***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

PhoenixHearts
1 hour ago, Thought Police said:

With our system I’d say it’s curtains for McEneff, Haring and Pollock. Robbie will rotate between Beni, this guy and Halliday.

Haring is streets better than Halliday. Even post-injury.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Absolute Scenes
32 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Halliday has contributed more to our club recently than Haring. He might not deserve a love in but he isn't even receiving any respect due to who he supports.

agreed that Halliday gets so much stick for no other reason than his affiliations to his boyhood club. He's been a pretty good servant to us so far.  I like Halliday and hope he stays as he's a great option on the bench to have

24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Walker is toast I think. 20 minutes at the death of a match when the pace is gone from the game, about all I can see for him now

I agree, I can't remember the last time he started a match and had a good game.  Has done well off the bench on several occasions though.

PhoenixHearts
9 minutes ago, hisnameis said:

Cant believe people are saying Halliday contributes far more than Haring. You just have to look at the difference when him and Souttar came back in at the end of last season. Also the impact he had when coming on last weekend. For me, and I know it is all about opinions, Peter Haring is miles ahead of Halliday. He is a physically and technically far better. He is more effective in the air and a better tackler and passer. Tanking about like a radge and clattering folk does note make a midfielder for me. Halliday was a lucky boy to stay on the park after his challenge on Mc Gregor which would have finished it had he been sent off. 

This and it's not even close. Haring is twice the player Halliday is.

But Halliday is a good Scoatish lad eh, gets stuck in and runs about a lot. 

Its seems to me that many fans can't compliment either Halliday or Haring without criticising the other

Looks like we are looking to the future and building a squad rather than panic knee jerk signings which is refreshing.  Said it numerous times, we have the spine of a really good team, just need to add to that spine and we will be back at top end.  

CB and RB and we will be good for this season provided no outgoings.

Boyces beard
3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Here is where I get pelters, mate.

The top teams down there could easily be top 6 in our league, in my opinion. Just because Bozanic and MacLaren do well doesn't mean the overall standard is low. There are good players down there. Like Devlin obviously.

Maybe one of our Aussie based Jambos could back me up or disagree.

Cheers mate, sounds like he will be a good signing if everything goes to plan with his visa, also he is at a great age aswell. Keep em coming please Hearts.

Berra than you
Just now, Rave MacPherson said:

Well, yeah, hard to disagree. I was meaning that we are hardly going to get rid of 1 dm just cos we have 2 others. 

👍

4 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

agreed that Halliday gets so much stick for no other reason than his affiliations to his boyhood club. He's been a pretty good servant to us so far.  I like Halliday and hope he stays as he's a great option on the bench to have

I think there is a place for him. He can play a few positions as well. He doesn't get any stick for his affiliations that I've seen though, more that he bangs on about them at every opoortunity.

Berra than you
2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Its seems to me that many fans can't compliment either Halliday or Haring without criticising the other

I don't even think they are that similar. Both offer different things.

Vlad the impaler

From what people that have seen him play are saying he sounds in the mould of Alan Campbell who we were after,lots of energy and a bit of dig. On a side note i see from the training video the club have put up this morning Nando is present and taking part

Absolute Scenes
17 minutes ago, hisnameis said:

Cant believe people are saying Halliday contributes far more than Haring. You just have to look at the difference when him and Souttar came back in at the end of last season. Also the impact he had when coming on last weekend. For me, and I know it is all about opinions, Peter Haring is miles ahead of Halliday. He is a physically and technically far better. He is more effective in the air and a better tackler and passer. Tanking about like a radge and clattering folk does note make a midfielder for me. Halliday was a lucky boy to stay on the park after his challenge on Mc Gregor which would have finished it had he been sent off. 

he might be the better player than haring, but why when comparing the two does Halliday need to be shot down? 

20 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Yip agree completely. Other 2 had gone past development this stage. Sure Soapy junior will have put in a good word here, not sure on his status with Stoke, but looked fairly impressive albeit in a short watch at the Olympics, didnt notice this lad though, if he was playing, no idea

11 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Maybe worth cooling the jets a little in expectation, he didnt start any of the Olympic matches, 21st min sub in the final game, Australias poorest performance, where they were riddled by suspensions, Souttar got plenty of accolades throughout

Souttar plays every week for Stoke and recently signed a 4-year deal. Won't be joining his brother here any time soon unfortunately.

