NHL playoffs

Jimmy McNulty

Chara cut by a high stick. Not only no 4 minute penalty for drawing blood but not even a power play cause all the refs missed it. Yeah right. Bar stewards.

yas!.gif

Good win though.

Edited by Gershwin

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gershwin

• Chester™

• JamboInSouthsea

• alwaysthereinspirit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

alwaysthereinspirit

yas!.gif

Good win though.

Cant believe a week ago yesterday with less than 2 minutes to go against Toronto I thought we were done.

Now we have the chance to sweep the next series. I have tickets for Saturday but would rather we take care of business Thursday.

Maybe get some rest.

JamboInSouthsea

Thank feck for that, after a load of horribly early starts I have the morra off so I can watch tonight's game!!!

Hate Ottawa, hey who doesn't, and have no particular gripe against P'burgh...so will be cursing the Sens every move.

Chester™
Canucks dismiss Alain Vigneault. Wonder who they'll go for?

I would not be surprised if Dallas Eakins ends up there. Early chat of possibly Dave Tippett as well.

If we get pumped oot, there might be a swapsie. :lol:

Chara and Rask must have just met yesterday.

What an embarrassment.

I'd blame Alice Goon for that one.

KvC today: :sob:

:lol:

Tried my hardest to find a 'Bruce Willis on the golf course' gif as well.

Annoyingly passed out at the end of regulation last night. Also watched a bit of the Detroit game - really hope they make the finals now, mainly because the time differences won't be so bad. LA and San Jose Quitongo can GTF.

alwaysthereinspirit

At least tomorrows schedule is now set.

Guinness Black Lager, 3.30pm in the Harp.

Lets Go Bruins.

At least tomorrows schedule is now set.

Guinness Black Lager, 3.30pm in the Harp.

Lets Go Bruins.

Still laughing at Rask and Chara. You boys should really have your feet up.

alwaysthereinspirit

Still laughing at Rask and Chara. You boys should really have your feet up.

No $#!t. I'm stuck between being happy to go to another play off game and being p!$$ed off now knowing a win tonight for the Penguins means they get the extra rest period. Last night was a terrible loss.

Chester™

No $#!t. I'm stuck between being happy to go to another play off game and being p!$$ed off now knowing a win tonight for the Penguins means they get the extra rest period. Last night was a terrible loss.

By a whole day? Big whoop!

We need to wait for the West to finish first. :lol:

alwaysthereinspirit

By a whole day? Big whoop!

We need to wait for the West to finish first. :lol:

Assuming your teams wins tonight and on the off chance we don't tomorrow. Big whoop becomes at least 5 days. With the way we're closing out elimination games Penguins could have a week off.

Chester™

Assuming your teams wins tonight and on the off chance we don't tomorrow. Big whoop becomes at least 5 days. With the way we're closing out elimination games Penguins could have a week off.

Im pretty confident you'll go through. There are a lot of 'what if's' here. We could lose tonight, you win and you've got the extra rest.

Of course, there are many people out there who reckon any prolonged rest is counter productive.

Edited by Chester?

Chester™

So after all the worry ATIS, it will just be the extra day! And we still have to wait for the West to get wrapped up.

Konrad von Carstein

Game 7 required all or nothing game at the Madhouse on Madison, from a precarious 3-1 down....I knew Detroit would be right up for this series.

Chester™

In case anyone has missed it, Patrick Roy officially in as the new Avs Coach.

I cannot wait for his bench and press conference antics! :lol:

Chester™

Anyone else having problems getting onto NHL.com? It wont load in anything other than Opera for me.

Anyone else having problems getting onto NHL.com? It wont load in anything other than Opera for me.

Working on Safari for me.

Cannae believe the feckin' Kings won again. Hate them.

Chester™

Working on Safari for me.

Hmmm. Seems to be a fairly common problem for a number of people. I've sent an e-mail to the NHL and see what they say.

alwaysthereinspirit

So after all the worry ATIS, it will just be the extra day! And we still have to wait for the West to get wrapped up.

Saturday it is then. Both teams with a good long rest period. Think its going to be a pretty physical series.

Might be the only way to slow down the Penguins offense. Cant wait.

Saturday it is then. Both teams with a good long rest period. Think its going to be a pretty physical series.

Might be the only way to slow down the Penguins offense. Cant wait.

Should be a great series. Two best teams on paper in the East. Not sure who I want to win although we're shooting our ad with Malkin in July so it would be pretty cool if he'd just won the Cup!

alwaysthereinspirit

Should be a great series. Two best teams on paper in the East. Not sure who I want to win although we're shooting our ad with Malkin in July so it would be pretty cool if he'd just won the Cup!

I'm going to be a selfish bar steward here and hope he's a grumpy, bitter, miserable $#!thead while doing the add.

Sorry.

Konrad von Carstein

yas!.gif

Now all we need is Gershwin to predict that we will be swept and all will be well with the world :lol:

Edited by Bruce Willis

yas!.gif

Now all we need is Gershwin to predict that we will be swept and all will be well with the world :lol:

:lol:

I actually want you to win now for timing purposes!

Chester™
Wait, What?

Pitsbore Celtic paranoia? :tt2:

Nope. NBC and the NHL will be wetting themselves at a Hawks v Pens/Bruins matchup. Higher ratings equals higher revenues for the league.

No paranoia at all. The same would apply if the Red Wings had got through as well. Indeed, there's been a good number of hockey journos saying the same. :)

Edited by Chester?

Konrad von Carstein

I'm only teasing....still in guffy mode after getting through a tough series.

FWIW I think both the Bruins and Penguins will be too strong for either the Hawks or the Kings in the SCF

Chester™
I'm only teasing....still in guffy mode after getting through a tough series.

FWIW I think both the Bruins and Penguins will be too strong for either the Hawks or the Kings in the SCF

Teasing? Never....

I was only detailing the thinking for those who dip in and out. :thumbsup:

Interesting that the 4 Conference Finalists are the last 4 winners.:)

Konrad von Carstein

2-1 Hawks end of 2nd....amazing game, Quick for LA has been immense, as you would hope at this stage of the play-offs two evenly matched teams going at it.

Edited by Bruce Willis

alwaysthereinspirit

Crosby should change his name to a James Bond character. Anyone care to hazard a guess to which one. Here's a clue. She's also a girl.

Crosby should change his name to a James Bond character. Anyone care to hazard a guess to which one. Here's a clue. She's also a girl.

:yas:

What's the big puff been up to now?

Started designing the kits for our Malkin shoot. Trying to get this lovely jersey replicated...

Tony%20with%20Trophy.jpg

Chester™

Started designing the kits for our Malkin shoot. Trying to get this lovely jersey replicated...

Tony%20with%20Trophy.jpg

Tony looking very youthful there! :lol:

alwaysthereinspirit

Tony%20with%20Trophy.jpg

See if you can get him doing a 5 - 1 during the shoot.

Better yet get him in a Hearts top.

• Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • Maple Leaf pinned this topic