NHL playoffs

Jimmy McNulty

Chester™
Another pumping for the Pens I see.

Indeed. Sounds like another meltdown. Coach B's job is on the line I reckon.

Still. Its a couple of rounds further than I thought we go. :lol:

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gershwin

• Chester™

• JamboInSouthsea

• alwaysthereinspirit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RE: Designing these hockey kits - I'm going to try and get everyone on here's names on the back of the kits if I can slip it through. Might be in Russian though.

Chester™

RE: Designing these hockey kits - I'm going to try and get everyone on here's names on the back of the kits if I can slip it through. Might be in Russian though.

Thats very kind of you Gersh! :jjyay:

Looks like we're going with Russianised versions of folk from the office. Sorry folks.

Grenchuk #26 looks like he's centring Malkin's line though...

:verysmug:

Looks like we're going with Russianised versions of folk from the office. Sorry folks.

:verysmug:

The away team is in green by the way. They'll be getting thrown about a bit. :lol:

Chester™

:sob:

You'd be doing a better job than fecking Neal and Iginla now that for sure! :lol:

Still a nice suggestion though.:)

:sob:

You'd be doing a better job than fecking Neal and Iginla now that for sure! :lol:

Still a nice suggestion though. :)

Might try and get Geno with a 'Chester's a ######' sign!

Chester™

Might try and get Geno with a 'Chester's a ######' sign!

Nice one. I doubt he'd understand it though. :lol:

Just make sure you can get him doing a 1-5.:thumbsup:

Nice one. I doubt he'd understand it though. :lol:

Just make sure you can get him doing a 1-5. :thumbsup:

We're filming it in Moscow so I'm rather hoping his pal Emelin is around.

Chester™

Not a fan of the new Dallas jerseys. Particularly the logo.

I saw them as well. Absolutely bogging was my first thought. And my second.

I saw them as well. Absolutely bogging was my first thought. And my second.

Poor man's Northstars.

Minnesota%20North%20Stars%2080s%20away.jpg

JamboInSouthsea

Lost the internet AGAIN for a week as engineer forgot to plug us back in..cheers Branson :verymad:

Looks like it's crunch time for the Pens tonight, hopefully be a good game to watch.

JamboInSouthsea

Not too bad a 1st period, entertaining enough from a neutral point of view plus a few fisticuffs.

ATIS, did you go to the game...did I hear the crowd chanting 'Crosby Sucks'?

Chester™

Not too bad a 1st period, entertaining enough from a neutral point of view plus a few fisticuffs.

There were no 'fisticuffs' whatsover in the first period.

Yes they are shouting 'Crosby Sucks' - the most unoriginal chant in the NHL.

JamboInSouthsea

Plenty of argy-bargy tho'

Still, you've got 1 back...funny as commentators were just saying how good Rask is.

Edited by JamboInSouthsea

Hockey fans' chanting is pretty lame in general. I'd love to hear a paedo chant one time :look:

In to 20T now. Only reason i'm up is that i had an overnight hypo after overdoing it at the gym last night!

Edited by Gershwin

alwaysthereinspirit

My daughters used the tickets. they didn't get home till 1.45 and my youngest had school this morning.

My wife and oldest are going Friday. No games for me unfortunately this round.

That was a great game last night for hockey fans. Oh and right now Crosby does suck.

I can see I've posted on this thread before and I think I said the same as what I'm about to say now. But I can't be bothered trying to trawl the thread to see my post(s).

Anyway, I'm definitely getting into this now. I've always found the best way for me to get into a sport is to play a video game to help me get an understanding for it. If I pick it up well enough to play it on the Xbox, then I feel I can pick it up easily to watch it.

So, I'm getting into the game I got so I think I'm ready to apply my interest into following the sport in reality, not just virtually.

I've decided to scrap my love in for the Rangers mainly due to the name.

I got my girlfriend to pick a random team on my game to start a season with and that's who I've decided to adopt as my team.

Pleased to say, I'm a Penguins fan now. :10900:

Anyway, I know it's nearly the end of the season with the Stanley Cup around the corner, but the final test for me to see if I'll be a keen follower come next season is to watch this and see if I enjoy it.

