***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Batistuta87
6 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Nuggets everywhere :lol:

Ignore them. Post away 😂

I and many others would definitely appreciate it. 

Edited by Batistuta87

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Tom Hardy’s Dug
38 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Neilson stated that we would be doing our business early this season, so I assume the players we targetted have not materialised, for whatever reason.

We now appear to be in real danger of starting this season with a lesser squad (in numbers anyway) than we had in the Championship.

Doesn't augur well.

We needed a lesser squad drastically and we have not lost any of our best players. 

Gino will improve us a load and the Kingsley /Cochrane left side has started with promise.

We will get new players but nothing I have seen so far falls into the doesn’t augur well character.

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

We're Likley in the same place as most and how we've been in the past. However, the lc starting early makes some people piss the bed at the thought of no signings by early July. 

So that's what's causing it.

Batistuta87
57 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Neilson stated that we would be doing our business early this season, so I assume the players we targetted have not materialised, for whatever reason.

We now appear to be in real danger of starting this season with a lesser squad (in numbers anyway) than we had in the Championship.

Doesn't augur well.

I think he said there are certain areas he wanted to get done early - which in hindsight might have been getting Stewart and Gino signed and getting in some cover at LB - and others that they would take their time with. Not massively exciting stuff so far, but necessary all the same.

From what JS was saying it sounds like we have a number of different targets and that we may have been too far apart with some player / agent demands so the plug has been pulled early on those ones and that there are plenty other fish in the sea. Maybe a week or two down the line we revisit those guys and it'll maybe be like "still not got a club? You sure you don't want to lower your demands?" kinda situation. 

Edited by Batistuta87

4 hours ago, May one-six said:

I agree. If Henderson gets his self confidence in the right place he could be terrific for us.

Hi Euan 👋🏻

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

I think he said there are certain areas he wanted to get done early - which in hindsight might have been getting Stewart and Gino signed and getting in some cover at LB - and others that they would take their time with. Not massively exciting stuff so far, but necessary all the same.

From what JS was saying it sounds like we have a number of different targets and that we may have been too far apart with some player / agent demands so the plug has been pulled early on those ones and that there are plenty other fish in the sea. Maybe a week or two down the line we revisit those guys and it'll maybe be like "still not got a club? You sure you don't want to lower your demands?" kinda situation. 

Fair enough but " still not got a club” hardly screams "Quality” to me.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Depends on the quality of their options. 

SuperstarSteve
6 hours ago, luckydug said:

I think you will be proved wrong about Henderson. 

I am expecting this to be a big season for him. 

Could be and I hope so. He’s a few years younger. I do like the look of him but wighton is  a better all round player.

inconsistent performances and lack of belief in himself Is what let’s him down. Very talented lad, still only 23. He should become a regular for a mid table premiership side, in Scotland obviously. Granted some will think he is terrible which is fair enough. 

9 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Had an interesting chat with a journalist pal last night. He works for a regional publication down south, but he’s an Edinburgh man born and bred and a Hearts supporter. He has lots of contacts up here.  Information coming out of Tynecastle these days about targets and possible signings has all but dried  up since Savage arrived on the scene.  The only snippet that he had come across was that we have agreements in place with a couple of players, however pen won’t be out to paper until they have concluded financial agreements with their previous clubs. That would seem to be in line with some of the statements coming out of the club about “working to get things over the line”. Anyway it’s the only whisper I’ve heard about anything this window. Maybe some of the ITK crowd can confirm if this is the state of play just now or not.

KyleLafferty
2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Had an interesting chat with a journalist pal last night. He works for a regional publication down south, but he’s an Edinburgh man born and bred and a Hearts supporter. He has lots of contacts up here.  Information coming out of Tynecastle these days about targets and possible signings has all but dried  up since Savage arrived on the scene.  The only snippet that he had come across was that we have agreements in place with a couple of players, however pen won’t be out to paper until they have concluded financial agreements with their previous clubs. That would seem to be in line with some of the statements coming out of the club about “working to get things over the line”. Anyway it’s the only whisper I’ve heard about anything this window. Maybe some of the ITK crowd can confirm if this is the state of play just now or not.

That was the same with Naismith, we had to wait till end of July to sign him chase he was due ridiculous money. If we are signing players of that Calibre im Happy to wait. We have enough in our team To beat Celtic. 

19 minutes ago, Deevers said:

That's pretty much what Savage said in his interview. Good for the club we've got a grip on leaks, bad for us because JKB transfer threads survive on rumours. 

I just hope we see something soon. My big worry is if one or two of the big targets don't sign and our plan B, C, D etc have already found a club.

