***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

3 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Have to say, and I hate saying anything positive about them, James Scott is a good signing for Hibs. 

He may be a brilliant signing but what is the evidence to back it up? 6 goals in his last 62 games. Couldn't get a game for a league 1 team.  

To me it looks to be a case of overhype, don't think going on loan will do him much good at this stage of his career, hibs will use him as a bit part player.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Just saw Klopp’s pre-matcher on Sky. He was in a foul ****ing mood.

He’s not been the same this year at all with the media in general, not taken well to being questioned. The reluctance of the owners to spend money, like the two guys they brought in to cover for Van Dijk (Celtic wanted one of them) and have only signed one guy this summer. Salah has really carried them, if he doesn’t score they struggle. 

Spoke to Brother in Law last night about Woodburn, as he’s a massive Kopsh1te and has a few connections to some of the older ex-players at club.

Spoke very highly of Woodburn, when he broke into first team, he was expected to go all the way. A few bad loans and injury has stalled career but apparently was back to his best in games against Bilbao and Osasuna. Believes this move is to put him in shop window at end of contract next year. Also said if played in right way, he’s head and shoulders above anything in the SPL.

Under the floodlight
13 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Every player dan saaf is head n shoulders above us though?

Always have been, always will, worked in London 87-2004 every player in Scotland sh*** until they moved to ingerlund then miraculously became a better player. Biased opinions are invalid, how can you judge when you don't actually know anything.

25 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Every player dan saaf is head n shoulders above us though?

You speak to any Liverpool or Man U supporter about any of their fringe/youth/fifth choice players and they’ll tell you they’d do well in Scotland. Most of them know nothing about Scottish Football and don’t watch it. 

Edited by GinRummy

KyleLafferty

Hopefully Woodburn comes up today and Is announced. If he isn’t in the Liverpool squad today then the hold up Is just bizzare.

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Well, it is early morning. So I suppose that's to be expected.

Never take early morning woody for granted.

Edited by TypoonJambo

2 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

Spoke to Brother in Law last night about Woodburn, as he’s a massive Kopsh1te and has a few connections to some of the older ex-players at club.

Spoke very highly of Woodburn, when he broke into first team, he was expected to go all the way. A few bad loans and injury has stalled career but apparently was back to his best in games against Bilbao and Osasuna. Believes this move is to put him in shop window at end of contract next year. Also said if played in right way, he’s head and shoulders above anything in the SPL.

He's into the last year of his contract, why would Liverpool want to put him in the shop window? At best they'll be selling him in January with 6 months left on his contract.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
2 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

While I obviously hope that (if he comes) Woodburn proves to be 'head and shoulders above anything else', it appears your brother-in-law is suggesting that if he doesn't then it'll be down to the way we play him rather than he'd just be another over-rated dud sent up here with high expectations and your brother-in-law is just assuming, and wanting to emphasise, the 'we're better than you' attitude of most English football fans.

2 minutes ago, Beni said:

He's into the last year of his contract, why would Liverpool want to put him in the shop window? At best they'll be selling him in January with 6 months left on his contract.

Think they were hoping to sell him this window.  That’s why he got game time.  Maybe a club is interested? Who knows? 

10 minutes ago, Beni said:

He’s putting himself in shop window. No guarantees that Liverpool will offer him a new contract so he’s got to be putting himself out there to see if someone will pick him up should he leave Liverpool

7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s not been the same this year at all with the media in general, not taken well to being questioned. The reluctance of the owners to spend money, like the two guys they brought in to cover for Van Dijk (Celtic wanted one of them) and have only signed one guy this summer. Salah has really carried them, if he doesn’t score they struggle. 

I generally find him to be a bit of a tit with the media.

Sorry for offending all you Liverpool fans :lol:

10 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

While I obviously hope that (if he comes) Woodburn proves to be 'head and shoulders above anything else', it appears your brother-in-law is suggesting that if he doesn't then it'll be down to the way we play him rather than he'd just be another over-rated dud sent up here with high expectations and your brother-in-law is just assuming, and wanting to emphasise, the 'we're better than you' attitude of most English football fans.

Not at all but he’s plays in what brother in law sees as attacking midfield/number 10 role and reckons with right service in that area he’ll be an absolute stand out

John Findlay
50 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

What’s the story?

Someone is boasting about their morning glory.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
2 minutes ago, Beni said:

I reckon it's more likely to be a case of last chance saloon for him. Go out and prove you're good enough for a new contract or find yourself another club in January, or at the end of the season. While many will say that doing well in Scottish football won't make him a Liverpool class player I'd imagine that what Klopp etc would be most interested in is how he copes with the matches played to a full house and the boiler house atmosphere of the Edinburgh Derby and games at Ibrox and Parkhead. In fact, that might be one reason for sending him to Hearts rather than to the 'higher level' of Celtic or TRFC, where he'd be more protected from the impact of those highly charged games by the better players around him. Going to one of the Uglies might be seen as too easy an option for him to prove much (plus, of course, he might not get a regular game, anyway).

