***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I actually think he mis-speaks, here is the quote - 

He added: “The market we’re in, we're not going out and buying people. You have to look, this is the way we want to play, this is the type of player we want to get in. This is the age bracket we’re looking to get them in and this is the quality we want to get as well. We’d like to tick all of these boxes but at times you have to go ‘what is the most important one?”

...I actually think he means to say "... buy just anyone." Which would tie in with the context of the rest of the paragraph.

Yes, makes sense.👍

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Batistuta87
31 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Robbie Was on the scarves around the funnel podcast and and was jokingly asked at the end about Alan Campbell. His response was basically he’s too expensive. As a side I’d like us to go for Jamie Hamilton at Hamilton. Got lots of premiership games under his belt already for his age and I think we could improve him further. Hopefully Hamilton would deal at a sensible price now they’re down with a sell on. 

Still a year left on his contract and is doing well at Hamilton. All things considered, I reckon he'd cost about £250k or there abouts, and I don't think we have that sort of money to spend on a development project at the moment. Might be one to consider on a pre-contract in January though if we can.  

15 hours ago, Chaps said:

We didn’t need him.

Really? Don’t think he would have scored a goal or two against Brora? 

Churchill Barrier

The Championship, you have to be a bit more adaptive in the games you play. It is very much a transitional game, direct, knock downs, second balls, set plays.

Add in ' get in behind, down the channels "

And he would have got a full house in football cliche bull sheeite.

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Stoke want Campbell. I think that's where he will end up unless Celtic make an offer. 

Yes, £500k would be loose change to them assuming the compensation rule applies if he moves South.

Vlad the impaler
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Still a year left on his contract and is doing well at Hamilton. All things considered, I reckon he'd cost about £250k or there abouts, and I don't think we have that sort of money to spend on a development project at the moment. Might be one to consider on a pre-contract in January though if we can.  

Ah didn’t realise he had a year left. They may soften the fee with a sell on if he doesn’t want to play championship football,I very much doubt Hamilton will enter any relegation clauses in contracts they give players either

Robbo Is God
13 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Great scoring record that, and has to have a natural eye for goal to get on the scoresheet so much but I think there's a fair difference between EFL L2 and us. Eoin Doyle - who wasn't much good for Hibs 10y ago - was 2nd top scorer... 

Dunno tbh. 

The 2nd top scorer has 19 goals. That's 13 goals less than Mullin. Boyce was our leagues top scorer with 14. Mullin is basically a Boyce better than the 2nd top scorer. Cambridge blurb is that he is a very intelligent striker with a fantastic 1st touch. Not seen the guy play though but as we go by stats, his stats look good. I think anyway 😂

1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I actually think he mis-speaks, here is the quote - 

He added: “The market we’re in, we're not going out and buying people. You have to look, this is the way we want to play, this is the type of player we want to get in. This is the age bracket we’re looking to get them in and this is the quality we want to get as well. We’d like to tick all of these boxes but at times you have to go ‘what is the most important one?”

...I actually think he means to say "... buy just anyone." Which would tie in with the context of the rest of the paragraph.

👍

25 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Neilson coming out with 2 formations he wants to play next season does come over as being very childish just like he is playing an XBOX game. Coming out with 4-2-3-1 and 4-4-2 diamond is fine but imagine a player that is a fantastic talent becomes available that doesn’t come into Neilson’s structured formation would Neilson be flexible enough to accommodate that player. Plus during the week the players train and are coached on formations & tactics regarding who they are playing. A squad of players has to have 3 x Goalkeepers, 2 x Right Backs, 2 x Left Backs, 2 x Defensive Midfielders, 6 x Midfielders, 4 x Wingers, 2 x No.10’s, 4 x Strikers. All 25 players need to be capable of playing in first team football to a high standard. Hearts need quality not quantity and as for the 16 year olds to the 19 year olds they would need to force themselves into the next seasons First Team squad by the time they are reaching 20. No more waste and every part of the clubs profits from Sponsorship, Retail, Hospitality and the rest has to go into the Football side of the club because all the investments that have been made on the clubs infrastructure has to start being directed in the one thing our club should be all about Hearts Football Team.

