• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Batistuta87
23 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I've touted him for the last 2 windows.😎

Hadnt noticed mate - would definitely be worth a punt for us IMO

Batistuta87
22 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Sounds good. Dropping from Stoke to Mansfield is quite the fall. Wonder what happened. 

Looks like he joined on loan initially for the 18/19 season, impressed, and signed a 2y deal at the end of it when his Stoke contact expired. Stoke had failed miserably to get back up to the Premier league that year so maybe they had to drastically cut costs and release anyone they could.

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Looks like he joined on loan initially for the 18/19 season, impressed, and signed a 2y deal at the end of it when his Stoke contact expired. Stoke had failed miserably to get back up to the Premier league that year so maybe they had to drastically cut costs and release anyone they could.

Cheers 👍

Lord Beni of Gorgie

After Haring surprised we never looked at that market again. EFL doesn't translate well to SPFL or vice versa really. 

Mind you Brexit probably scuppered that route or am I wrong?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Moult released. Seriously get him signed up. If he’s fit (apparently he is) what a signing

It’s his fitness that’s the problem, he’s only played twice in the last two years. Might be a risk worth taking and Savage will know everything about him. 

12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s his fitness that’s the problem, he’s only played twice in the last two years. Might be a risk worth taking and Savage will know everything about him. 

Could be a deal worth doing, but it would need to be heavily weighted in our favour. 

No qualms paying him good money if its on an incentive basis, but we don't want to be caught short if the lad breaks down again. 

Suspect there will be a lot of teams in england at league 1 level eager to sign him up regardless. So might be tricky to get done.

Batistuta87
32 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

You must watch a fair bit of football to be able to recommend that many players

I used to travel quite a bit for work and would always try and catch a midweek lower league game wherever I was, just for something to do at night. So yeah over a 3-4yr period in my job I've seen quite a lot of lower league English teams but haven't heard of everyone I've listed. The names I've underlined I've either seen them play and thought they looked alright, some of them I've only heard of. In terms of actually recommending any of them though I don't think I could since I haven't been anywhere in over a year 🤷🏻

Edited by Batistuta87

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

This Ryan Sweeney from Mansfield has tweaked my interest. Irish U21 cap, 24yo now, 6ft4, left sided centre back, a "beast" apparently, aggressive and strong, highly regarded in his younger days and was being chased by just about every big English club while he was at Stoke... 

I was sold at left sided. 

If we can't get Jimmy Dunne or Wallace Murray then this lad makes sense. I want to see players play in their natural position. Souttar is a right sided centreback, although he could play on the left since he's got good feet. preferably though, we'd partner him with a left footer. 

39 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

He hasn't even been linked to the club apart from a quick mention on here! 😂 😂 

You do know we're a care  home for these guys. 

Batistuta87
12 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Aye, thats one way to stay out of the hotel bar and way better than raiding the mini bar! 

Definitely! Had a season ticket at Derby at one point 😂 - managed to blag it from my employer who had an office right by Pride Park! 

My boss had a corporate ST at Reading too and probably went to half a dozen or so games with him. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, OTT said:

Could be a deal worth doing, but it would need to be heavily weighted in our favour. 

No qualms paying him good money if its on an incentive basis, but we don't want to be caught short if the lad breaks down again. 

Suspect there will be a lot of teams in england at league 1 level eager to sign him up regardless. So might be tricky to get done.

Anyone signing him is taking a chance, look at how long it’s taken Haring to get back, can we wait on him getting up to speed. I would rather take a chance on Ginnelly to be honest. 

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

It’s very obvious what 2 because they are the 2 he mentions but Hey Ho you might be right.

It’s the journo that mentions them not Neilson. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Neilson is looking for his magic pin.  EENY MEENY MINY MOE, please let me pick a diamond from here.

You know we have a Sporting Director right? EENY MEENY MINY MO is his job.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Could sign moult on pay as you play. Savage will know his injury history.

Moult could be Sammon or could be Boyce. I'm leaning towards Sammon as he doesn't seem to have done too much since leaving Well. As experienced back-up maybe.

