***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, daveyhmfc said:

Mods. Just close this thread. What really is the point in it?

Because its still the 2021 summer transfer window

🤷‍♂️

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Auldbenches
3 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

The mods could close the thread or you could avoid it.  You wanting it closed just because you think it's pointless? 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Because its still the 2021 summer transfer window

🤷‍♂️

Given the no leaks policy, we will only find out about transfers when the club announces them. Therefore, this thread in my view is redundant. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

Given the no leaks policy, we will only find out about transfers when the club announces them. Therefore, this thread in my view is redundant. 

As the poster above said,  ignore it then, meanwhile rest of us will have a good yap, speculate,  have a bit of fun and pass the while 

👍

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Deevers said:

No. 

Good Jambo Phil,  more associated with Leeds but very well connected. Just wondered  👍

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

It's a bit of fun, what this site is all about 

kingantti1874
14 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

Becuase this is a message board not a place for factual news 

2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

It's a bit of fun, what this site is all about 

Rename the thread then. Let's all have a laugh and giggles because there are certainly no transfers to discuss.

KyleLafferty
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Looks like a good wee player aye 👍 - noticed him when I was talking about Halilovic at Birmingham but thought all the top end L1 clubs would be in for him since he did well on loan at Hull who were promoted. Also being 23 I didn't know if we'd need to pay a development fee. But aye, attacking mid, Irish, right age - would be surprised if his name isn't in JS' black book. 

Won’t have to pay a fee cause he left arsenal at young age. It’s an unrealistic one but he’s never settled anywhere. Plus he has sell on value. He’s a guy that will have options aswell.

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

😂 **** sake.  The amount of people who don’t seem to understand the fundamental purpose of a message board.. you ain’t the first Davey.. like some others I’m guessing you’d be better served sticking to other channels for your news 

A_A wehatethehibs
16 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

Yeah, it's just a bunch of guys kicking a ball about. What really is the point to it? Let's just call it a day and forget football 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Some did indicate that was the hold up for him. But then it may depend on when contracts run until, end of May or end of June. We know Naismith had the issue where he had to wait until August, but if Ginnelly had something similar he just had to wait until end of June. So I dunno.

It seems English contracts run until June,  and May up here. 
I think they have different rules on pre contracts down there which affect loyalty bonuses etc. 
It would be great if we were waiting on someone of the calibre, whelms if you wish, of Naismith. I hae ma doots. 

6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yeah, it's just a bunch of guys kicking a ball about. What really is the point to it? Let's just call it a day and forget football 

Sounds great. Where do I sign up?

Is anyone else starting to think this constant talk of two big signings at a future date is getting a bit QAnon?

Imagine the insurrection when our biggest move is the deadline day signing of Nigerian international Juwon Oshaniwa.

21 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

This "no leaks policy" talk is playground stuff. 

Do you think in previous years it was a leaks policy? Aye mate we'll offer you a deal, and we're going to tell every single punter about it. 

Folks family talk, they aren't ghosts so will also be seen coming in and out the stadium, even if initial stuff is done on zoom or through the agent the partners and friends still talk. 

But because Joe Savage says no one is to talk we may as well close the transfer thread? He's not the ****ing mafia :lol:

There's probably "no leaks" because there is ****all happening - or maybe the club are looking at filling another recruitment position? 

Pasquale for King
42 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That was always going to be the case so I doubt they worry too much about it. 

Yeah why would paid employees worry about it’s customers and owners, there’s no consequences for failure under this regime. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, 151 said:

Do you think in previous years it was a leaks policy? Aye mate we'll offer you a deal, and we're going to tell every single punter about it. 

Folks family talk, they aren't ghosts so will also be seen coming in and out the stadium, even if initial stuff is done on zoom or through the agent the partners and friends still talk. 

But because Joe Savage says no one is to talk we may as well close the transfer thread? He's not the ****ing mafia :lol:

There's probably "no leaks" because there is ****all happening - or maybe the club are looking at filling another recruitment position? 

We can only hope Savage has brought a more professional approach to all aspects of transfer dealings. 
As you say the no leaks policy is a myth really as it seems folk on here knew Cochrane was signing two weeks beforehand and also are aware of two guys we are waiting on, allegedly. 

