

raine-kevin.jpg

JamboInSouthsea

Where do you find these horrors of humanity?

On the mullet front have you ever watched that awful show, Renegade...tis mullet central, check it out and be prepared to either piss yerself or vomit?

JamboInSouthsea

Ouch, Blackhawk and blood on the ice, right in the pus.

Edited by JamboInSouthsea

It's fine. Had to shut browser, sign into region first then reopen gcl. That took me 30min to get game on! Bloody having to use on screen keyboard as spilt bevie on laptop and on top of gcl region problem I my speakers decided to not work and needed to 'detect problem' before fixing it. What a faff now watching 10min delay from goal onwards lol.

JamboInSouthsea

Ah the joys of booze etc, a laugh everytime.

Hopefully this game wont go to vast amounts of overtime as on borrowed time me thinks for tonight, sure I can do 3 periods but probably no more.

Ah the joys of booze etc, a laugh everytime.

Hopefully this game wont go to vast amounts of overtime as on borrowed time me thinks for tonight, sure I can do 3 periods but probably no more.

Ken. Might need to tank some whisky now I'm up. Working at 9 but **** it lol.

Dinni be a pussy, you can handle just one more.

JamboInSouthsea

Oh and im live managed to miss intermission perfectly :pleasing:

Always well worth avoiding.

Toews score cracker of SH goal...1 each

Glad I'm no a pro North american sportsman. I would look a bit of a ###### if I didn't shave for 3 months.

JamboInSouthsea

Glad I'm no a pro North american sportsman. I would look a bit of a ###### if I didn't shave for 3 months.

Aye you'd need a mullet and a beard...as previously mentioned...wathc Renegade and have your worsed ferars confirmed

JamboInSouthsea

Lol. Never notice anything like that. Except Toronto habe a tune they play regularly

Is it 'we're sh*t and we know we are' or thereabouts? :lol:

Have to admit my bonce steers itself towards muzak at all times.

Is it 'we're sh*t and we know we are' or thereabouts? :lol:

Have to admit my bonce steers itself towards muzak at all times.

Aye right. If it wasn't for the matter of an unfortunate 5min then we'd be here right now. Lol.

JamboInSouthsea

Only have 1 glass of plonk and 1 ciggy left...is it in my interests to get more booze and tabs?

TBF would take about 10 mins but can I be arsed?

JamboInSouthsea

Aye right. If it wasn't for the matter of an unfortunate 5min then we'd be here right now. Lol.

Tis but a cruel sport...which is why we like it.

JamboInSouthsea

Commentators viewpoint is that it's Crawford winning the game...so often in Stanley Cup it's the keepers who win it all, should probably be paid more.

• Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • Maple Leaf pinned this topic