***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Pasquale for King
Just now, Ari Gold said:

It wouldn't be a race I'd want to watch, that's for sure! 

You would need to fast forward it 😆

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

So we signed him two weeks after he signed for Newcastle Jets? You have to ask who he wasn’t signed before then to avoid a fee?

You don't really. 

You can just say- "welcome to Hearts" and hope he's a good player that adds quality to the team. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So we signed him two weeks after he signed for Newcastle Jets? You have to ask who he wasn’t signed before then to avoid a fee?

Has a fee been disclosed? Maybe he knew we were interested and the 'european release clause' put into his contract was next to nothing but should he fail to get a visa then he's already got a contract with the Jets

Never understand folk getting worked up about something they don't know has happened

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You don't really. 

You can just say- "welcome to Hearts" and hope he's a good player that adds quality to the team. 

You wouldn’t as chief happy clapper, some of us don’t like the club wasting money unnecessarily. 

PhoenixHearts
10 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Unknown-1.jpeg.92e5b1c3828fdab1feb39cda3478a3f6.jpeg        Unknown.jpeg.912ace13f2007d1e164516c77efa937d.jpeg

Seems unlikely.

Could do a job? 

Reckon I'd take him before Shankland...

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Ribble said:

Has a fee been disclosed? Maybe he knew we were interested and the 'european release clause' put into his contract was next to nothing but should he fail to get a visa then he's already got a contract with the Jets

Never understand folk getting worked up about something they don't know has happened

Any fee however small is money wasted if we didn’t have to spend it. 
Considering how much of our money they’ve wasted over the last few years I think it’s a fair question to ask, not that I would expect a journalist to ask or find out why. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You wouldn’t as chief happy clapper, some of us don’t like the club wasting money unnecessarily. 

You don't know what is classed as waste or how much, if any. 

You're always looking to get angry about something, as highlighted by your sly wee dig. 

Scrape yourself of the ceiling, enjoy the start to the season and the new signings. 

They'll be plenty to get yourself all worked up about later on without inventing stuff up. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

I like the fact that we’ve signed two aggressive deep lying midfielders. 

we are either going to have a VERY combative midfield (finally) or they can both get stuck right in and cover each other’s suspensions. 

CloustonHMFC
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You're always looking to get angry about something, as highlighted by your sly wee dig. 

Scrape yourself of the ceiling, enjoy the start to the season and the new signings. 

They'll be plenty to get yourself all worked up about later on without inventing stuff up. 

I mean he kinda has a point. I'm not all worked up about it but I think it's fair to ask why we're signing him now for a fee when we could have signed for nothing 5 weeks ago. I'm sure there's a reason behind it but surely it's a journalists job to ask these kind of questions.

22 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

But he's an Aussie man at work, not a Canadian man without a hat. 😉

😄😄 Was sure they were Australian.

Ted Hastings
20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I would back him in a race with Halliday,Halkett or Boyce though. 

Halliday has already said on Open Goal that both Souttar and Halkett are very very quick for centrahalves (in his words 'rapid'), so i know who i would be backing in that race 😉

Edited by Ted Hastings

Cammy Devlin is being described the same way Aaron McEneff was! 

McEneff should have been a dugout to dugout midfielder.

I thought this thread would be a sea of positivity about what is a potentially excellent signing.  Usual suspects searching for negatives, who would have thought.

4 minutes ago, db211833 said:

I thought this thread would be a sea of positivity about what is a potentially excellent signing.  Usual suspects searching for negatives, who would have thought.

yip - not many fans here

Gordon Ramsay
11 minutes ago, CMc said:

I like the fact that we’ve signed two aggressive deep lying midfielders. 

we are either going to have a VERY combative midfield (finally) or they can both get stuck right in and cover each other’s suspensions. 

I think we've needed this for quite a while. Midfield has been weak for too long. 

12 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

I mean he kinda has a point. I'm not all worked up about it but I think it's fair to ask why we're signing him now for a fee when we could have signed for nothing 5 weeks ago. I'm sure there's a reason behind it but surely it's a journalists job to ask these kind of questions.

The scenario Pasquale described is very possible but nobody really knows.

TyphoonJambo
50 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Not as big as Aussie Rules or NRL but it’s got a big fan base. More than hearts on some big games. Sydney FC ground now getting a refurb. It’ll be huge. We’ve a lot of people not from Australia. I’ve been here for 20 years. Mainly Brits, Irish, Europeans, South Americans.Ex Soviets countries, Asian Chinese Japanese etc. So massive following here. Especially Soccer Roos (****ing hate the word soccer) lots of ex Scots involved in football here. But when you get sick of getting up at 12am or 2am to watch Hearts (Early morning) then you start to watch football in Australia. No brainer. It’s not the same as home but it’ll do. Fans are a bit Euro/South American in chants but the occasional UK chant will show up. We all still support our home teams but follow local teams like Sydney FC, all states have a few teams. So it’s ok. Plus we get a lot of players coming here to play. It’s been going for a while and it keeps getting bigger. Especially with the younger generation. Even got casuals as well. I shit you not. 😂

We don't have casuals anymore,we've got poncey pavement dancers with D&C manbags.

