***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Jamie Walker will be lucky to get a move to someone like Dundee Utd when his contract is up.

Walker is one of, if not thee most talented player in our squad imo.  I have no knowledge of what is going on at training or inside the club but this is where his issues lie - not on his ability.

It is a shame as there is clearly something up and it is highly frustrating as he is so very good.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

CloustonHMFC
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I watch Leeds a lot, all I can say for the moment is we seem to be trying to do some things that are very very similar.

The concern, though this is not a criticism, Robbie isn't Bielsa, and the players have to be prepared to be the fittest team in the League to make it work well. Otherwise you will be shredded. Its a bold move though it seems from Neilson, I dont think he is looking at defensive mids at all, but ones that can cover the pitch

I've also watched loads of Leeds in recent seasons and I agree which is also why I believe Robbie says Walker isn't fit enough yet even if Walker tries to say he is.

Just now, King prawn said:

Apart from Garrucio who was the other one? I was trying to think who we had after the McGowans 

Bozanic

Ainsley Harriott
7 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Sorry mate, I know for 100% certainty we have been and are still interested. Whether we can or will stump up the cast Utd want is a different story. 

Source?

CloustonHMFC
Just now, i8hibsh said:

Walker is one of, if not thee most talented player in our squad imo.  I have no knowledge of what is going on at training or inside the club but this is where his issues lie - not on his ability.

It is a shame as there is clearly something up and it is highly frustrating as he is so very good.

Walker is blowing out of his arse after 20 minutes. That is the problem.

2 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Halliday doesn't deserve the stick he gets on here. He gives 100% every time he steps on the park for us and contributes in some way every game. I can't blame the guy for a loving a team as much as I love Hearts, even if I hate said team to the core.

He can love who he likes but could maybe leave the professional rangers fan gig until after he finishes playing. I don't mind him as a player but he isn't great and he has often looked quite poor.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Thumb Up Emoji said:

he's definitely looking at players who can over-run teams. which will work really well if we get fitness levels up, I reckon. GMS already looks way fitter/sharper. for instance.

People are also assuming we will play the same formation each game. Naturally we will have 2/3 formations we rotate and will utilise players accordingly.

Yip, thats another resemblance, players cant play one position, they have to be able to adapt before and during games, you need to be versatile, this seems better thought out than I dared hope for in truth, but, but its early days

2 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Apart from Garrucio who was the other one? I was trying to think who we had after the McGowans 

Bozanic 

Just now, CloustonHMFC said:

Walker is blowing out of his arse after 20 minutes. That is the problem.

Yeah, it is visible at times.  This can be no ones fauilt bar his own.  What a waste.

Ccjambo1874

Be interested to see if there were any plans to move McEneff in to the RWB role perhaps. I'm sure he had played there in Ireland and deputised there for the Brora debacle - which isn't promising.

But with some training and coaching there's nothing to suggest he might benefit from it. Decent delivery and has a good engine on him. The only concern would be how good he is defensively. 

Edit: I am aware Michael Smith is first choice in that role currently. However its a long season and he may fill in at CB or get injured himself.

Edited by Ccjambo1874

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, CloustonHMFC said:

I've also watched loads of Leeds in recent seasons and I agree which is also why I believe Robbie says Walker isn't fit enough yet even if Walker tries to say he is.

Walker is toast I think. 20 minutes at the death of a match when the pace is gone from the game, about all I can see for him now

Mr Elwood P
5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I watch Leeds a lot, all I can say for the moment is we seem to be trying to do some things that are very very similar.

The concern, though this is not a criticism, Robbie isn't Bielsa, and the players have to be prepared to be the fittest team in the League to make it work well. Otherwise you will be shredded. Its a bold move though it seems from Neilson, I dont think he is looking at defensive mids at all, but ones that can cover the pitch

I’ve seen a lot of Leeds since they returned to the EPL and they’re a brilliant team to watch. The downfall with their style is they’re just as likely to concede 3 or 4 as score 3 or 4. They do seem to have tweaked the system from January onwards but the start of the season was insane, sometimes.

Could be a very interesting signing this one.

Fair to say our midfield won’t be running out of steam anytime this season.

Rick Sanchez
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

True. Still not forgotten his effort in the cup final though.

the general
36 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Yep as above. But remember plenty Jambos live down here. Pretty sure it would have been word of mouth or ex hearts connections. How the feck would they know about Devlin?

Does the A League get shown on Sky? 

BT Sport I am sure

Watched a lot of Melbourne City

35 minutes ago, 18nick74 said:

What an advert for Shay Logan's plumbing business. Pre-Shay Leaks all over the place, post-Shay not a leak in sight. 

This post is deserving of further recognition :thumbsup:

CloustonHMFC
1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Source?

One of his best mates. We've had some kind of contact about a deal with both Ayr and Utd for a few seasons running now. We've never wanted to (or couldn't) pay the money required.

1 minute ago, Dunks said:

When you have a spray...............call shay!

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Got a better feeling about this one. Brighton were credited with an interest, reputation seems to be a lot higher than the latest recruits from the region. But the proof of the pudding is in the eating

My worry is that players that come from the 2 Leagues I mentioned, look good in their natural habitat but rarely seem to adjust to the Scottish Premiership. Having said that, some of the previous signings have been the dictionary definition of "journeymen" so I'm hoping for better here. 

