***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

33 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Makes sense from the club to get him up at a weekend so he can experience a match day Tynecastle. 

Best place to experience it is from the pitch. 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Rick Sanchez
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Why couldn’t the transfer be registered today or tomorrow? 

It could. I'd expect Monday though.

15 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Celtic have just announced a signing as well

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Celtic have signed Croatian international full-back Josip Juranovic from Polish side Legia Warsaw for an undisclosed fee.

The 26-year-old will sign a five-year deal once the transfer has received international clearance.

Juranovic becomes manager Ange Postecoglou's eighth signing of the summer transfer window.

"We have so many challenges ahead of us and Josip will add important quality and depth," the Celtic boss said.

So 🤷‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, Leisham38 said:

Out of intrigue thought I’d check the Airdrie winger Thomas Robert, was linked with us, apparantly had trials with Premiership teams and Celtic.
Must have one hell of a publicist, because no matter how many headlines and stories were written last season and pre season he is currently without a club!

Weird one.

If his name was Tam Roberts and he didn’t have a famous father then nobody would ever mention him. 

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

If his name was Tam Roberts and he didn’t have a famous father then nobody would ever mention him. 

Supposed to be a really good player - I watched him once for Airdrie and he was excellent there, but aye there's obviously a reason none of the top clubs have signed him if he's had trials and is still sitting as a free agent. Maybe he has offers and is just taking his time to make a decision. 

Someone I wouldn't mind us picking up if the wages were low enough as he does look good. 

RustyRightPeg
16 minutes ago, droid said:

So 🤷‍♂️ 

So it means if Woodburn is up here there’s a chance he’s announced today. 

Good enough for you?

13 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Good enough for you?

The only thing with the Celtic one is they still haven't received international clearance so he hasn't officially signed. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

We’ve won them both. 

I know that, does that mean we stop recruiting until we lose a game. We are taking an age to get anything done in the transfer front. They've had months and months 😢 

39 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Why couldn’t the transfer be registered today or tomorrow? 

SFA offices not open at the weekend.

Unless you play for Celtic, when they signed Sinclair on the Saturday  morning to plsy at Tynecastle the same day.

1 minute ago, Spookie said:

I know that, does that mean we stop recruiting until we lose a game. We are taking an age to get anything done in the transfer front. They've had months and months 😢 

Yeah, I do share your frustration to an extent. As you say though, we are close to the end of the window so may as well wait and see what happens before the window SLAMS shut. 

_HeartsReport
7 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

Spoke to Brother in Law last night about Woodburn, as he’s a massive Kopsh1te and has a few connections to some of the older ex-players at club.

Spoke very highly of Woodburn, when he broke into first team, he was expected to go all the way. A few bad loans and injury has stalled career but apparently was back to his best in games against Bilbao and Osasuna. Believes this move is to put him in shop window at end of contract next year. Also said if played in right way, he’s head and shoulders above anything in the SPL.

Been Woodburn Analysis if interested 👇

6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Is the “SFA office closed at the weekend” thing for real or a myth?

The registration is an online system so in theory can be done quite easily 

Toby Sibbick and Jimmy Dunne both playing at the minute… QPR 0 - 2 Barnsley. Just saying 😔

Would’ve been happy to have both of them this window. 

Hearts of Vladland
8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

From memory we tried to sign someone after 5pm on a Friday and told we were too late and the office was shut for the weekend. Celtic then proceeded to sign Sinclair on the Sunday, I think the paper work was done on the Saturday when someone just happened to be in the office at the weekend.

33 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Good enough for you?

Apologies RRP was initially baffled as to why folk were posting Celtic transfers on a Hearts transfer thread, but now I am not. 

1 hour ago, Ford Prentice said:

Having read up on this the quota system is more complicated than my post implied - but probably still the main reason Liverpool are/were dragging their heels.

You are allowed a maximum of 17 non home grown / association developed players, then also allowed up to 8 home grown / association developed to give a senior squad maximum of 25 players. Any under 21s do not need to be named in the squad and can be played!

European squads are more complicated where 4 (or more of the 8 must be club trained / developed. Additionally U21s must be registered for a period of time with an association club to enable them to play without being named in the squad!

BackOfTheNet
16 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Think it’s a bit in between. I don’t think the offices are open as standard (as little business is done by clubs, who often have their admin staff off at weekends also), however I think there can be a special request if advance notices is given (for example a deal is agreed in principle by the Friday but will not be able to have all paperwork signed by all parties until the Saturday so will need to fax/email on the weekend the club can advise the SFA they are planning on registering)

I imagine a lot of emails go to the junk mail folder mind you…

alwaysthereinspirit
15 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Toby Sibbick and Jimmy Dunne both playing at the minute… QPR 0 - 2 Barnsley. Just saying 😔

Would’ve been happy to have both of them this window. 

Sibbick was one I would have liked to have seen more of. Bad luck for both him and us with the timing of his sickness. Good luck to him.

6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Think it’s a bit in between. I don’t think the offices are open as standard (as little business is done by clubs, who often have their admin staff off at weekends also), however I think there can be a special request if advance notices is given (for example a deal is agreed in principle by the Friday but will not be able to have all paperwork signed by all parties until the Saturday so will need to fax/email on the weekend the club can advise the SFA they are planning on registering)

Or in other words. Peter Lawwell tells the SFA Celtic are wanting a player signed in time to play the weekend, so they’d better get their arse to Hampden on Saturday morning first thing. And bring the coffees.

