***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yes. The trick is getting the execution right. 

Firing squad is pretty fail safe. The boy with the pistol can always finish the job.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Believe Neilson. 

:notsure:

Neilson is pretty coy with the press, a lot of froth over his comments, and some of them are pretty daft in truth, but I find he likes to bullshit in the media, really dont mind that at all, I wouldnt give them anything myself.

2 hours ago, Chaps said:

Some folk really need to get over Lafferty.

Its not the point, when Vlad meddled in first team affairs and it was rightly condemned. 

Budge is doing the same. We operate in a market where we need to extract as much value as possible to be competitive. She’s chased off a striker who would give us a competitive edge in the big fixtures. 

To me that’s not on. If Robbie believes he can manage Lafferty then Budge needs to back him on that. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Doubt we are going to be shouting from the rooftops Mr Anderson is feeling a little flush and ready to flex his Mastercard. Though I dont dispute we wouldnt be buying players in contract, pretty sure we would be keen enough to offer a wage and cover development fees.

GMS I believe is concrete evidence and blindingly obvious we intend to sign players of that repute.

Lafferty, yeah I would have him back in a heartbeat, but we didnt have to work with him, and that I suspect is a very real issue

Ainsley Harriott
2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Anybody expecting us to go for top talents like Campbell,McCann etc are in for a shock.Neilson in the EEN today,we will not be paying fees for anybody.

Expect this shitshow to continue for the foreseeable.

The whole club is thoroughly depressing 😥

Saw that, any ambition we might have hoped for with signings is long gone. 

Ainsley Harriott
25 minutes ago, OTT said:

Its not the point, when Vlad meddled in first team affairs and it was rightly condemned. 

Budge is doing the same. We operate in a market where we need to extract as much value as possible to be competitive. She’s chased off a striker who would give us a competitive edge in the big fixtures. 

To me that’s not on. If Robbie believes he can manage Lafferty then Budge needs to back him on that. 

We don't actually know Ann did it was only suggested by one person on here

Tom Hardy’s Dug
6 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

If this is true, and i have no reason to doubt you by the way, but this is exactly why we are an absolute shambles of a football club, wtf is Budge actually doing! meddling in first team football matters? I thought the reason Savage and Mckinley were brought in was because she wasn't going to be involved in the first team football side of the business anymore? Otherwise what's the actual point of bringing these people in? Why doesn't she just take the title of ceo and sporting director as well, as it appears she is doing both of their jobs anyway. Bloody shambles.

She can't go quick enough for me.

Did Lafferty not shit all over Budge/the club following some above the requirement of duty support from her/the club about his gambling/personal issues? Sure I read something like that at the time.

Nookie Bear
6 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

If this is true, and i have no reason to doubt you by the way, but this is exactly why we are an absolute shambles of a football club, wtf is Budge actually doing! meddling in first team football matters? I thought the reason Savage and Mckinley were brought in was because she wasn't going to be involved in the first team football side of the business anymore? Otherwise what's the actual point of bringing these people in? Why doesn't she just take the title of ceo and sporting director as well, as it appears she is doing both of their jobs anyway. Bloody shambles.

She can't go quick enough for me.

Against the grain, i am going to stick up for Budge here.

Laffertry brings more than just football ability. Yes, his goals are needed but he also brings a whole lot of off the field issues that are outwith Robbie and Joe's remit and land at Budge's door.

I would also be sceptical as to whether Lafferty is signing for Hearts because he is motivated to play for Robbie/Hearts or whether he just needs the signing on fee and regular income.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
34 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Saw that, any ambition we might have hoped for with signings is long gone. 

Yet in the past 3 windows we have signed Liam Boyce, Craig Gordon and Gary Mackay-Steven. I think we will add at least one very decent player, plus Ginnelly, if he stays fit, big if, he made a massive difference to our dynamic

Nookie Bear
3 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Anybody expecting us to go for top talents like Campbell,McCann etc are in for a shock.Neilson in the EEN today,we will not be paying fees for anybody.

