• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

16 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

This. It’s the point I’ve trying to make to no avail so far. A post labelling him crap / a diva / insert insult here will be along again soon enough. Despite no one knowing anything.

I've no idea about the truth of the rumour but I'll be disappointed if its true. 

I like(ed) the big guy and I always thought he was an easy going type. 

Hungry hippo

I'm not going to get too excited or concerned over the Gnanduillet rumour. He's our back-up striker and I think he's a useful option but if he leaves we'll have plenty of options to bring in another striker at a similar level.

I do think it's believable that he thought he would start a lot more games but the formation is working for the team so shouldn't have any complaints. If he does want to leave then fair enough and we'll just replace him.

Edited by Hungry hippo

Whether you like Gnando or not it does seem like pretty poor man management that a player who is just in the door is already pissed off. Add onto that the, what looks like (and I may be wrong) a freeze out of Walker. Something needs to be explained here. Mind you if it's all just nonsense then forget this post. 

goldiebackwash1985

Would be happy to get Shankland for somewhere in the 200k - 300k range and getting 8G/3A in his first season in the Prem is not bad. If we get the right players around him then I could see his goal contributions increase greatly.

Neilson obviously knows how to get a tune out of him and there is still room to develop him further so think it would be a decent punt to go get a deal done.

https://www.sofascore.com/player/lawrence-shankland/237098

Perhaps we could accommodate him and Boyce in 4-4-2 diamond

Hearts XI.png

SuperstarSteve
35 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He's rejected a new deal and wants out. Dundee Utd either pay him his daft wage for the rest of the season and lose him for nothing or, take cash now. They need money, their rent for St Andrews and their crumbling stadium is burning a hole in their pocket. We should offer £100k and not go above £300k. 

Totally agree. 300k max. Wouldn’t be paying it all upfront either unless he’s got other clubs interested. 

Boyce. Gnando. Shankland. Henderson.. Decent enough strike force that. 

33 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Not starting against Celtic but any player would be disappointed, it would be strange if he wasn’t but if he has walked out then that’s another level completely. On shankland Neilson loves him he’s said it many times, so if we have a chance we will be in there only if the price is correct 

If he's walked out then good bye.

It's as simple as that we need a gram that will stick together through thick and thin  and no time for players above their station .

If he's not walked out then he'll need to improve to get a starting slot

Not sure I believe any of the Gnando chat, If there's anything in it I'm sure It'll come out. shankland on the other hand, I hope It's true. Have a feeling he would do really well with us 👍

Edited by usagi

24 minutes ago, usagi said:

Not sure I believe any of the Gnando chat, If there's anything in it I'm sure It'll come out. shankland on the other hand, I hope It's true. Have a feeling he would do really well with us 👍

I hope we do go for him aswell, with having Boyce all focus isnt on him if he was to come in. Best opportunity to take a chance on a player with big potential who we don’t have to pile the pressure on and aren’t relying on him every game to score

jamboinglasgow

Was looking at the first team squad section of the official site after people pointed out that Damour, Roberts and Popescu are not in a new photo unlike everyone else.

I do think it is that those 3 are away, the photos were taken since Thursday as Beni has the new photo like the rest (I think Sky Sports News was at the Oriam on Friday and Boyce was getting his photo taken in front of a green screen.)

Damour is already off,  Roberts must surely be off too. Popescu was not on the bench on Saturday (which meant we had no defenders apart from Haring who can play there if needed.) Someone said before that he will go once we have our new CB, so I think putting 2+2 together we must be close to that happening.

Also no Jamie Brandon in the squad list (Cammy Logan and Connor Smith are part of it.)

Have we got any actual reason to believe that he's on his way out because he's not happy? 

There are plenty of other things, such as a family illness or death that could mean that his head just isn't in it at the minute, which could explain the subdued expressions at the Souttar winner and full time.

But as usual, let's all just get the pitchforks out and call him shite without any evidence. 

14 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Have we got any actual reason to believe that he's on his way out because he's not happy? 

There are plenty of other things, such as a family illness or death that could mean that his head just isn't in it at the minute, which could explain the subdued expressions at the Souttar winner and full time.

But as usual, let's all just get the pitchforks out and call him shite without any evidence. 

I believe the actual rumour is that he stormed out of a bounce game on Monday, then seems to have removed the club from his socials. It’s all rumour until something official comes out  

Shankland would be a great signing in my opinion, if you look at the united fans forum they are all saying that they would be absolutely gutted if he left, and without him would be relegation fodder, that speaks volumes imo.

