***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

stevie1874
15 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

One good one, instead of four bit players for a change. 

I agree, maybe even stretch to two good ones if certain players move on 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Lansbury always looked a class player but seems to be a drifter. Waste of talent I think. 

Watkins was pretty impressive for Aberdeen prior to an injury that ended the loan. 

i seem to recall a few years ago that he was being hailed as "the next best thing" but it just didn't happen.  Also on the wrong side of 26 as are Paterson and Watkins.

Batistuta87
7 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

You play too much FM fella. 

I actually don't at all. Haven't had it since about 2010. 

As mentioned earlier, I used to travel a lot for work and instead of sitting in the hotel bar I'd go and watch lower league games because tickets were cheap and it gave me something to do. Did it for 4yrs and maybe caught a game every other week depending where I was so I've seen a lot of lower league football down south. Had a season ticket at Pride Park at one point 😂

Leveins Battalion
40 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

No we shouldn't, hardly played for Partick till end of season, we are in bargain basement so you never know mind.

How are we in the bargain basement?

McEneff,GMS and Gnaduilett would suggest otherwise,Hibs type post IMO.

27 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

How are we in the bargain basement?

McEneff,GMS and Gnaduilett would suggest otherwise,Hibs type post IMO.

It's getting boring now, two frees and an unknown fee you have listed. In my opinion your a fraud.

Leveins Battalion
13 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

It's getting boring now, two frees and an unknown fee you have listed. In my opinion your a fraud.

Ok so Gordon,Souttar,Kingsley and Boyce would suggest that we are not in the bargain basement.

Add in the huge wages of Damour,Naismith and Berra suggests we are not in the bargain basement.

But aye bash on with your Hibs type guff.

12 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Ok so Gordon,Souttar,Kingsley and Boyce would suggest that we are not in the bargain basement.

Add in the huge wages of Damour,Naismith and Berra suggests we are not in the bargain basement.

But aye bash on with your Hibs type guff.

Maybe your not a fraud just dippit, but when Hearts don't pay anymore than 100k for a player I will expect an apology, we have already been gazumped by Hibs/Aberdeen which reflects the situation we are in.

On 12/05/2021 at 18:50, ToqueJambo said:

Do we? What makes you think we don't want young players with sell-on potential. We went for Stuart Findlay. Before that Halkett and Souttar. We picked up McEneff. Primarily we want players to play for us. I don't want us to be like Hibs and pay 250 grand for someone and spend the next season trying to sell him. I'd like us to build a team and would rather we get a good 24 year old for 150k or something and have him for 3 years than have him for 1.5 and sell him for a couple of million. If we do that it's less likely we'll be able to build a team like the 98 cup winning team, that took 2-3 years to build.

Yes, we are largely operating in the freebie market like all clubs. We do pay a couple of hundred grand now and then though. Whether we can pay 350-500 for better players, who knows. But it's no guarantee of success. Aberdeen have been going backwards for 3 years and have been forking out large fees for the likes of McCrorie, who is a good player but who has not exactly made Aberdeen better. Hibs have spent a lot of money and may or may not win something. 7th then 3rd is not a great return otherwise.

I largely agree. I'd love us to bring players in that wanted to play for Hearts first and then....who knows. We did that previously with the likes of Cameron, McCann etc and we should continue to do so. You mention Hibs bringing in a player and look to sell him on after a short time...yes, i get your point but if (in this instance) Hibs want to make money then it's understandable. The money they get for the transfer gives them some cash to go and look for the next £250/350k player and do the same again, all while they are contributing to their team. It's a win-win. They contribute, the club get cash.  I can't remember how much they paid for Nisbet but it couldn't have been more than we paid for Wighton. They will likely sell him for a profit though, we released Wighton who then signed a pre-contract for Dunfermline. No money for us and that's the difference. You could say the same about John McGinn for that matter. 