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I generally find him to be a bit of a tit with the media.

Sorry for offending all you Liverpool fans :lol:

Same, smug twat

Unknown user

Re Woodburn, when you watch his Liverpool goals video (cups mostly) it's noticeable that Kent's in the same team and usually involved.

Kent's a toss but I'd be happy if that's the level Widdy's at.

Edited by Smithee

13 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

He’s putting himself in shop window. No guarantees that Liverpool will offer him a new contract so he’s got to be putting himself out there to see if someone will pick him up should he leave Liverpool

Fair enough, I'm maybe paying too much attention to the language. If he's going to earn a new contract at Liverpool he'll need to have a successful loan spell, so hopefully we can benefit from that.

18 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I reckon it's more likely to be a case of last chance saloon for him. Go out and prove you're good enough for a new contract or find yourself another club in January, or at the end of the season. While many will say that doing well in Scottish football won't make him a Liverpool class player I'd imagine that what Klopp etc would be most interested in is how he copes with the matches played to a full house and the boiler house atmosphere of the Edinburgh Derby and games at Ibrox and Parkhead. In fact, that might be one reason for sending him to Hearts rather than to the 'higher level' of Celtic or TRFC, where he'd be more protected from the impact of those highly charged games by the better players around him. Going to one of the Uglies might be seen as too easy an option for him to prove much (plus, of course, he might not get a regular game, anyway).

It'd be ironic if Liverpool fans took that view considering two of there best players were moulded by Scottish football in Van Dijk and Robertson.

Granted there's a been a stepping stone in between but nothing to suggest a loan at Woodburns current age wouldn't do him the world of good.

21 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

That seems like a fair summary.

My levels of excitement caused by loanees from EPL teams have dwindled over the years, and Pereira killed them off for good.

Although in the past we seem to have had rejects working their tickets to the lower leagues, Woodburn does seem to still have a chance at Liverpool which is encouraging, but my whelms will remain sheathed until he does the business on the pitch.

48 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Think they were hoping to sell him this window.  That’s why he got game time.  Maybe a club is interested? Who knows? 

It is a bit strange that he's not trained the last couple of days (if true), if it's because a move is imminent let's hope it's to Hearts.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
5 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Not at all but he’s plays in what brother in law sees as attacking midfield/number 10 role and reckons with right service in that area he’ll be an absolute stand out

Fair enough. It's just that, living in England, myself, I'm used to the attitude I described.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
30 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

It'd be ironic if Liverpool fans took that view considering two of there best players were moulded by Scottish football in Van Dijk and Robertson.

Granted there's a been a stepping stone in between but nothing to suggest a loan at Woodburns current age wouldn't do him the world of good.

There's plenty in Scotland would disagree with you, even some on here are happy to run down the Scottish game.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
21 minutes ago, Beni said:

That seems like a fair summary.

My levels of excitement caused by loanees from EPL teams have dwindled over the years, and Pereira killed them off for good.

Although in the past we seem to have had rejects working their tickets to the lower leagues, Woodburn does seem to still have a chance at Liverpool which is encouraging, but my whelms will remain sheathed until he does the business on the pitch.

I personally think he probably doesn't have a long term future at Liverpool but will still, probably, be a cut above the rest in Scotland if we do land him on loan. If he does well at Hearts and can show the ability he did in his earlier years, then I'm sure he'll have a pretty good career in the EPL, rather than the lower leagues, ahead of him.

Cardiff Hearts

Wee birdie tells me Woodburn deal is in balance - both Welsh Championship sides expressing interest now and both LFC and player keen. 

watch this space….

KyleLafferty
8 minutes ago, Cardiff Hearts said:

Wee birdie tells me Woodburn deal is in balance - both Welsh Championship sides expressing interest now and both LFC and player keen. 

watch this space….

The deal with hearts is done and signed, it’s about when. It would never have got leaked if it wasn’t.

10 minutes ago, Cardiff Hearts said:

watch this space….

For a guy who supposedly didn’t do very well at Blackpool and wants to move to play games that news is quite bizarre imo. If a championship club was deemed a level he could play regularly at then he would have been touted to those clubs before us.  

