***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Pasquale for King
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

There's a Shell garage at Stenhouse/Saughton and another at Dalry. There's a BP in Slateford as well and we have some properties there that players live in so there's every chance a potential signing could have been around there having been shown around a flat or something. 

My guess though is that op looked up LS's Insta to see what kind of car he had, and made up this "sighting" just to get everyone going. 

Yeah I know that I live here, I thought they were talking about bygone days. 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Batistuta87
Just now, Sertse said:

Is football quite big in Australia? I worked with Aussies loads when I was on Ops but they never really mentioned it except the guys who had moved there from the UK

Aussie ruuuuuuules is more their thing, where occasionally a game breaks out during a big fight. 
Or rugby. 
"Soccer" is probably third. 

Edited by Batistuta87

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

There's a Shell garage at Stenhouse/Saughton and another at Dalry. There's a BP in Slateford as well and we have some properties there that players live in so there's every chance a potential signing could have been around there having been shown around a flat or something. 

My guess though is that op looked up LS's Insta to see what kind of car he had, and made up this "sighting" just to get everyone going. 

👀

Pasquale for King

Aussie ruuuuuuuuules is their thing. 
Or rugby. 

Yeah they hate cricket 😜

Auldbenches
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I can’t think of any, never mind just the last five years. I would say only Kisnorbo and Gowser have been any good from Oz also. 

I read a while ago on here that Savage likes the irish but think of us getting a good return from there.  Burns was supposed to be the new wonderkid and he also never delivered.  

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Psychicjambo said:

If we go for shankland I'd offer Henderson plus cash . The young lad going on loan fur a season. As he needs to be playing regular.. Personally I think there's something missing from his game and is bang average. But maybe gane time will change that  . Coming on for 5 minutes here and there won't.  I'd keep walker   looks more of a goal threat 

He has no pace, if we are signing another striker I would rather it was someone who had pace to run in behind and stretch teams or at least stop them pressing us. 

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, Swanny17 said:

Hearts twitter teasing as usual, would suspect it's a done deal. 

"Skipping" 😂 

Whoever looks after the Twitter account definitely earns their money anyway, always great banter.

998C6F73-B1AD-46F1-91FA-63455F342A49.jpeg

Batistuta87
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah they hate cricket 😜

See edit 😂

Forgot about cricket initially. It is a very forgettable sport. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I read a while ago on here that Savage likes the irish but think of us getting a good return from there.  Burns was supposed to be the new wonderkid and he also never delivered.  

Yeah his signings so far have all been of a certain type let’s say which is a slight concern to be honest. 
I watched the A league to see how he was doing and he was awful, away back to Ireland now. I also thought the A league was slow paced, unsurprising due to the heat. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

"Skipping" 😂 

Whoever looks after the Twitter account definitely earns their money anyway, always great banter.

998C6F73-B1AD-46F1-91FA-63455F342A49.jpeg

Banderson said it would be a long wait for us to get him, it looks like they're hinting he might be here for Saturday. Would laugh if he actually was considering yesterday he said we have nothing happening.

Pasquale for King

Forgot about cricket. It is a very forgettable sport. 

Hahahahaha I like it, as do many Scots, it’s more popular than Rugby here. 

11 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Maybe just me but if Souttar isn't prepared to sign a new deal,it would be better moving him on, better to get something than nothing. 

You are such a wee troll 🤣🤣

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Young?

Nope, Gnanduillet and GMS aren’t young. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Fitzroy Pointon
16 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Have we any success in signing players directly from the irish leagues?   

I can't think of any on the last 5 years.  

Andy Kirk is the last I can remember. I know that was the NIFL and not LOI but they're much of a muchness. LOI maybe a slightly better standard. 

3 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

We’ve a few Aussie Jambos on here. I’m sure we can all say that Devlin is a decent midfielder. Strong for a wee felly but good on the ball.

Any of the Scossies agree?

Yeah I live in Wellington NZ where Cammy Devlin has been playing the past couple of seasons for the Wellington Phoenix,he was a real fans favourite and a tough tackler I still think it will be a big step up for him though but he’s young and smart.

He does talk a lot on the pitch and is a bit of a wind up merchant,A league refs loved him🤣

great attitude though!

Cant work out why Hearts didn’t grab him for free when he was out of contract at Wellington and before he signed for the Newcastle Jets (who he has never kicked a ball for competitively and now obviously never will)

Auldbenches
2 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Andy Kirk is the last I can remember. I know that was the NIFL and not LOI but they're much of a muchness. LOI maybe a slightly better standard. 