8 minutes ago, 151 said:

A5890B02-9015-4A28-985A-6009D4A3FDF0.jpeg

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah why would paid employees worry about it’s customers and owners, there’s no consequences for failure under this regime. 

Hopefully they are more focussed on what they believe any signings bring to the team rather than what any group of supporters think. 

So Make Some Noise..
29 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

Rename the thread then. Let's all have a laugh and giggles because there are certainly no transfers to discuss.

If the mods did close this, where would we discuss the transfers that are confirmed? 😜 It's not called "Summer 2021 speculation and leaks" so I really dont understand your stance here.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Hopefully they are more focussed on what they believe any signings bring to the team rather than what any group of supporters think. 

I think part of their focus on bringing the best players to the club is the worry of past failures such as Damour/Popescu/Roberts that are still taking a wage that could be better spent. I’m sure all “groups” of supporters agree with this. They should be worried what the punters think as there’s nothing without them. As Savage mentioned us many times in the “interview”, when he actually got the chance to talk, he is more aware of it than perhaps the manager is. 

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We can only hope Savage has brought a more professional approach to all aspects of transfer dealings. 
As you say the no leaks policy is a myth really as it seems folk on here knew Cochrane was signing two weeks beforehand and also are aware of two guys we are waiting on, allegedly. 

Correct, He said that no names would be leaked, that was known on here about a month ago. Other stuff is still leaked like a player being shown around the stadium, close to an announcement etc. I posted about the 2 close about 3 weeks ago that used to mean especially in January that it’s announcement incoming. This window is different for what ever reason but both Neilson and savage throughout keep mentioning the 2 

davemclaren
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I think part of their focus on bringing the best players to the club is the worry of past failures such as Damour/Popescu/Roberts that are still taking a wage that could be better spent. I’m sure all “groups” of supporters agree with this. They should be worried what the punters think as there’s nothing without them. As Savage mentioned us many times in the “interview”, when he actually got the chance to talk, he is more aware of it than perhaps the manager is. 

I still hope, and think, they will primarily be signing players they think are right for the job rather than ones punters might think are right. 

19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Savage by name, savage by nature.

🐯

Pasquale for King
Just now, Jamboj1 said:

Correct, He said that no names would be leaked, that was known on here about a month ago. Other stuff is still leaked like a player being shown around the stadium, close to an announcement etc. I posted about the 2 close about 3 weeks ago that used to mean especially in January that it’s announcement incoming. This window is different for what ever reason but both Neilson and savage throughout keep mentioning the 2 

Hopefully they sign soon, must be frustrating for JS&RN if they are close and haven’t signed for whatever reason. As much as the window is open for another 6 weeks we have a difficult start to the season and could’ve done with them in and settled. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I still hope, and think, they will primarily be signing players they think are right for the job rather than ones punters might think are right. 

Indeed. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Haken said:

Savage by name, savage by nature.

🐯

Sounds like he made it clear to RN that results like Brora can’t happen again but it’s not his call I suppose. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Which set of punters' thoughts should they be worried about? I'd certainly hope they wouldn't give a flying Falkirk to some of the 'thoughts' on here other than the ones that think it best to sign the best players the club can afford to sign, which is exactly what, I'm sure, both RN and JS are intent on doing.

8 minutes ago, 151 said:

:what:

Sorry mate. Funny mood. 😁.

Touched on your mafia point and posted Big Paulie from Goodfellas.  Doesn’t like too many chocolate sprinkles on his coffee…..and doesn’t like snitches giving out information.😁

Must be this hot weather. 🤪

Jambof3tornado

Was it Robbie previously said about players lowering expectations and demands the further you get into the window, meaning you could get more bang for your buck??

It makes sense but surely our targets are our targets? Would we identify targets outwith our budget in the hope they become more willing to accept less when nobody comes in for them??