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Just a thought on the delay that Klopp appears to have instigated in Woodburn's loan deal. With absolutely nothing more than my own thoughts to go on, could it be that Woodburn has picked up an injury but with Klopp/Liverpool keen to send him on loan they don't want Hearts to pull out of the deal if they know/believe Woodburn is carrying an injury? Could explain his absence from training - on the treatment table - and him not being in the Liverpool squad for today's game. I'm just as mystified as anyone else over this delay as the explanations given, or surmised, don't add up if he's not training or in the squad. And, of course, a player coming to Hearts is almost bound to have some sort of injury, it's the law.

For the record, I'm not suggesting Liverpool are so keen to get him off the payroll for 6 months that they'd disguise an injury, just that they might be so keen for the loan to go ahead that they fear knowledge of a (short term) injury might cause Hearts to pull the plug on the deal. In the meantime they expect/hope to have him fully fit before the window closes.

13 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I prefer the zero leaks policy…

Everyone does, but age catches up with all of us eventually. 

Dark trousers are the way forward.

I've heard.

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, Beni said:

I've heard.

:isee:

jamboinglasgow
12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

For a guy who supposedly didn’t do very well at Blackpool and wants to move to play games that news is quite bizarre imo. If a championship club was deemed a level he could play regularly at then he would have been touted to those clubs before us.  

If i was Woodburn and that rumour is true I would question how seriously Cardiff want him to play regularly. As it smacks of Cardiff just grabbing a player with no real plan so they can have another player, otherwise they would have approached Liverpool for a loan before. He will get some games but not enough for what he needs.

6 minutes ago, Beni said:

I've heard.

Made me laugh and sad at the same time. 😐

You almost want him now just to throw a spanner in the works of Aberdeens prep. 

1 minute ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Just a thought on the delay that Klopp appears to have instigated in Woodburn's loan deal. With absolutely nothing more than my own thoughts to go on, could it be that Woodburn has picked up an injury but with Klopp/Liverpool keen to send him on loan they don't want Hearts to pull out of the deal if they know/believe Woodburn is carrying an injury? Could explain his absence from training - on the treatment table - and him not being in the Liverpool squad for today's game. I'm just as mystified as anyone else over this delay as the explanations given, or surmised, don't add up if he's not training or in the squad. And, of course, a player coming to Hearts is almost bound to have some sort of injury, it's the law.

For the record, I'm not suggesting Liverpool are so keen to get him off the payroll for 6 months that they'd disguise an injury, just that they might be so keen for the loan to go ahead that they fear knowledge of a (short term) injury might cause Hearts to pull the plug on the deal. In the meantime they expect/hope to have him fully fit before the window closes.

I think Savage has already displayed his reluctance to be ****ed about regarding transfers - We were apparently in for James Scott at Hull, all agreed then St Mirren offer to buy him, Hull knock us back, St Mirren can't afford the deal and then Savage tells Hull to piss off. (or something along those lines). So I don't know if Savage is one to entertain Liverpool playing silly beggars. Could be as transparent as the deal is done but Klopp is just concerned about depth until they get someone in. 

3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

If i was Woodburn and that rumour is true I would question how seriously Cardiff want him to play regularly. As it smacks of Cardiff just grabbing a player with no real plan so they can have another player, otherwise they would have approached Liverpool for a loan before. He will get some games but not enough for what he needs.

He’s had too many loan spells already where he’s failed to nail down a first team place. If he can’t do it at Blackpool I just can’t see him doing it at Cardiff or Swansea.  Time to play regularly at 21 surely. 

Maybe oversimplified there but it’s how I feel about it. 

Edited by GinRummy

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He’s had too many loan spells already where he’s failed to nail down a first team place. If he can’t do it at Blackpool I just can’t see him doing it at Cardiff or Swansea.  Time to play regularly at 21 surely. 

Maybe oversimplified there but it’s how I feel about it. 

Maybe we should just walk away from this now, if others are interested and they appeal as a better option for Liverpool then that's where he'll go. 

Just now, feej said:

Maybe we should just walk away from this now, if others are interested and they appeal as a better option for Liverpool then that's where he'll go. 

I’m so impressed with our new signing policy I’m actually starting to feel confident we’ll do the right thing. If we have other options I doubt whether we’ll wait. If not, nothing to lose. 

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m so impressed with our new signing policy I’m actually starting to feel confident we’ll do the right thing. If we have other options I doubt whether we’ll wait. If not, nothing to lose. 

Agreed, I'm sure we'll have other midfield/attacking options to move on with.

Edited by feej

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

This, I think it would be a great move for him but if it doesn’t go through I’m sure we will have had talks with other clubs regarding players in that area for the team , time will tell.

47 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

The deal with hearts is done and signed, it’s about when. It would never have got leaked if it wasn’t.

It was leaked from the Liverpool end and he was due to come up here on Wednesday initially according to reports. Something changed.

If the deal was done he'd be here by now. Wouldn't be that surprising if the whole thing was orchestrated to get him a "better" move.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***