Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

BackOfTheNet
36 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

No Obafemi today...

Wasn’t in their squad for last week’s Premier League game either to be fair. Only made the bench for the midweek cup game and had half an hour. So not far fetched that he’ll be going somewhere on loan, it’s just whether or not it would be far fetched to be going to us.

Pls pls pls get an extension sorted for Souttar!!

Immense today. Love a CB that can competently bring a ball out of defence into midfield!! 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Immense today. Love a CB that can competently bring a ball out of defence into midfield!! 

Yep, that would be great business.

7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Possibly in your and others, in mines it’s expectations. If we see ourselves as a big club then our expectations have to match that, we are being described as a yo yo club ffs. 

Anyone who says that doesn’t know what they’re talking about. We may have gone down twice, but on neither occasion did we win the least points after all the games were played, which is usually the prerequisite for automatic relegation.

I wonder sometimes if anyone outside our support ever noticed that our fans took our medicine without complaint in 2013-14, and yet were (and are) utterly furious with what was done to us in 2020. Perhaps the two situations were significantly different!

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Anyone who says that doesn’t know what they’re talking about. We may have gone down twice, but on neither occasion did we win the least points after all the games were played, which is usually the prerequisite for automatic relegation.

I wonder sometimes if anyone outside our support ever noticed that our fans took our medicine without complaint in 2013-14, and yet were (and are) utterly furious with what was done to us in 2020. Perhaps the two situations were significantly different!

Yeah both were unfair really. 
I will keep up my hatred for the teams that wronged us but it think most of our support don’t hold a grudge for as long as I do. 

Pasquale for King
12 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

We need to get the white socks on

Must’ve read this 😆, love the white socks that Macdonald had us wear later in the season. 

jamboinglasgow

Pleased from reports the new signings looked positive today. Obviously Moore was a short cameo but its good to get them some experience.

I presume there was no rumours that people have heard today.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Make another attacking player happen please. 

Heading in a very positive direction 

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Pleased from reports the new signings looked positive today. Obviously Moore was a short cameo but its good to get them some experience.

I presume there was no rumours that people have heard today.

Even Moore came on and did his job. Good to see him get some minutes 24hrs after signing. 

6 hours ago, OTT said:

100% this! Getting him tied up has to be a priority! Will make us millions, need to enjoy him while we have him

jamboinglasgow
32 minutes ago, Homme said:

Even Moore came on and did his job. Good to see him get some minutes 24hrs after signing. 

Yup, good to see.

I think having two weeks till the next game and only Gordon and Smith away on international duty should make a big difference when it comes to the Hibs game. Get some bounce games to get people up to speed and it will all be good.

7 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Robbie said that he is hoping for 1 or 2 more signings.

Wondering who else they could have lined up? He'd mentioned something about a 3rd choice keeper. 

13 minutes ago, OTT said:

Wondering who else they could have lined up? He'd mentioned something about a 3rd choice keeper. 

I hope the 3rd choice keeper isnt part of the 1 or 2.

I think we still need a striker but he has said he isn't bringing players in that aren't better than what we have. For me, it would be difficult to get someone better than Boyce, which makes me think that is not the position we are looking at.

Ideally we could get rid of Roberts and Popescu. At best I can see them leaving on loan.

50 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

Expect 2 in and 3 out as a minimum.

For the 3 out are you including youngsters going out on loan?

Of the first team squad we would clearly let Robert's and Popescu go. There seems to be a feeling we'd let Henderson go out on loan. Given how thin our squad is and that he is out of contract for the season, I actually think it would be better for us (but possibly not him) to keep him in the squad. Walker is the other one that seems to be a question mark, although again I'd probably rather keep him this season. Any other first team players we would consider losing?

comradejambo

Hoping that our good start to the season and present league position may assist in any decisions for players potentially thinking over coming to us over the next few days. Joining a winning team must be an attraction for a lot of players! 

6 hours ago, OTT said:

I'd prefer a proper 2nd choice one.

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

I'd prefer a proper 2nd choice one.

Agreed as our current 2nd choice hasn’t looked up to much when he’s played. 

