• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

20 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Sean Clare had a hugely successful spell in Scotland. My word that is revisionist ๐Ÿ˜‚

He was pretty decent when he left but I do remember sitting in Tynecastle letting out a few groans when they would announce he was coming on at the start๐Ÿ˜‚ brilliant penalty taker

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

:lol:

I'll take any kind of sign at this point

Could we club together as a forum and get a psychic?

ย 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

You won't be able to judge Savage on August 31st, bit like Catchphrase though, a lot of the bonus catchphrase blocks will be removed from the picture for a good guess. Say what you see. Here's hoping its good and its right!!!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Sertse said:

He was pretty decent when he left but I do remember sitting in Tynecastle letting out a few groans when they would announce he was coming on at the start๐Ÿ˜‚ brilliant penalty taker

Great penalty taker. Didn't offer anything defensively really, bit of a luxury player. Right back suited him coming forward, but as Oxford clearly discovered too, he cannae defend. Problem.ย 

Under the floodlight
3 minutes ago, Sertse said:

ย 

Or a pyskick

kingantti1874
16 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

It's go a deja vu feeling about this window, usual chat about quality that never appears. We end up starting the season and get told about waiting for said quality, sign more mediocre shite and wait for January.

Strangest deja vu Iโ€™ve ever heard considering that suggestion is theย liter opposite of whatย ย happened in the last 7 years
ย 

We have signed nearly 100ย players since 2014/15ย who have presumably been easy to get. Itย clear most of whom havenโ€™t been good enough.

ย 

tbh if we canโ€™t sign players better than the ones we have then donโ€™t sign anyone, Iโ€™d be disappointed if that plays out but also happy becuase we absolutely need to stop wasting money on shite. ย 1/2 quality players is what we need. We may need to free up massive earners like Damour before that becomes possible

Edited by kingantti1874

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, Sertse said:

ย 

We donโ€™t need a psychic to tell us this window will be mediocreย and weโ€™ll be bang average under Neilson

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Sertse said:

the last few games out of nearly 100 appearances he was decent. Was still never a right back - guy had no idea how to defend

16 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Itโ€™s not a bad thing running a tight ship, itโ€™s just that it means nothing if you donโ€™t actually hit your targets.

ย 

Same as the whole โ€˜we wonโ€™t be held to ransomโ€™ cliche - is fine provided you actually succeed inย signingย decent players. Because anyone can make offersย and have peopleย turn them down.

ย 

For example, Iโ€™m sure it was said on the Savage podcast that if players ditherย when we make an offer, theyโ€™re not for us. Personally I think we have to be more pragmatic than that. Weโ€™re not exactly a massive draw atm and players with a semblance of talent always have options.

Not sure about your second paragraph. Weโ€™ve been caught out massively by bending over to agent/ player demands. Meaning weโ€™ve had guys like Damour/ Martin on big deals.

ย 

Ultimately a lot of players/ agents will be expecting business as usual however with whatโ€™s went on thereโ€™s a lot who are going to get a shock.

ย 

Just look at the top clubs and how theyโ€™re not spending the money they used to as an example.ย 

fabienleclerq
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Strangest deja vu Iโ€™ve ever heard considering that suggestion is theย liter opposite of whatย ย happened in the last 7 years
ย 

We have signed nearly 100ย players since 2014/15ย who have presumably been easy to get. Itย clear most of whom havenโ€™t been good enough.

ย 

tbh if we canโ€™t sign players better than the ones we have then donโ€™t sign anyone, Iโ€™d be disappointed if that plays out but also happy becuase we absolutely need to stop wasting money on shite. ย 1/2 quality players is what we need. We may need to free up massive earners like Damour before that becomes possible

ย 

I've said we never end up signing the quality players we always talk about, you countered that by saying we signed 100 players not good enough....ย 

ย 

Depends on your idea of where we should be finishing, I'm not sure 1/2 quality players is enough to get us competing for third.ย 

2 hours ago, siegementality said:

Surely itโ€™s well past โ€œjog onโ€ย time for those we were hoping to get over the line tomorrow, in the next few days, in the next week, in a week or so, soon?

