• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Mark_Mywords
2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I heard Robbie actually managed to line up an amazing signing, a top international player who wanted to come to Hearts on low wages for a challenge. Everything was about to be agreed, when Savage burst in throwing water balloons filled with urine at the player and his agent shouting "what smells of piss....you." The player never came back

tenor.png

Batistuta87
Just now, Rave MacPherson said:

Ryan Gauld heading to Canada?! After the season he has been reported as having I'm quite surprised by that move. 

£1M a season mate. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, BM1874 said:

Hirst dad new where the goal was for Sheffield Wednesday in the 90’s and the lad himself, has been abroad and appears to be half decent

would take dewsbury-Hall as he had a great end to season with Luton (I think) 

feeling both these players will be kept in england next season though 

Sounds like a wedding venue. No thanks.

fabienleclerq
4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

no it’s probably not but it’s unlikely that we will jump from the champ straight into 3rd.  I think we have enough now to finish top 5, but I would absolutely hate to go see us sign players for the sake of it again. We can’t keep making the same mistakes over and over again. Sign quality when we can get it.. sign potential when we are confident that it will yield a reward. Stay away from old unmotivated or injury prone players only here for a payday 

Absolutely, our recruitment has been the worst thing about the last few years. Hopefully with the backroom changes we see a different approach. 

Tbh with our budget we should be going after third everytime, I might be being unrealistic though. 

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

I wasn't suggesting we could afford him, but i would have thought the money would have been similar in other, more desirable leagues. I always think of the MSL as the place footballers go to retire

To be fair it has improved a lot more. I think the money was too good to turn down and his team in Portugal are claiming they extended his contract which he says did not apply as the club got relegated, so other clubs might be put off at the possibility of FIFA siding with the club and a fee being paid.

Batistuta87
Just now, Rave MacPherson said:

I wasn't suggesting we could afford him, but i would have thought the money would have been similar in other, more desirable leagues. I always think of the MSL as the place footballers go to retire

Nah wasn't saying you were but can't think of many places  he could get as much as £20k p/w. He was pretty pish when he was on loan at Hibs so would be surprised if anyone like Celtic for example were in for him. Also possible he just fancied it because he'll stroll it over there and will be a superstar. 

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

I want to know when our 2 world cup stars are finally going to appear?

Did we no get them eventually in Kingston and Jwown 😂

32 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Ryan Gauld heading to Canada?! After the season he has been reported as having I'm quite surprised by that move. 

Steve Clarke can't watch him in Portugal so Canada will be the same   

gorgieheart
3 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Was just looking at Leicester yesterday actually, wondering if they had anyone who might be useful to us on loan:

Sidnei Tavares (CM, 19)

Josh Knight (CB, 23)

George Hirst (ST, 21)

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall (CM, 22)

Josh any relation to Zap ? 

lost in space
6 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Must have been a different Robbie Neilson, that sent young Pollock on for his first Hearts goal last night …

What are you on about? Pollock is on this season - we were talking about last seasons bloated squad - TRY TO KEEP UP!  

We dont have a bloated squad now. Not even sure we have a squad. Young players getting a chance as we have failed to make the signings that the club agree we need.

I would be happy if Neilson did plan to play specific youngsters - but his priority will be to save his job - not build for the future.

3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Quality still costs money though and the fact that we’ve made bad misjudgements in the past doesn’t mean we shouldn’t still be prepared to go big if we can afford to. The problem over the past few years hasn’t been the money offered - it’s been the club’s judgement in signing players who’ve been a complete waste of it. That’s where Savage has to prove his worth, in dragging our recruitment into the 21st century and getting out of the habit of re-signing Jamie bloody Walker. 

It does but it doesn’t come with any guarantees. The club is always going to be at a loss when it comes to transfers as the game is rigged. Without knowing all the ins and outs nobody can really comment but regardless it will be used as a stick to beat the club with.

Ultimately only good results will keep most fans at bay and even this year that hasn’t been enough.

1 hour ago, pointon said:

What’s Hlebs brother up to these days ?

Helb brother ? can go one better remember Ahn Jung Hwan he was the world cup start we were after, And German keeper Georg Koch

Edited by Stu_HMFC

kingantti1874
48 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Absolutely, our recruitment has been the worst thing about the last few years. Hopefully with the backroom changes we see a different approach. 

Tbh with our budget we should be going after third everytime, I might be being unrealistic though. 

i agree 100%. But I want us to go after it in a calm and controlled manner, wasting money on shit won’t do it. We know we probably aren’t good enough so every single player we sign has to improve the first 11. If we can’t get them then sit on the money.

as I say I’m disappointed we haven’t got many over the line but happy that we are at least trying not to waste what we have

Mr Elwood P
46 minutes ago, lost in space said:

What are you on about? Pollock is on this season - we were talking about last seasons bloated squad - TRY TO KEEP UP!  

We dont have a bloated squad now. Not even sure we have a squad. Young players getting a chance as we have failed to make the signings that the club agree we need.

I would be happy if Neilson did plan to play specific youngsters - but his priority will be to save his job - not build for the future.

It was a very simple statement. I’m sure if you think about it, you can work it out.

Batistuta87

Was expecting quite a straightforward window when I started this thread.

1.1 million views later....

Unreal 😂🤯

lost in space
10 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

It was a very simple statement. I’m sure if you think about it, you can work it out.

It was simple.

I have thought about it.

I have worked it out.

You have blamed "bloated squad" for youngsters not getting a chance during last season, when of course it had nothing to do with that. It was NEILSON who chose to play journeymen instead of youngsters.

Do you understand the concept of time?

If so, time you stopped making incorrect statements.