Horatio Caine
48 minutes ago, Deevers said:

FFS.  Need to get Savage down to Greggs for his lunch.  Obviously hasn't yet grasped how we do things here.

lost in space
55 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Deevers - YOU are the ITK crowd!

May one-six
9 hours ago, goldie83 said:

Hi Euan 👋🏻

Sadly, he's got about 40 years on me 😄 and I doubt he knows the significance of my name.

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Deevers said:

That is very interesting - cheers for sharing. On one hand I'm quite glad that there are no leaks and no stories for the reason Joe explains in his interview, but on the other hand it makes for a very anxiety inducing window because there's the worry that absolutely nothing is happening when we're not getting any news! 

Edited by Batistuta87

Mr Elwood P
10 hours ago, iainmac said:

Perhaps during the last days of the transfer window, that would be a valid point. It is however the 20th of July …

BackOfTheNet

Your journalist friend didn’t perchance divulge the level of expected whelms that might be garnered from such dealings?

RustyRightPeg
12 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

There's very little. The guys who have been getting info, myself included, have not really been getting much in the way of names or any other details - which is great from the clubs perspective. And Savage explains just exactly how important that is on that podcast he was on.

I've not been publicly posting any of the little things I've been getting out of respect for the process and also the guys sending me bits and pieces. Also lessens the replies from the numerous nuggets on here :lol:

No I understand. I was getting wee bits and bobs too but like you been keeping it hush. I was quite open on here about what I got at the start of the window but this topic has descended into anarchy that it’s borderline pointless!! 

jamboinglasgow

Interesting, as you seems to align with what people have heard and would explain why there has been talk of two players for a while.

49 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Deevers - YOU are the ITK crowd!

No - no way. Only pass on snippets I hear. Real ITK people have contacts inside the club.

11 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Your journalist friend didn’t perchance divulge the level of expected whelms that might be garnered from such dealings?

Unfortunately not - what he’s heard is from elsewhere.  Like you I hope for Richter scale whelms when we have an announcement 

Edited by Deevers
Typo

13 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Perhaps during the last days of the transfer window, that would be a valid point. It is however the 20th of July …

I think this is right. At the moment the players can hold out for more cash, with plenty time until the window shuts. The better players will have choices so may not be in any hurry, on the other hand players who are concerned they might not find a club are more likely to take whatever is offered. This may not be correct and is just a point of view but it seems logical to me.

KyleLafferty

I’m just gonna say a player I’d like who fits who we are after, Dan Crowley. He’s 23, attacking midfielder. Not really found a club to settle at. Just released from Birmingham.

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, Deevers said:

Unfortunately not - what he’s heard is from elsewhere.  Like you I hope for Richter scale whelms when we have an announcement 

Ah well. A lot of people pointing to the Naismith scenario where we couldn’t sign him until August 1st due to the final payment. These financial arrangements seem to be more common place in contracts these days, however Naismith was expecting a six figure sum, so I think a few might need to curb their enthusiwhelms if they are to believe that we are waiting on a couple of the same calibre. If we are waiting on any at all that is, but that idea certainly seems to be garnering more traction. We’ll have to wait until August 1st (or July 30th if their final payment arrives on the Friday as can’t on the Sunday, or alternatively August 2nd) to find out I guess.

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Ah well. A lot of people pointing to the Naismith scenario where we couldn’t sign him until August 1st due to the final payment. These financial arrangements seem to be more common place in contracts these days, however Naismith was expecting a six figure sum, so I think a few might need to curb their enthusiwhelms if they are to believe that we are waiting on a couple of the same calibre. If we are waiting on any at all that is, but that idea certainly seems to be garnering more traction. We’ll have to wait until August 1st (or July 30th if their final payment arrives on the Friday as can’t on the Sunday, or alternatively August 2nd) to find out I guess.

Seems to be a pretty regular scenario down south where an “end of contract payoff” is involved.  All revolves round the money that seems to slosh around down there and agents and what agents tell their players to do. Seems that no one now does anything until their agent tells them to.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Seems to be a pretty regular scenario down south where an “end of contract payoff” is involved.  All revolves round the money that seems to slosh around down there and agents and what agents tell their players to do. Seems that no one now does anything until their agent tells them to.

Not Phil Hay by any chance?

Batistuta87
8 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I’m just gonna say a player I’d like who fits who we are after, Dan Crowley. He’s 23, attacking midfielder. Not really found a club to settle at. Just released from Birmingham.

Looks like a good wee player aye 👍 - noticed him when I was talking about Halilovic at Birmingham but thought all the top end L1 clubs would be in for him since he did well on loan at Hull who were promoted. Also being 23 I didn't know if we'd need to pay a development fee. But aye, attacking mid, Irish, right age - would be surprised if his name isn't in JS' black book. 

