The monumental loser Ann Budge FAIL FAIL FAIL

i8hibsh

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

But all you are responding to and contributing is attacks on other users.  You have no substance to contribute to the subject matter.

Thought you weren't engaging anymore. 

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Displacement of Budge - that is all I can say for sure.  I have no idea who the best person for the job is.  All I hope for is that they are a real proper ruthless son of a bitch as we really need it.

TBF it's not really much of a plan is it ?

People might take you more seriously if you brought more to the table than "I hate Budge"

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Thought you weren't engaging anymore. 

I think you should find another forum that fits how you feel about Hearts because this place is very much wanting change on all levels. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Dave the old adage is -

‘It’s not where you start it’s where you finish’

And look where we ended up! 🤷‍♂️

Hopefully we haven’t finished yet.

As I said on the recent AB poll thread I think it’s time she took a step back and we can get a new chairperson. I can’t see her having no involvement on the board while the club owes her serious money. 

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

He is entitled to give his opinions on football. TBH I find your brand of personal sarcasm more destructive on here. 

Good for you. I don't care what you think. Negative post after negative post with nothing positive to break up monotony. 

Hearts win and we read nothing from op. Hearts lose and he's all over it. 

16 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Never mind the “continual” bit!

Hibs will finish 3rd in the Premier League, guaranteed Europe and have a great chance 🤮 of winning the Scottish Cup!

Where has Budge’s tenure led us to date? 😏

Never mind the "continual" bit?

It's the bit that I have a problem with, nothing else just that bit.

Anyway, I8 has admitted it's not the case and we can all move on. 👍

Just now, The Treasurer said:

TBF it's not really much of a plan is it ?

People might take you more seriously if you brought more to the table than "I hate Budge"

But this is the source of all our problems.  As far as I can see we have pretty much everything in place infrastructularly (if even a word) we just need the right person to get it going.

Once Budge is replaced we then need a good scouting network - not even greedy enough to demand an excellent one - good is a huge step up for us.

We need to change our entire mentlaity - **** being nice.

No more Mr Nice Guy!

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think you should find another forum that fits how you feel about Hearts because this place is very much wanting change on all levels. 

Nope, going nowhere. A tiny percentage of relentlessly negative posters think they can set agenda. 

Hopefully we win first couple of games next season and that will shut them up, because when we win, they seem to be remarkably silent. 

If we change manager or owner, so what, I still want us to win every game.

I don't support Mrs Budge, I don't support Neilson, all I support is Hearts. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

But this is the source of all our problems.  As far as I can see we have pretty much everything in place infrastructularly (if even a word) we just need the right person to get it going.

Once Budge is replaced we then need a good scouting network - not even greedy enough to demand an excellent one - good is a huge step up for us.

We need to change our entire mentlaity - **** being nice.

No more Mr Nice Guy!

Who put infrastructure in place? 

Robbo-Jambo
4 hours ago, martoon said:

As things stand, R-J, she's not getting mine. Not upfront, anyway.

Quite capable of pissing it up against the wall myself. 😊

😅 Feel exactly the same mate. 

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, David Black said:

Maybe FF could clarify where we stand in this. My take is that FoH will own around 79% of the shares, people like you and me own around 4% the rest by Ann. The members instruct the FoH board what they want them to do. What needs clarified is the point you make regarding her right to remain on the board. If that right is in company law, then we are indeed stuck with her until the debt is paid, but if it is no more than her/FoH would prefer, then we can vote her off. 

I’m only going on what FF and others have said in other threads, I don’t think it’s law but it’s an accepted rule apparently. 
Im sure he would be able to explain the situation better than I can obviously.,

11 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Nope, going nowhere. A tiny percentage of relentlessly negative posters think they can set agenda. 

Hopefully we win first couple of games next season and that will shut them up, because when we win, they seem to be remarkably silent. 

If we change manager or owner, so what, I still want us to win every game.

I don't support Mrs Budge, I don't support Neilson, all I support is Hearts. 

I comment on good and bad, win, lose or draw, so you can stick your “remarkably silent” dross.....oops I forgot you don’t care what I think! 😉

davemclaren
23 minutes ago, David Black said:

You missed the bit about seeing us digress year on year until we were relegated and the millions she has wasted due to poor decisions she has made regarding the football department which she did admit to 7 years ago knew nothing about, and clearly still doesn't but continues to get involved in them.

