The monumental loser Ann Budge FAIL FAIL FAIL

i8hibsh

David Black
42 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

:rofl:

Obviously the "going somewhere nice on holiday this year?" chat is difficult at the moment, but ffs.

I for one can't wait for the next instalment of 'Wee Mikey's Hibby barber's musings on I8'.

That reminds me of the joke, "how would you like your hair cut?" Reply "in silence".

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

King Of The Cat Cafe
36 minutes ago, sadj said:

Check that inclusivity there , womenses can be barbers too or barbars , not sure if thats inappropriate in todays world though implying womenses can be elephants 🤔

you did forgot “they” however.

Also as for vermin on JKB isnt there a lot of them? 

Definitely (or even definately) women can be Berbers, too.

Used to be a place in a town I know that had a 'Barbars Shop and Ladie's Hair Salon'.

Edited by King Of The Cat Cafe

Just now, David Black said:

That reminds me of the joke, "how would you like your hair cut?" Reply "in silence".

Always gotta be a Lionel Blair cut.

Never known of a female barber but as previously stated the last time I was in one was the year 2000.

been here before
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Never known of a female barber but as previously stated the last time I was in one was the year 2000.

You not having had your hole for 20+ years comes as no surprise. 

Thouhht it would have been far longer.

May one-six
14 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

I'll see your Tony Allen and raise you Terry A La Berry.

Kudos, but I'm persisting in flying the flag for Afrobeat.

2 minutes ago, sassenach said:

While I believe that it is time for Mrs Budge to hand over the reins at Hearts, I feel that a bit of balance might be required here.

When Mrs Budge initially put up the money to buy Hearts out of administration, would any Hearts fan with a crystal ball have said "no thanks, the next 7 years are mainly going to be shit, I'd rather let the club die"?

When Hearts were in admin, Mrs Budge was the only show in town apart from that Italian shyster (I've forgotten his name).  It's fine for folk to say that she'll end up with more than her money back, or that her family have also gained business through her, but when all came to all there was nobody else prepared to put the cash up front as she did.  So to a degree we need to accept any negatives, as they are simply the other side of the same coin.

I also believe that she has been let down by other people. She has always been open about not having football knowledge herself, so in the main she tried to leave the football side of things to Craig Levein.  It's easy with hindsight to say that she made many errors relating to Levein, but if I had been in her position someone with Levein's background is exactly the type of person that I would have been turning to.  We can say that Mrs Budge held onto Levein for too long, but to be fair to her I can understand why she hoped that things might turn back around after a table-topping opening round of games followed by a cup final.  We can criticise her because the decline under Levein was ultimately not arrested, but again that's with hindsight.

I would hope that Mrs Budge has now recognised that she is not the person to take Hearts forward as a football club, and that she has some kind of exit strategy.  She certainly doesn't need the hassle of trying for any longer.  When she does step aside though, I for one will remember her with respect rather than disdain.  For all her faults, I believe that she has tried her best, and she was still better than any alternative.

She is the least suitable person to be running a football club.  It is not personal to her she just has no ****ing clue about football.  It is like Desperate Dan becoming a Wedding Planner.

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, sassenach said:

While I believe that it is time for Mrs Budge to hand over the reins at Hearts, I feel that a bit of balance might be required here.

When Mrs Budge initially put up the money to buy Hearts out of administration, would any Hearts fan with a crystal ball have said "no thanks, the next 7 years are mainly going to be shit, I'd rather let the club die"?

When Hearts were in admin, Mrs Budge was the only show in town apart from that Italian shyster (I've forgotten his name).  It's fine for folk to say that she'll end up with more than her money back, or that her family have also gained business through her, but when all came to all there was nobody else prepared to put the cash up front as she did.  So to a degree we need to accept any negatives, as they are simply the other side of the same coin.

I also believe that she has been let down by other people. She has always been open about not having football knowledge herself, so in the main she tried to leave the football side of things to Craig Levein.  It's easy with hindsight to say that she made many errors relating to Levein, but if I had been in her position someone with Levein's background is exactly the type of person that I would have been turning to.  We can say that Mrs Budge held onto Levein for too long, but to be fair to her I can understand why she hoped that things might turn back around after a table-topping opening round of games followed by a cup final.  We can criticise her because the decline under Levein was ultimately not arrested, but again that's with hindsight.