RN after the Raith game at the end of the season indicated there were 2 almost doneย and coming in โ€˜next weekโ€™ โ€˜want to do our business early and get them inโ€™ he specifically said

ย 

I seriously hope weโ€™re not waiting on players who have no real desire to be here and weโ€™re low onย their list of โ€˜optionsโ€™ย Honestlyย thatโ€™s flawed right from the start and Iโ€™d rather see Pollok get a jersey than a player like that.

Mr Elwood P
19 hours ago, lost in space said:

Sorry Mr P but it was not the bloated squad that prevented academy prospects getting game time.

That was ALL down to Robbie Neilson.

Must have been a different Robbie Neilson, that sent young Pollock on for his first Hearts goal last night โ€ฆ

Tom Hardyโ€™s Dug

The optimist in me says that if the supposed 2 players we have lined up are waiting to get this one month pay off thing then they are on decent money.ย 
ย 

For example at ยฃ10k a week Iโ€™d expect us just to pay the ยฃ40k or come to a deal to get the signing over the line - but double

that or more then I would see why we would wait.

Batistuta87
11 minutes ago, Tom Hardyโ€™s Dug said:

The optimist in me says that if the supposed 2 players we have lined up are waiting to get this one month pay off thing then they are on decent money.ย 
ย 

For example at ยฃ10k a week Iโ€™d expect us just to pay the ยฃ40k or come to a deal to get the signing over the line - but double

that or more then I would see why we would wait.

ย 

Can't see us paying a penny for the sake of waiting a week and not having to pay anything. Especially if a five figure sum is involved. If we're waiting on these PFA payments like we were with Naismith, it'll be 1 Aug until we announce anyone. We'll lose to Celtic whether we have these signings or not, unless one of them is Ngolo Kante.ย 

ย 

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

ย 

Can't see us paying a penny for the sake of waiting a week and not having to pay anything. Especially if a five figure sum is involved. If we're waiting on these PFA payments like we were with Naismith, it'll be 1 Aug until we announce anyone. We'll lose to Celtic whether we have these signings or not, unless one of them is Ngolo Kante.ย 

ย 

ย 

Celtic look beatable to me irrespective of signings. Scott Brown will be a big loss for them in the games against us. Mentally he was always a source of their strength.ย Get Halliday stuck into Calum McGregor, rattle him early and we can get at their back 4.ย ย 

OmiyaHearts
2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

ย 

Celtic look beatable to me irrespective of signings. Scott Brown will be a big loss for them in the games against us. Mentally he was always a source of their strength.ย Get Halliday stuck into Calum McGregor, rattle him early and we can get at their back 4.ย ย 

If we play Celtic or Rangers, with Halliday in our starting 11, we'll lose.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

ย 

Well obviously. But you'd like to think there's a 99% chance the players Savage spoke of will be Heartsย players pretty soon.

Not really, until its done its nothing. Another club comesย in with a bigger offer and we are stuffed. Fingers crossed though.

Jambof3tornado
6 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Pish.

1968 Done over

Agree there back four look very vurnable at the mo if they are run at no long balls play with the ball at the feet we will see a few errors GMS might have a fieldย day fingers crossed

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

ย 

Well, put your money where your mouth is then. Get your 20 quid bet on Celtic against Hearts now and go and cheer them on,ย because he will definitely be playing irrespective whether we sign anyone. Keep yourself the **** away fromย Tynecastle.ย 

Auldbenches
3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

ย 

Well, put your money where your mouth is then. Get your 20 quid bet on Celtic against Hearts now and go and cheer them on,ย because he will definitely be playing irrespective whether we sign anyone. Keep yourself the **** away fromย Tynecastle.ย 

You want him to stay away from tynecastle because he has a different opinion about a player?ย ย 

