The monumental loser Ann Budge FAIL FAIL FAIL

i8hibsh

Pasquale for King
44 minutes ago, westbow said:

I actually think if he had been manager instead of DoF (initially) it could have been a different story. Instead he did it back to front. Only accepting the managers job out of guilt after appointing Cathro. He even previously stated he had no intention of going back to management. You would have thought that would have set off alarm bells in the executive. A reluctant manager getting a demotion. There must have been dozens of managers who would bite your hand off for that that job.

I’ve no doubt he did say that but as a habitual liar he also said he couldn’t help himself from interfering and wanted the managers job initially. 
He was happy to take the job, can you imagine Budge trying to force him to do anything he didn’t want to?

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

How could we play “brilliant football” and not get promoted? 🤪

I assume Rangers and Hibs did it when we were promoted the last tie.

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’ve no doubt he did say that but as a habitual liar he also said he couldn’t help himself from interfering and wanted the managers job initially. 
He was happy to take the job, can you imagine Budge trying to force him to do anything he didn’t want to?

Budge didn’t force him to do anything! After telling us all she had to persuade Levein to take the Managers job, she admitted at an AGM it was Levein that went to her wanting the job, and against get better judgement she gave him it! It was all a pack of lies from her and not for the first time!

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

I assume Rangers and Hibs did it when we were promoted the last tie.

No idea - but I’ll ask again, how could we play “brilliant football” and not get promoted from that shitty Championship??

2 minutes ago, Churchill Barrier said:

It is obvious she reluctantly sacked Levein, i recall a TV interview and the journalist asked why she was allowing him to remain until the end of the season. Her reply was,

"Because i rate him very highly.'

She clearly gets too close to certain employees and shows blinded loyalty, surprising from a succesful business person. There is loyalty and there is the ability to make tough decisions when the poor performance is so obvious, no matter who you hurt.

History is repeating itself again it would appear.

Ye time for change for sure. 

There is a massive difference between sacking people who are very much in the public eye (Levein) than say sacking an incompetent company employee.
With Levein everyone one could see what an a*se he was making of it. Which then opened up the whole debate about Budge holding onto him for too long.

The problem for me is that Budge see's the failure of Levein and Neilson as her failure, which she takes as a personal affront. She cannot differentiate between herself and her appointments.

As a consequence she cannot accept that she is wrong!  

As you say.....time for a change.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Budge didn’t force him to do anything! After telling us all she had to persuade Levein to take the Managers job, she admitted at an AGM it was Levein that went to her wanting the job, and against get better judgement she gave him it! It was all a pack of lies from her and not for the first time!

Definitely. 

Maroon Sailor
23 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

As if my blood pressure was not high enough as it is you had to mention that *****!

:seething:

🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

No idea - but I’ll ask again, how could we play “brilliant football” and not get promoted from that shitty Championship??

By losing 4-3 every game.  It might be shitty but you can only play what's in front of you.

It's also true that we have often found it difficult to break down 10  man defences and we at least managed it well enough to get promoted.

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

No denying we were but we need to take accountability.

The season ended and we were rock bottom.  No conspiracies, no anti- Hearts agenda, no ref to blame and no miscarraige of justice. 

We played the same teams as everyone else but they were better.  We were bottom with 30 games played because we were diabolical in most games.

If we were 10th and Ross county or some other diddy team were 12th then as a club and fanbase we would have given as few shiney shits as they gave about us.

Nailed it. Despite the faux outrage on here this is reality. I raised this point and spoke about against fighting it in court, it was doomed from the start and we should have accepted and looked at our own (constant) failings instead of trying to point fingers at everyone else. Instead we chose the path of wasting more and more resources trying to convince other teams about ‘sporting integrity’. Quite funny how everyone here, and at the club, has stopped beating the drum for league reconstruction now despite feeling so passionately about it all a year ago.

We’ve been in a shocking footballing state over the last few years and quite frankly we deserve to be where we are/were.

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Churchill Barrier said:

It is obvious she reluctantly sacked Levein, i recall a TV interview and the journalist asked why she was allowing him to remain until the end of the season. Her reply was,

"Because i rate him very highly.'