Kirk is probably the last one we got some value from.  

I understand taking a risk with that market but there hasn't been a good return 

Bunny Munro

I think we'll see one of our midfielders move on, probably Pollock on loan.

If we remove Beni from the conversation as he's only one game in, Haring is our best midfielder. He's had only a handful of bad games since in injury and many great games. He changed the game in our favour on Sat.

Halliday is good too.

I fear for McEneff.

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

That's hallidays place in the team gone. Thank God.

I think he's better down the left anyway, as others have said Utility squad player. Cover for Kingsley/cochrane/midfield

Edited by Alan_R

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Good shout, we were by far the biggest team he played for. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He has no pace, if we are signing another striker I would rather it was someone who had pace to run in behind and stretch teams or at least stop them pressing us. 

Agree with this, when Boyce was banging in the goals for County he had Alex Schalk next to him up top who used to run defences ragged. Think we need someone similar to that now to give him more space 

Pasquale for King

McEneff is. Devlin would be. Beni is.

Think GMS' age is proving not to be an issue anyway. He's only 30.  Give Skacel's left leg, to be that age & playing top flight football. 😔

Didn’t say it was, just answering whether it was young that most of the signings have in common. 

CloustonHMFC
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah his signings so far have all been of a certain type let’s say which is a slight concern to be honest. 

What is a concern?

Auldbenches
Just now, Barack said:

Think GMS' age is proving not to be an issue anyway. He's only 30.  Give Skacel's left leg, to be that age & playing top flight football. 😔

There is nothing on this earth that is worth giving Skacel's left leg for.  Not to save your family or world peace, that leg is sacred.

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I would hope we aren’t signing anyone we haven’t been aware of for less than five weeks considering the chat about checking out signings etc. He has to have been on a list somewhere, who we’ve moved onto when others have refused a deal. 

We hadn't even appointed our Head of Recruitment 5 weeks ago. 

GMS age isn't an issue. Not every 30+ is past it.

Even for a winger, as proved by another team of the week entry for 37yo Chris Burke. One of the divisions most consistent wide men.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Agree with this, when Boyce was banging in the goals for County he had Alex Schalk next to him up top who used to run defences ragged. Think we need someone similar to that now to give him more space 

I would’ve actually went for Billy Mackay for a year, to come off the bench mostly,  but I don’t think it would’ve been a popular signing at first. Someone is that ilk if Henderson isn’t up to it. 

portobellojambo1
26 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Bozanic got in the team of the season for the A League last season. Word of warning about the level over there. However, Devlin does look decent based on videos.

Is that not part of the problem though, if players are not scouted properly, i.e. watched over a number of games to get a beter idea of how they perform regularly, then the signing can be based on videos, lasting around 10/15 minutes, and put together by the player's agents as a sales tool. Even watching someone over a period of say 5 games (7.5 hours) will give more insight, imo, than looking at a 10/15 minute video which will highlight only the best moments otherwise the agent/agency wouldn't be doing their job properly.

Pasquale for King

What is it then? I genuinely dunno?😄

We’ve signed 7 players since he joined, GMS, Gnanduillet, Kastaneer, Ginnelly, Stewart, Beni, Devlin. I would say 5 have something in common with Savage. Hopefully just a coincidence. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

We hadn't even appointed our Head of Recruitment 5 weeks ago. 

So we didn’t do any homework before then on players? They’ve had since before the beginning of the year to look at players, is anyone seriously saying we only looked at this guy in the last few weeks AFTER he joined Newcastle? 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

What is a concern?

Narrowing your scope of players to sign, something Hibs have suffered from this century. 

6 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Is that not part of the problem though, if players are not scouted properly, i.e. watched over a number of games to get a beter idea of how they perform regularly, then the signing can be based on videos, lasting around 10/15 minutes, and put together by the player's agents as a sales tool. Even watching someone over a period of say 5 games (7.5 hours) will give more insight, imo, than looking at a 10/15 minute video which will highlight only the best moments otherwise the agent/agency wouldn't be doing their job properly.

Oh I agree. I just hope he's been properly scouted since we're paying a fee. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Narrowing your scope of players to sign, something Hibs have suffered from this century. 

Really have no idea what you are on about?

2 hours ago, Sertse said:

I have a suspicion on the account name of Barry Anderson on here, have for a long time. They post in a similar way he writes articles. I won't say who but they are a resident gobshite.

Bit harsh if it’s who I think it is?

2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I don't think we'd have paid a fee for a guy in the A-League if we hadn't done our due diligence. I'm sure he has been watched by a scout over there. We'll have analysed his stats. Done background checks etc.. Before deciding Cam was our guy. 