Batistuta87
5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

ย 

ย 

They're about as beatable as they've been in a while but I just can't see it mate. Their back four is a weak point but they're supposed to be bringing in some new defenders, and I think their attack is too strong.ย 

ย 

6 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

ย 

Rangers and Celtic hate players who get in their faces and show no fear. Halliday should be one of the first names on the team sheetย against those two for that reason.ย 

ย 

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

You want him to stay away from tynecastle because he has a different opinion about a player?ย ย 

ย 

No I would want him to stay away from Tynecastle because he would go into a game betting on the opposition, believing his own team will get beat. A losers mentality, woeful support that is better suited down at Lochend. Wouldn't want him to infect any fellow jambosย with it.

SuperstarSteve
20 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Donโ€™t know if we lose because he starts but him being a first choice regular centre midfielder for us I find laughable. Heโ€™s piss poor unless deployed on the left side.ย 

May one-six
21 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I agree that Halliday is one of our weakest players (I was always pleased when he lined up against us when he was with the Huns), but remember that we beat Celtic with Prince Buaben, Don Cowie and Harry Cochrane in our midfield.

Auldbenches
2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

ย 

No I would want him to stay away from Tynecastle because he would go into a game betting on the opposition, believing his own team will get beat. A losers mentality, woeful support that is better suited down at Lochend. Wouldn't want him to infect any fellow jambosย with it.

I disagree with him about Halliday.ย  I think he'll be what we need in midfield against Celtic, especially the way they are just now.ย ย 

He maybe should've said who he would prefer in that roleย when we play them.ย  ย 

I like Halliday and think he'll be alright this season.ย  ย 

He'll definitely be up for that game.ย ย 

ย 

A_A wehatethehibs
7 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

ย 

They're about as beatable as they've been in a while but I just can't see it mate. Their back four is a weak point but they're supposed to be bringing in some new defenders, and I think their attack is too strong.ย 

ย 

ย 

Rangers and Celtic hate players who get in their faces and show no fear. Halliday should be one of the first names on the team sheetย against those two for that reason.ย 

ย 

ย 

They definitely still have the tools to get a couple of goals against us that's why I say, rattle the ball boy McGregor early and make sure they don't get that momentum first half. What tends to happen is, they will chuck men forward early, pin you back and get that goal inside the first 20. Then you're ****ed. Need to stop that from happening, get at that back 4 and make them do some defending.ย 

50 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

ย 

ย 

Donโ€™t agree - Celtic were not that good last season and if anything they have regressed.ย 

40 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Nonsense.

ย 

I'm not Halliday's biggest fan, but first game of the season, Celtic still in turmoil over the managerial cockups over the summer, no scum Glasgow fans in the stadium and us with a few games under out belts? Every chance of a decent result.

11 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I disagree with him about Halliday.ย  I think he'll be what we need in midfield against Celtic, especially the way they are just now.ย ย 

He maybe should've said who he would prefer in that roleย when we play them.ย  ย 

I like Halliday and think he'll be alright this season.ย  ย 

He'll definitely be up for that game.ย ย 

ย 

Not a fan of Halliday but he is , slowly , changing my opinionย 

Not the best by a country mile but great attitude

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

ย 

I've said we never end up signing the quality players we always talk about, you countered that by saying we signed 100 players not good enough....ย 

ย 

Depends on your idea of where we should be finishing, I'm not sure 1/2 quality players is enough to get us competing for third.ย 

no itโ€™s probably not but itโ€™s unlikely that we will jump from the champ straight into 3rd. ย I think we have enough now to finish top 5, but I would absolutely hate to go see us sign players for the sake of it again. We canโ€™t keep making the same mistakes over and over again. Sign quality when we can get it.. sign potential when we are confident that it will yield a reward. Stay away from old unmotivated or injury prone players only here for a paydayย 

1 hour ago, rory78 said:

Hope the Charlton fans are expecting a guy that gives his all each week - heart the size of a mouses sums him upย 

I saw some of his comments recently complaining about being played at right back so might be moved back to midfield. Think heโ€™s one of these players that look good in training but doesnโ€™t have an actual positionย 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

ย 

ย 

Hard to disagree with the above. a stand out CM and CB makes us much better. Covid will have impacted finances so Savage will be working within a tighter model - absolutely no more Amankwaa's, Vanacek's, Stockton's, Grzelak's etc

Hungry hippo
13 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Halliday is probably our best central mid,ย at the moment.ย 

ย 

I'm not his biggest fan but totally agree.

Nookie Bear
6 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Hard to disagree with the above. a stand out CM and CB makes us much better. Covid will have impacted finances so Savage will be working within a tighter model - absolutely no more Amankwaa's, Vanacek's, Stockton's, Grzelak's etc

ย 

Yes, although every other club has been similarly affected so will be less able to keep their players which is where we can benefit.

ย 

It seems to me that many clubs will be cutting costs dramatically right now and we can possibly take advantage.

Batistuta87
24 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Not a fan of Halliday but he is , slowly , changing my opinionย 

Not the best by a country mile but great attitude

ย 

I really like him and am 100% backing him to have a good season. I was calling out for us to sign him for months before we did and was delighted when it happened because he was exactly the sort of aggressive, gritty,ย nippy wee arsehole kind of player that other teams don't like facing, but unfortunately I don't think his head was entirely in the game last season and like many others he was just sort of going through the motions.ย But then his best game of the season was against Celtic, 2nd best against Hibs where he got wound up and showed some passion.ย 

ย 

Edited by Batistuta87

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

ย 

Yes, although every other club has been similarly affected so will be less able to keep their players which is where we can benefit.

ย 

It seems to me that many clubs will be cutting costs dramatically right now and we can possibly take advantage.

good point...for once, you'd hope the clubs have a tad more bargaining power than the players - again might be another reason for delays in signing - we're not being held to ransom

Just saw the Celtic howler last night. He cost them ยฃ4.5m and no doubt ridiculous wages. They got Shane Duffy on loan in stupid wages and also signed two strikers, one from West Ham and ended up playing with no strikers rather than play them.

ย 

Meanwhile we are trying to get free transfers on low wages and folk are saying Savage has to get it right with no mistakes.ย 
ย 

Take off our maroon glasses and he selling a newly promoted team in Scotland l, a quick google would tell any player that the manager isnโ€™t popular with the fans either!
ย 

Edinburgh being a lovely city will only sell the move so much!!

ย 

ps Iโ€™m absolutely delighted Celtic keep getting it wrong, delighted!!

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

ย 

ย 

Watched a wee bit of the Celtic game last night. They are rockย bottom and I wouldnโ€™t be at all surprised if we beat them, signings or no signings .

Famous 1874

Gordonย 

Smith Souttar ?

? ? ? Kingsleyย 

Ginnelly Boyce GMS

ย 

Left sided centre back should be a priority. We also need another right back, unless Neilson really believes in Cammy Logan & Connor Smith (who he has converted). At this rate, we should have kept Shay Logan for a another season.
ย 

For me we also need another central midfielder as that is a majorย weak area. Haring fitness concerns, McEneff not really done anything and Halliday is alright. Left both spots as ? as Iโ€™m unsure who should actually play there.ย 
ย 

That front 3 is filth though.ย 

Should noise Celtic up before the game by making a low-ball bid for one of their decent players.

ย 

Maybe break with the current silence policy too just for that.

Under the floodlight
8 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Watched a wee bit of the Celtic game last night. They are rockย bottom and I wouldnโ€™t be at all surprised if we beat them, signings or no signings .

Agree, should be there for the taking, but don't rule out officials influence.

4 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

Agree, should be there for the taking, but don't rule out officials influence.

You canโ€™t rule that out in any gameย between any 2 teams

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***