That wasn’t what was being discussed. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I comment on good and bad, win, lose or draw, so you can stick your “remarkably silent” dross.....oops I forgot you don’t care what I think! 😉

Not sure I said you didn't, but you are right, I don't care. 

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, David Black said:

Maybe FF could clarify where we stand in this. My take is that FoH will own around 79% of the shares, people like you and me own around 4% the rest by Ann. The members instruct the FoH board what they want them to do. What needs clarified is the point you make regarding her right to remain on the board. If that right is in company law, then we are indeed stuck with her until the debt is paid, but if it is no more than her/FoH would prefer, then we can vote her off. 

I’m only going on what FF and others have said in other threads, I don’t think it’s law but it’s an accepted rule apparently. 

David Black
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If you are right then rules are there to be broken. We could have a legally binding agreement that we owe Ann the £3.1 million you refer to and set a timescale for paying her back. It could all be done quite amicably if both sides wished.

Footballfirst
11 minutes ago, David Black said:

FOH - 75.35%

Bidco - 17.36%

Small shareholders - the rest

AB does not have a "right" to be on the club Board but, given her shareholding, she should be offered the opportunity of a place on the Board if she wants it. 

In general terms, you don't want to piss off a shareholder that that sort of holding, as it is possible that they could become obstructive if denied a place, e.g. raising motions at EGMs/AGMs, forcing votes, audits etc.  Being in debt to that shareholder would also be a major consideration, as you wouldn't want debts to be called in.

For all we have talked about, but ultimately ignored, governance regarding FOH.  It is the governance of the Club that has been lacking over the last 7 years.  A single individual who is majority shareholder, chairman of the Board, CEO and the largest creditor of a PLC is a desperately poor arrangement, that results in a lack of accountability as long as that continues.

AB is therefore ultimately responsible for everything that has happened to the club over the last 7 years, both good and bad. Some people will focus on the good and others on the bad.  My personal belief is that the club is in worse shape now that it should have been given the resources it has had.  The aim of any owner/chairman/CEO should be to improve the performance of the business year on year.  Hearts core business performance (1st team football) has patently failed to deliver for too long, so change at the top is essential.  

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, David Black said:

If you are right then rules are there to be broken. We could have a legally binding agreement that we owe Ann the £3.1 million you refer to and set a timescale for paying her back. It could all be done quite amicably if both sides wished.

We could but I don’t she would be too happy to be forcibly removed, not sure whether a repayment plan is in place as she’s thinks she’s bulletproof so may not have one. Look at the way she spoke about Neilson being with us for 3 years, as a self admitted control freak I just can’t see her sloping off into the background. 

Percival King

We weren't "rock bottom". We'd have been rock bottom if no-one had stepped in to take us out of administration and would therefore have gone into liquidation, i.e.the same way as Rangers and numerous other now clubs which have been consigned to history. I can't recall too many folk queuing up to take us out of administration thus saving us from going out of business. The past few years have been a shambles and I share many people's disappointment in Budge and in what's happened over the last few years but we can't rewrite history - who else was out there to save us from going out of business?

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

FOH - 75.35%

Bidco - 17.36%

AB does not have a "right" to be on the club Board but, given her shareholding, she should be offered the opportunity of a place on the Board if she wants it. 

In general terms, you don't want to piss off a shareholder that that sort of holding, as it is possible that they could become obstructive if denied a place, e.g. raising motions at EGMs/AGMs, forcing votes, audits etc.  Being in debt to that shareholder would also be a major consideration, as you wouldn't want debts to be called in.

For all we have talked about, but ultimately ignored, governance regarding FOH.  It is the governance of the Club that has been lacking over the last 7 years.  A single individual who is majority shareholder, chairman of the Board, CEO and the largest creditor of a PLC is a desperately poor arrangement, that results in a lack of accountability as long as that continues.

AB is therefore ultimately responsible for everything that has happened to the club over the last 7 years, both good and bad. Some people will focus on the good and others on the bad.  My personal belief is that the club is in worse shape now that it should have been given the resources it has had.  The aim of any owner/chairman/CEO should be to improve the performance of the business year on year.  Hearts core business performance (1st team football) has patently failed to deliver for too long, so change at the top is essential.  

Thanks for that, what’s your thoughts on the actual process of the FoH voting her off the board? 