If the chance is there to get him for say 300k then we have to go for it, would even throw in Robert's as a sweetener if he didn't mind moving to dundee that is.

CloustonHMFC
6 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Gnanduillet stays fair enough, he goes and we bring in Shankland then James Scott then you are replacing him with quality in my opinion. 

I'm not against Gnanduillet staying, he'll be useful for us but I'd also say punting him and bringing in Shankland and Scott is good business from us.

As for the chat about unhappy players etc, IF there is any truth in any of it then they need dealt with ASAP and removed from the first team setting. Can't be having any kind of rot setting in.

Edited by CloustonHMFC

Legend Claws
6 hours ago, goldiebackwash1985 said:

Would be happy to get Shankland for somewhere in the 200k - 300k range and getting 8G/3A in his first season in the Prem is not bad. If we get the right players around him then I could see his goal contributions increase greatly.

Neilson obviously knows how to get a tune out of him and there is still room to develop him further so think it would be a decent punt to go get a deal done.

https://www.sofascore.com/player/lawrence-shankland/237098

Perhaps we could accommodate him and Boyce in 4-4-2 diamond

Hearts XI.png

We'd get over run in midfield with that.

7 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He won't be the first or last player to be unhappy with management, Pm me mate 👍

Here we go again with your sly innuendo about the Robbie. Anything remotely negative whether true or not you are all over it dropping your pish negativity like you know something. Let’s be clear we are no different from any club, we will have players who are unhappy and some who may not even like the manager but did the team look like an unhappy bunch this season and especially on Saturday night ? 

No I don’t want a pm with your negative made up bollox and for once on your life whether this is true or not try and back the club you say you support. 

Gorgie_Rules

Is there any substance to the Shankland rumours other than Nando has apparently chucked his toys out the pram and that he happens to play the same position, and that he is out of contract next year?

With Shanklands reputation and goals, if there was any possibility of him joining im sure we would have been interested well before now, not it taking another player to have an apparent hissy fit.

Besides, the next club Shankland goes to he’ll quite rightly want to be the main striker. With Boyce already in our team its debatable he would be, at least immediately.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

Robbo-Jambo

Neilson already was looking to bring in another striker so if the rumour about Gnando walking out is true then he might be looking to bring two in.

Apart from Henderson that would only leave Boyce as our only proper striker.

Shankland ahead of Gnando for me, scored more at championship level. Shite season last year but you have to take into account the pish he plays for, Nisbet for example done well last year and was fairly level with Shankland the season before. Usual question with Hearts strikers, could Shankland handle the pressure of the size of the club. I agree Gnando brings us something in his size, but going by his time at the club he won't bring many goals. 

I would be happy to take Shankland but I assume he's on the brink of a championship move for a lot more money then we can pay. But if United need the cash now and want to sell we could take advantage of the situation. 

Gnando situation, if true, is odd. I understand the club supported unhappy players well season. If he's unhappy with game time, then he should be happy that we have Naismith to coach him to get more.

Shankland in and Gnando out for weekend would be fine by me. 

Having both would also be good. :lol: 

Brick Tamland
13 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Interesting he didn't seem very happy when we scored our second against celtic, I wonder if there is something in this?

He looked pretty happy to me, no idea if the bust up rumours are true but he definitely celebrated the 2nd goal. Pesky facts getting in the way of rumours. 

DEA77D2D-A7E1-4755-AF09-E96CAB0BBBB3.jpeg

Shankland, for a reasonable fee, would be a smart signing.

He's worked with Neilson, who obviously rates him, and is ready made to go straight into the first team. None of this acclimatising stuff required, so very likely to hit the ground running.

He perhaps hasn't sparkled in the Premier but Dundee Utd fans seem to believe it's purely down to a lack of service and the general weakness of the players around him.

I think we have all agreed, pro Budge/Levein or otherwise, that the recruitment strategy has been honking for years. Projects, unknowns, Stockton etc. We've been crying out for Hearts to start signing tried and tested footballers who are already doing the business elsewhere.

Shankland fits the bill perfectly.

As long as the price is right.

BackOfTheNet
6 hours ago, tian447 said:

Far too much common sense

Absolute Scenes
7 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

He looked pretty happy to me, no idea if the bust up rumours are true but he definitely celebrated the 2nd goal. Pesky facts getting in the way of rumours. 

His "Celebrations" with the team goal were very scripted. A couple of head taps, quick and emotionless.  didnt look connected to the team

Don't know if its been already posted but I seen Elliot Frear is now with Bath in the national league south division glad he has finally found his level. 

