***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

https://t.co/70oipEkPRF

Caught up with John Souttar post match on Tuesday. Great to see him back on the pitch, just hope he stays fit now. Says he’s feeling great just now though. Still not convinced on Halkett personally, so would like a new CB to play alongside Soapy. 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

gordiegords
38 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

We better get our act together. 

Tend to agree, a week before we play Celtic and we look not much different to last season. 

2 minutes ago, gordiegords said:

Tend to agree, a week before we play Celtic and we look not much different to last season. 

Agreed. We’ve done half the job that was needed by getting rid off deadwood but now need 3 or 4 signings of good enough quality to go straight in to the first 11. 

A_A wehatethehibs

One maybe already mentioned. Lewis MacLeod. Rangers sold him to Brentford for a million a few years back. Played with Lee McCulloch for 2 or 3 seasons.

Sounds like an absolutely dreadful few years down south tbh, just on the lookout for realistic-seeming ones and would tick the box of waiting for a July 31st payout from his last club. 

Certainly would be at the low to bottom end of the whelm spectrum.

1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Does Joe Savage just sit at his desk all day wondering why he looks so much like a potato? 

😂

Gordon Ramsay

9 days until our first game of the season and we've made one loan signing. Not counting Ginnelly as it was pretty obvious he was staying at Hearts about 6 months ago. 

I understand the need to take things a bit more cautious considering the amount of money we have wasted on duds over the last few years but I would have thought we'd be a bit more organised than this. 

Even if we do bring someone in before the Celtic game there isnt much chance to get this person up to speed or get to know new teammates/system. 

It's not just one we need either, we need about 4 players. Poor stuff. 

mellors1874

Why are we waiting 

No signings is frustrating 

Oh why are waiting

For some one to sign

Tells you how bored at work I am today 😜

Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

9 days until our first game of the season and we've made one loan signing. Not counting Ginnelly as it was pretty obvious he was staying at Hearts about 6 months ago. 

I understand the need to take things a bit more cautious considering the amount of money we have wasted on duds over the last few years but I would have thought we'd be a bit more organised than this. 

Even if we do bring someone in before the Celtic game there isnt much chance to get this person up to speed or get to know new teammates/system. 

Agree I was all for being patient but it looks like another week of nothing. We are in major danger of falling behind the teams we should be competing with 

2 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

This is where I am. Glad it's not just me feeling this way!

Gimme an H...
4 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

This is where I am. Looking like we’re putting all our eggs in two baskets. Can see them falling thru and having to panic buy, again.

Nookie Bear

I find it easier if you lower your expectations.

Think like a bottom 6 club and you'll be a ot more comfortable.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Ann, is that you?

Really hope the signings to come, if we ever make one again, are worth waiting for.

Rightly or wrongly the long wait does put pressure on Hearts.

We've had years of disappointment and mediocrity, well, most of us have, and patience has long since ran out for many. Neilson and Savage must deliver.

I need a boost. There are signs with Gordon, GMS...that we're targeting proven quality these days rather than Levein's lame duck policy and it would be a relief to have this confirmed with another 2/3 of similar standard.

It's ridiculous that this simple policy has had to be demanded by fans and rediscovered by the club but such has been the farce that was Budge/Levein's Hearts.

2 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

I can’t understand this line of thinking (generically - not aimed directly at you). 

There is clearly no one available at the moment whom we deem to be: 1. Of the calibre we want and, 2. At a price we can afford. Rather than rush, we’re being patient and waiting for the right player at the right price. 

We’ve gone down the route of signing folk for the sake of signing folk and ended up with an ancient, overpaid bloated squad. Whealen, Damour etc etc etc 

It’s almost like the club can’t win.

1 hour ago, 5jambo1 said:

Chris Mueller. Rumoured to have signed for hibs but not confirmed 

👍. I see he was linked with Oostend and another Belgian club previously.

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

😄

Clap along at the same time and you've got it cracked.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hibs Would make sense, Likley mean Boyle is off. 

He'd be his replacement. 

Is he in the USA Olympic Divng team if he is Boyle's replacement?

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, jambo mark said:

I can’t understand this line of thinking (generically - not aimed directly at you). 

There is clearly no one available at the moment whom we deem to be: 1. Of the calibre we want and, 2. At a price we can afford. Rather than rush, we’re being patient and waiting for the right player at the right price. 

We’ve gone down the route of signing folk for the sake of signing folk and ended up with an ancient, overpaid bloated squad. Whealen, Damour etc etc etc 

There are literally thousands of players going around without a club and they can’t find anyone suitable? Are you aware how ridiculous that assumption is?

Everyone else seems to managing just fine. 

8 minutes ago, jambo mark said:

There's being patient then there's leaving it until after the season starts. These two players have supposedly been in talks with us an age, Savage said himself that they've been discussing things for a while. What if they both decided they're not coming to us?

