• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

37 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Im sure Austin McPhee had a connection with a team. Not sure it was an MLS side though. 

Was it not Vancouver when Paul Ritchie was there years ago ? 

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Reads to me like an educated guess, based on the owners links and the fact they are shopping there tbqh

Amateur hour from that rag as usual... "The clubs also have a tie up a deal to bring Charleston Battery to the Scottish Premiership." Charleston Battery is a club they have the partnership with. Typical Glaswegian illiteracy 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Does Joe Savage just sit at his desk all day wondering why he looks so much like a potato? 

Probably no more than you do. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

BACKTRACK !!  BACKTRACK !!!

😂 100% . He’s dogshit, plays in a dogshit league . 

16 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

Is that the highlights of his career to date? Obviously could be good but not getting excited by these particular clips if that’s the best stuff he’s done.

Couple of good goals but highlight reels are obviously the very best a player as produced,  so looked decent but not amazing.    It's Hibs anyway,   we need to focus on ourselves and if we can get 2 to 3 quality players that improve our 1st 11,  then we should be competing for 3rd in my view.

Bazzas right boot

He'll be replacing Boyle, if he's better for hibs than Boyle then they hibs will have done well, if not they'll have some cash banked but be worse off on the park. 

Not getting him till January at least but shows wee Ron is actually moving them forward. Not seeing much of that at Tynie.

Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

Don’t know if already posted but Chris Hamilton set for season loan to Arbroath 

Thanks, some actual information. They seem to have a decent set up at Arbroath. Sure he'll learn a fair bit.

Batistuta87
12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Guess which "slice" my whelm o metre is at now. 

91wZ5oqrR4L.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg

Mad / Hate. Always. 

😁

Robbo-Jambo
15 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Heard he's shite 

If he's not he will soon turn into it at Easter Road. 😎

Batistuta87
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He'll be replacing Boyle, if he's better for hibs than Boyle then they hibs will have done well, if not they'll have some cash banked but be worse off on the park. 

I think he is better than Boyle, and is much younger so I'd say has the potential to be much, much better, and to make them some money. 

That is IF that's where he's going. DR seem to be guessing, as someone says above. 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Don’t know if already posted but Chris Hamilton set for season loan to Arbroath 

That's a decent move for him, "right-back" mentioned as the position he's hoping to play. I thought he was looking to convert to CM 

Robbo-Jambo
12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Maybe it's a swap deal.

If so, will Boyle need to quarantine that wee animal that lives on his napper 🤔.

Batistuta87
Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

Maybe it's a swap deal.

If so, will Boyle need to quarantine that wee animal that lives on his napper 🤔.

😂😂😂

30 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Really worried now that he's signing for Hibs. Genuinely cracking player. 

If he's signing for the hobos he's shite, you know the rules

23 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Our Gordon Forrest was manager at Vancouver so you think he’d know a few folk

23 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Don't think so. 

McPhee arranged for teams to come over for a tournament. Youth teams. 

Genuine question as I honestly don't know. Have Hearts ever left it this late during preseason to get new players in given that the season starts in 9 days.

Feels very very amateur to me.

6 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

We better get our act together. 

Agreed, definitely a statement of intent from the unwashed. These two signings better hurry up.

Just now, Valois No1 said:

Genuine question as I honestly don't know. Have Hearts ever left it this late during preseason to get new players in given that the season starts in 9 days.

More time goes on the more I feel like this. I was pretty confident at first but now it'll be much harder for new signings to gel with the team, get into friendlies to warm up, adjust to tactics etc. I feel as if they should have wrapped this up a while ago. 

People might not agree with me which is fine but leaving it this late for KEY positions is bothering me.

KyleLafferty
2 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

Naismith signed 1st of August. I’d imagine our signings are in similar situations as he was.

3 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Agreed, definitely a statement of intent from the unwashed. These two signings better hurry up.

Can't wait for them either, they're gonna be sensational!!!

Pasquale for King
Just now, KyleLafferty said:

Naismith signed 1st of August. I’d imagine our signings are in similar situations as he was.

Waiting on £150-200k? It’s doubtful anyone we want to sign would earn more from their 13th month payment from the PFA than they would receive from us in wages for July. 

KyleLafferty
2 minutes ago, Sertse said:

More time goes on the more I feel like this. I was pretty confident at first but now it'll be much harder for new signings to gel with the team, get into friendlies to warm up, adjust to tactics etc. I feel as if they should have wrapped this up a while ago. 

People might not agree with me which is fine but leaving it this late for KEY positions is bothering me.

This nonsense with gelling with players does my head in man. They are footballers, the game is played the same. It will take 2-3 days max and they’ll know what to do and how the manager wants to play.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Spot on, every other team has added more to their squad than a young left back on loan. 

2 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

That's only if we're signing players from England. The better market and value for money is outside of the UK. 

KyleLafferty
Just now, Cruyff said:

That's only if we're signing players from England. The better market and value for money is outside of the UK. 

I think that’s where we are aiming our focus. With the new scout from Southampton, Savage contacts and Neilson being down there, I think the players will come from the football league. If a player is waiting on money they’ll wait on it 😂

Austin MacGlee
3 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I worry about this too. Not at pant wetting stage yet but logic would suggest the longer new players have with us in pre-season and LC games etc, the easier it is to jump into league games. 
I am putting my faith in Savage. Just glad Murray is away, would be more worried if he was still a key man in our dealings after the past few years in particular.

Hopefully things move at pace soon and we get some much needed new blood in key areas.

8 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

Or maybe the new normal considering the amount of crap we have signed over the last 8 years ? 

I would rather wait it out and get the correct player than singing players left right and center who are absolutely mince.  

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

I think that’s where we are aiming our focus. With the new scout from Southampton, Savage contacts and Neilson being down there, I think the players will come from the football league. If a player is waiting on money they’ll wait on it 😂

Signing cast offs from the football league  does not give me much hope tbh. 

Hectormasson
8 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Be better if we knew this was going on , than being left till last to find out.....

gorgieheart

Jeeo, we are all dooooomed !

A wee cheer up for today, Germany V Brazil in the Olympics is about to start...both teams walked out to a familiar choooon !

7 Nation Army by The White Stripes

:greggy:

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Signing cast offs from the football league  does not give me much hope tbh. 

I would hope we're casting our net further than just that.

10 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

This nonsense with gelling with players does my head in man. They are footballers, the game is played the same. It will take 2-3 days max and they’ll know what to do and how the manager wants to play.

So you've never changed the company you work at to do the same job? There's always a settling in period. Getting proficient in things takes time.

May one-six
11 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

That's true. It took Scott McGill about half a day to settle into the Airdrie side and score a cracker 😀

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, Voice of reason said:

Is that the highlights of his career to date? Obviously could be good but not getting excited by these particular clips if that’s the best stuff he’s done.

No that’s just what he’s done this year. There’s other videos for previous seasons. He does look decent, unfortunately if he’s going to them.

Hackney Hearts
51 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Couple of good goals but highlight reels are obviously the very best a player has produced

Scott McGill scored a better goal last night. And we could get him in January too.

SuperstarSteve

As a regular MLS follower. Signing of the window if he’s hibs bound. Without a doubt better than any single player at our club currently. 

Pretty sure his current club are due to play the team I follow tomorrow night. If he’s in the line up I’ll be hoping he gets taken out the game and it ruins any hope of a transfer to the echodome. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***