5 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Unreal 😂🤯

It’s been a bit of a rollercoaster but a rollercoaster that just goes down the way. 😀

Mr Elwood P
13 minutes ago, lost in space said:

It was simple.

I have thought about it.

I have worked it out.

You have blamed "bloated squad" for youngsters not getting a chance during last season, when of course it had nothing to do with that. It was NEILSON who chose to play journeymen instead of youngsters.

You have incorrectly assumed I blamed the bloated squad. That was in fact a reference to other posters interpretations. You have unfortunately misunderstood and ranted based on a false assumption. Anyone with a brain will have a noticed a number of academy players taking to the field last season as they continue to do this campaign! The original Championship season also saw prominent use of Hearts academy graduates. 

BackOfTheNet
34 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Unreal 😂🤯

All In the quest for whelms

20 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

All In the quest for whelms

This slogan would suit the advert for Duxford air show above.👀  Please replace the wording, mods 🤪

26 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

This is quite interesting and gives a good insight as to how transfers work these days. I’d agree - we could well be utilising this. 

Bazzas right boot
42 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Could mean the end of the "agent" 

Not a bad thing imo. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

It’s been a bit of a rollercoaster but a rollercoaster that just goes down the way. 😀

I’m nicking this 😀😀

1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

That's a brilliant idea, I guess the website takes a percentage of the fee? Or is it subscription based? Worth investing in if it's publicly traded.

LarrysRightFoot
3 minutes ago, Sertse said:

That's a brilliant idea, I guess the website takes a percentage of the fee? Or is it subscription based? Worth investing in if it's publicly traded.

Don’t know if it’s listed. Here’s the website - 

https://www.transferroom.com

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Mcgill to airdrie on loan til January.

Wonder where he’s expected to play. Based on the Sunderland game I’d like to see him play at centre back.

Niemi’s gloves
11 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Wonder where he’s expected to play. Based on the Sunderland game I’d like to see him play at centre back.

League one with Airdrie is a decent level for Scott McGill given he hasn’t played much for us and hasn’t been out on loan before. I’d say the key is how much game time he gets as much as what position. He’s on the bench against Motherwell tonight. Airdrie seem to have quite a small player pool at present so he should get chances to show what he can do. 

Just now, Niemi’s gloves said:

League one with Airdrie is a decent level for Scott McGill given he hasn’t played much for us and hasn’t been out on loan before. I’d say the key is how much game time he gets as much as what position. He’s on the bench against Motherwell tonight. Airdrie seem to have quite a small player pool at present so he should get chances to show what he can do. 

Yeah couldn’t fill a bench. Hope gets a good run in the team. He was ahead of pollock last season so did show some potential 

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

This slogan would suit the advert for Duxford air show above.👀  Please replace the wording, mods 🤪

Summer of ‘21 - The Quest for Whelms

There’s a book / movie in there somewhere

1 hour ago, bazman said:

McGill on the bench for airdrie tonight live on premier sports

Scored a screamer.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
6 minutes ago, poultry said:

Scored a screamer.

Didn't he just 👍

maidstonejambo
5 hours ago, lost in space said:

It was simple.

I have thought about it.

I have worked it out.

The Scarves Around The Funnel

podcast asked Neilson about the lack of youngsters getting game time last season and he gave a good answer about how difficult it was to integrate them into training sessions, changing rooms and match day squads. Have a listen if you get the chance. I don’t think it’s as simple as him just making the choice not to bother with them. 

Edited to add - difficulties in integrating youngsters were due to COVID protocols. 

Edited by maidstonejambo
Forgot to

Rick Sanchez
12 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

If my twitter translator is correct they lost 3-0.

I'm sure you're as shocked as I am.

6 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

If my twitter translator is correct they lost 3-0.

I'm sure you're as shocked as I am.

Rumour has it the opponents only had 3 shots on target 

stirlingshirejambo
11 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Rumour has it the opponents only had 3 shots on target 

More likely 2 and one cross palmed into the net

26 minutes ago, maidstonejambo said:

The Scarves Around The Funnel

podcast asked Neilson about the lack of youngsters getting game time last season and he gave a good answer about how difficult it was to integrate them into training sessions, changing rooms and match day squads. Have a listen if you get the chance. I don’t think it’s as simple as him just making the choice not to bother with them. 

Edited to add - difficulties in integrating youngsters were due to COVID protocols. 

The folk going on about the lack of youth last season are simply looking for something to moan about.  I like seeing young players get a chance as much as anyone but chucking them in the team without due care is not a good idea.  I'm sure the lack of reserve and youth games was another reason given by RN.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Dia Liom said:

The folk going on about the lack of youth last season are simply looking for something to moan about.  I like seeing young players get a chance as much as anyone but chucking them in the team without due care is not a good idea.  I'm sure the lack of reserve and youth games was another reason given by RN.

Who would want to blood youngsters in that shit League anyhow. League 1 is actually not a bad place in comparison. 

Could be good for the keeper I suppose 

lost in space
5 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You have incorrectly assumed I blamed the bloated squad. That was in fact a reference to other posters interpretations. You have unfortunately misunderstood and ranted based on a false assumption. Anyone with a brain will have a noticed a number of academy players taking to the field last season as they continue to do this campaign! The original Championship season also saw prominent use of Hearts academy graduates. 

Is English your second or third language? 

I like a good debate - even a good argument but can't be bothered with posters who tell lies as you have.

I am happy with posters who exaggerate views - can have fun with that but you even lie about your previous posts - blaming others.

Insulting others is never a good idea when you use opinions which you suggest are facts.

You will probably reply - but your lies are boring me now.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***