35 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I may be wrong but didn’t Gino have a similar arrangement with Preston and then signed in the last week of the month ?

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Aye but the poster I replied to painted a scenario where players still didn't have a club "a week or two down the line", which could well take us into August. The Premiership starts on 31st July. 

BackOfTheNet
11 minutes ago, dumpson said:

I may be wrong but didn’t Gino have a similar arrangement with Preston and then signed in the last week of the month ?

Some did indicate that was the hold up for him. But then it may depend on when contracts run until, end of May or end of June. We know Naismith had the issue where he had to wait until August, but if Ginnelly had something similar he just had to wait until end of June. So I dunno.

Biffa Bacon
11 hours ago, iainmac said:

It is likely that the transfer market will be totally fluid. Say one agent is trying to get £5k a week, and he has some interest. He is not going to jump at £3k a week when there is still an opportunity of £5k. But the club(s) that might offer the higher amount, may have preferred options and will only strike a deal if the preferred candidates knock them back. Suddenly £3k, seems not a bad deal, but not until better options have been exhausted.

39 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

It could be there's no leaks cause we ain't close to signing anyone..

Or there's just no leaks because JS doing what he is supposed to

Biffa Bacon

There could also be a domino effect, in that a club does not want to lose a player. But if a big offer comes him they will have a replacement sounded out, this in turn could come to fruition or not. There could be dozens of reasons for accepting or rejecting a deal, salary, the chance of regular football, like/don't like the manager, wife prefers certain location, kids settled in school etc.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, bazman said:

Or there's just no leaks because JS doing what he is supposed to

Exactly. And if the only reason for no leaks was because we're not close to signing anyone and not because JS has created a tighter ship, then there would surely have been a leak by now that we were not close to signing anyone.

The Old Tolbooth
57 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

It could be there's no leaks cause we ain't close to signing anyone..

That's the spirit, just when we were getting our hopes up, along you come to pish on our chips :lol: 

Saint Jambo
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Some did indicate that was the hold up for him. But then it may depend on when contracts run until, end of May or end of June. We know Naismith had the issue where he had to wait until August, but if Ginnelly had something similar he just had to wait until end of June. So I dunno.

The payment that Naismith received at the end of July is something which is as I understand it a standard agreement in England. That is all contracts end at the end of June, but if a player remains out of contract at the end of July they receive an extra month's salary from the club they are leaving This has presumably been agreed to ensure the transfer market in England operates smoothly over the summer with players becoming free agents early enough to allow clubs to sign free agents, but doesn't leave players without a salary. But if a player is moving from one club to another either on a similar or increased salary, there is no reason to delay the transfer as they will receive wages from their new club for July instead of from their old club. The only time it is likely to delay a player wanting to sign is if they are taking a serious pay cut. Then, as with Naismith, they might want to get one final month's salary at their existing salary level. So if that is the delay, it suggests we are looking to sign two players who are currently on significantly larger salaries at their current clubs than they will be at Hearts.

The Ginnelly payment must have been different. It may have been a loyalty payment that was in his contract for seeing out his contract.

Nothing to stop us signing a player on loan at the moment though, surely? The lad from Hull?

Hopefully the two targets identified will sign permanently on a 'Naismith' at the end of the month.

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, iainmac said:

Aye but the poster I replied to painted a scenario where players still didn't have a club "a week or two down the line", which could well take us into August. The Premiership starts on 31st July. 

If we’re signing players from

the English market we might have to wait until August to get the required quality in. Showing a little bit of patience will be worth it in the long term.

6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If we’re signing players from

the English market we might have to wait until August to get the required quality in. Showing a little bit of patience will be worth it in the long term.

You've genuinely no idea if your last sentence will be accurate or not but I admire your optimism! 😜

David Black

One things for sure, both JS and RN have set themselves up for one hell of a fall if/when we sign players the support do not think they are in fact the quality signings we need. Only time will tell. 

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, David Black said:

One things for sure, both JS and RN have set themselves up for one hell of a fall if/when we sign players the support do not think they are in fact the quality signings we need. Only time will tell. 

That was always going to be the case so I doubt they worry too much about it. 

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, iainmac said:

You've genuinely no idea if your last sentence will be accurate or not but I admire your optimism! 😜

What is guaranteed is that the club will be roundly criticised regardless. The squad last season was too bloated and prevented the youth academy prospects getting game time. Now the squad is too thin and we’re going straight back down. Hopefully we find the right balance this season …

A_A wehatethehibs
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That was always going to be the case so I doubt they worry too much about it. 

Yep. If you sign a dud you're on the hook. Noone cares what month he signed. 

BackOfTheNet
20 minutes ago, David Black said:

AKA: Level of whelms

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***