Alloa

Queen of the South

Birkirhkara

Livingston 5 nil

Brora

Peterhead

Anymore?

48 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

How is it wrong? They were in the Championship when she took over and they are now 3rd in the Premiership with a Scottish Cup under their belt and a 50/50 chance of another one in two weeks time. 

I can only point this out so many times before I give up out of sheer frustration.

2017/18 4th

2018/19 5th

2019/20 7th

That is not continual improvement.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Alloa

Queen of the South

Birkirhkara

Livingston 5 nil

Brora

Peterhead

Anymore?

Common denominator?????

Who is going to sack the chief offender?

And we wonder why Neilson gets off Scot free!

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Four faces said:

Budge needs to go yes but it's Levein who deserves the wrath because it's he who implemented the disastrous football dept.I said it before but the Scotland fiasco destroyed him and he was never the same afterwards.His decision making was bizarre to say the least.Budge is responsible for accepting it.As an aside.When i was unfortunate enough to watch some of the ladies team match against Hibs,i was thinking how bad it was and wanted us to win obviously but at the end of the day it didn't bother me much.That's how i see Budge's attitude to the first team.It doesn't bother her the way it does a hardcore supporter.Far too passive.

It’s a good analogy, I was the same watching the woman’s derby.
I know a few fans that feel like that though, they’re not really up or down about results it’s the meeting friends etc. One in particular that said he wouldn’t go if we moved and doesn’t go to away games including Hampden. 

I have no problem with losing football games, every team loses games but it is the way we lose.  We are not losing like winners (angry, disgusted and determined to win the next game), we are losing like losers.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

I can only point this out so many times before I give up out of sheer frustration.

2017/18 4th

2018/19 5th

2019/20 7th

Yip, and Aberdeen have been going backwards as well recently. 

3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

All the more reason not to waste money on shite and give the young players a chance.

One thing I know for a fact is that we DID get promoted.  You'll never know if that would have been the case with youngsters.

You do realise we have benefactors who top up to assist and you do realise that every other club is in the same position? 
That's fine and well if benefactors advance enough money up front.  You are intelligent enough, I take it, to realise that we do not kow if the benefactors contributed anything at all this season until the accounts to 30/06/21 are published?

Premier League type signings?  Erm I’m sure we are paying more than Premier League type money, much much more than the likes of St Johnstone Livi and St Mirren.  I’m also sure Halliday, Frear, the buddy that used to be at St Mirren, Kingsley and Craig Gordon came cheap aye? We still got humiliated off Alloa and Brora in the cups, what’s your excuse for that? 

OK, tell us what we are paying, if you're sure.

I don't know what these 4 are earning.  Tell us.  Don't simply make assertions that you can't substantiate

There was no excuse for Brora or Alloa even if we were short of our international players. We still had enough to have won these games.  The pantwetters keep picking these games which is understandable but we also beat Hubs in the Cup and acquitted ourselves well against Celtic in the final.  A fair, positive minded person might cite these games for a balanced picture but that of course wouldn't include you..

Just now, Hashimoto said:

Common denominator?????

Who is going to sack the chief offender?

And we wonder why Neilson gets off Scot free!

For the first time in my lifetime we even went through a stage of not winning derbies (although our derby record under Budge is better than Hibs in fairness) - what was it, 10 games or something?

The hall of shame is never ending.

Four faces
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s a good analogy, I was the same watching the woman’s derby.
I know a few fans that feel like that though, they’re not really up or down about results it’s the meeting friends etc. One in particular that said he wouldn’t go if we moved and doesn’t go to away games including Hampden. 

Yeah.Wish i was one of those fans.Don't understand it though.

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

No you haven’t. You have mocked anyone who mutters any criticism. If there was a proper revolution at the club then I’d have you hanging in the plaza. 

:laugh2:

Pasquale for King
Just now, Four faces said:

Yeah.Wish i was one of those fans.Don't understand it though.

Me neither, I’ve had a few discussions with this guy in particular. His surname is NEILSON ironically enough. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah I had my fair share of abuse about Levein before folk saw the light, some admit they’re wrong but rarely apologise. 
He was right. 

Apologise? Two of them are on here right now in their usual attack mode!

Pasquale for King
Just now, Thomaso said:

Apologise? Two of them are on here right now in their usual attack mode!

Indeed, hope he’s not holding his breath. 

Just now, JamboAl said:

I don't know what these 4 are earning.  Tell us.  Don't simply make assertions that you can't substantiate

There was no excuse for Brora or Alloa even if we were short of our international players. We still had enough to have won these games.  The pantwetters keep picking these games which is understandable but we also beat Hubs in the Cup and acquitted ourselves well against Celtic in the final.  A fair, positive minded person might cite these games for a balanced picture but that of course wouldn't include you..

A proper picture would include interminable references to pitches & weather (in the middle of a Scottish winter :facepalm:) , Craig Gordon telling it like it is on national TV, weekly apologies from sundry players, the shambolic displays at Pars & Dundee. 

Of course , as per, you want to portray "the pant wetters" as harping on (only ?) about Alloa & Brora when there is much, much more that paints a true picture of the football shit show at Tynecastle.  

Gordon Ramsay
10 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

2017/18 4th

2018/19 5th

2019/20 7th

True but it is still better than us and like it or not we are always going to be compared to our biggest rivals. 

4 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

2017/18 4th

2018/19 5th

2019/20 7th

Since we won over them to **** their chances of 2nd place (Leveins last decent night as anything at the club) they scked two mangers for the failure of going backwards and have finished ahead of us in the league every single year.  Something, when even finishing 7th at least we finish above them.  Not finish 7th and we get relegated.  We look lost as a club and a team with no leadership (hurrah to Robbie winning manager of the month by the way, wants to dedicate it to the players, it shouldn't even be a news article on our website for **** sake) they have finished 3rd probably and are in a massively winnable Scottish Cup final.

The money and investment put in over the last five years we should at least be on par if not shitting all over them.  Fact is the time, money, investment have all been wasted.  And now people are blaming covid.  

Sack Neilson ask the benefactors for cash and get Davidson in.   Then the support will back the club again.

Forever Hearts
10 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

2017/18 4th

2018/19 5th

2019/20 7th

In 2014 when Budge took over Heart of Midlothian, Hibernian were in the Championship. 

It's now 2021, they've won a Scottish Cup, they are 3rd in the league and are 90 minutes away from winning another Scottish Cup.

Spin it any way you like, but that's improvement. 

Notice : I was wrong in my Hibs 'fact' - they clearly did not improve every year.

My point remains the same however - they were going in the right direction and have vastly improved whereas we have regressed.

Edited by i8hibsh

23 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

And we didn’t? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Are you totally stupid?

We were in the Championship and had players to do the job of winning it WHICH WE DID.

If you think we had premier type players then you should be looking forward to our return to the premeir with relish.  Are you?

Just now, JamboAl said:

Are you totally stupid?

We were in the Championship and had players to do the job of winning it WHICH WE DID.

If you think we had premier type players then you should be looking forward to our return to the premeir with relish.  Are you?

We had a surplus squad on a  quite obscene level - most of which (youuth excluded) were on 'premier' salaries

Vlad Magic

I find it incredulous people here saying the OP should receive apologies for receiving personal abuse.

Firstly he should not be receiving personal abuse. That is a given. Nobody should.

However he is on here to defend himself if need be and can always turn to our moderation team should that abuse warrant it.

However the hypocrisy is disgusting.

The OP can not deny the multiple times he has abused Ann Budge.

Someone who can not turn to the MODs and who isn’t on here to defend herself.

I have no sympathy for I8 whatsoever.

Edited by Vlad Magic
Well spotted!!!

6 minutes ago, Four faces said:

Budge needs to go yes but it's Levein who deserves the wrath because it's he who implemented the disastrous football dept.I said it before but the Scotland fiasco destroyed him and he was never the same afterwards.His decision making was bizarre to say the least.Budge is responsible for accepting it.

I actually think if he had been manager instead of DoF (initially) it could have been a different story. Instead he did it back to front. Only accepting the managers job out of guilt after appointing Cathro. He even previously stated he had no intention of going back to management. You would have thought that would have set off alarm bells in the executive. A reluctant manager getting a demotion. There must have been dozens of managers who would bite your hand off for that that job.

Four faces
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Me neither, I’ve had a few discussions with this guy in particular. His surname is NEILSON ironically enough. 

He one of those guys that sit behind ye talkin shite about their work and home life?Arrive 10 minutes late and leave 5 minutes early:vangry:

1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

I find it incredulous people here saying the OP should receive apologies for receiving personal abuse.

Firstly he should be receiving personal abuse. That is a given. Nobody should.

However he is on here to defend himself if need be and can always turn to our moderation team should that abuse warrant it.

Hypocrasy like slating Romanov and 'Pieman' but then getting all precious when someone says anything bad about Saint Ann?

I will also say, I never turn to the mods and I have never asked for an apology (I don't think).

I'm fair game on here, I know the score and I am fine with it all.

I'm looking forward to the day Ann Budge hands the club over to the new owners. 

Calling a self made millionaire a monumental loser though? Nah, not for me. 

We had a surplus squad on a  quite obscene level - most of which (youuth excluded) were on 'premier' salaries

We had players who had premier contracts which hadn't expired when we were voted out of the league and as we've seen now with Damour (and Martin in the past) you can't just rip up a contract.

2 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

I'm looking forward to the day Ann Budge hands the club over to the new owners. 

Calling a self made millionaire a monumental loser though? Nah, not for me. 

To be fair this is a football forum, not a business forum.

Four faces
4 minutes ago, westbow said:

I actually think if he had been manager instead of DoF (initially) it could have been a different story. Instead he did it back to front. Only accepting the managers job out of guilt after appointing Cathro. He even previously stated he had no intention of going back to management. You would have thought that would have set off alarm bells in the executive. A reluctant manager getting a demotion. There must have been dozens of managers who would bite your hand off for that that job.

Well, that's one of the two stories that Bodge told.The other was that Levein put himself forward after Cathro as he felt it was his responsibility to put things right.Just another bizarre decision.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Firstly he should be receiving personal abuse. That is a given. Nobody should.

The second para, a mistype for sure but funny. 

😂

Nookie Bear
6 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

In 2014 when Budge took over Heart of Midlothian, Hibernian were in the Championship. 

It's now 2021, they've won a Scottish Cup, they are 3rd in the league and are 90 minutes away from winning another Scottish Cup.

Spin it any way you like, but that's improvement. 

They have got more consistent and added a bit of cup success, with potential for more.

Someone mentioned Aberdeen 'going backwards'. They are finishing 4th for the 3rd year in succession, after 5 years of top3 finishes.

Our problem is that we are either having a very good season, or an awful one. For years we have been boom/bust and one thing we need to do is try and at least replicate Aberdeen and make sure our poor seasons see us finishing 4th, not 12th.

To be fair this is a football forum, not a business forum.

Tha's right - you should just sign up the best players and stuff the cost.

Oh wait....Vlad tried that!

Ex member of the SaS

Budge has made many , many mistakes, and hands up, I did support her and wanted her to stay on. Now however I have to say she MUST go. Not entirely convinced FoH taking over will improve matters, but we have to move on. So much money has been wasted on crap players and an utterly stupid wage structure that Levein had to endorse adding to the litany of offences he has committed against HoM.

Not forgetting the main stand and pitch fiascoes.

Should the benny factors ( not sure if any are called Benny ) leave when she does, then so be it we just have to be wiser with money.

The problem is how long do we allow things to go next season before the shit hits the fan? Anything over two months and we will have another wasted season. We must hit the ground running or there must be a vast clear out from the top down.

Guest ToqueJambo
25 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Amazing how easy it is to win the Championship easily. I bet Hibs, D Utd, Rangers etc - with their premier salaries and with none of the issues we faced this season - all did it just as easily?

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Amazing how easy it is to win the Championship easily. I bet Hibs, D Utd, Rangers etc - with their premier salaries and with none of the issues we faced this season - all did it just as easily?

We won a league full of dross. And even then a large chunk of our performances were absolutely abysmal.  

33 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Dear Al. 

You just made an excuse right away.

Who the **** cares if we beat hibs as usual?  We lost to two part time clubs one that hadn't played for months, **** sake man wake up.  This was the season for us to put a team together especially with the money being invested into the club and we may have to witness Hibs winning the cup the same year we go out to Broara ****ing huns???  Even Kelty spanked them by about 8 goals.

Stop your manipulative ways of trying to being positive because you are honestly, and don't take this personally, a joke figure on here now in between a support that know that it's not been good enough for five ****ing years. 

Respond like a "I know I am but what are you" as per.

People care about the club.  It's not being negative it's wanting so so so much better than Robbie ****ing Neilson and Budge in charge. 