She clearly gets too close to certain employees and shows blinded loyalty, surprising from a succesful business person. There is loyalty and there is the ability to make tough decisions when the poor performance is so obvious, no matter who you hurt.

History is repeating itself again it would appear.

Ye time for change for sure. 

Spot on. Contrast that with how easily she dispensed with Cathro and Stendel. To go back and make the same mistake again with Neilson should really be the last nail in her coffin. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

David Black
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes all that’s been discussed and you clearly missed the bit about how everyone on the board has been appointed by her and won’t go against her, it’s not happening in the near future and the sooner people grasp this then we can force the FoH to represent us properly. 

When the shares are transferred Ann Budge holds 17.3% of the shares, FoH hold something like 79% and the rest is small shareholders like you and I, presuming you have got shares. The members instruct the FoH Board to vote in accordance with what the members decide.. The FoH board do not own these shares, the members do and the FoH Board cannot go against that. Maybe FF could confirm the share divide I refer to, but I think it's fairly accurate.

35 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Dear Al. 

You just made an excuse right away.

Who the **** cares if we beat hibs as usual?  We lost to two part time clubs one that hadn't played for months, **** sake man wake up.  This was the season for us to put a team together especially with the money being invested into the club and we may have to witness Hibs winning the cup the same year we go out to Broara ****ing huns???  Even Kelty spanked them by about 8 goals.

Stop your manipulative ways of trying to being positive because you are honestly, and don't take this personally, a joke figure on here now in between a support that know that it's not been good enough for five ****ing years. 

Respond like a "I know I am but what are you" as per.

People care about the club.  It's not being negative it's wanting so so so much better than Robbie ****ing Neilson and Budge in charge. 

Oh dear.  I have been suitably chastised.

No answe to the questions I asked however! :Shoosh:

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I see Levein still living rent free in some people's heads!

That's what happens when somebody makes a complete arse of the club we support. 

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, communist said:

Nailed it. Despite the faux outrage on here this is reality. I raised this point and spoke about against fighting it in court, it was doomed from the start and we should have accepted and looked at our own (constant) failings instead of trying to point fingers at everyone else. Instead we chose the path of wasting more and more resources trying to convince other teams about ‘sporting integrity’. Quite funny how everyone here, and at the club, has stopped beating the drum for league reconstruction now despite feeling so passionately about it all a year ago.

We’ve been in a shocking footballing state over the last few years and quite frankly we deserve to be where we are/were.

It was always a long shot but there was always going to be outrage if we hadn’t challenged it. The legsl advice the club received would be an interesting read. 

4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

But at some time you have to let go of the past and move on, particularly if it has been bad- otherwise you'll make yourself ill.  The past can't be changed and certainly not by continually moaning about it on every thread possible and covering the same ground over and over and over again.  He's gone!  We have a new DoF.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, David Black said:

When the shares are transferred Ann Budge holds 17.3% of the shares, FoH hold something like 79% and the rest is small shareholders like you and I, presuming you have got shares. The members instruct the FoH Board to vote in accordance with what the members decide.. The FoH board do not own these shares, the members do and the FoH Board cannot go against that. Maybe FF could confirm the share divide I refer to, but I think it's fairly accurate.

Yes I have shares, it’s been discussed as I said and it’s not an easy process to get them to stand up and vote her off the board due to the governance model. As she is still a major shareholder and is owed £3.1m in loans it’s normal practice to allow a person in that situation to stay on the board apparently. Her pals on the board would still be able to keep her involved it seems. She’s here for the foreseeable future unfortunately unless she chooses to leave. 

1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

True but it is still better than us and like it or not we are always going to be compared to our biggest rivals. 

Yes it is better than us, that's not the point though.

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

Since we won over them to **** their chances of 2nd place (Leveins last decent night as anything at the club) they scked two mangers for the failure of going backwards and have finished ahead of us in the league every single year.  Something, when even finishing 7th at least we finish above them.  Not finish 7th and we get relegated.  We look lost as a club and a team with no leadership (hurrah to Robbie winning manager of the month by the way, wants to dedicate it to the players, it shouldn't even be a news article on our website for **** sake) they have finished 3rd probably and are in a massively winnable Scottish Cup final.