Laughing at some comments I have seen on social media saying Halliday will be out the team now HOW ??? for some unknowing Australian midfielder no one knew over a hour ago. Like I said before love him or hate him Andy Halliday is going no where and will play most weeks for Hearts 

Deans Jambo
4 hours ago, Sertse said:

What is going on with McEneff? Even if it's not true the Aussie is coming to us, it seems like he's being pushed to the side

If your not good enough that'll happen. Down to the player to deliver or you'll get left behind. Done nothing of note in any games this season. 

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Vlad the impaler said:

From what people that have seen him play are saying he sounds in the mould of Alan Campbell who we were after,lots of energy and a bit of dig. On a side note i see from the training video the club have put up this morning Nando is present and taking part

Dont believe you. Gnando has definitely left the club. Mind, cause someone's mate said so or something

Pasquale for King

First of all we have to hope he’s better than the other Aussies we’ve had. 
Secondly he must’ve been well down the list of midfielders we were after as we could’ve signed him for nothing 5 weeks ago. 

PhoenixHearts

I know it was several pages ago but I'm still going mental over the guy who said "the BP in Gorgie".

Where the **** is there a BP in Gorgie? Where's there even a petrol station in Gorgie? Used to be one near the Lidl in Dalry...

Am I losing the plot? Closest garage is Sainsburys.

Nearest BP is up Slateford near Chesser Asda isn't it?

I ask the important questions.

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

1:30 in..... 😱😱😱

If history has taught us anything, it's not to get too excited by YouTube clips, but still

OOOOFT!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Souttar plays every week for Stoke and recently signed a 4-year deal. Won't be joining his brother here any time soon unfortunately.

Had no idea what he was doing down there, seems to have come on a bomb since his disastrous loan spell up here.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I know it was several pages ago but I'm still going mental over the guy who said "the BP in Gorgie".

Where the **** is there a BP in Gorgie? Where's there even a petrol station in Gorgie? Used to be one near the Lidl in Dalry...

Hahahahaha I think it was a Shell garage where Lidl is now. Was there one where Aldi and Macdonald are years ago 🤔?

4 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

If your not good enough that'll happen. Down to the player to deliver or you'll get left behind. Done nothing of note in any games this season. 

Completely agree however it's strange it seems there was so much effort put into getting him for him to not even make the bench

PhoenixHearts
8 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I can see why it comes across that way but it's just the nature of seeing the two of them constantly pitted against one another. People naturally pick sides and for me Haring comes first. 

I have nothing against Halliday and have even suggested playing them both together but when people start saying absolute nonsense like "Halliday has done more for the club" I have to disagree. Haring was an influential player in getting us to a Scottish cup final and has unfortunately had bad luck with injuries. Halliday has been a squad player in the championship for one season.

Rogue Daddy
3 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Boots Pharmacy... Gorgie Road 👍 just before Gorgie Road Entrance to Tynie.

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

First of all we have to hope he’s better than the other Aussies we’ve had. 
Secondly he must’ve been well down the list of midfielders we were after as we could’ve signed him for nothing 5 weeks ago. 

Or the club wasn't aware of him 5 weeks ago.

Bozanic got in the team of the season for the A League last season. Word of warning about the level over there. However, Devlin does look decent based on videos.

the general
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hahahahaha I think it was a Shell garage where Lidl is now. Was there one where Aldi and Macdonald are years ago 🤔?

Was there not a garage between Telephone House and Luckies?

Auldbenches
52 minutes ago, iainmac said:

After the last 2 Aussies, I think I'll reserve judgment on this one until I see him in action. 

Difficult to pick up gems from the LOI & the A League. Our track record hasn't been great so hoping this guy bucks the trend. 

Have we any success in signing players directly from the irish leagues?   

I can't think of any on the last 5 years.  

1 hour ago, gorgieheart said:

CB, RB and Striker still needed.

If Gnando has spat the dummy, then 2 Strikers  !

How about a move for  Haring to CB give Halkett competition/back up. Would also improve distribution from the back, and his current lack of pace is less than an issue. Means we keep a quality player, and addresses a current issue.

Boyces beard
5 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I reckon both players add quality to the squad as a whole, Halliday can play in a couple of positions and is under rated by alot of our support IMO. Big Pete can still do a job as we seen when he came on against Celtic (his presence in the middle of the park put us back on the front foot).