I dread to think we're putting all our eggs in one basket (or two baskets) then we end up with shite panic buys and we're left to go 'oh well, better luck next season' like usual. ABC - Always Be Closing. If they're taking this long there's a good chance they're holding for a better offer and not from us. 

Edited by Sertse
Autocorrect

4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Is he in the USA Olympic Divng team if he is Boyle's replacement?

Maybe aiming for Paris 2024. With Boyle and Newell he'll have two of the best coaches around.

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

There are literally thousands of players going around without a club and they can’t find anyone suitable? Are you aware how ridiculous that assumption is?

Have to agree here

go onto transfermarkt and the list of free agents is staggering. Some top quality players too. wages would be a stumbler but a free agent, 28,29 years on the way out would likely take a cut. Or Anne just coughs up extra for the wages

SuperstarSteve

If going by what savage said in his interview. There is no way we will be waiting on any player/club with risk of the deal falling through and leaving ourself scrambling about. 

If we are waiting then it’s surely 99.9% done. 
He made is clear he’s no waiting about for player X Y and Z. 

I’ll keep my faith in what savage says rather than Neilson who is prone to talking rubbish for whatever reason. 

5 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Have to agree here

go onto transfermarkt and the list of free agents is staggering. Some top quality players too. wages would be a stumbler but a free agent, 28,29 years on the way out would likely take a cut. Or Anne just coughs up extra for the wages

We can afford better players now, apparently we only have a squad size of 22 and we don't have Naismith any more. The wage budget has been freed massively. I'd hope they really went for big players and that's why they're fixated on these two.

Gordon Ramsay
14 minutes ago, jambo mark said:

I am all for that but with the Celtic game in 9 days I'd have thought we would have done more than one loan signing. 

alwaysthereinspirit
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Do you want them to sign anyone just for the sake of it? Do you want them paying over the odds just for the sake of signing someone? After the last few seasons we’ve all seen how that works. I’d rather they sign no new players if all it does is lead to more “wage thief” and “$#!te” game day threads.

Dont think I could handle another season of that on here.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Have to agree here

With the wages we freed up and the aim to just bring in 2 or 3 quality players you would imagine it’s a decent wage we’re offering?
I can’t see any valid reason offered so far as to why we haven’t signed anyone else 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I know savage hinted last week at 2 being close. I'm guessing they have likely said no to us.

I'm guessing they haven't

Edited by Pans Jambo

Hackney Hearts
13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

There are literally thousands of players going around without a club and they can’t find anyone suitable?

Of those thousands, how many satisfy both the criteria mentioned in the post you quoted? 1. the quality we want 2. affordable

That may whittle it down to a handful.      (I do worry that it could actually reduce it to zero...)

Dennis Reynolds

Two being close to signing has been on the cards for weeks. They obviously weren't that close. The last person we waited with baited breath on signing was Elliot Frear. That went on for weeks and was a massive fail. If players need to wait and asses their options then they're not keen on joining. Sounds exactly like a journeyman player holding out for a decent wedge with no real ambition. Not the type of players we should be after.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Do you want them to sign anyone just for the sake of it? Do you want them paying over the odds just for the sake of signing someone? After the last few seasons we’ve all seen how that works. I’d rather they sign no new players if all it does is lead to more “wage thief” and “$#!te” game day threads.

Dont think I could handle another season of that on here.

Blah blah blah, more excuses, they’ve had months to organise signings, look at January for example where GMS was signed right away.

Everyone else is signing players.
Savage said we wouldn’t wait on players and would move onto the next one, but apparently we have had two on hold for some reason for weeks. 
What I want them to do is their ****ing job and get players in that are ready to  go by the difficult start to the season, if we don’t we will be looking for a manager in September. 

27 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Looks like consolidating this season. 

That is not going to cut the mustard unfortunately. Top 4 or sack every *****. 

4 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I know savage hinted last week at 2 being close. I'm guessing they have likely said no to us.

Or still close but maybe under contract at other clubs ? trying to keep it in house so every man and their dug don't jump on it get excited and left pissed off if it doesn't work out . I don't know what the big issue is folk getting their knickers in a twist because we haven't signed anyone really and the window is still open ?  Maybe Hearts are taking it in a different direction with transfers now ? names were always out the bag with Levein and Murray we are maybe trying to do our business a bit more professional now ? 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Of those thousands, how many satisfy both the criteria mentioned in the post you quoted? 1. the quality we want 2. affordable

That may whittle it down to a handful.      (I do worry that it could actually reduce it to zero...)

A handful 🙈, hundreds I would say. Go and have a look at transfer market and see.
How many have been mentioned on this extremely long thread with 20k posts for example?

Every excuse in the book has been made to try and deflect criticism of the lack of activity. 

SuperstarSteve
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

That is not going to cut the mustard unfortunately. Top 4 or sack every *****. 