I would hope that Mrs Budge has now recognised that she is not the person to take Hearts forward as a football club, and that she has some kind of exit strategy.  She certainly doesn't need the hassle of trying for any longer.  When she does step aside though, I for one will remember her with respect rather than disdain.  For all her faults, I believe that she has tried her best, and she was still better than any alternative.

Buying the club didn't give her carte blanche to make a rip roaring arse of things. 

David Black
5 minutes ago, sassenach said:

A very good post. Her problems have been CL made such an erse of it and since then she has got to involved in the football side, which she has admitted she was clueless about and clearly still is. She has done as much as she can and we should all be grateful for that, but she has to step aside now. She is not a stupid woman and must realise that the gulf between her and the support is to great to heal.

Does she even need replaced?  Not being funny but does she?  

If she was to step aside tomorrow and no one replaced her - what would be the issue?  

We have plenty people in place now.

Maple Leaf
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I've not been to a barber in 20 years but if I did he wouldn't be a ****ing Hibee!

The softness about our Club is starting to rub off on you!

What's this "Hibee" crap?

They're vermin, as all PHM know.

Fitzroy Pointon
30 minutes ago, been here before said:

You not having had your hole for 20+ years comes as no surprise. 

Thouhht it would have been far longer.

:laugh2:

1 minute ago, Maple Leaf said:

The softness about our Club is starting to rub off on you!

What's this "Hibee" crap?

They're vermin, as all PHM know.

Get with the program ML - I am a die hard Hibs supporter.

Just now, sassenach said:

So 7 years ago, who do you think should have put up the money to buy the club out of admin?

I agree that Mrs Budge is not the most suitable person to run a football club, but there was literally nobody else putting their hand up.  The alternative was to lose the club, the ground, the lot!

While most of the last 7 years haven't been great, and some has been shit, there really wasn't an alternative.

Obviously she played a part in our salvation but for her to have continued this charade for 8 years is just scandelous. She must know how much harm she is doing and with every day she is doing more harm.

If she cared she would have stepped aside on day 1 and let the big boys do it.  Her money was not going to be at risk - it is just ego that keeps her here.

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Lucky you. I'm a Hibs AND a Rangers supporter according to some of the moon howlers on here. 

Maple Leaf
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Yeah, I've seen those daft accusations.  I don't always agree with what you say, and I frequently disagree with how you say it, but if you were vermin you'd be laughing, not raging! :thumb:

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Lucky you. I'm a Hibs AND a Rangers supporter according to some of the moon howlers on here. 

What about a knuckle dragger though - I wear that badge with pride too

:sob:

Edited by i8hibsh

2 minutes ago, sassenach said:

So 7 years ago, who do you think should have put up the money to buy the club out of admin?

I agree that Mrs Budge is not the most suitable person to run a football club, but there was literally nobody else putting their hand up.  The alternative was to lose the club, the ground, the lot!

While most of the last 7 years haven't been great, and some has been shit, there really wasn't an alternative.

I don’t think this should be overlooked but we need to look forward. No revisionism necessary to realise we need a change. She’s done a great job bringing money into the club but there’s little point when we can’t get it right on the pitch. 

41 minutes ago, sassenach said:

Agree

1 hour ago, sassenach said:

For me, the big error was when it came to replacing Cathro.  It was the statement made about excellent applications being received, only for the job to go to Levein, resulting in Levein being manager, coach, Dof and with a place on the Board.  Leaving Levein in place despite how bad the football became was the next mistake.  Taking forever to appoint a replacement and then secure his backroom staff was next.  Replacing Stendel with Neilson was a surprise but unbelievably uninspiring.  Not reading the mood of the majority of the support by loaning players to teams who'd voted us out of the league...