Gimme an H...
Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

His "Celebrations" with the team goal were very scripted. A couple of head taps, quick and emotionless.  didnt look connected to the team

I'd agree with this. Thought the same at the time.

14 minutes ago, martoon said:

Shankland, for a reasonable fee, would be a smart signing.

He's worked with Neilson, who obviously rates him, and is ready made to go straight into the first team. None of this acclimatising stuff required, so very likely to hit the ground running.

He perhaps hasn't sparkled in the Premier but Dundee Utd fans seem to believe it's purely down to a lack of service and the general weakness of the players around him.

I think we have all agreed, pro Budge/Levein or otherwise, that the recruitment strategy has been honking for years. Projects, unknowns, Stockton etc. We've been crying out for Hearts to start signing tried and tested footballers who are already doing the business elsewhere.

Shankland fits the bill perfectly.

As long as the price is right.

Agree, good post.

23 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Maybe the weather in Edinburgh isn't to his liking, if he needs to wear gloves in July. 🤷‍♂️

The Future's Maroon
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Body language experts.  Psychology experts. Financial experts. Football experts.

What a forum we have. We're so lucky as a support, to draw on such knowledge.

And an ex President 😉

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Body language experts.  Psychology experts. Financial experts. Football experts.

All a bit dotnut with the Bryan Jackson style body language analysis.

Let's not emulate that kind of fruitcakery.

7 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I do think it is that those 3 are away, the

7 hours ago, tian447 said:

Good post. 

Anyway we'll soon know if he's still training with the first team. I'm sure there is folk on here who watch the training. 

I so hope this rumour is not true. 

What does Shankland bring to this side does he fit into the 343 ?

I know he scores goals but does he general play or work rate compare to Boyce as that's who he will be competing with in the 343 formation for a place.

Batistuta87

Gnando's Instagram has been cleared of anything Hearts related. Don't know if Hearts was in his bio before but isn't now, and he's deleted all photos etc. 

Berra than you
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Gnando's Instagram has been cleared of anything Hearts related. Don't know if Hearts was in his bio before but isn't now, and he's deleted all photos etc. 

Did he ever actually have hearts related photos? I genuinely.dont know the answer. I know he used to post stories that disappear after a day, but I don't recall him posting any images of him at hearts.

12 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

What does Shankland bring to this side does he fit into the 343 ?

I know he scores goals but does he general play or work rate compare to Boyce as that's who he will be competing with in the 343 formation for a place.

Formations change from game to game and also during games. Having a squad that allows these changes is important. 

SuperstarSteve

More rumours coming from Dundee that Walker was involved in the deal but refused to go. Don’t know if been posted already. 

28 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I actually can't tell if this is satire :lol:

2 hours ago, Dazo said:

Here we go again with your sly innuendo about the Robbie. Anything remotely negative whether true or not you are all over it dropping your pish negativity like you know something. Let’s be clear we are no different from any club, we will have players who are unhappy and some who may not even like the manager but did the team look like an unhappy bunch this season and especially on Saturday night ? 

No I don’t want a pm with your negative made up bollox and for once on your life whether this is true or not try and back the club you say you support. 

Well said mate 👍

Told him similar last night. 

He's not got the guts to post what he supposedly 'knows' 

so he tries to stir with sly PMs to anyone who will believe him. 

4 minutes ago, maroon said:

Struggle to see hearts fitting shankland Boyce ginnelly and GMS in the same side most weeks

____________Gordon

____Smith__Souttar__Kingsley

Ginnelly__Beni__Haring__Cochrane

_____________GMS

___Shankland__Boyce

Absolute Scenes
9 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I actually can't tell if this is satire :lol:

A little bit haha,

but I did find his reaction quite disconnected

1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

____________Gordon

____Smith__Souttar__Kingsley

Ginnelly__Beni__Haring__Cochrane

_____________GMS

___Shankland__Boyce

Could work. Not entirely sure how Ginnelly would fare there but wouldn't be against trying it.

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

A little bit haha,

but I did find his reaction quite disconnected

Aye that's a fair point, maybe nobody told him about the covid restrictions and he thought that was the amount of fans we had? If he walks out in front of a sold out Tynie against hibs he will certainly be excited 

2 hours ago, Dazo said:

:spoton:

Absolute Scenes
39 minutes ago, Barack said:

I’m sensing a little bit of repressed rage, my president. Do you want to talk about it?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Im as Hearts daft as they come, but I have nothing Hearts related on Instagram. True story

🤷‍♂️

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***