Expect this shitshow to continue for the foreseeable.

The whole club is thoroughly depressing 😥

I can't see that. Am i missing something?

49 minutes ago, OTT said:

So have you established if

-AB doesn't want Laff but RN does

or

-RN doesn't want him but AB might

or

-Neither wants him

or

Both want him

or

-people are just making up stories to suit whatever agenda they might have?

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

So have you established if

-AB doesn't want Laff but RN does

or

-RN doesn't want him but AB might

or

-Neither wants him

or

Both want him

or

-people are just making up stories to suit whatever agenda they might have?

Though somebody at hearts doesn't want him because KL is playing for Kilmarnock. Given he publicly said he wanted to come back to Hearts before his last transfer I think he would come back.

12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Yet in the past 3 windows we have signed Liam Boyce, Craig Gordon and Gary Mackay-Steven. I think we will add at least one very decent player, plus Ginnelly, if he stays fit, big if, he made a massive difference to our dynamic

Based on not a lot of information, I agree. Two or three biggish names and a lot of 18-22 year olds is my guess.

1 hour ago, Jamboj1 said:

Issue with this is you must be willing to pay the 500k if that’s what is decided. We won’t be 

But it won’t be £500k in all probability. 

23 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

No, or maybe just the posters made up stuff. 

13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Though somebody at hearts doesn't want him because KL is playing for Kilmarnock. Given he publicly said he wanted to come back to Hearts before his last transfer I think he would come back.

I am not sure we should be thinking about signing someone like him again at his age and being difficult to manage. Tommy Wright had a reason to sign him and has done so to try and keep them in the top league. Wright himselfr said he was a nightmare to manage and the Manager should be focussing on working on all the players not having to soend extra time trying to control one player.

I don't know if Levein had issues with him but he is always a bit of a risk more so than most.

44 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Did Lafferty not shit all over Budge/the club following some above the requirement of duty support from her/the club about his gambling/personal issues? Sure I read something like that at the time.

His lack of discipline, both on and off the field, created problems for management at all levels in the Club despite him being ‘popular’ with a lot of players. Was viewed as a poor role model. 

siegementality
14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That is a reasonable assumption but not necessarily a correct one.

When he became available we were top of the league and looking certain for promotion so why would we want to pay another salary for a position we had options for (Nando, Boyce, Naysmith, Hendo).

We got promoted without him so, admittedly, with hindsight, we seem to have made the right decision.

We could probably have done without Logan as well but with his namesake out on loan and Brandon injured we were short of RB options but that was a short term signing and would KL have signed on a short term deal?  Maybe, maybe not!

34 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

He added: “The market we’re in, we're not going out and buying people.

4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That is a reasonable assumption but not necessarily a correct one.

When he became available we were top of the league and looking certain for promotion so why would we want to pay another salary for a position we had options for (Nando, Boyce, Naysmith, Hendo).

We got promoted without him so, admittedly, with hindsight, we seem to have made the right decision.

We could probably have done without Logan as well but with his namesake out on loan and Brandon injured we were short of RB options but that was a short term signing and would KL have signed on a short term deal?  Maybe, maybe not!

All perfectly fair.

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

An odd phrase, to be sure!

What market are we in that means we cannot spend, say, £250k on a player?

Did we not just spend 200k euros on McEneff?

7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

An odd phrase, to be sure!

What market are we in that means we cannot spend, say, £250k on a player?

Did we not just spend 200k euros on McEneff?

He also said this which might suggest that this is not set in stone.

We’d like to tick all of these boxes but at times you have to go ‘what is the most important one?”

Pasquale for King

Regan Hendry named alongside Boyce, Gordon and Adam as nominees for Players player of the season. 

Nookie Bear
Just now, wavydavy said:

He also said this which might suggest that this is not set in stone.

We’d like to tick all of these boxes but at times you have to go ‘what is the most important one?”