I'll be forever grateful for Mrs Budge's role in securing the existence of the club and was excited by her early ambition and vision.  We have a new stand in place and that was a huge development for the club.  But the bottom line is that Hearts needs to be a successful team on the field.  At the moment, we are not that.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Hearts women Team 8 years into the Budge era:

1   Glasgow City 14 13 0 1 53 11 +42 39 WWWWW  
2 Previous rank: 3 Celtic 14 11 1 2 48 11 +37 34 WWWWW  
3 Previous rank: 2 Rangers 14 11 0 3 53 6 +47 33 LWWLW  
4   Spartans 14 7 0 7 19 23 -4 21 WLWWL  
5   Hibernian 14 6 0 8 31 22 +9 18 WWLLL  
6   Forfar Farmington 14 3 2 9 16 55 -39 11 LLLLD  
7   Motherwell 14 2 0 12 12 56 -44 6 LLLWL  
8   Hearts 14 1 1 12 5 53 -48 4  

Bottom 

Scottish Premier League 8 years into the Budge era:

# Team Pl W D L F A GD Pts Last 6
1 Rangers 36 30 6 0 85 13 72 96

2 Celtic 36 21 10 5 74 29 45 73

3 Hibernian 36 17 8 11 47 35 12 59

4 Aberdeen 36 15 11 10 36 33 3 56

5 St. Johnstone 36 11 11 14 36 42 -6 44

6 Livingston 36 12 8 16 42 51 -9 44

7 Motherwell 36 12 8 16 36 51 -15 44

8 St Mirren 36 11 10 15 34 42 -8 43

9 Dundee United 36 10 12 14 30 48 -18 42

10 Ross County 36 9 6 21 31 64 -33 33

11 Kilmarnock 36 9 5 22 38 51 -13 32

12 Hamilton Academical 36 7 9 20 33 63 -30 30

Not Competed

Youth wise, well it is hard to gauge now due to no Celtic or Rangers but we have not faired well in the develpoment league since around 2012

Can’t read all that due to the formatting but bottom of the SWPL is their highest position ever as I think this is their first season in the top flight. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Can’t read all that due to the formatting but bottom of the SWPL is their highest position ever as I think this is their first season in the top flight. 

Is there relegation?

Regardless of it being their first season they should be doing a heck of a lot better due to their resourcing.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Is there relegation?

Regardless of it being their first season they should be doing a heck of a lot better due to their resourcing.

No relegation this season.

Think they have a 5 year plan so should all work out fine. 🤔

Hackney Hearts

She is the least suitable person to be running a football club.  

That's simply not true. I can think of dozens of more dangerous owners - the Glazers and their ilk, Jesus Gil, Sullivan & Gold, Vladimir Romanov, etc etc etc etc etc

(and none of them women, bizarrely)

i8 wasn't spending a penny on Hearts as far back as 2011, well before Budge. His issue is with women being in charge. Must go back to his childhood. He should seek help.

31 minutes ago, Haken said:

For me, the big error was when it came to replacing Cathro.  It was the statement made about excellent applications being received, only for the job to go to Levein, resulting in Levein being manager, coach, Dof and with a place on the Board.  Leaving Levein in place despite how bad the football became was the next mistake.  Taking forever to appoint a replacement and then secure his backroom staff was next.  Replacing Stendel with Neilson was a surprise but unbelievably uninspiring.  Not reading the mood of the majority of the support by loaning players to teams who'd voted us out of the league...

I'll be forever grateful for Mrs Budge's role in securing the existence of the club and was excited by her early ambition and vision.  We have a new stand in place and that was a huge development for the club.  But the bottom line is that Hearts needs to be a successful team on the field.  At the moment, we are not that.

Agree.

The Cathro experiment was just that. It was clear it was a bad error yet he got the start of the next season. The circus of appointing CL was when it became clear AB was in over her head.

davemclaren
24 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Is there relegation?

How does their resourcing compare to the other teams?

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

How does their resourcing compare to the other teams?

Yeah, i'd say Hearts resources are top half of that league.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Yeah, i'd say Hearts resources are top half of that league.

Why would you say that? 

22 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

i8 wasn't spending a penny on Hearts as far back as 2011, well before Budge. His issue is with women being in charge. Must go back to his childhood. He should seek help.

Aaprt from the 50 or so games I have attended since 2011, the several European trips (London, Liverpool, Estonia) in this time and the 4 years as a contributor to FoH (my name is on the t-shirt) you are correct.  I have also bought a few tops since then too.

As for the women being in charge this would be a valid argument if the fact was not that I was very much in the Budge camp and on on her triain at the very start (go back to the first Budge thread from 2014).  Or of course that my favourite politician ever was Margaret Thatcher and I greatly respect the Queen.