Neilson didn’t say what the two formations are so your criticism of him is kind of redundant.  

Batistuta87
21 minutes ago, Robbo Is God said:

The 2nd top scorer has 19 goals. That's 13 goals less than Mullin. Boyce was our leagues top scorer with 14. Mullin is basically a Boyce better than the 2nd top scorer. Cambridge blurb is that he is a very intelligent striker with a fantastic 1st touch. Not seen the guy play though but as we go by stats, his stats look good. I think anyway 😂

I don't think your measurement quite works like that lol but no denying that he'll have an eye for goal with those numbers. My point about Doyle being 2nd top was intended as a way to highlight that the league can't be very good if he's scored 19 down there and only managed a handful up here. 

An interesting one of course - obviously knows where the goal is... 

Ainsley Harriott
3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Yet in the past 3 windows we have signed Liam Boyce, Craig Gordon and Gary Mackay-Steven. I think we will add at least one very decent player, plus Ginnelly, if he stays fit, big if, he made a massive difference to our dynamic

Boyce was the only one we paid a fee for. Gordon is 39 and wanted back as hes a fan and GMS the was also free and his only managed 3 good games since he joined. 

2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Boyce was the only one we paid a fee for. Gordon is 39 and wanted back as hes a fan and GMS the was also free and his only managed 3 good games since he joined. 

McEneff cost us a fee.

Ainsley Harriott
Just now, DH1986 said:

McEneff cost us a fee.

Initial point was Rob has stated we arent paying fees this window. 

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Yes, we’re all hoping the GMS we have next season is the one that played in the last few matches rather than the one that did very little in the previous 10 or so. 

Iirc, Neilson publicly stated last summer the formation he wanted to play.

That can't be a wise move.

Nor is letting your opponents know up front that you've now come up with a plan b. They'll know as soon as you use it, what it is and also that, if it fails, the only alternative is the already failed plan a.

Isn't a head coach, even at Hearts' level, supposed to have more than 2 weapons in his arsenal?

And should he be flashing them at all and sundry beforehand?

Did he get his coaching badges at Disney Land?

Edited by martoon

john thomas
9 minutes ago, martoon said:

Nor is letting your opponents know up front that you've now come up with a plan b. They'll know as soon as you use it, what it is and also that, if it fails, the only alternative is the already failed plan a.

Isn't a head coach, even at Hearts' level, supposed to have more than 2 weapons in his arsenal?

Apparently everything he says is a lie so shouldn't be a problem

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

So a more accurate quote would be: "we are not going to spend money, unless we do"

He's some guy :lol:

If he said "we are awash with money", what do you think would happen?

Firstly the fee for any purchases would go up and/or the terms new players would also increase.

CloustonHMFC

No football club like ours is going to come our and publicly say we have money to spend. You automatically drive up asking prices by doing that.

Positive words coming out of Robbie's mouth today but he has to back that up. There was a tonne of soundbites last summer about this and that which fell flat on its face.

4 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Positive words coming out of Robbie's mouth today but he has to back that up. There was a tonne of soundbites last summer about this and that which fell flat on its face.

Aye he only went and won the league.

Nookie Bear
9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

If he said "we are awash with money", what do you think would happen?

Firstly the fee for any purchases would go up and/or the terms new players would also increase.

I just find these almost daily musings a bit random and unnecessary. 

Appreciate he has to do media duties but maybe he just needs to play them with more of a straight bat and say less. 

44 minutes ago, martoon said:

Or maybe just don't take it in such a dogmatic way.  He's got preferred formations, that's about it as far as I can see.  He doesn't say we will only play 2 formations no matter what, as you imply.

Under the floodlight
10 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

No football club like ours is going to come our and publicly say we have money to spend. You automatically drive up asking prices by doing that.

I've ten grand to buy a car what have you got? You're in luck I got one for 10 grand over here!