On signing freebies.....i tend to think there are three kinds. Ones that are released from their club because they're not good enough, journeymen that just want any old contract and drift along in their careers, ones that are near the end of their careers....(Berra, Gordon for example) and then ones that need to move to try and kick start their career for themselves. In this case i'd be talking about someone like Jimmy Dunne. Someone who is still young enough to kick on and make something of themselves. He's actually a good example of getting a freebie and potentially selling him on for a decent transfer fee in future. If scouting is good enough, players like that are achievable. The first freebie type is the one you don't want.

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Maybe your not a fraud just dippit, but when Hearts don't pay anymore than 100k for a player I will expect an apology, we have already been gazumped by Hibs/Aberdeen which reflects the situation we are in.

Wasting my breath here but we have just paid £175,000 for McEneff and last season paid £165,000 for Boyce so aye i'm a fraud and dippit making remarks like Hearts don't pay more than 100k for a player:gok:

Honestly how you have not been launched from here is mind boggling.

On 10/05/2021 at 15:19, soonbe110 said:

We had a stack of potential full backs at that time. Add Logan and Sandison and Ward to the mix. 

Which is even more baffling considering this is a position we have struggled in for as long as I can remember.

On 12/05/2021 at 21:21, Malinga the Swinga said:

How many games does he dominate for team in 4th bottom? Not that many obviously. 

I admitted I hadn't seen him play loads of games, but didn't realise you followed Motherwell games on regular basis. I mean you wouldn't lie or exaggerate would you. 

I don't think a position in a League can be the guide of how good (or bad) an individual player is.  You can easily be a good player in a piss-poor team. I remember watching John McGinn for example standing out head and shoulders above the rest of his team-mates through in Paisley and then he gets a move to Hibs. Right now, St Mirren are pretty average at best but they yet again have another player who stands out for them, Jamie McGrath with 16 goals from midfield. If scouting is done properly, these types of players should/would be recommended to the club as ones to make a note of. They can't be ignored or the likes of Hibs or Aberdeen will sneak in ahead of us. The only clubs that we should struggle against when it comes to signing players is the old firm because of the wage they give players. We have to be sharp and smart and get in there early before it's too late.

11 minutes ago, 151 said:

Which is even more baffling considering this is a position we have struggled in for as long as I can remember.

Age is a factor but not the only one. 

33 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Wasting my breath here but we have just paid £175,000 for McEneff and last season paid £165,000 for Boyce so aye i'm a fraud and dippit making remarks like Hearts don't pay more than 100k for a player:gok:

:jj_facepalm:

maroonblood
4 hours ago, Berra than you said:

A quick look at his Twitter likes suggests he's a hibee. However I think he's one worth taking a punt on. One for the future maybe.

He is a Hibby - source, his mum who is an even bigger Hibby. Was with Rangers since he was a kid and let go last year after a few mixed loan periods. Did well in loan spells up here but not so well down south. 

Batistuta87

Couple more this afternoon: 

Big clear-out at Scunthorpe: 

Charlie Barks,

Jacob Bedeau,

Junior Brown,

Lewis Butroid,

Jordan Clarke,

Andy Dales,

Abo Eisa,

Alex Gilliead,

George Hornshaw,

Mark Howard,

Jem Karacan,

Adam Kelsey,

Harrison McGahey,

Kelsey Mooney,

Olufela Olomola,

Raynner Silva,

Kevin van Veen

Oldham:

Gary Woods,

Laurence Bilboe,

Cameron Borthwick-Jackson,

Sido Jombati,

Brice Ntambwe,

Marcus Barnes.

Crewe Alexandra: 

Eddie Nolan
Daniel Powell
Olly Lancashire

Accrington Stanley: 

Joe Maguire

Lamine Kaba Sherif

Jack Bolton

Reagan Ogle 

Zehn Mohammed

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Can I just say it's great to see the word dippit used in a couple of posts.

A "Dippit jobby heed" should be a thing. 

Portable Badger
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

A "Dippit jobby heed" should be a thing. 

Thought they were called Hibees?