In conclusion I will give you a big fat FAIL for your post.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Why would you say that? 

They have a full time manager, they trian with Hearts facilities, they have had generous pay outs from FoH and seemingly benefactor support also.  You think Ferranti Thistle and Framlington Lidl get that?

31 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

That's simply not true. I can think of dozens of more dangerous owners - the Glazers and their ilk, Jesus Gil, Sullivan & Gold, Vladimir Romanov, etc etc etc etc etc

(and none of them women, bizarrely)

Teams won and win under all them.

davemclaren
Just now, i8hibsh said:

They have a full time manager, they trian with Hearts facilities, they have had generous pay outs from FoH and seemingly benefactor support also.  You think Ferranti Thistle and Framlington Lidl get that?

I’m not aware of any FoH payouts to them and would be interested in seeing some figures for the funding of the teams. 

Broxburn Jambo

Obviously she played a part in our salvation but for her to have continued this charade for 8 years is just scandelous. She must know how much harm she is doing and with every day she is doing more harm.

If she cared she would have stepped aside on day 1 and let the big boys do it.  Her money was not going to be at risk - it is just ego that keeps her here.

What Big Boys?????

Just now, davemclaren said:

I’m not aware of any FoH payouts to them and would be interested in seeing some figures for the funding of the teams. 

It has been confirmed that 1p in every £1 has been spent on them.  I would say that was conservative also.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Does Andy Kirk's wages count as funding? 

2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

It was especially for i8 as I know how passionate he/she is about gender equality...

I know , i appreciated it 🤣👌🏻

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Is that the experience that traumatised you to your irrational dislike of women. Therapy is available 😉

Captain Lithuania
3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'm more embarrassed for the vermin barber who reads Kickback so much that he/she knows who i8 is.

To be fair he is our Sergey though. 

davemclaren
20 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Does Andy Kirk's wages count as funding? 

He’s not paid by FoH as far as I know. 

davemclaren
21 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It has been confirmed that 1p in every £1 has been spent on them.  I would say that was conservative also.

Never seen that, is that on their website? If that’s true it would mean FoH contribute about £10k per year. 

10 minutes ago, sadj said:

Is that the experience that traumatised you to your irrational dislike of women. Therapy is available 😉

I absolutely love women thanks.  

Tennant's  6's
2 hours ago, sassenach said:

Good Post. 

I live in hope that some Hearts minded business people have also had enough of the shambles & complete nothingness that our club has become and take over from the current incumbents and give us our pride & edge back. 

Tennant's  6's
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

That's the thing, she seems to care more about positive PR re the Big Hearts charity/ community projects and reviews of the bloomin restaurant. 

Results & performances of the football dept don't seen to have any more importance placed upon them. If they did then Levein, Neilson, Arnott would've been punted 

2 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

That's the thing, she seems to care more about positive PR re the Big Hearts charity/ community projects and reviews of the bloomin restaurant. 

Results & performances of the football dept don't seen to have any more importance placed upon them. If they did then Levein, Neilson, Arnott would've been punted 

She certianly had a globalist attitude from day 1.  Was always think and care more about outside than inside.  Absolutely light years away from what football fans require.  

Edited by i8hibsh

Forever Hearts
12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He’s not paid by FoH as far as I know. 

No, I didn't think he was. But who pays his wages? And does it count as funding towards the womens team? I doubt anybody outside the Old Firm are paying their manager what Andy Kirk gets.  

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

No, I didn't think he was. But who pays his wages? And does it count as funding towards the womens team? I doubt anybody outside the Old Firm are paying their manager what Andy Kirk gets.  

Based on what?

To suggest Forfar Framlington have a well paid manager is to suggest Glenpark and Salveson have one.  It will be unpaid in the main.

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

To suggest Forfar Framlington have a well paid manager is to suggest Glenpark and Salveson have one.  It will be unpaid in the main.

They seem to be the only top level team north of the central belt but, unlike you, I have no great interest in women’s football so don’t have any information that’s not purely based on assumptions. 🤷‍♂️

Just now, davemclaren said:

They seem to be the only top level team north of the central belt but, unlike you, I have no great interest in women’s football so don’t have any information that’s not purely based on assumptions. 🤷‍♂️

Women hater!

Sexist!

Misogynist!

:rofl: