***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

airdriejambo3
Just now, GinRummy said:

Just having a Butchers at this thread. 

Oh this one scares me a bit, mind Robbie wanted the laddie Butcher from united.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

I don't see how the Souttar thing is anything other than good news. He's a very good player whose contract is running down, so there was always going to be someone trying to get him on the cheap. The rejection at least suggests we've got a chance of getting him on a new contract.

Just now, airdriejambo3 said:

From dog food to dug shit 😀

No Butchers is just a type of dog food. I didn’t mean the wrestler from Dundee United. 

TyphoonJambo
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

The team that came in for him will return with an another bid 👍

Celtic to deal with too. 

I don't like the word "expected" in that report.

1 minute ago, DC_92 said:

I don't see how the Souttar thing is anything other than good news. He's a very good player whose contract is running down, so there was always going to be someone trying to get him on the cheap. The rejection at least suggests we've got a chance of getting him on a new contract.

Agree. It's obvious he would be attracting attention...he's too good not to be.

3 minutes ago, airdriejambo3 said:

Fuchs is the only Utd player that would get close to our starting 11.

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Celtic to deal with too. 

Would we accept a bid for him this window? I’m aware every player has their price etc.

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Celtic to deal with too. 

Don't like the sound of that... just as we seem to building something good. Hope you're right and he signs another deal. As for the mhanks, they'll offer a pittance and can GTF!

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

From dog food to dug shit 😀

No Butchers is just a type of dog food. I didn’t mean the wrestler from Dundee United. 

I had posted a tumbleweed video clip then decided against it

Berra than you

On Souttar, he seems like a clued up and switched on guy who recognises his priority at the moment should be to build up a run of games. He doesn't seem the type to force a move, and therefore if he does leave this window, I'd imagine it will be because the price offered to us is exceptional.

7 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

It removes the “your owe us a fee” talk which is problem imo 

1 minute ago, SectionN said:

Would we accept a bid for him this window? I’m aware every player has their price etc.

Lowball offer from championship side, Hearts value Souttar at a lot more than the team offered. 

And unless there valuation is met, he won't be going anywhere. 

I've been told he's prepared to sign a new two year deal making him the highest earner at club, this would make sense to turn down bids for him. 

Just now, Jamboj1 said:

Still as I mentioned a while back i do expect w deal to be agreed 

Just now, Jamboj1 said:

"You owe us a fee" doesn't mean "any fee", though.

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Lowball offer from championship side, Hearts value Souttar at a lot more than the team offered. 

And unless there valuation is met, he won't be going anywhere. 

I've been told he's prepared to sign a new two year deal making him the highest earner at club, this would make sense to turn down bids for him. 

Cheers mate. 

IMO it makes sense to sign him on a new deal as his value will increase hugely.

TyphoonJambo

If we announce a decent striker and Soappys 2 year extension I'll be altering the ceiling. Devlin doesn't count,he's in the bag.

No longer active
24 minutes ago, HMFC_France said:

Keeping Souttar is what is required I know, but I cannot get the feeling he will not last the season fitness wise. I watched him v Sheep and the way he was rubbing his ankles in the last 20 mins was worrying. Perhaps cashing in on him IF THE RIGHT OFFER were to materialise would be good business

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Gonna be a long day isn’t it. 

How come Devlin not announced?

Edinburgh Live said earlier today it was done yesterday. I'm imagining due to the protracted nature, they have assumed we all know it was a done deal already

3 minutes ago, George Cowie said:

Keeping Souttar is what is required I know, but I cannot get the feeling he will not last the season fitness wise. I watched him v Sheep and the way he was rubbing his ankles in the last 20 mins was worrying. Perhaps cashing in on him IF THE RIGHT OFFER were to materialise would be good business

I suggesting man managing him last week. Perhaps resting one week - or if your cruising a game sub him

Understand St Johnstone captain Jason Kerr is closing in on a move to Wigan Athletic. Fee believed to be around £500,000 for the double-winning centre-back but could rise.

@TheAthleticUK

...I know he was mentioned on here. Wouldn't be the worst signing... looks like he's on his way though.

10 minutes ago, LeylandJambo said:

It's only a matter of time until Souttar leaves but i just hope he signs a new deal first.

Exactly. 

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Edinburgh Live said earlier today it was done yesterday. I'm imagining due to the protracted nature, they have assumed we all know it was a done deal already

Can't see an official announcement being a priority if they are also working on getting other deals of the line?   It seems pretty clear he's one of ours now,  so hopefully no last minute technical hitches.

RustyRightPeg
8 minutes ago, George Cowie said:

He’ll be fine. 

Had his first pre season in a while. Played consistently more football in the past two months than he has two years. 

Couple of weeks off now as well. 

IMHO Souttar would be taking a gamble looking for a move just now as their the prospect of potentially failing a medical at the moment must be a possibility.  A lot of the top clubs (using third parties) have fairly advanced techniques when carrying out medicals e.g. Celtic diagnosing a fault with Turnbull's knee when they first tried to sign him.  He would be better getting a new improved contract with us just now and give his Achilles more time to recover the look to move on.

Contracts in football mean nothing now looking at Jack Hendry situation in Belgium!. But I cannot see John running down a contract and leaving for free. He gets what Hearts mean, the support he has had through injury even his team mates around him I think he will do the right thing sign a contract knowing fine well at the end of the season there will be offers and they need to pay us a tidy sum for him. 

3 minutes ago, JamboCampbell said:

striker inbound!!!!!!!!!!!!

Better no be another loan. I'd like another coup like Beni on a 3 year deal 

AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, RENE said:

Well we've certainly  got the Pedigree, Chum.

OK I'm away...😁

Aye away and sit nice, be a good boy... 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, happyjam said:

IMHO Souttar would be taking a gamble looking for a move just now as their the prospect of potentially failing a medical at the moment must be a possibility.  A lot of the top clubs (using third parties) have fairly advanced techniques when carrying out medicals e.g. Celtic diagnosing a fault with Turnbull's knee when they first tried to sign him.  He would be better getting a new improved contract with us just now and give his Achilles more time to recover the look to move on.

A guy on SSN yesterday who conducts Medicals said that nobody passes or fails them apparently, they give the club the detailed analysis and they then choose whether to sign them or not. 

1. Hearts expect to announce Devlin

3846cddd-7d90-45d5-98d6-fe7faeb1cc5d.jpg

Brian McLauchlin

BBC Sport Scotland

As for city rivals Hearts, Australian midfielder Cameron Devlin is set to be announced at some point today after relevant paperwork is completed.

As for outgoings, winger Jordan Roberts is likely to return to Motherwell on loan.

image.gif.f5b2a6418af53a2c112934f2a915f66d.gif
    Getty ImagesCopyright: Getty Images
    Midfielder Devlin will join from A-League side Newcastle Jets

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***