27 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

It could finish up as change for the worse

What change precisely do you want that would guarantee improvemenr?

It's okay being wise after the event!

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Percival King said:

We weren't "rock bottom". We'd have been rock bottom if no-one had stepped in to take us out of administration and would therefore have gone into liquidation, i.e.the same way as Rangers and numerous other now clubs which have been consigned to history. I can't recall too many folk queuing up to take us out of administration thus saving us from going out of business. The past few years have been a shambles and I share many people's disappointment in Budge and in what's happened over the last few years but we can't rewrite history - who else was out there to save us from going out of business?

I don’t think anyone is arguing that, should we just let her keep making mistakes that cost us millions?

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Awbdy Oot said:

You're completely ignoring the word "continual".

Hibs have not continually improved in the last 7 years. Much like Craig Levein hadn't continually improved us when he momentarily had us at the top of the league a couple of seasons ago.

Who cares if it's continual? The bottom line is they've improved, continual or not. 

The Gorgie

Has anyone put anything forward to fight against i8s points? Or is it just the usual attack the poster while ignoring what he's saying is right?

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Thanks for that, what’s your thoughts on the actual process of the FoH voting her off the board? 

I can't see it happening, without the FOH Board resigning en masse first, such is FOH's relationship with AB.

We could also see the Club Board also resigning en masse, given that AB has pretty well hand picked them as people she trusts to do her bidding.

I'd prefer that AB steps back willingly and allows a new Club Board to act independently of any shareholder, although accountable to the shareholders in terms of KPIs, Objectives, Results or other measures as they see fit.   

9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It could finish up as change for the worse

What change precisely do you want that would guarantee improvemenr?

It's okay being wise after the event!

A risk worth taking.

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bobmeister done it last time

If previous history is the only yard stick then why did Craig Levein not have us 3rd 2 years in a row - he done it last time after all so it was a shoe in he'd repeat the feat surely...

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

We matched celtic and Hibs with this season's team. 

We also got outplayed by Brora Rangers with this season's team.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I can't see it happening, without the FOH Board resigning en masse first, such is FOH's relationship with AB.

We could also see the Club Board also resigning en masse, given that AB has pretty well hand picked them as people she trusts to do her bidding.

I'd prefer that AB steps back willingly and allows a new Club Board to act independently of any shareholder, although accountable to the shareholders in terms of KPIs, Objectives, Results or other measures as they see fit.   

Yeah I don’t see it happening either. 
We can only hope she will step back willingly. 

Percival King
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think anyone is arguing that, should we just let her keep making mistakes that cost 

I think there are folk who don't recognise that. No doubt I'll be accused of being an apologist for Budge, which I'm absolutely not, but to call her a monumental loser, that's pathetic. Unfortunately there are some people that seem to have difficulty recognising that folk, like Budge, are capable of being both good and being bad for the club during their tenure. I think most of our owners in the past 40 years have been such.

9 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

Has anyone put anything forward to fight against i8s points? Or is it just the usual attack the poster while ignoring what he's saying is right?

The JKB mafia play the man not the ball - it has always been thus.

1 minute ago, Percival King said:

I think there are folk who don't recognise that. No doubt I'll be accused of being an apologist for Budge, which I'm absolutely not, but to call her a monumental loser, that's pathetic. Unfortunately there are some people that seem to have difficulty recognising that folk, like Budge, are capable of being both good and being bad for the club during their tenure. I think most of our owners in the past 40 years have been such.

This is true however Budge’s bad decisions are pretty much all football related.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Percival King said:

Agreed, that’s the nicest thing he’s ever said about her though.
She’s definitely had more mistakes than successes in my opinion. 

7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

As it so painfully seems, this catastrophic disaster is not going anywhere.  So we now sleepwalk into our 8th season under this monumental failure and I am sure deep down we all know exactly how next season will pan out.

When this monumental failure stepped in on the back of fans pledges, Hearts and Hibs had both hit rock bottom.  Hearts came out of the traps the quickest but alas it seemed just a short fast dash.

Since then we have been walking backwards as we have watched Hibs win the Scottish cup for the first time in 114 years (or whatever it was) and just finish above us for the 4th season in a row (first time since the 1970s) and in all painful likelihood win another Scottish Cup and enjoy the European football it brings.