The money and investment put in over the last five years we should at least be on par if not shitting all over them.  Fact is the time, money, investment have all been wasted.  And now people are blaming covid.  

Sack Neilson ask the benefactors for cash and get Davidson in.   Then the support will back the club again.

All that is fair enough, god knows what it has to do with me pointing out that Hibs have not continually improved in the last 7 years 

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

In 2014 when Budge took over Heart of Midlothian, Hibernian were in the Championship. 

It's now 2021, they've won a Scottish Cup, they are 3rd in the league and are 90 minutes away from winning another Scottish Cup.

Spin it any way you like, but that's improvement. 

You're completely ignoring the word "continual".

Hibs have not continually improved in the last 7 years. Much like Craig Levein hadn't continually improved us when he momentarily had us at the top of the league a couple of seasons ago.

Bazzas right boot

JJ is in

New ceo

Savage is in

Bobmeister and his new team in. 

Folk still banging in about CL. 

Turn the ****ing page 👍

25 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

By losing 4-3 every game.  It might be shitty but you can only play what's in front of you.

It's also true that we have often found it difficult to break down 10  man defences and we at least managed it well enough to get promoted.

Losing 4-3 and failing to break down mostly part time 10 man defences isn’t “brilliant football”......🤣

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Notice : I was wrong in my Hibs 'fact' - they clearly did not improve every year.

My point remains the same however - they were going in the right direction and have vastly improved whereas we have regressed.

Thank you. 👍

Hibs good.

Hearts bad.

Everyone happy now. 😁

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

JJ is in

New ceo

Savage is in

Bobmeister and his new team in. 

Folk still banging in about CL. 

Turn the ****ing page 👍

Yes after you defending Levein to the hilt and personally abusing anybody on here that called him out, I can appreciate that you would like to turn the JKB page on an embarrassing chapter for you!

I8 H-earts I B-elong S-upporting H-ibs 

Is the sort of fun guy that can really help to get a party going ………. when he leaves the room and closes the door behind him!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

16 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It was always a long shot but there was always going to be outrage if we hadn’t challenged it. The legsl advice the club received would be an interesting read. 

I disagree. Was fantasy stuff at best.

You will rarely, if ever, hear of legal teams giving advice that does not put forward a legal case advising court action, why would a lawyer talk himself out of a case/job? 

16 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

But at some time you have to let go of the past and move on, particularly if it has been bad- otherwise you'll make yourself ill.  The past can't be changed and certainly not by continually moaning about it on every thread possible and covering the same ground over and over and over again.  He's gone!  We have a new DoF.

We need to learn from the past.....when I say “we” I’m talking about Budge....not to mention the happy Clappers on here!

4 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I8 H-earts I B-elong S-upporting H-ibs 

Is the sort of fun guy that can really help to get a party going ………. when he leaves the room and closes the door behind him!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

I'm great at parties.  I'm a miserable, angry hate filled sober but as soon as I get a drink in me I am the happiest, most sociable, loving guy going.

It is why I drink so much  - I am an angry sober.

Edited by i8hibsh

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'm actually not that bothered if they win it, in the sense I won't even be watching or paying attention to it. If the vermin turn out their usual loser selves then it will be amusing but the real concern for us is yet another close season rebuild. That's what I'm not confident about under the present stewardship.

If he gets the midfield right we and he will be fine. If he waits like this season 6 months to get it right, he won't see 3 months. 

Fed up with a poxy midfield

iwasthere1954
5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

yawn.

I've put more money into Hearts than many on here.

And less than many more.

I am pretty confident Levein is no longer 'in the building' but to suggest that Ann Budge still doesn't turn to him in some kind of 'confidante' capacity is delusional.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, communist said:

I disagree. Was fantasy stuff at best.

You will rarely, if ever, hear of legal teams giving advice that does not put forward a legal case advising court action, why would a lawyer talk himself out of a case/job? 

Having been involved in several legal cases over the years, where the advice was not to pursue as the chance of success was low, I don’t agree with your second para. 

12 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

You're completely ignoring the word "continual".