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We have done the job required - no doubt.  But the Rangers and Hibs comparisons are poor.  Hibs and Rangers had Rangers, Hibs and Hearts, then rangers and Hibs.

We have had a bunch of diddies second time round.  2014/2015 was impressive though (ish).

Maroon Sailor

Ann Budge is to i8 what Meghan Markle is to Piers Morgan

Ann is guilty of running a family sweetie shop but feck me we have some dross in the squad.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We have done the job required - no doubt.  But the Rangers and Hibs comparisons are poor.  Hibs and Rangers had Rangers, Hibs and Hearts, then rangers and Hibs.

We have had a bunch of diddies second time round.  2014/2015 was impressive though (ish).

As did Hibs in whenever it was they EVENTUALLY got promoted. And we still won it more impressively.

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Ann is guilty of running a family sweetie shop but feck me we have some dross in the squad.

As if my blood pressure was not high enough as it is you had to mention that *****!

:seething:

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, Four faces said:

He one of those guys that sit behind ye talkin shite about their work and home life?Arrive 10 minutes late and leave 5 minutes early:vangry:

Pretty much, has a few pints before so I imagine he’s out for the toilet before HT. 

33 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

A proper picture would include interminable references to pitches & weather (in the middle of a Scottish winter :facepalm:) , Craig Gordon telling it like it is on national TV, weekly apologies from sundry players, the shambolic displays at Pars & Dundee. 

Of course , as per, you want to portray "the pant wetters" as harping on (only ?) about Alloa & Brora when there is much, much more that paints a true picture of the football shit show at Tynecastle.  

Who mentioned a PROPER picture?  Did you just make that up? :facepalm::facepalm:

I said a balanced picture which includes 2 good performances as well as two horror shows.

The football, even when winning, has often been poor - that cannot be denied - but the objective of getting promotion was achieved and that's what we set out to do at the start of the season.

I don't mind admitting that, given the choice last August, of

playing as we've played

or

playing brilliant football but not getting promoted

my choice would have been the former.

Tasavallan
3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Sweeties

1 minute ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Regardless of the merits of the discussion her time is coming to an end. That's all

I just can't see it though.  Everyone around her are the equivalent of Mr Smithers.  All just quivering, arse licking yes men (and women) - I can't see who would take over.  Not that I believe she actually wants to stand down anyway.

1 minute ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Regardless of the merits of the discussion her time is coming to an end. That's all

Correct.....Attention will turn soon enough to who takes over.

One thing for certain is that the Budge era will be highly forgettable from a footballing perspective.

The new stand, ethical sponsorships, restaurant will be her legacy.....Which I imagine falls well short of the ambition of most on here.  

Glamorgan Jambo
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I just can't see it though.  Everyone around her are the equivalent of Mr Smithers.  All just quivering, arse licking yes men (and women) - I can't see who would take over.  Not that I believe she actually wants to stand down anyway.

Fair enough mate but the share transfer should take place shortly and she'll slowly move into the background. In my opinion of course.

Churchill Barrier

It is obvious she reluctantly sacked Levein, i recall a TV interview and the journalist asked why she was allowing him to remain until the end of the season. Her reply was,

"Because i rate him very highly.'

She clearly gets too close to certain employees and shows blinded loyalty, surprising from a succesful business person. There is loyalty and there is the ability to make tough decisions when the poor performance is so obvious, no matter who you hurt.

History is repeating itself again it would appear.

Ye time for change for sure. 

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Who mentioned a PROPER picture?  Did you just make that up? :facepalm::facepalm:

I said a balanced picture which includes 2 good performances as well as two horror shows.

The football, even when winning, has often been poor - that cannot be denied - but the objective of getting promotion was achieved and that's what we set out to do at the start of the season.

I don't mind admitting that, given the choice last August, of

playing as we've played

or

playing brilliant football but not getting promoted

my choice would have been the former.

How could we play “brilliant football” and not get promoted? 🤪

Glamorgan Jambo
1 minute ago, Hashimoto said:

Correct.....Attention will turn soon enough to who takes over.

One thing for certain is that the Budge era will be highly forgettable from a footballing perspective.

The new stand, ethical sponsorships, restaurant will be her legacy.....Which I imagine falls well short of the ambition of most on here.  

In terms of who takes over my only wish would be that we never see so much power concentrated in the hands of one person again.

i.e. the board operates as a board and takes decisions collectively. Everyone has their flaws.