Whereas any other club barring the other arse cheek would have to ask nicely where the reply would be ‘Nah that’s your problem, we’ll get round to it next week maybe’.

alwaysthereinspirit
27 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I would imagine that football being for the most part a weekend sport that they have to be “open”

Not just for player issues but everything else that goes along with it. Officials calling in sick and needing replaced, weather and making sure officials are scheduled for pitch inspections. Doesn’t mean I would ever trust them not to screw Hearts when given the opportunity.

9 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Who cares who these paraffin lamps sign. 

This is a Hearts thread.

Me, anyone interested in SF and hopefully every SPL mgr so you can set up your team and identify potential weakness

BackOfTheNet
17 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Or in other words. Peter Lawwell tells the SFA Celtic are wanting a player signed in time to play the weekend, so they’d better get their arse to Hampden on Saturday morning first thing. And bring the coffees.

Whereas any other club barring the other arse cheek would have to ask nicely where the reply would be ‘Nah that’s your problem, we’ll get round to it next week maybe’.

In short, yes. I’m sure the other clubs don’t even bother to ask, and likely in most cases employ their own admin staff Monday - Friday only.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Wouldn’t be surprised if Woodburn has had a training session.  I remember working up at HW and often took in training on my break. 

I must’ve seen Glenn Whelan train on 2 or 3 different days before he was announced.  

42 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

You are allowed a maximum of 17 non home grown / association developed players, then also allowed up to 8 home grown / association developed to give a senior squad maximum of 25 players. Any under 21s do not need to be named in the squad and can be played!

European squads are more complicated where 4 (or more of the 8 must be club trained / developed. Additionally U21s must be registered for a period of time with an association club to enable them to play without being named in the squad!

How is this quota criteria affected by Brexit visa regulations for non-EU citizens?

46 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Think it’s all digitally done online nowadays 

Jambof3tornado

I think he'll be in the crowd and deal done monday.

Not itk just dont expect us to have it done for him to play this weekend.

Drylaw Hearts
1 hour ago, Hearts of Vladland said:

From memory we tried to sign someone after 5pm on a Friday and told we were too late and the office was shut for the weekend. Celtic then proceeded to sign Sinclair on the Sunday, I think the paper work was done on the Saturday when someone just happened to be in the office at the weekend.

What a load of garbage 😂

TyphoonJambo
5 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

What a load of garbage 😂

He then scored the winner, if I remember correctly

Auld Reekin'
23 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Woodburn has had a training session.  I remember working up at HW and often took in training on my break. 

I must’ve seen Glenn Whelan train on 2 or 3 different days before he was announced.  

...and on no occasions at all after he was announced!  :jj_facepalm: :vangry:

Drylaw Hearts
20 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

He then scored the winner, if I remember correctly

That bit is unfortunately true.

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Who cares who these paraffin lamps sign. 

This is a Hearts thread.

My post was giving more info relating to another post that someone made saying they had signed a defender.

I know it is a Hearts thread but if you look at the amount of crap that is posted on here already then why just single me out?

Did you reply the same to the posters that said Dundee Utd and Hibs had just signed players on this very thread ?

34 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I think he'll be in the crowd and deal done monday.

Not itk just dont expect us to have it done for him to play this weekend.

It’s certainly looking like this bud, still live in hope he will run out tomorrow with the famous maroon shirt on though 🤞

6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

My post was giving more info relating to another post that someone made saying they had signed a defender.

I know it is a Hearts thread but if you look at the amount of crap that is posted on here already then why just single me out?

Did you reply the same to the posters that said Dundee Utd and Hibs had just signed players on this very thread ?

Don’t let it bother you mate.

10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Keeping Aberdeen guessing perhaps. Registered and ready to go.......I pray 

This is where I’m at 🤞🏻

15 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Keeping Aberdeen guessing perhaps. Registered and ready to go.......I pray 

I read that Considine and Hedges are both struggling with injuries which is a bonus although they do have a big squad to choose from.

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I know the paperwork for a player who went on loan had to be completed on the Friday to allow them to play on the Saturday immediately after

Edited by Hesh

8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I read that Considine and Hedges are both struggling with injuries which is a bonus although they do have a big squad to choose from.

They haven’t really,was looking at their squad yesterday and only about 22 senior players plus a few youngsters. 

Edited by GinRummy

Sinclair was unveiled on the Sunday morning.

allegedly signed in the Saturday which stinks even more.

Sure there’s a rule a player must be registered before the first game of the match round is played (eg if there’s a Friday night game they must be registered before then) but that might be false 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

They haven’t really was looking at their squad yesterday and only about 22 senior players plus a few youngsters. 

That's good, I was taking it on the basis of what one of their players and Robbie had said in an article after their game on Thursday about the benfits of having a big squad. I hadn't looked.

Just now, wavydavy said:

That's good, I was taking it on the basis of what one of their players and Robbie had said in an article after their game on Thursday about the benfits of having a big squad. I hadn't looked.

Yep, I can’t remember what made me look but could have been that article.  

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Davy, I replied to my own post having misunderstood the context. 

That was my mistake as I was a bit premature. Wasn't singling you out and I apologise. 

Enjoy the match tomorrow, mate.

Cheers, hope you enjoy also. 😍

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***