Hibs have not continually improved in the last 7 years. Much like Craig Levein hadn't continually improved us when he momentarily had us at the top of the league a couple of seasons ago.

Never mind the “continual” bit!

Hibs will finish 3rd in the Premier League, guaranteed Europe and have a great chance 🤮 of winning the Scottish Cup!

Where has Budge’s tenure led us to date? 😏

davemclaren
Just now, Thomaso said:

Never mind the “continual” bit!

Hibs will finish 3rd in the Premier League, guaranteed Europe and have a great chance 🤮 of winning the Scottish Cup!

Where has Budge’s tenure led us to date? 😏

3rd in the Premier League and two cup finals is the best she’s managed during her tenure. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

3rd in the Premier League and two cup finals is the best she’s managed during her tenure. 

Don’t forget a wonderful Championship title Dave......

Malinga the Swinga

Ah, good to see the Levein haters joining in as well. 

How the **** do you people sleep at night

So much bitterness and hatred is an astonishing thing to read. 

David Black
21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes I have shares, it’s been discussed as I said and it’s not an easy process to get them to stand up and vote her off the board due to the governance model. As she is still a major shareholder and is owed £3.1m in loans it’s normal practice to allow a person in that situation to stay on the board apparently. Her pals on the board would still be able to keep her involved it seems. She’s here for the foreseeable future unfortunately unless she chooses to leave. 

Maybe FF could clarify where we stand in this. My take is that FoH will own around 79% of the shares, people like you and me own around 4% the rest by Ann. The members instruct the FoH board what they want them to do. What needs clarified is the point you make regarding her right to remain on the board. If that right is in company law, then we are indeed stuck with her until the debt is paid, but if it is no more than her/FoH would prefer, then we can vote her off. 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

A very true statement but all this is offset by failures imo.

A 3rd place finish is offset by relegation and mid table finishes and the 2 cup final defeats are offset by Brora, Peterhead, Birkirkara and Alloa Athletic .

davemclaren
Just now, Thomaso said:

Don’t forget a wonderful Championship title Dave......

The first was a relatively pleasurable one while this current one has a more ‘job done’ feel. 

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Ah, good to see the Levein haters joining in as well. 

How the **** do you people sleep at night

So much bitterness and hatred is an astonishing thing to read. 

Not good to see Levein’s ex fanboys joining in with their usual shite!

17 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Yes after you defending Levein to the hilt and personally abusing anybody on here that called him out, I can appreciate that you would like to turn the JKB page on an embarrassing chapter for you!

👌

The Treasurer
4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

As I mentioned earlier, the historic Budge threads ran their course.

This is a fresh bebate witht he same subject matter - it happens on forums.

I wanted to hear from the 'other' side as to their reasons for their support.

2 pages in and no valid reasons have been put on the table I may add.

Maybe(as you more or less state) it's been done to death already.

Maybe rather repeat the same tired old rubbish you could give us your blue print for the future.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

But all you are responding to and contributing is attacks on other users.  You have no substance to contribute to the subject matter.

Exactly! 👍

A new one is that I have multiple accounts.  I mean ffs the mods can tell easily if people are using the same IP addresses.  I'm sure they would nip that in the bid if it were the case.

44 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

And he still believes he could of turned it around I’d imagine. The damage he did and Budge in backing him has set us back years and millions. 
I think the OP is way over the top in his criticism in Budge (as in it borders on slander) however what a mess she has made with her blind loyalty to him. It’s tragic

3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Maybe(as you more or less state) it's been done to death already.

Maybe rather repeat the same tired old rubbish you could give us your blue print for the future.

Displacement of Budge - that is all I can say for sure.  I have no idea who the best person for the job is.  All I hope for is that they are a real proper ruthless son of a bitch as we really need it.

Edited by i8hibsh

David Black
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You missed the bit about seeing us digress year on year until we were relegated and the millions she has wasted due to poor decisions she has made regarding the football department which she did admit to 7 years ago knew nothing about, and clearly still doesn't but continues to get involved in them.

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The first was a relatively pleasurable one while this current one has a more ‘job done’ feel. 

Dave the old adage is -

‘It’s not where you start it’s where you finish’

And look where we ended up! 🤷‍♂️