• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

frankblack
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Anderson and his wife approached the club about the Save the Children deal, nothing to do with her really. 

Nothing to do with her connections in Edinburgh business circles?  Not so sure.

siegementality
8 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

I’m no fan of i8, I’ve made that pretty clear on here at times, however he does have some very good points despite some of his choice of words.

By the time AB eventually leaves Hearts she will have every penny back and more than she ever put into the club and has made lots of family and friends a pretty penny from the club too.

Don't bury your heads in the sand and ignore the facts due to who posted them.

This is it in a nutshell.

3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Losing 4-3 and failing to break down mostly part time 10 man defences isn’t “brilliant football”......🤣

Are you arguing your case or mine?

35 minutes ago, frankblack said:

And why did they do it?

“The benefactors are wholly supportive of the way in which the club is being rebuilt and the values that underpin its activities,”

Edited by JamboAl

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

A risk worth taking.

Gambling with a club's very existence seems like a good way forward.

Well thought out

A bit like someone down to their last few grand and putting it all on the National Lottery.

frankblack
4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

And why did they do it?

“The benefactors are wholly supportive of the way in which the club is being rebuilt and the values that underpin its activities,”

I don't see how that contradicts what I said.  Oops - thought you were disagreeing.

Edited by frankblack

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

What are his points? 

We're shite

Budge has made a lot of mistakes 

We should be in a better place.

No one is disagreeing with any of the above as far as I can see. 

i8 just repeats the same thing thread after thread without saying anything different or constructive 

:greatpost:

Pasquale for King
52 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You said she brought them on board she didn’t, whether she knew them is neither here nor there she’s not responsible for them giving us millions for her to waste. 

frankblack
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

You said she brought them on board she didn’t, whether she knew them is neither here nor there she’s not responsible for them giving us millions for her to waste. 

The question is whether they came to us because they knew and trusted her through business circles.

In any case, bash on with your negative shite as your straw clutching won't advance your agenda in any way over the summer.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think you're playing semantics here.

Rhey came because of their admiration for the way was run and its values.

That's as good as!

1 hour ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Top trolling....

Oh wait you're being serious. 

No.  It was one of my better trolls.  I8 would admit he sets himself up for trolling.  I'm on his side though.  AB and RN are well past their sell by date. 

How many on here would be disappointed if we learned tomorrow that James Anderson was the new chair and Davidson was the new coach?  I would be sprinting to the fridge to celebrate.

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Hopefully we haven’t finished yet.

As I said on the recent AB poll thread I think it’s time she took a step back and we can get a new chairperson. I can’t see her having no involvement on the board while the club owes her serious money. 

Money that was needed to pay for her mistakes.

Vlad Magic
19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

How many millions?

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The question is whether they came to us because they knew and trusted her through business circles.

In any case, bash on with your negative shite as your straw clutching won't advance your agenda in any way over the summer.

I think it’s you that’s clearly talking shite as per usual and are in the minority. Enjoy your night pal. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Vlad Magic said:

How many millions?

Hard to say, we’ve contributed £60m in her time and she’s spent a third of it on a stand that isn’t finished. She took us back to where we started, would you say she spent that £40m wisely? 

The Tackle

Is i8hibs Bob Jamieson? His style of posting is like his on a Hearts Facebook page I'm on. 

frankblack

I think it’s you that’s clearly talking shite as per usual and are in the minority. Enjoy your night pal. 

I'm not in the minority.  They do say empty vessells make the most noise and there are a small group desperately trying to keep lost causes like this thread and the Neilson one going over the summer.

The net result of both will be zero impact.

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I think you're playing semantics here.

Rhey came because of their admiration for the way was run and its values.

That's as good as!

They wanted to sponsor a team and give money to Save the Children, do we know if they were Hearts fans before they gave us money to waste?

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I'm not in the minority.  They do say empty vessells make the most noise and there are a small group desperately trying to keep lost causes like this thread and the Neilson one going over the summer.