Saint Jambo
9 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Certainly a bit strange. There seemed to be more praise for some random American signed on a pre-contract by Hibs.

Don't know anything about the lad but after reading a few reports on him from people who have seen him play, I'm confident he's another player who'll make a massive difference to our side.

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Surely won't be here for Saturday unless he's already on his way or is already here. Takes a full day, probably a day and a bit right now, to get from Sydney to Edinburgh lol. 

Maybe he came straight from Tokyo and has done his quarantine period? 

TyphoonJambo
29 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

I’m Banderson,and so’s my wife🤣

I'm not sure if I'm Banderson. I'll wait until JKB tells me. Until then I'll identify with my cat,he seems to know a lot.

12 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Aggression, energy and pace in the team. What we have been crying out for since Robbie left the first time.

This. Midfield been slow and passive for years. Last season awful sides were strolling past our midfield at will, leaving our defence with plenty work. Never heard of Devlin before today but sounds decent. 

Edited by GinRummy

rudi must stay

Halliday and Haring are essential cogs if we want to achieve something special this season, something im more confident of every day 

Left sided Centerhalf, an Attacking RWB  and a bit more quality in attacking areas and we've got a wee belter of a team. 

34 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So we signed him two weeks after he signed for Newcastle Jets? You have to ask why he wasn’t signed before then to avoid a fee?

Maybe he was.  Maybe Jets are part of the arrangement. Who knows? Strange laws and rules in Oz at times. 

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Lay off the amateur psychology, you can barely spell it. 
I will ask questions whenever or wherever I like thanks. 

31 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Spot on. Jets were part of the arrangement just in case visa application denied. It shouldnt be but time will tell. 

I'll reserve judgement on Devlin, as we've heard it all before, only to be disappointed in yet another bench warmer.

He sounds a very good prospect, and at 23 a gamble worth taking. We said we wanted quality over quantity, so let's see, and give him the backing required to hit the ground running. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Maybe he was.  Maybe Jets are part of the arrangement. Who knows? Strange laws and rules in Oz at times. 

All will be revealed no doubt. 
Looking forward to seeing the guy. 

18 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Aggression, energy and pace in the team. What we have been crying out for since Robbie left the first time.

and young with lots of potential 👍👍

Yet some still find faults when they hadn’t heard of him until this morning and have never seen him play. Only on jkb. 

13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The scenario Pasquale described is very possible but nobody really knows.

Not if we signed him 5 weeks ago, pending visa app, and the link to Jets is just a back-up in case visa is denied. Both clubs are getting money in the deal. 

18 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

This

16 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

I think we've needed this for quite a while. Midfield has been weak for too long. 

This 

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Ted Hastings said:

Halliday has already said on Open Goal that both Souttar and Halkett are very very quick for centrahalves (in his words 'rapid'), so i know who i would be backing in that race 😉

Souttar has a turn of pace but Halkett is not any shape or form rapid 😆

23 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Cammy Devlin is being described the same way Aaron McEneff was! 

McEneff should have been a dugout to dugout midfielder.

McEneff is exactly a dugout to dugout midfielder at the moment seeing as he's stuck on the bench. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Not if we signed him 5 weeks ago, pending visa app, and the link to Jets is just a back-up in case visa is denied. Both clubs are getting money in the deal. 

That’s possible as well. 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

So we signed him then the Jets did? I’m pretty sure that’s illegal. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

28 minutes ago, Ted Hastings said:

He probably means compared to him.

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Let’s not judge a player on what these guys believe 👍🏽

Ted Hastings
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Souttar has a turn of pace but Halkett is not any shape or form rapid 😆

Think he has decent recovery pace, would depend on the distance of the race where my money was going 😂

John Findlay

Hearts are no longer in the business of letting anyone know who we are signing. As the Beni and Cammy Devlin signings are proving. I can't recall anyone mentioning them until the deals were in the bag.

22 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Both Devlin and Beni can play forward as well as defensively which is what we have needed as you say.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Ted Hastings said:

Think he has decent recovery pace, would depend on the distance of the race where my money was going 😂

No he doesn’t, just have a look at how slow he is to get back after selling himself for the first goal on Saturday. The sooner he’s out the team the better. 
As for the race 60m maybe 😂

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Don't write McEneff off yet. 

Robbie will have options now with protection to play McAneff without him having to drop back and he can concentrtate on attacking.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***