So a more accurate quote would be: "we are not going to spend money, unless we do"

He's some guy :lol:

Pasquale for King

We all know that you can’t trust anything Neilson says don’t we? He contradicts himself constantly and flips flops back and forward on most things. A serial liar apparently. Wonder where he picked that up. 

KyleLafferty

People really need to step back from the fantasy world they are living in. Hearts are skint, zero income the full season except FOH. I’m hoping savage has some contacts down south and convince lower league players to join. RN says signing players under the age of 26 is exactly what we need and I’m glad it’s been recognise.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

So a more accurate quote would be: "we are not going to spend money, unless we do"

I think he meant we are looking at say 24 year olds but if we see a guy at 30 who fits the bill we will

sign them. 

19 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We - meaning the club. Funds for a potential Campbell move will come from another source. 

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

It's a bit like the statements we get pre match when asked about a players fitness and Robbie says he might be fit for Saturday but if not definitely next week. Then the player is out for at least a month.

We need to take all press comments with a pinch of salt I think, never say never.

34 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Just said we wouldn’t be ‘buying’ players. Didn’t mention settling development compensation fees. The kind of wordsmithing Robbie usually uses a lot in his media interaction. 

Rogue Daddy
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Just said we wouldn’t be ‘buying’ players. Didn’t mention settling development compensation fees. The kind of wordsmithing Robbie usually uses a lot in his media interaction. 

I actually think he mis-speaks, here is the quote - 

He added: “The market we’re in, we're not going out and buying people. You have to look, this is the way we want to play, this is the type of player we want to get in. This is the age bracket we’re looking to get them in and this is the quality we want to get as well. We’d like to tick all of these boxes but at times you have to go ‘what is the most important one?”

...I actually think he means to say "... buy just anyone." Which would tie in with the context of the rest of the paragraph.

Tbf to Neilson even if we can, or intend to, pay a transfer fee you don't announce it in the press first.

I don't mind if we do or don't, I just want us to sign good players. There's many available for little or no transfer fees.

Particular during the summer window.

The Apprentice
15 minutes ago, martoon said:

Tbf to Neilson even if we can, or intend to, pay a transfer fee you don't announce it in the press first.

I don't mind if we do or don't, I just want us to sign good players. There's many available for little or no transfer fees.

Particular during the summer window.

Along the lines of what I was thinking. It's why you see a lot of transfers declared as 'undisclosed' these days. No one wants to let anyone else know publicly what they are buying and selling players for.

john thomas
24 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Most managers [and other football people] do .

Wouldn't matter a toss what RN says it will be jumped on by the the usual tossers .

p.s. I'd have preferred a change of manager

jamtartan74

They have taken this from the scarves around the funnel podcast, why don’t you give it a listen to then hear it for yourselves 👍🏻

Edited by jamtartan74

Vlad the impaler

Robbie Was on the scarves around the funnel podcast and and was jokingly asked at the end about Alan Campbell. His response was basically he’s too expensive. As a side I’d like us to go for Jamie Hamilton at Hamilton. Got lots of premiership games under his belt already for his age and I think we could improve him further. Hopefully Hamilton would deal at a sensible price now they’re down with a sell on. 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

They have taken this from the scarves around the funnel podcast, why don’t you give it a listen to then hear it for yourselves 👍🏻

Around bedtime perhaps 🥱😴

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Robbie Was on the scarves around the funnel podcast and and was jokingly asked at the end about Alan Campbell. His response was basically he’s too expensive. As a side I’d like us to go for Jamie Hamilton at Hamilton. Got lots of premiership games under his belt already for his age and I think we could improve him further. Hopefully Hamilton would deal at a sensible price now they’re down with a sell on. 

Might be worth a shout if we had money, the problem being if we had to rely on him with Halkett or Popescu. If we had two reliable CHs he could learn from it would be better, can’t see RN going for such a young player. 