David Black
1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Initial point was Rob has stated we arent paying fees this window. 

We shouldn't need to pay a fee. There will be countless players out of contract both here and Europe that should suit our needs considering we only need about 3 or 4, plus Ginnelly. 

johnthomas
11 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

28 isn't really too old, is it? I would be more concerned about his last injury. It looks like he was out for a long time. 

Can’t say I've seen him play much but his goal scoring record for Motherwell looks decent. 

Good player .

No idea what the injury was or what his injury history is . But if we did sign him he would immediately be labelled injury prone on here .

Agentjambo
16 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

28 isn't really too old, is it? I would be more concerned about his last injury. It looks like he was out for a long time. 

Can’t say I've seen him play much but his goal scoring record for Motherwell looks decent. 

Robbie stated we are looking at 26 and younger.

PNE always seem to have a few irish players in their squad, would imagine that is a market we may go back into

13 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Robbie stated we are looking at 26 and younger.

Unless other factors were considered more important. 

2 hours ago, Vlad the impaler said:

I’m not sure tbh. He does play on the left of a two for Hamilton though. He’s destined for good things according to the Hamilton youth coach in this article but definitely someone we should be looking at https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/liverpool-manchester-city-youngsters-lack-23832397.amp

I think that's a great shout tbh. Exactly the type of player we should be looking at, I'm sure he is a Left footer too. 

We probably need two Centerhalfs, a youngster like him and a quality Centerhalf would be ideal.

If we get Ginnelly, we need someone that can link play between midfield and the forward areas. Probably another winger and another goalscorer too. 

I'd still like us to keep Irving and rotate him with Pete because he can break the lines with passes from midfield into forward areas. 

If we manage to do that this summer we'll be pretty solid. 

21 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Billy Bodin is a name I’ve heard mentioned. 

That doesn't surprise me tbh. He's decent. I'd take that Durmas from St Mirren though. 

Edited by Cruyff

30 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

If Naismith retires then he can fill in for him 

Joking aside if he can prove he’s fit i would be happy with him 

Nookie Bear
25 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Billy Bodin is a name I’ve heard mentioned. 

Jeez i remember his dad playing :(

adambraejambo
13 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Just been released too

He has had 34 competitive minutes in 2021. Know he had a bad injury but would be another gamble. If he is fully fit though then he is a good player  . 

Edited by adambraejambo

Just now, adambraejambo said:

He has had 31 competitive minutes in 2021. Know he had a bad injury but would be another gamble. If he is fully fit though then he is a good player  . 

I think we need players who are not a gamble fitness wise. White recently was given the chance and had some good games but in the end does not appear good enough. 

Batistuta87
28 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Just been released too

29 though? Doesn't fit into the 26 or under bracket... 

BelgeJambo
10 minutes ago, andrew said:

Moult and Boyce would make a good partnership up front IMO. 

Aka Clark and Robertson, with Ginelly doing the JC role

1 hour ago, Dia Liom said:

Or maybe just don't take it in such a dogmatic way.  He's got preferred formations, that's about it as far as I can see.  He doesn't say we will only play 2 formations no matter what, as you imply.

Unfortunately, DL, we will see.

But it doesn't look promising.

He persisted continually with his preferred tactics this season which were one dimensional, boring and saw us lurch from one dreadful performance to another. Often with the result to match.

He often appeared unwilling or unable to meaningfully change the course of such games. 

His limitations as a coach have been laid bare time and again and I don't see much evidence for optimism that there will be any leap forward in his abilities.

There hasn't been any improvement in the years between his two Hearts stints and time, particularly one summer, is not likely change that. 

Batistuta87
3 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

PNE also released Graham Burke.

Hasn't he signed a permanent deal with Shamrock Rovers?

Agentjambo
2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Not sure 🤔 

Agentjambo
4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yes you’re right 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I'm talking about quality signings. Miserable to suggest other wise, however they arrive. GMS will be a very good signing, is a very good signing. Anyone trying to deflect from this is simply looking either to nitpick or find more fault than is actually true.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***