Every season seems to bring another unwanted records and failures for us.  If it is not our worst run of results in our history, worst results in our history, unforgivable recruitment, losing court battles, relegation, hammerings to teams like Livingston, haemorrhaging money, fan disconnect and fan apathy it is watching us become accepting both on and off the pitch of being congenial losers.

I am out of puff now, I just don't know what we do to get rid of this monumental loser who is running our club.

We are being run like a community centre, I know this term is over played but it really is the situation we face.  The only successes we have witnessed under Budge in the past 6 years are a restaurant and the girl’s team getting promoted.

We are the friendly club now,  hell bent on being likeable.  We have even developed bonds with insignificant diddy clubs.

Anyway, my point caller is I want those very few Budge lovers left (you know who you are) to explain to me why they are happy with her being in charge?  To me, no Jambo could honestly want this disaster to remain in control. 

The women's team has been a terrific innovation.

4 minutes ago, Percival King said:

Calling her names is pathetic but also understandable considering the passion everyone has for the club. It really is a thankless task running a football club with so many different factors you have to get right. There’s no doubt she wants the best for Hearts and to even suggest otherwise is madness. 

There's is one thing I will say most reluctantly in favour of Celtic and rangers.  If one of their managers had his team playing consistently poorly then being knocked out of cups by alloa and brora, would that manager survive.

Not a dog's chance.

This is where you've let us down badly Ann.  Your initial coaching appointments proved to be dreadful and they just got worse.

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, FTH said:

If previous history is the only yard stick then why did Craig Levein not have us 3rd 2 years in a row - he done it last time after all so it was a shoe in he'd repeat the feat surely...

We also got outplayed by Brora Rangers with this season's team.

Nothing is guaranteed. 

Brora aren't in the league so no need to panic or worry about them in regards to the league campaign. 

Just now, Kiwidoug said:

There's is one thing I will say most reluctantly in favour of Celtic and rangers.  If one of their managers had his team playing consistently poorly then being knocked out of cups by alloa and brora, would that manager survive.

Not a dog's chance.

This is where you've let us down badly Ann.  Your initial coaching appointments proved to be dreadful and they just got worse.

Sometimes you just have to be brutally honest.

David Black
41 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

FOH - 75.35%

Bidco - 17.36%

Thanks for that stats FF. The rest I completely agree 100%. 

7 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Sorry, I find the numerous and continual threads boring when you could have said what you wanted to say on any of the other threads.

But that doesn't cater for your attention seeking needs I guess,

Attention seeker or not. Is he wrong? No. Budge is a complete failure. 

frankblack
3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Not a dog's chance.

That is all well and good but if it was going to happen it needed to be immediate.  Its not happening now, and we went on to win the league.

Sacking him then could have seen us without a manager for some time (months?) and slip into the play-offs rather than win promotion.

Did I think he should have got he bullet after Brora? Yip.  However, we are now well past that and need to prepare for next season in the premiership.

What concerns me is the huge losses we must have made over this season with a lack of income streams, and how that will impact us e.g. in our budget for next season.

14 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Top trolling....

Oh wait you're being serious. 

frankblack
1 minute ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Attention seeker or not. Is he wrong? No. Budge is a complete failure. 

Actually he is.  Budge has failed on the football side but succeeded on the business side.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant.

Silvery_Moon

The OP is :spoton:

Mistake after mistake has been made. 

Thanks for your help in saving our club. Thanks for the new stand and for putting us on a better financial footing but it is now time to hand over the reigns. 

Just now, frankblack said:

Actually he is.  Budge has failed on the football side but succeeded on the business side.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant.

I'd love to agree with you but I can't. If it were not for benefactors we would be shafted. 

frankblack
1 minute ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

I'd love to agree with you but I can't. If it were not for benefactors we would be shafted. 

Who brought in said benefactors?

Just now, frankblack said:

Who brought in said benefactors?

And what positive effect has the extra money had?

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Plus the loan of £3.1m she had to give the club.
Imagine how much better the business side would be if the team were actually any good. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

20 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

It is hardly innovative Doug. Fwiw I have warmed to it but for the money that is failing too.

The Treasurer
52 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

What are his points? 

We're shite

Budge has made a lot of mistakes 

We should be in a better place.

No one is disagreeing with any of the above as far as I can see. 

i8 just repeats the same thing thread after thread without saying anything different or constructive