Vlad the impaler
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Might be worth a shout if we had money, the problem being if we had to rely on him with Halkett or Popescu. If we had two reliable CHs he could learn from it would be better, can’t see RN going for such a young player. 

This is where we’ve got so far away from. We signed Webster to play and learn from Pressley and he hadn’t even played at premiership level. He quickly played every week. I think Souttar could do same for Hamilton 👍🏻

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

This is where we’ve got so far away from. We signed Webster to play and learn from Pressley and he hadn’t even played at premiership level. He quickly played every week. I think Souttar could do same for Hamilton 👍🏻

As Berra did for him. Didn’t want to jinx it but Souttar still has a lot to learn himself and needs to be there to help a younger player. 

23 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

He's a lefties as well is he not? 

I wonder what formations he meant. Surely 3 at the back for at least one of them. Could obviously affect who he signs so relevant to this thread. 

Neilson coming out with 2 formations he wants to play next season does come over as being very childish just like he is playing an XBOX game. Coming out with 4-2-3-1 and 4-4-2 diamond is fine but imagine a player that is a fantastic talent becomes available that doesn’t come into Neilson’s structured formation would Neilson be flexible enough to accommodate that player. Plus during the week the players train and are coached on formations & tactics regarding who they are playing. A squad of players has to have 3 x Goalkeepers, 2 x Right Backs, 2 x Left Backs, 2 x Defensive Midfielders, 6 x Midfielders, 4 x Wingers, 2 x No.10’s, 4 x Strikers. All 25 players need to be capable of playing in first team football to a high standard. Hearts need quality not quantity and as for the 16 year olds to the 19 year olds they would need to force themselves into the next seasons First Team squad by the time they are reaching 20. No more waste and every part of the clubs profits from Sponsorship, Retail, Hospitality and the rest has to go into the Football side of the club because all the investments that have been made on the clubs infrastructure has to start being directed in the one thing our club should be all about Hearts Football Team.

Vlad the impaler
5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He's a lefties as well is he not? 

I’m not sure tbh. He does play on the left of a two for Hamilton though. He’s destined for good things according to the Hamilton youth coach in this article but definitely someone we should be looking at https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/liverpool-manchester-city-youngsters-lack-23832397.amp

1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I actually think he mis-speaks, here is the quote - 

He added: “The market we’re in, we're not going out and buying people. You have to look, this is the way we want to play, this is the type of player we want to get in. This is the age bracket we’re looking to get them in and this is the quality we want to get as well. We’d like to tick all of these boxes but at times you have to go ‘what is the most important one?”

...I actually think he means to say "... buy just anyone." Which would tie in with the context of the rest of the paragraph.

I think your interpretation is spot on. 

Just now, mitch41 said:

Neilson coming out with 2 formations he wants to play next season does come over as being very childish just like he is playing an XBOX game. Coming out with 4-2-3-1 and 4-4-2 diamond is fine but imagine a player that is a fantastic talent becomes available that doesn’t come into Neilson’s structured formation would Neilson be flexible enough to accommodate that player. Plus during the week the players train and are coached on formations & tactics regarding who they are playing. A squad of players has to have 3 x Goalkeepers, 2 x Right Backs, 2 x Left Backs, 2 x Defensive Midfielders, 6 x Midfielders, 4 x Wingers, 2 x No.10’s, 4 x Strikers. All 25 players need to be capable of playing in first team football to a high standard. Hearts need quality not quantity and as for the 16 year olds to the 19 year olds they would need to force themselves into the next seasons First Team squad by the time they are reaching 20. No more waste and every part of the clubs profits from Sponsorship, Retail, Hospitality and the rest has to go into the Football side of the club because all the investments that have been made on the clubs infrastructure has to start being directed in the one thing our club should be all about Hearts Football Team.

I think you're overthinking things.  Everything he says in an interview doesn't need to be overanalysed.  Whatever else you think of him, he's a former pro footballer and a manager with a decent track record.  To compare his comments to a child with an xbox game seems unfair.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***