***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Biffa Bacon
39 minutes ago, Barack said:

Body language experts.  Psychology experts. Financial experts. Football experts.

What a forum we have. We're so lucky as a support, to draw on such knowledge.

Dont forget epidemiology expers too.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Could work. Not entirely sure how Ginnelly would fare there but wouldn't be against trying it.

I would of course rather see us sign a more accomplished right wing back. For me the biggest difference between a back three being a defensive or attacking formation is completely  down to the wing backs, as much as I love and admire Smith his presence in the right wing back role leads to us having a pretty one dimensional attack imo

26 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Gnando's Instagram has been cleared of anything Hearts related. Don't know if Hearts was in his bio before but isn't now, and he's deleted all photos etc. 

sure someone posted on another thread about this that Gnando had deleted any hearts related stuff on Instagram ages ago?

no idea myself as I don't use instagram, nor see the point of it.

Absolute Scenes
7 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Aye that's a fair point, maybe nobody told him about the covid restrictions and he thought that was the amount of fans we had? If he walks out in front of a sold out Tynie against hibs he will certainly be excited 

I didn’t even think of that tbh

it could well be he just wanted to keep distant, nothing wrong with that.

and agreed, he’ll know what it’s all about then!

24 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

More rumours coming from Dundee that Walker was involved in the deal but refused to go. Don’t know if been posted already. 

Who could blame him. 

Absolute Scenes
5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Hearts fans, can be utter ******s. 

Such is life.👍🏻

I’m just messing mate. 
I did feel his reaction in the celebration was quite disconnected, but then again, Sow scored one of the greatest free kicks I have ever seen and barely smirked so could just be him perosnally

2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Neilson already was looking to bring in another striker so if the rumour about Gnando walking out is true then he might be looking to bring two in.

Apart from Henderson that would only leave Boyce as our only proper striker.

Roberts. Oh wait he is out of favour as well.

Doesn't say a lot for at least two of the recent signings and then there is McAneff who is obviously a bit part player although still in the squad.

We are really thin on the ground just now and if we get any injuries we will really be struggling unless we bring players in soon.

PhoenixHearts
1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

His "Celebrations" with the team goal were very scripted. A couple of head taps, quick and emotionless.  didnt look connected to the team

Christ almighty we've got the body language forensics team out now?

Reading the Dundee United forum to see if anyone mentioned shankland to Us. One poster claiming that he is having a medical at us today with Walker going as part of the deal.

Mr Elwood P
32 minutes ago, maroon said:

Struggle to see hearts fitting shankland Boyce ginnelly and GMS in the same side most weeks

I prefer the 3-4-3 but the players we  potentially will have would make a great 4-4-2:

Gordon 

Smith   Souttar Halkett Kingsley 

Ginnelly Halliday Benji GMS

Boyce Shankland 

Halkett could be upgraded and debate will rage over Halliday or Haring but it still looks very balanced …

25 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Im as Hearts daft as they come, but I have nothing Hearts related on Instagram. True story

🤷‍♂️

Neither have I .. don't have instagram, Facebook or any of that crap .. maybe that's where I'm going wrong 🙂

SuperstarSteve
15 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

Who could blame him. 

A certainly wouldn’t t go to them. 

Need to see how it pans out, the rumour has certainly picked up pace since last night.

Hearts mate told me he is currently having a medical at the club which I highly doubt is true. 

4 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I don’t think their post was serious :thumbsup:

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Reading the Dundee United forum to see if anyone mentioned shankland to Us. One poster claiming that he is having a medical at us today with Walker going as part of the deal.

Where would this rate on the whelmometer?

Ibrahim Tall

Shankland scored 7 league goals last season, less than Nicky Clark even managed for Dundee United.

That he’s a ‘proven’ Premier level striker is a myth. If anyone is even considering a fee for him let alone a substantial one they’re mental. 

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

4 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I'll be surprised if this fella doesn't have an account on here as he's an expert on bleedin' well everything!

(The 'punch-line' is unbeatable)

https://fb.watch/7a4EawxeSX/

Brick Tamland
1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

His "Celebrations" with the team goal were very scripted. A couple of head taps, quick and emotionless.  didnt look connected to the team

Very scripted as in ‘if we score the winner with 2 minutes to go I’m just going to tap a couple of heads’ way? :notsure:

From the Dundee United forum :rofl: deluded beyond belief

I think he admitted that himself a few weeks ago in interviews. Think if he doesn't go in this window he will look at his options in January.  

Would have to think a move to Hearts is a very lateral move for him and you would think he would want to try himself somewhere which is a higher level. Then again he did go from Ayr to ourselves in the same division, so perhaps ambition isn't his biggest trait.

adambraejambo
Just now, SuperstarSteve said:

A certainly wouldn’t t go to them. 

Need to see how it pans out, the rumour has certainly picked up pace since last night.

Hearts mate told me he is currently having a medical at the club which I highly doubt is true. 

I would not want to go either but he has to look at his future from a financial side.  A year left at us where he must  not be fancied or a new 2/3 year contract at United . If a United only offering him a year then yes you obv turn it down. 

Robbo-Jambo
8 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

😄

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

lost in space
30 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Im as Hearts daft as they come, but I have nothing Hearts related on Instagram. True story

🤷‍♂️

So you have cleared your Hearts stuff out too? So you an Gnando both leaving?