What i would say is if Beni and Devlin are to be our starting 2 cm's and we have Halliday and Haring on the bench along with Mceneff and young Pollock, then thats shows how the squad is being transformed and that we now have strength in depth in the middle of the park which is where games are won and lost.

If we can add a quality centre half and another striker then we will be in a strong position to challenge for 3rd imo.

It looks like we are finally trying to sign players with decent pedegree and at a decent age which RN and JS deserve alot credit for.

FTH

Aussie Jambo
47 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

How do Newcastle stack up vs Wellington vs Sydney. Which one is Man City?

Melbourne City. You could never tell though. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZuoggrA3BOCGqCoKjXnB

Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, jambo3tevie said:

I reckon both players add quality to the squad as a whole, Halliday can play in a couple of positions and is under rated by alot of our support IMO. Big Pete can still do a job as we seen when he came on against Celtic (his presence in the middle of the park put us back on the front foot).

What i would say is if Beni and Devlin are to be our starting 2 cm's and we have Halliday and Haring on the bench along with Mceneff and young Pollock, then thats shows how the squad is being transformed and that we now have strength in depth in the middle of the park which is where games are won and lost.

If we can add a quality centre half and another striker then we will be in a strong position to challenge for 3rd imo.

It looks like we are finally trying to sign players with decent pedegree and at a decent age which RN and JS deserve alot credit for.

FTH

Good things come to those who wait

I see Jimmy Dunne is set to leave Burnley, Swansea looking to sign him.  Probably out of our price range, but I thought he did well for us on loan that season.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Or the club wasn't aware of him 5 weeks ago.

I would hope we aren’t signing anyone we haven’t been aware of for less than five weeks considering the chat about checking out signings etc. He has to have been on a list somewhere, who we’ve moved onto when others have refused a deal. 

heartsfc_fan
3 minutes ago, merrymac said:

How about a move for  Haring to CB give Halkett competition/back up. Would also improve distribution from the back, and his current lack of pace is less than an issue. Means we keep a quality player, and addresses a current issue.

This.

Once we do that we're only really needing a RWB to challenge Smith and a Striker and I think we're good to go.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, the general said:

Was there not a garage between Telephone House and Luckies?

Quite possibly, definitely one along there somewhere I think. 

heartsfc_fan
1 minute ago, RobNox said:

I see Jimmy Dunne is set to leave Burnley, Swansea looking to sign him.  Probably out of our price range, but I thought he did well for us on loan that season.

Signed for QPR not that long ago

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Because Halkett simply isn’t good enough in any formation, he was at fault for their goal on Saturday and was allegedly marking the guy that nearly scored with a header at the end. He needs replaced and if he isn’t will cost us goals all season long. 

Aussie Jambo

We’ve a few Aussie Jambos on here. I’m sure we can all say that Devlin is a decent midfielder. Strong for a wee felly but good on the ball.

Any of the Scossies agree?

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Have we any success in signing players directly from the irish leagues?   

I can't think of any on the last 5 years.  

I can’t think of any, never mind just the last five years. I would say only Kisnorbo and Gowser have been any good from Oz also. 

Psychicjambo

If we go for shankland I'd offer Henderson plus cash . The young lad going on loan fur a season. As he needs to be playing regular.. Personally I think there's something missing from his game and is bang average. But maybe gane time will change that  . Coming on for 5 minutes here and there won't.  I'd keep walker   looks more of a goal threat 

Batistuta87
14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

There's a Shell garage at Stenhouse/Saughton and another at Dalry. There's a BP in Slateford as well and we have some properties there that players live in so there's every chance a potential signing could have been around there having been shown around a flat or something. 

My guess though is that op looked up LS's Insta to see what kind of car he had, and made up this "sighting" just to get everyone going. 

2 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

We’ve a few Aussie Jambos on here. I’m sure we can all say that Devlin is a decent midfielder. Strong for a wee felly but good on the ball.

Any of the Scossies agree?

Is football quite big in Australia? I worked with Aussies loads when I was on Ops but they never really mentioned it except the guys who had moved there from the UK

Batistuta87
7 minutes ago, RobNox said:

That was about 3 weeks ago pal. He's signed for QPR and played about 4 games 😂

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***