David McCaig
Just now, johnking123 said:

Maybe he is just trying to be nice and not tell the press that Stewart is shite.  

I agree, how bad would you have to be, to be 3rd choice to Stewart... Even Pereira would be offended.

As I've said before Stewart's one job is to sit on the bench and hope Gordon doesn't get an in match injury or sent off.  In the event of Gordon being out for anything more than a game we would sign another keeper.

Sadly last season showed you can't even trust Stewart to play against Brora, but then signing up to understudy Craig Gordon is accepting you will basically never play for the duration of your contract.

Ainsley Harriott
12 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Mark Howard is free. Would do ass back up/ 

What he does in his own time is his entirely up to him 

BackOfTheNet
26 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Mark Howard is free. Would do ass back up/ 

24 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Hope that’s a typo !!!!

Twerking keepers. The modern game’s gone nuts…

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Tomorrow the big day for shares change over ! Wonder if we'll get some signing news to go along with it?

I suspect maybe some outgoings, but any incomings will be 31st. Reasoning being a combination of bank holiday and as you say the ownership transfer. Unless you count Devlin, I have a feeling he’s all signed and registration lodged so likely to maybe even be announced today (officially) if not tomorrow.

We're after Jarrad Branthwaite on loan from Everton according to the Sun.

6ft5 left-footed centre-back.

Edited by DC_92

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

6ft5 centre-back.

Hmmm… Left footed CB, 19. A year left on his contract and played 10 games towards the end of the Championship season last year. If true I’d suspect it would be permanent, reaching a deal with Everton like we did for Baningime.

Just wondering if we’re going to ask the other defenders already at the club to dye their hair blonde at this rate though…

10 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

6ft5 centre-back.

Big physical Hearts

:yas:

8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Hmmm… Left footed CB, 19. A year left on his contract and played 10 games towards the end of the Championship season last year. If true I’d suspect it would be permanent, reaching a deal with Everton like we did for Baningime.

Just wondering if we’re going to ask the other defenders already at the club to dye their hair blonde at this rate though…

Reported as a loan and he was on the bench for them yesterday so he's possibly still rated there. He's also only just turned 19, unlike Baningime, so might be seen as having more chance of being a future first-teamer.

Also started for them in the League Cup last week.

Edited by DC_92

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Maybe he is just trying to be nice and not tell the press that Stewart is shite.  

This crossed my mind as well. 🤔

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, DC_92 said:

Reported as a loan and he was on the bench for them yesterday so he's possibly still rated there. He's also only just turned 19, unlike Baningime, so might be seen as having more chance of being a future first-teamer.

Was just reading more about him, signed only in 2020 for £1 million, played 4 times in the Premier League including a MoM performance at the end of the 19/20 season - so I suspect you’re right. If true we’d have three loan signings across the back though.

Anyway, the obligatory:

10 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Make another attacking player happen please. 

Heading in a very positive direction 

Agreed.

Like to see another striker and an attacking midfielder.

vlad on the tyne

Jarrad branthwaite from Everton now being linked with us. Time up for halkett or is soapy being sold? 

Edited by vlad on the tyne

Stendelnator
2 minutes ago, vlad on the tyne said:

Jarrad branthwaite from Everton now being linked with us. Time up for halkett or is soapy being sold? 

That boy is serious quality. Where are you seeing this?

3 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

That boy is serious quality. Where are you seeing this?

It's in the Sun. Some chat about it on the previous page.

Edited by DC_92

The Idea is to try to take them on for a season. Then for next year, try persuading them to stay at us. Will hopefully work for a couple of them. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

3rd place this season guaranteed 4 million between prize money and Europe group stages, add on additional income from crowds catering sponsors, I think we are doing everything we can to finish 3rd at worst. 

Jack Torrance
8 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Certainly seems to be highly rated there, would be a surprise to be honest.

Everton may have 'next John Stones' as Rafa Benitez plan takes shape - Phil Kirkbride - Liverpool Echo

Benitez quotes suggest he won't be going anywhere and he'd prefer Everton to work with him to bring him on for now. Depends what he thinks of us as an option to help develop him.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***