Ibrahim Tall
2 minutes ago, King prawn said:

From the Dundee United forum :rofl: deluded beyond belief

I think he admitted that himself a few weeks ago in interviews. Think if he doesn't go in this window he will look at his options in January.  

Would have to think a move to Hearts is a very lateral move for him and you would think he would want to try himself somewhere which is a higher level. Then again he did go from Ayr to ourselves in the same division, so perhaps ambition isn't his biggest trait.

To be fair, he compared United to Ayr as ‘par‘ too.

If his thinking is more it’d be moving from one 3-8 SPL club that probably doesn’t win trophies to another then and that ‘ambition’ would be going down south or abroad etc he’s not exactly wrong. We’d say the same if Souttar was linked with Aberdeen.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

To be fair, he compared United to Ayr as ‘par‘ too.

If his thinking is more it’d be moving from one 3-8 SPL club that probably doesn’t win trophies to another then and that ‘ambition’ would be going down south or abroad etc he’s not exactly wrong. We’d say the same if Souttar was linked with Aberdeen.

no we’d say that was a small to a smaller club. Which they are. 

AC Mallin_51
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

The rumours starting to sprout legs..? Given it's Dundee, probably not surprising there's some kind of mutation.

😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Body language experts.  Psychology experts. Financial experts. Football experts.

What a forum we have. We're so lucky as a support, to draw on such knowledge.

Don't forget virologists

Brick Tamland
24 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

It’s great to have such experts in our support 😂

Ainsley Harriott
19 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Shankland scored 7 league goals last season, less than Nicky Clark even managed for Dundee United.

That he’s a ‘proven’ Premier level striker is a myth. If anyone is even considering a fee for him let alone a substantial one they’re mental. 

Bet Nando would score more if he started the same number of games 

Ibrahim Tall
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

no we’d say that was a small to a smaller club. Which they are. 

Who, Aberdeen?

Us and Aberdeen arguing about ‘size’ is literally the definition of two bald men fighting over a comb. 

Not convinced I'd want Shankland even if the rumours are true, Boyce is better and we don't tend to favour 2 up top. If we were spending money on players in Scotland I'd rather we made a move for Jamie McGrath.

Ibrahim Tall
1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Yep, where I am to be honest. 7 goals in 30 odd games is pretty pitiful, it’s less than Juanma or Isma got from far less games for example. 

The Wrinkly Ninja
3 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Aye. But would he celebrate spontaneously and post pictures on Instagram though?

Berra than you
1 minute ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Yep, where I am to be honest. 7 goals in 30 odd games is pretty pitiful, it’s less than Juanma or Isma got from far less games for example. 

Whilst it's not a great return, United last season played very very deep. Neilson has proven he knows how to get a tune out of Shankland. I'd be happy with the move, but would have to be at the right price. Wouldn't be spending 500k for example.

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Berra than you said:

Did he ever actually have hearts related photos? I genuinely.dont know the answer. I know he used to post stories that disappear after a day, but I don't recall him posting any images of him at hearts.

Aye he had a few photos, winning the league, first game/goals and stuff. Definitely had stuff on there. 

kingantti1874
25 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Just Ill informed rubbish which pays zero attention to why he scored 7 goals.  I wouldn’t pay a big fee but with the supply we provide he would score many. In games where we are on top and have lots of possession he would be perfect

2 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Aye. But would he celebrate spontaneously and post pictures on Instagram though?

Exactly.

Scoring goals alone is nowhere near enough.

Outrageous celebrations and bullish posts an absolute minimum for the full fan experience¬

Lord Beni of Gorgie
24 minutes ago, lost in space said:

So you have cleared your Hearts stuff out too? So you an Gnando both leaving?

Sorry, stuck with me, I wouldn't miss a day of Hearts, always something to keep you interested

Batistuta87
58 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

🤷‍♂️

He did have though, and now he doesn't. 

True story. 

kingantti1874
Just now, Barack said:

United wouldn't, imo, release him for less than 300k. You'd probably need to punt them a player or two on top, to at least make it palatable.

Anderson's money, if we did go for him.

give them Robert’s and £100k. They will want Shankland off the wage bill. 

Ibrahim Tall
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Just Ill informed rubbish which pays zero attention to why he scored 7 goals.  I wouldn’t pay a big fee but with the supply we provide he would score many. In games where we are on top and have lots of possession he would be perfect

Because he wasn’t very good? Scoring lots of goals in the championship =/= scoring goals in the premier, ask Stephen Dobbie, Callum Elliot or Dennis Wyness. 

coatbridgejambo
8 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Didn't shankland miss a large part of the season with injury? I'm actually not sure if I'm imagining that or not.

Not actually sure if shankland is the answer either.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He did have though, and now he doesn't. 

True story. 

When did he clear it out though? Maybe like my 12 year old, goes in a wee ragey and 15 mins later a wee apology and a bosey, its all ok again. I suppose its filling another 24 hours while we wait on our next rumour

Batistuta87
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

When did he clear it out though? Maybe like my 12 year old, goes in a wee ragey and 15 mins later a wee apology and a bosey, its all ok again. I suppose its filling another 24 hours while we wait on our next rumour

Don't know, obviously - and I'm not implying anything. Literally just saying he's recently deleted anything Hearts related. I have as much of a clue about what's happening as everyone else one here. 

Berra than you
12 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Aye he had a few photos, winning the league, first game/goals and stuff. Definitely had stuff on there. 

👍

Batistuta87
6 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'd maybe even lend them a youth player on loan. Dunno who though! 

Conor Smith maybe? 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***