I need educated a wee bit. I know what to expect in terms of the game itself as it's plain to see it's a very physical, and fast played sport. But I need to know a bit more about the NHL rather than just the sport as a whole.

I can see I've posted on this thread before and I think I said the same as what I'm about to say now. But I can't be bothered trying to trawl the thread to see my post(s).

Anyway, I'm definitely getting into this now. I've always found the best way for me to get into a sport is to play a video game to help me get an understanding for it. If I pick it up well enough to play it on the Xbox, then I feel I can pick it up easily to watch it.

So, I'm getting into the game I got so I think I'm ready to apply my interest into following the sport in reality, not just virtually.

I've decided to scrap my love in for the Rangers mainly due to the name.

I got my girlfriend to pick a random team on my game to start a season with and that's who I've decided to adopt as my team.

Pleased to say, I'm a Penguins fan now. :10900:

Anyway, I know it's nearly the end of the season with the Stanley Cup around the corner, but the final test for me to see if I'll be a keen follower come next season is to watch this and see if I enjoy it.

I need educated a wee bit. I know what to expect in terms of the game itself as it's plain to see it's a very physical, and fast played sport. But I need to know a bit more about the NHL rather than just the sport as a whole.

I'd dump the girlfriend.

:sunny:

Looks like the Kings threw that one away. Quick made an arse of that Bickell goal for sure.

Konrad von Carstein

Was watching the highlights of the LA v Chicago game at the Staples Centre and would have loved to have been in that arena last night, sounded amazing. A question for our North American posters (or Gersh & Chester), which NHL stadium is greed to be most atmospheric?

Appreciate that during the playoffs all the rinks will be awesome to be in (capacities from 17-21K) but which one is held in highest regard?

Was watching the highlights of the LA v Chicago game at the Staples Centre and would have loved to have been in that arena last night, sounded amazing. A question for our North American posters (or Gersh & Chester), which NHL stadium is greed to be most atmospheric?

Appreciate that during the playoffs all the rinks will be awesome to be in (capacities from 17-21K) but which one is held in highest regard?

Most of the traditional teams are good. MTL always sounds good watching from afar but on my experiences being in the arena it doesn't compare to a hearts hibs game.

As a long serving and loyal Penguins man, I'm devastated at the poor showing in the play-offs this season.

:lenny:

Must admit it was the crowd reaction to goals that made me ask the question...

Could you imagine a boozy hearts crowd watching hockey? People leaving their seats to celebrate at the glass ala Easter Road/Anfield!!!

As a long serving and loyal Penguins man, I'm devastated at the poor showing in the play-offs this season.

:lenny:

At least you weren't as pish as Montreal.

At least you weren't as pish as Montreal.

Just had a look at their result, was a bit of a bizarre one to be honest.

alwaysthereinspirit

Wednesday I think.....I agree i think it's going to go to 7...Go Hawks!!

Wednesday and Saturday to start.

Good luck. This has the makings of a classic.

Konrad von Carstein

Wednesday and Saturday to start.

Good luck. This has the makings of a classic.

Same to you ATIS, it will mean a heck of a lot more to you given your location and the fact you go to watch the Bruins...I do hope it is a classic and hopefully it is hard fought, evenly matched and won by skill rather than unfortunate individuals making errors.

Same to you ATIS, it will mean a heck of a lot more to you given your location and the fact you go to watch the Bruins...I do hope it is a classic and hopefully it is hard fought, evenly matched and won by skill rather than unfortunate individuals making errors.

Chara OG in game 7 OT please

:jj:

Going to be an epic final! not sure who I want to win, queerhawks west coast, or the east cost (+ve), being bruins who messed us over (-ve)

Just rounding off a five day drinking session and I have a 7am pick up tomorrow so it looks like I'll be missing Game 1.

:seething:

Just rounding off a five day drinking session and I have a 7am pick up tomorrow so it looks like I'll be missing Game 1.

:seething:

:facepalm:

Game wasn't even last night.

• Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • Maple Leaf pinned this topic