2 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Would also explain where we're finding the money from! 😎

49 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Anybody still gutted we let Andy Irving leave? He wasn't good enough, particularly for the 3-4-3.

Thought this after the Celtic game. He wouldn't have coped and we would have lost. Glad we've moved on to better things.

44 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

That's hallidays place in the team gone. Thank God.

Doubt it, gives us options he can switch to wing back also. 

6 minutes ago, iainmac said:

After the last 2 Aussies, I think I'll reserve judgment on this one until I see him in action. 

Difficult to pick up gems from the LOI & the A League. Our track record hasn't been great so hoping this guy bucks the trend. 

I can't say how it'll turn out, but Devlin at least seems to be getting very good reviews. I'm pretty sure the opposite was the case for Bozanic and Garuccio.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

My worry is that players that come from the 2 Leagues I mentioned, look good in their natural habitat but rarely seem to adjust to the Scottish Premiership. Having said that, some of the previous signings have been the dictionary definition of "journeymen" so I'm hoping for better here. 

Yip agree completely. Other 2 had gone past development this stage. Sure Soapy junior will have put in a good word here, not sure on his status with Stoke, but looked fairly impressive albeit in a short watch at the Olympics, didnt notice this lad though, if he was playing, no idea

1 minute ago, TommyC said:

Thought this after the Celtic game. He wouldn't have coped and we would have lost. Glad we've moved on to better things.

He wanted to leave so I'm glad we moved on swiftly. Was offered a very good contract I've heard but ended up going to a nobody team. His only real appeal was his age but we got money for him as well which probably covered this new lad.

Just now, DC_92 said:

I can't say how it'll turn out, but Devlin at least seems to be getting very good reviews. I'm pretty sure the opposite was the case for Bozanic and Garuccio.

Can't say I recall seeing any reviews on the 2 you mention but I do remember a pre - season friendly at Arbroath where Bozanic was unable to get a single corner past the 1st defender. I had a sinking feeling......... 

14 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Bozanic

16 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Halliday doesn't deserve the stick he gets on here. He gives 100% every time he steps on the park for us and contributes in some way every game. I can't blame the guy for a loving a team as much as I love Hearts, even if I hate said team to the core.

Defo, even in small games. He still gets stuck in. Under rated for me personally 

kingantti1874
30 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

Exactly this.

It was that bad a rumour on here the press didn’t even bother running with it or mention us being interested.

That’s a sign it’s really off the mark.

they have mentioned it though albeit as we said pages ago United won’t want to sell to us

CloustonHMFC
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

they have mentioned it though albeit as we said pages ago United won’t want to sell to us

United would sell to us, it'll just be at premium price because we're in the same league. It won't happen.

Cant believe people are saying Halliday contributes far more than Haring. You just have to look at the difference when him and Souttar came back in at the end of last season. Also the impact he had when coming on last weekend. For me, and I know it is all about opinions, Peter Haring is miles ahead of Halliday. He is a physically and technically far better. He is more effective in the air and a better tackler and passer. Tanking about like a radge and clattering folk does note make a midfielder for me. Halliday was a lucky boy to stay on the park after his challenge on Mc Gregor which would have finished it had he been sent off. 

3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Can't say I recall seeing any reviews on the 2 you mention but I do remember a pre - season friendly at Arbroath where Bozanic was unable to get a single corner past the 1st defender. I had a sinking feeling......... 

Bozanic was very unpopular with Melbourne City fans going by their forum at the time.

I don't remember seeing as much about Garuccio but at least one Australian-based poster didn't rate him.

Gordon Ramsay
44 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Got a link to his stats? I think it’s more likely Pollock will go out on loan …

Think someone posted it on the page before this. Looks to be solid in the tackle and bit of an interceptions man. 

Yeah I reckon he will too. 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

United would sell to us, it'll just be at premium price because we're in the same league. It won't happen.

I agree on both points. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Maybe worth cooling the jets a little in expectation, he didnt start any of the Olympic matches, 21st min sub in the final game, Australias poorest performance, where they were riddled by suspensions, Souttar got plenty of accolades throughout

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, hisnameis said:

Cant believe people are saying Halliday contributes far more than Haring. You just have to look at the difference when him and Souttar came back in at the end of last season. Also the impact he had when coming on last weekend. For me, and I know it is all about opinions, Peter Haring is miles ahead of Halliday. He is a physically and technically far better. He is more effective in the air and a better tackler and passer. Tanking about like a radge and clattering folk does note make a midfielder for me. Halliday was a lucky boy to stay on the park after his challenge on Mc Gregor which would have finished it had he been sent off. 

Spot on. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, hisnameis said:

Different players. Halliday is good for a goal with a pretty decent left peg, Haring is good at winning balls and passing it well, chips in from set pieces. I prefer Haring in truth but as a left sided midfielder not a central one, Halliday has value, just not as a first pick

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Beni said:

If we do sign this Aussie, it does seem like the squad will have defensive midfielders in excess.

Energy

Berra than you
2 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

If we are playing with 2 dm then 3 in the squad would be fine

I think you want cover for every position. 2 DMS starting means 2 for cover for me.

Absolute Scenes
32 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Player swap with Dundee Utd for Shankland after Walker said no

serious? I mean i wouldnt be against it...but is that a fair swap on our end haha

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***