Leveins Battalion
6 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Couple more this afternoon: 

Big clear-out at Scunthorpe: 

Charlie Barks,

Jacob Bedeau,

Junior Brown,

Lewis Butroid,

Jordan Clarke,

Andy Dales,

Abo Eisa,

Alex Gilliead,

George Hornshaw,

Mark Howard,

Jem Karacan,

Adam Kelsey,

Harrison McGahey,

Kelsey Mooney,

Olufela Olomola,

Raynner Silva,

Kevin van Veen

Oldham:

Gary Woods,

Laurence Bilboe,

Cameron Borthwick-Jackson,

Sido Jombati,

Brice Ntambwe,

Marcus Barnes.

Crewe Alexandra: 

Eddie Nolan
Daniel Powell
Olly Lancashire

Accrington Stanley: 

Joe Maguire

Lamine Kaba Sherif

Jack Bolton

Reagan Ogle 

Zehn Mohammed

1 player from

Oldham worth going for.Dylan Bahamboula.👍

Leveins Battalion
Just now, JackLadd said:

That Scunny type clearout should be matched by Neilson. 

Think it is

Doyle

Zlamal

White

Berra

Cochrane

Frear

Moore

Lee

Wighton

fair few punted.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

It will be. 

2 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Thought they were called Hibees?

👍

Batistuta87
29 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Not far off it already to be fair... Couple more to go too. 

David Black
32 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Think it is

Doyle

Zlamal

White

Berra

Cochrane

Frear

Moore

Lee

Wighton

fair few punted.

Hopefully add Naismith, Damour, Popescu and possibly Irvine leaving as well.

4 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

I agree, maybe even stretch to two good ones if certain players move on 

Doubly good. 

7 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Dundee Utd release Paul McMullan, Dillon Powers, Adam King, Lewis Fraser and Mackenzie Lemon.

Is Paul McMullan shite then. He’s always looked ok to me. 

jamboinglasgow
Just now, GinRummy said:

He had already signed for Dundee.

Batistuta87
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He was dangerous when we played them last season. Quick, always looking to attack, could get a cross in... Must have just had a good game! He's signed for Dundee I think.

Edited by Batistuta87

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

He had already signed for Dundee.

👍🏻 My mistake. Getting confused. 

Batistuta87
6 minutes ago, feej said:

Jacob Bedeau, left sided centre back from Scunthorpe would be worth a look at.

Cool 👍🏻 - couldn't tell you anything about him myself but certainly what we need positionally speaking. 

19 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Dundee Utd release Paul McMullan, Dillon Powers, Adam King, Lewis Fraser and Mackenzie Lemon.

I bet he’s really bitter. 

4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Cool 👍🏻 - couldn't tell you anything about him myself but certainly what we need positionally speaking. 

Think he was highly rated at Villa.

Just now, Agentjambo said:

Like what?

There’s not exactly a lot going on with the club just now. Tell me why he caught your eye in particular. I know zero about him. 

Batistuta87
37 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Abo Eisa Might be worth having a look at.

Are we looking at him or is this just a suggestion? One I called out above... I like the look of him. He's absolutely rapid, can play up front, right and left wing, 24yo.... Fits all the criteria 👍🏻

Edited by Batistuta87

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

I bet he’s really bitter. 

Nobody told United the phrase isn't " when life gives you lemons you don't renew their contract."

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Like what?

Does he have a car? 

4 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

We are quoted as paying 160000 euros as a package that's not 175k, do you understand package/exchange rates?

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

We are quoted as paying 160000 euros as a package that's not 175k, do you understand package/exchange rates?

Hahahahaha whatever fits your narrative Hibs boy.

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Actually quite liked the look of McMullan. Pacy winger.

Wouldn't touch that Mackenzie Lemon though, meant to be a sour wee *****......

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Tell me more please. 

His brothers at Peterborough and Darragh Macanthony was talking him up quite a bit (not the player we're talking about mind :D but his stats look decent tbf)

5 minutes ago, OTT said:

His brothers at Peterborough and Darragh Macanthony was talking him up quite a bit (not the player we're talking about mind :D but his stats look decent tbf)

Thanks. 😀

Guess The Crowd
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Does he have a car? 

😀 Decent gag for a Summer Night. 

2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Hahahahaha whatever fits your narrative Hibs boy.

It be you that's the hobo sannn, massive deflection.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***