Top Posters In This Topic

• Gershwin

• Chester™

• JamboInSouthsea

• alwaysthereinspirit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Konrad von Carstein

Game one of the Lord Stanley Cup finals is upon us.

Lets go Spank them Bruins, Go Hawks!!!!.

FTFY :lol:

alwaysthereinspirit

FTFY :lol:

Dear Morerator, please ban this member for hacking my account.

Yours Sincerely

Bruin Bear

Just woke up, nae alarm. My body must know its Stanley cup final time. :D right in time for 2nd period.

:wow: 2-0

I have to say the queerhawks crowd is utter shite. Maybe I have been spoilt by the superior east coast fans though.

I have myself cheering on the blackhawks though. Maybe cause they've been trailing so far. I'm not sure lol.

It was, Had to bail at the end of the second overtime period as I was getting up at 7am for work and it was pushing 5.30am at that point anyway lol

It was, Had to bail at the end of the second overtime period as I was getting up at 7am for work and it was pushing 5.30am at that point anyway lol

Kind of glad I passed out before midnight. No chance I would have lasted until 6am!

Saturday should be a bit easier although I do have a house party to attend beforehand :jj:

Kind of glad I passed out before midnight. No chance I would have lasted until 6am!

Saturday should be a bit easier although I do have a house party to attend beforehand :jj:

Yeah Saturday will be better imo too, pretty sure missus will moan about it though as I'll be 'too tired' to do stuff the next day, which has never been the case lol.She doesnt mind if im tired at work.

Yeah Saturday will be better imo too, pretty sure missus will moan about it though as I'll be 'too tired' to do stuff the next day, which has never been the case lol.She doesnt mind if im tired at work.

I tend to find having a 2/3 hour nap before face off works quite well. Watching nearly every Montreal game this season certainly took its toll though.

I tend to find having a 2/3 hour nap before face off works quite well. Watching nearly every Montreal game this season certainly took its toll though.

I did! went to sleep at 11, got up at 2 (so missed 1st period actually). and now Im like falling asleep at my desk. lol. Better not be anymore 3+OT midweek again lol

Well done Chicago. I'll be rooting for you in these Finals. :jjyay:

In other good news, Malkin re-ups for 8 years, $76m with the Pens. :pleasing:

That means adios to Letang I reckon...

In even better news, Captain Cingel returns for the Caps :yas:

Various events to commemorate his long service. If one doesnt include retiring his jersey....

Well done Chicago. I'll be rooting for you in these Finals. :jjyay:

In other good news, Malkin re-ups for 8 years, $76m with the Pens. :pleasing:

That means adios to Letang I reckon...

In even better news, Captain Cingel returns for the Caps yas!.gif

Various events to commemorate his long service. If one doesnt include retiring his jersey....

:jjyay:

Martin Cingel and the Edinburgh Capitals just go together so well, and a jersey retirement is the least he deserves. I look forward to paying tribute to the great man at MIR next season.

Martin Cingel and the Edinburgh Capitals just go together so well, and a jersey retirement is the least he deserves. I look forward to paying tribute to the great man at MIR next season.

The only thing that will count against him for jersey retiral is its also Moray Hanson's number.

Cingel said this in his EEN interview:

as I?ve said many times' date=' [b']Edinburgh is my home town[/b], I?m a resident here

I had a lump in my throat. :sob:

Edited by Chester?

Konrad von Carstein

Anyhoo! Back to the Stanley Cup! Have been reading the Chicago papers and the players (from both sides I imagine) are exhausted after last night.

Patrick Sharp played 40 mins overall and was so drained he had to cut short an interview :lol:

I imagine the physios will be earning their crust in both cities over the next few days to have both teams recovered and ready for Saturday!

Anyhoo! Back to the Stanley Cup! Have been reading the Chicago papers and the players (from both sides I imagine) are exhausted after last night.

Patrick Sharp played 40 mins overall and was so drained he had to cut short an interview :lol:

I imagine the physios will be earning their crust in both cities over the next few days to have both teams recovered and ready for Saturday!

I couldnt give a hoot when we are talking about Captain Cingel. Get yourself sorted KvC and know your place. :whistling:

:lol:

Sorry, as you were :)

Thats better.

Now everyone sing along - 'Cingel Shoots, Cingel Scores, Cingel all the Way...':)

Konrad von Carstein

Whoooooaaaaaaaaaoooooooow!!!! Tonight should be good! Will try to stay up for it but I've got my beer drinking baffies on, which usually means crashing on the couch :lol:

Where can I watch game 2 tonight? Would have though it would be on ESPN but its UFC and its college baseball on ESPN America instead also.

Will I have to put up with a link? I'd struggle to see the puck on TV let alone streaming it. :lol:

Konrad von Carstein

ChIcago are going to regret this!!!

Fecking 1-1 when they should have been out of sight :(

Am awfy sleepy

Edited by Bruce Willis

ChIcago are going to regret this!!!

Fecking 1-1 when they should have been out of sight :(

Am awfy sleepy

Ooft.

Shite timing...literally came bounding in the door as the period ended.

Aye. Found myself rooting for bruins there. 7 games each going into overtime please. Want the ###### dying by the end of it. With the Bruins having tears rolling down their faces as they realise all the exhaustion was for nothing :jjyay:

J.T.F.Robertson

Aye. Found myself rooting for bruins there. 7 games each going into overtime please. Want the ###### dying by the end of it. With the Bruins having tears rolling down their faces as they realise all the exhaustion was for nothing :jjyay:

You're a sick man!

:gok:

No Calder for BGally though :seething:

The man who should have won it, wasnt even nominated.

Full list of award winners:

Hart - Ovie :vrface:

Lester B Pearson (Ted Lindsay my arse) - Sidney Crosby. :jjyay:

Norris - PK Slewfoot :vrface:

Vezina - Big Bob :)

Calder - Jonathan Huberdeau :vrface:

Selke (Best Defensive Forward) - Toews

Jack Adams - The Walrus

Lady Byng - Short Arse St Louis

Masterton - Josh Harding (delighted for him :) )

GM of the Year - Ray Shero :jjyay:

Mark Messier Award for Leadership - Alfie

King Clancy - Patrice Bergeron

Hossa scratched last night...

:wtf:

He was injured. I read in a couple of places he might have been going to the hospital but that was downplayed.

In other news:

Jade Portwood re-signs with the Caps:

http://www.edinburgh-capitals.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=683:portwood-push-for-capitals-both-on-and-off-the-ice&catid=2:news&Itemid=7

:yas::pleasing:

Fantastic return for the Caps. Brings top effort every night and is probably the hardest working player I've seen at MIR. Delighted with this news.

And further down the PR, maybe that Crest Sports Group werent as big a bunch of charlatans as were thought?

He was injured. I read in a couple of places he might have been going to the hospital but that was downplayed.

In other news:

Jade Portwood re-signs with the Caps:

http://www.edinburgh-capitals.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=683:portwood-push-for-capitals-both-on-and-off-the-ice&catid=2:news&Itemid=7

:yas::pleasing:

Fantastic return for the Caps. Brings top effort every night and is probably the hardest working player I've seen at MIR. Delighted with this news.

And further down the PR, maybe that Crest Sports Group werent as big a bunch of charlatans as were thought?

I look forward to Jade saving Hearts in between racking up the points for the Caps.

Interesting draft developments:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=425825

Jones has been long thought a stick on for the number one pick. Rumours also abound that they might be interesting in trading the number one pick to the Pens for Letang.

When's the draft again? Could be some interesting moves early doors. The Habs have a stack of picks in first three rounds.

• Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • Maple Leaf pinned this topic