Leveins Battalion
9 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

League 2 😕

Sheffield Wednesday and Preston after him also.

12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Moult could be Sammon or could be Boyce. I'm leaning towards Sammon as he doesn't seem to have done too much since leaving Well. As experienced back-up maybe.

As long as doesn’t go down 3 year deal path

23 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

League 2 😕

Champs of League 2. Also Scottish. One year left on his contract

Batistuta87
59 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Will Boyle is a player we are looking at.

20 minutes ago, Musemic said:

Champs of League 2. Also Scottish. One year left on his contract

Free agent - contract expires 30th June. 

Don't know much about him. Looks like he's made it into L2 Team Of The Season though:

C1B491F4-B14F-4E16-8427-35BAE351FF1B.jpeg

Edited by Batistuta87

6 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Free agent - contract expires 30th June. 

Don't know much about him. Looks like he's made it into L2 Team Of The Season though:

C1B491F4-B14F-4E16-8427-35BAE351FF1B.jpeg

Didn’t even know Wes Hoolahan was still playing 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

It’s the journo that mentions them not Neilson. 

Shame on Neilson he gets blames for everything. 

56 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You know we have a Sporting Director right? EENY MEENY MINY MO is his job.

Wee Joe gives him a list of say 1 to 4 players but it’s our Robbie (lucky at Bingo) Neilson who picks a number. 

StirlingJambo

Not hearts related but was told Sheffield Wednesday skint, still haven’t paid Cardiff money for Patterson and have asked Cardiff if they would take him back. Middlesborough also looking to sign him.  

Famous 1874
35 minutes ago, StirlingJambo said:

Not hearts related but was told Sheffield Wednesday skint, still haven’t paid Cardiff money for Patterson and have asked Cardiff if they would take him back. Middlesborough also looking to sign him.  

Get the big man back up here 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Could sign moult on pay as you play. Savage will know his injury history.

He might not fancy that tho. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Mouyce or a sammoult? 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
9 hours ago, martoon said:

Iirc, Neilson publicly stated last summer the formation he wanted to play.

That can't be a wise move.

Nor is letting your opponents know up front that you've now come up with a plan b. They'll know as soon as you use it, what it is and also that, if it fails, the only alternative is the already failed plan a.

Isn't a head coach, even at Hearts' level, supposed to have more than 2 weapons in his arsenal?

And should he be flashing them at all and sundry beforehand?

Did he get his coaching badges at Disney Land?

To be fair Robbie rattled off the systems of a a few SPL clubs and their second systems- it will hardly be a big secret after pre-season games start mate

😂😂

30 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

To be fair Robbie rattled off the systems of a a few SPL clubs and their second systems- it will hardly be a big secret after pre-season games start mate

😂😂

I suspect not, TH.

😆

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Nah, can't see it. Pure paper talk. 

Yup, just the usual story of throwing out Scottish names to keep Celtic fans happy.

7 hours ago, StirlingJambo said:

Slightly hearts related as we were due a sell on fee which probably haven’t received 

As long as whoever we bring in has been properly scouted by savage and the recruitment team and not just watched on wyscout or whatever it is, then hopefully it will be an improvement, i want more signings like McEneff, players that have the potential to be really good and that we can hopefuĺly sell on later for a fee.

Although having said that if the right player is available but doesn't fit in with that, then you still have to push the boat out for said player.

StirlingJambo
7 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Get the big man back up here 

I wish! No chance though, on 15k a week down there. 

14 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Celtic have the young boy Adam Montgomery coming through who made his debut the other night and got rave reviews. Can’t see them going for Hickey when they’ve got him. 

Yeah sounds like a story to keep the Celtic fans on board that Howe is on the way!

The Apprentice
10 hours ago, Joey Ramone said:

Hamilton now definitely being relegated, Scott McMann would be a great signing

Surely you’re not being serious? 

19 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Buying players with a view to selling them on is not a priority and is a flawed policy. 

If we buy players with potential at the right age the rest will look after itself. Buying journeyman who have dodged about different clubs on free transfers or has beens needs to be the exception rather than the norm. 

Edited by GinRummy

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***