There’s more folk on this thread want her out than are defending her I’m afraid. 
You have no idea how many folk want rid of her. 
We will see when STs go on sale how much impact it makes. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They wanted to sponsor a team and give money to Save the Children, do we know if they were Hearts fans before they gave us money to waste?

Does it matter?

Vlad Magic

Hard to say, we’ve contributed £60m in her time and she’s spent a third of it on a stand that isn’t finished. She took us back to where we started, would you say she spent that £40m wisely? 

When you say “we have contributed” do you mean through FOH contributions or something else?

In fact rather than f about. How do you get a figure of £60 million?

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Does it matter?

Yeah they might’ve gave the money to Hibs instead. 

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

More wishful thinking by you & your ilk on here , folks like you say it's dying out, it's just a small group etc, etc,  and yet, here you are.  The "result"  will be dictated by Neilson : he knows the score and more importantly so does Budge. There's  going to be accountability.

Yeah they might’ve gave the money to Hibs instead. 

But they didn't!

You're trying desperately to make something out of nothing.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

When you say “we have contributed” do you mean through FOH contributions or something else?

In fact rather than f about. How do you get a figure of £60 million?

Keep up eh, someone calculated how much money we’ve contributed including the benefactors and FoH in the last 7 years and it was accepted the figure added up to £60m. 

frankblack
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

More wishful thinking by you & your ilk on here , folks like you say it's dying out, it's just a small group etc, etc,  and yet, here you are.  The "result"  will be dictated by Neilson : he knows the score and more importantly so does Budge. There's  going to be accountability.

Neilson is staying until at least the first round of fixtures.

Budge will step down when the FOH handover takes place.  There is nothing scheduled for that that I'm aware of.

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

There's accountability every year in the annual accounts.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

But they didn't!

You're trying desperately to make something out of nothing.

I’m not making anything but stating a fact with proof that no serious person. can argue with. 

Vlad Magic

Keep up eh, someone calculated how much money we’ve contributed including the benefactors and FoH in the last 7 years and it was accepted the figure added up to £60m. 

So you are basing your argument on a figure of £60 million and therefore a waste of £40 million by Ann Budge on numbers “someone” calculated that apparently have been “accepted”?

Given our turnover as a business is around £14 million and that has been going up from around £8 million when Ann took over I find these figures you are quoting to quite frank “bullshit”.

I suggest you stop taking “someones” figures.

frankblack

I’m not making anything but stating a fact with proof that no serious person. can argue with. 

That is laughable. He already provided a counter to your "proof".

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Budge will step down when the FOH handover takes place.  There is nothing scheduled for that that I'm aware of.

I think some people might be surprised/disappointed at your first paragraph prediction. I’m of the opinion that, unless the first round of fixtures is an unmitigated disaster, he’ll be around for a bit longer than some people think.

davemclaren
22 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Money that was needed to pay for her mistakes.

You could argue that but I would imagine the pandemic impact has worsened the position. 

frankblack
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

You could argue that but I would imagine the pandemic impact has worsened the position. 

That is guaranteed.  Figures won't make for pleasant reading when they are announced.

And I'm stating a fact that they DID invest in HMFC.

The proof is om the jerseys and in the annual accounts.  You'd be as well stating they didn't invest in Glenbuck Cherrypickers but I have no ptoof if that's correct or not.

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Hugely.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

I couldn't care less how long he lasts but more importantly the idea that Budge could/would sack him after the first round of fixtures is laughable but for some weird reason that idea seems to have gained respectability on here  (as a half way-house between the choice sacking or retaining him ?)   If that's all the time she is prepared to give him she should bin him now - but she won't do that and she's banking on FOH inaction (via fan apathy/fear) to  retain her position of influence. 

I'm perfectly well aware of when Budge will relinquish ownership (I note there is STILL no date set for that) and FOH are saying absolutely nothing to the donors on the matter - I'm more concerned with when she will be  removed from office & influence. Her time was up a long time ago. 

Alec Eiffel

I cannot take this continual bickering for the whole summer long.  It is what it is.  Is there nothing else to argue over until the season opens or at least until the club return from its holidays.