24 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Two out of those three you mention were signed under the current set up unfortunately.

lost in space
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

What is guaranteed is that the club will be roundly criticised regardless. The squad last season was too bloated and prevented the youth academy prospects getting game time. Now the squad is too thin and we’re going straight back down. Hopefully we find the right balance this season …

Sorry Mr P but it was not the bloated squad that prevented academy prospects getting game time.

That was ALL down to Robbie Neilson.

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Which set of punters' thoughts should they be worried about? I'd certainly hope they wouldn't give a flying Falkirk to some of the 'thoughts' on here other than the ones that think it best to sign the best players the club can afford to sign, which is exactly what, I'm sure, both RN and JS are intent on doing.

All of us, we are the lifeblood off the club and own it. Do you not think that appeasing the customer base is what drives the plan to bring in the best players possible?

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Two out of those three you mention were signed under the current set up unfortunately.

Not Savage, they’re on Neilson. 

Hackney Hearts
57 minutes ago, 151 said:

Have you seen the guy?

And you do know that's just a nickname?

AllyjamboDerbyshire

All of us, we are the lifeblood off the club and own it. Do you not think that appeasing the customer base is what drives the plan to bring in the best players possible?

First I have to say that in my near 60 years of supporting Hearts I have never felt the need to be 'appeased' by the club, despite the never ending disappointments and distress being a Hearts supporter brings, and I'm certainly not going to look to be 'appeased' if I am disappointed by any signings. You have, though, not responded to the point I made which was that RN and JS will be just as keen as we are to sign the best players Hearts can afford. Can you think of any reason why that might not be the case? Or do you think they should be trying to buy players the club cannot afford or using some other criteria?

lost in space
1 minute ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

First I have to say that in my near 60 years of supporting Hearts I have never felt the need to be 'appeased' by the club, despite the never ending disappointments and distress being a Hearts supporter brings, and I'm certainly not going to look to be 'appeased' if I am disappointed by any signings. You have, though, not responded to the point I made which was that RN and JS will be just as keen as we are to sign the best players Hearts can afford. Can you think of any reason why that might not be the case? Or do you think they should be trying to buy players the club cannot afford or using some other criteria?

Of course RN and JS will be very keen to sign the best players. What we don't know yet is whether they are any good at it.

Recruits in the last window + Ross Stewart are not good signs.

They have choices to make and will be judged accordingly.

6 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Of course RN and JS will be very keen to sign the best players. What we don't know yet is whether they are any good at it.

GMS , Ginelly , Gnando not good signs 

Get away tae

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, lost in space said:

That, of course, is correct, but that's not what was being said in the conversation I was having. My point was not about their ability to find and sign the best players, but that Hearts have no need to 'appease' the supporters by signing players they think the supporters will accept as good enough. Even if there was a requirement to appease the support, the players they sign would be no better than the ones they do sign - unless they are deliberately trying not to sign the best players they can because they want to stick it right up all the supporters who criticise them.

5 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I agree .. given that the choices RN will make depends solely on the ability of JS and his staff to "spot a player" and present the best options available 

For as much as I believe its good to take our time to get the right fit in, it is now taking way too long. A week on Saturday we play Celtic using a team near on identical (if not worse) than last season. The time it takes for us to sign players seems to be well longer than other clubs (laffery for example) and I am now getting frustrated at the lack of done deals. I really liked Joes interview but to be honest...talk is cheap....time fore action....and fast

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Ultimately, they'll all be judged exactly on what the supporters think. 

Ask Cathro & Levein. 

Edited by iainmac

lost in space
2 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

GMS , Ginelly , Gnando not good signs 

Get away tae

I was thinking more - kastaneer/ popescu/frear/roberts - but thinking back, they were maybe last summer.

Anyway - jury still out (for me) on 3 you have mentioned due to fitness doubts on Gino + bravery doubts on other 2.

5 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Ultimately, they'll all be judged exactly on what the supporters think. 

Ask Cathro & Levein. 

It's more about how they perform and the reuslts they get that influences what the supporters think of the individual signings.

Edited by wavydavy

Just now, wavydavy said:

It's more about thow they perform and the reuslts they get that influences what the supporters think of the individual signings.

The former shapes the latter. 

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, daveyhmfc said:

I don't think Kickback's the website for you 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***