16 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Is football quite big in Australia? I worked with Aussies loads when I was on Ops but they never really mentioned it except the guys who had moved there from the UK

Pretty far down the pecking order after Aussie rules and rugby league,the A league seems to hold its own though, the club I follow down here in NZ who play in the Australian A league (Devlin’s previous club Wellington Phoenix)averaged about 6 to 7 thousand a game pre Covid but did have the biggest crowd in the A league for the two games they actually managed to play in NZ last season when the restrictions were lifted of approx 20,000 for each game,I think people were just desperate to watch sport live again!

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Nope, Gnanduillet and GMS aren’t young. 

None of the new signings have beards.  So even if they aren't young we should still be able to sell them on.  Like getting an old car without many miles or any rust.

Pasquale for King
Just now, WageThief said:

None of the new signings have beards.  So even if they aren't young we should still be able to sell them on.  Like getting an old car without many miles or any rust.

More aero dynamic 

BackOfTheNet
57 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

This and it's not even close. Haring is twice the player Halliday is.

But Halliday is a good Scoatish lad eh, gets stuck in and runs about a lot. 

Yes, both Halliday and Haring are in the last year of their contract. If the only reason people are thinking Halliday will be kept over Haring is the relationship he has with Neilson and McCulloch then that’s ridiculous. If people say Halliday is a utility man - no more so than Haring is. Haring is simply better and should be involved and kept.

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

I don't think we'd have paid a fee for a guy in the A-League if we hadn't done our due diligence. I'm sure he has been watched by a scout over there. We'll have analysed his stats. Done background checks etc.. Before deciding Cam was our guy. 

No beard.  

Rick Sanchez
41 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I can see why it comes across that way but it's just the nature of seeing the two of them constantly pitted against one another. People naturally pick sides and for me Haring comes first. 

I have nothing against Halliday and have even suggested playing them both together but when people start saying absolute nonsense like "Halliday has done more for the club" I have to disagree. Haring was an influential player in getting us to a Scottish cup final and has unfortunately had bad luck with injuries. Halliday has been a squad player in the championship for one season.

I said Halliday has done more for the club recently, which he has. It was in relation to why he gets so much grief but Haring, who had a pre season last year, couldn't get in the team for most of the season.

Haring is decent but why he gets a pass so often after horrendous performances and Halliday gets crucified for offering nothing is ridiculous.

I hope he gets the chance to build on his performance on Saturday.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

C'mon, you'll just have to say what it is. I'm assuming it's not offensive, so what's the common denominator? 

I'm not trying a gotcha here, BTW. 

It could be construed as offensive and my coat is on a shoogly peg here so I will have to leave it there. 
May your god go with you. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, suds66 said:

That's mental as anything!

Well, he's now gonna "live  it up" at Tynecastle. 

Tennant's  6's
2 hours ago, Ford Prentice said:

Disagree. You have to mix it up a bit, during games as against Celtic and game to game.

Haring I expect will go at end of contract but will have a back up role until then.

Pollock and McEnuff provide something different, expect both to get significant game time as season goes on.

Don't want to re-ignite the Halliday debate (not a big fan but appreciate his qualities) but expect him to revert to utility squad player rather than first choice CM.

Exactly, we need to have a good squad, strength in depth to keep us competitive in ALL competitions. 

Would love a good Cup run to make up for last years shambles. A strong squad is imperative to go for Europe in the League  AND to get back to Hampden.

Adding quality, whilst getting rid of guys who clearly have no future, ie Damour, maybe popescu Roberts, walker.

Beni does.

But he's actually young.  He's like a brand new pair of "distressed" jeans. 

Not to be confused with distressed genes, that is who he made his debut against.

portobellojambo1
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

No problem, the comment I made was more as a general comment rather than specific to this one transfer. I'd like to hope we have someone over there who is watching players/providing information to us. It wasn't meant to be taken as an indication, for example, that I don't think this player will work for us, only playing time once here can provide that level of information/reassurance.

9 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Bit harsh if it’s who I think it is?

ffs I've been rumbled.

Might as well change to my real name now.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Homme said:

Really have no idea what you are on about?

Have a think I’ve no doubt you will get there. 

Batistuta87
22 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Banderson said it would be a long wait for us to get him, it looks like they're hinting he might be here for Saturday. Would laugh if he actually was considering yesterday he said we have nothing happening.

Surely won't be here for Saturday unless he's already on his way or is already here. Takes a full day, probably a day and a bit right now, to get from Sydney to Edinburgh lol. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***