I must go and find another forum to frequent for a few weeks.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, frankblack said:

More myths, can you show us any proof of anyone stating that she’s stepping down when the handover takes place and who is going to be Chairman? 
Because Budge has said time and time again that’s she’s going nowhere, her alleged pals the benefactors have said they will continue to back the club for the next five years if she’s in charge. 

Vlad Magic

I’m interested in this “wasting OUR” money statement that’s been peddled out recently.

As far as I can tell we haven’t ran up any gambling debts?

Haven’t been caught buying caviar topped pizzas?

Investing in shares in chocolate fire guards?

Thats wasting money.

The playing budget has been determined by our turnover since Ann took over. Not by FOH contributions.

The only “our money” anybody on here could have any argument as being “theirs” and even then it’s a pathetic argument is FOH contributions which have not been used in the playing budget.

£40 million of “our money” WASTED??

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Tasavallan

I am not disagreeing with the OP, it's just that I cannot abide him and have him on IGNORE.

11 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

So you are basing your argument on a figure of £60 million and therefore a waste of £40 million by Ann Budge on numbers “someone” calculated that apparently have been “accepted”?

Given our turnover as a business is around £14 million and that has been going up from around £8 million when Ann took over I find these figures you are quoting to quite frank “bullshit”.

It was reported in the press that James Anderson has given £9 million to Hearts. 

frankblack
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

More myths, can you show us any proof of anyone stating that she’s stepping down when the handover takes place and who is going to be Chairman? 
Because Budge has said time and time again that’s she’s going nowhere, her alleged pals the benefactors have said they will continue to back the club for the next five years if she’s in charge. 

I really don't care.  Ask FOH.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Not one person apart from you has questioned the £60m figure, it was widely accepted last month when most folk apart from you saw the calculations. Off the top of my head STs are worth £4-5m, FoH £12m, Benefactors £9m that’s well over £50m in 7 years. Not to good at the old Arithmetic are you. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I’m interested in this “wasting OUR” money statement that’s been peddled out recently.

As far as I can tell we haven’t ran up any gambling debts?

Haven’t been caught buying caviar topped pizzas?

Investing in shares in chocolate fire guards?

Thats wasting money.

The playing budget has been determined by our turnover since Ann took over. Not by FOH contributions.

The only “our money” anybody on here could have any argument as being “theirs” and even then it’s a pathetic argument is FOH contributions which have not been used in the playing budget.

£40 million of “our money” WASTED??

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Who did you think gives the club that money? Hibs fans?

Could you list some of the value we’ve had for the money we’ve put in?

Edited by Pasquale for King

4 minutes ago, Alec Eiffel said:

I cannot take this continual bickering for the whole summer long.  It is what it is.  Is there nothing else to argue over until the season opens or at least until the club return from its holidays.

I must go and find another forum to frequent for a few weeks.

Au revoir! 

Malinga the Swinga
27 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

Is i8hibs Bob Jamieson? His style of posting is like his on a Hearts Facebook page I'm on. 

According to his fans on here, he is the messiah. Those like myself, and plenty of others who are bright enough to not bite on his relentless trolling, are heretics for not falling at his feet. 

Can't be Bob Jamieson though, Bob Jamieson is a Hearts fan. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, Percival King said:

We weren't "rock bottom". We'd have been rock bottom if no-one had stepped in to take us out of administration and would therefore have gone into liquidation, i.e.the same way as Rangers and numerous other now clubs which have been consigned to history. I can't recall too many folk queuing up to take us out of administration thus saving us from going out of business. The past few years have been a shambles and I share many people's disappointment in Budge and in what's happened over the last few years but we can't rewrite history - who else was out there to save us from going out of business?

Perhaps I8 and his little gang would have stepped in. 

In reality, we would have been liquidated, no club and no ground. Still, wouldn't have had Robbie as manager or Mrs B as owner so in their eyes, and that of Hibs fans everywhere, maybe a price worth paying. 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Gambling with a club's very existence seems like a good way forward.

Well thought out

A bit like someone down to their last few grand and putting it all on the National Lottery.

I said that in jest. It is a no brainer sure thing. Anyone will know football more than Budge.