It’ll cut the mustard for budge and Neilson. Top 6 is the aim. Fans demanding more and expecting to compete for 3rd won’t bother the club.

Only way Neilson gets the sack in my opinion is if we look like we are struggling to make top 6. Other than that he’s on easy street. 

gorgieheart
3 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Or still close but maybe under contract at other clubs ? trying to keep it in house so every man and their dug don't jump on it get excited and left pissed off if it doesn't work out . I don't know what the big issue is folk getting their knickers in a twist because we haven't signed anyone really and the window is still open ?  Maybe Hearts are taking it in a different direction with transfers now ? names were always out the bag with Levein and Murray we are maybe trying to do our business a bit more professional now ? 

Come on.... that's way too sensible ...

Join the moan mob, its the way forward..! 

Gordon Ramsay
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Blah blah blah, more excuses, they’ve had months to organise signings, look at January for example where GMS was signed right away.

Savage said we wouldn’t wait on players and would move onto the next one, but apparently we have had two on hold for some reason for weeks. 
What I want them to do is their ****ing job and get players in that are ready to  go by the difficult start to the season, if we don’t we will be looking for a manager in September. 

Agree. I am trying to be patient but I want us to have the best possible chance of getting off to a good start next Saturday. 

For me, we need a better centre back in there next to Souttar, a better central midfield player and a decent striker (even if just to bring off the bench). We probably need another centre back too tbh. 

Even if that happens in the next 9 days its not ideal prep time. That's kind of the point I was trying to make in previous post. 

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

A handful 🙈, hundreds I would say. Go and have a look at transfer market and see.
How many have been mentioned on this extremely long thread with 20k posts for example?

Every excuse in the book has been made to try and deflect criticism of the lack of activity. 

Who have you identified as top targets from this list of ‘hundreds’ ? 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Have you thought it might be more work involved for the club than changing a filter on Transfermarkt?

Be annoyed at the time it's taking, I am, but don't reduce it to something so simple when there are lots of moving parts for any transfer

6 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

We've signed a single player on loan and the season starts in 9 days. It doesn't come across as professional to me.

alwaysthereinspirit
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I’m not making excuses. I’m being selfish. I dont want to read post after post on game threads from negative “I just don’t believe it” fans like you. Why wouldn’t you want them signing the right player for the right money, rather than the wrong player for crazy money?

If Hearts offer the right player 4000 a week and he insists on 5000 are Hearts in the wrong to say BOLT?

Right now with “fans” like you Hearts are on a hiding to nothing. They can’t win for losing.

7 minutes ago, LMc said:

Two being close to signing has been on the cards for weeks. They obviously weren't that close. The last person we waited with baited breath on signing was Elliot Frear. That went on for weeks and was a massive fail. If players need to wait and asses their options then they're not keen on joining. Sounds exactly like a journeyman player holding out for a decent wedge with no real ambition. Not the type of players we should be after.

I’m not saying you’re wrong but can’t quite work out the logic. I understand a journeyman type would maybe try and hold out for more cash but surely loads of other players, including ambitious ones and the types of player we want, will also hold out if they think they can get more cash out of us. 

BackOfTheNet

Was thinking any signings this week would be unlikely, starting to doubt we’ll have anyone in before Celtic now. And if we don’t sign anyone in the first few days of August I think people who had patience based on the Naismith last payout thing being expected to happen again might start getting frustrated.

Mr Elwood P

Agree. I am trying to be patient but I want us to have the best possible chance of getting off to a good start next Saturday. 

For me, we need a better centre back in there next to Souttar, a better central midfield player and a decent striker (even if just to bring off the bench). We probably need another centre back too tbh. 

Even if that happens in the next 9 days its not ideal prep time. That's kind of the point I was trying to make in previous post. 

Playing the 3-4-3 a striker really isn’t a priority now. Boyce plays, Nando for backup and Henderson pushing for game time. A centre back and a real player of quality in centre mid would be nice …

5 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

It’ll cut the mustard for budge and Neilson. Top 6 is the aim. Fans demanding more and expecting to compete for 3rd won’t bother the club.

Only way Neilson gets the sack in my opinion is if we look like we are struggling to make top 6. Other than that he’s on easy street. 

There'll be protests and even less fans will renew next season if we don't compete this year. Eventually the only thing we'll be consolidating is safety in the SPL, that'll be our level if more of the same abject failure we've seen for 5 or so seasons continues this year. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Have you thought it might be more work involved for the club than changing a filter on Transfermarkt?

Be annoyed at the time it's taking, I am, but don't reduce it to something so simple when there are lots of moving parts for any transfer

Yeah I know exactly what’s involved thanks, it was merely to point out how many players are actually available. 
Maybe point out the poorly thought out excuses to the other folk that use them to deflect from why we haven’t signed anyone. 
They’ve had months to get players in. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***