***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Sorry mate. Funny mood. 😁.

Touched on your mafia point and posted Big Paulie from Goodfellas.  Doesn’t like too many chocolate sprinkles on his coffee…..and doesn’t like snitches giving out information.😁

Must be this hot weather. 🤪

Fair enough mate :lol:

I've never seen it that's obviously where I got lost.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

davemclaren
15 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Ultimately, they'll all be judged exactly on what the supporters think. 

Ask Cathro & Levein. 

They’ll likely be judged on how the team performs but I still make the point they will sign the players they think will improve the team/squad rather than players supporters think will Improve it. It’s a bonus if the two can align. 

2 hours ago, daveyhmfc said:

Rename the thread then. Let's all have a laugh and giggles because there are certainly no transfers to discuss.

The transfer window is open,  so we need a place to share our thoughts, opinions, frustrations, hopes, gossip etc etc.   If you just want it to be transfer announcements,  just follow the news?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm hoping that it is a situation similar to Naismith contract payment, but fearful that the players interested find something else offered while we wait. 

However getting late in July now, hypothetical, would we pay the balance of the final week of a final payment knowing that League Cup was not priority for quality of players in question?

Perhaps Friday or even Monday and a full week to train. Maybe not ideal but not impossible to overcome for a talented individual. 

Disclaimer. Only pondering and bit hopeful type post

Hackney Hearts
37 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

A week on Saturday we play Celtic using a team near on identical (if not worse) than last season. 

That's not true though, is it? In terms of personnel on the club's books, then perhaps - but there's more to it than that.

Souttar and Ginnelly are back. Big plus right there. Haring is back to full fitness and GMS has been hitting the form we know he's capable of. Cochrane is a new addition. McEneff (11 starts last season) and Gnanduillet (8) are just in the door.

But I agree, a couple of new faces sooner rather than later would be great. Ideally before we play Celtic.

Pasquale for King
59 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

First I have to say that in my near 60 years of supporting Hearts I have never felt the need to be 'appeased' by the club, despite the never ending disappointments and distress being a Hearts supporter brings, and I'm certainly not going to look to be 'appeased' if I am disappointed by any signings. You have, though, not responded to the point I made which was that RN and JS will be just as keen as we are to sign the best players Hearts can afford. Can you think of any reason why that might not be the case? Or do you think they should be trying to buy players the club cannot afford or using some other criteria?

Sorry if I have higher demands from watching mostly crap for the last fifty years. As part of the ownership of the club I feel all FoH members should demand better than the dross we’ve been served up these last few years. 

Did I say anything about them not signing the best players we can afford, could you point that bit out? I was responding to someone who should know better that the people that run the club are answerable to us as a fan base, Savage has spoken about the fans expectations etc when he got the chance to talk anyway, in the podcast last week. 

Whether they believe it’s the best players we can afford and they are then a success on the pitch will determine how JS and RN are viewed as time goes on, the latter needs a good start to the season as his coat is on the shoogliest of pegs.  

Pasquale for King
52 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

That, of course, is correct, but that's not what was being said in the conversation I was having. My point was not about their ability to find and sign the best players, but that Hearts have no need to 'appease' the supporters by signing players they think the supporters will accept as good enough. Even if there was a requirement to appease the support, the players they sign would be no better than the ones they do sign - unless they are deliberately trying not to sign the best players they can because they want to stick it right up all the supporters who criticise them.

You’ve taken my post completely wrong, I didn’t say they had to sign decent players just to appease the fans. I meant their jobs will depend on the overall success of the team, signing the right players is obviously a huge part of that. 

1 hour ago, lost in space said:

Sorry Mr P but it was not the bloated squad that prevented academy prospects getting game time.

That was ALL down to Robbie Neilson.

I thought the issue with playing youth last season was to do with the training bubble? Only so many players were allowed

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Ross-l said:

I thought the issue with playing youth last season was to do with the training bubble? Only so many players were allowed

I think that requirement was for small

groups, so only say 6 guys were allowed to train at a time. There was no limit on how many trained in a day. Guys like McGill, Cochrane, Henderson, Moore all played in the early rounds of the cup as they were fit. They then didn’t have any other games to play if they didn’t go out on loan. 

HEARTS FOREVER
26 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sorry if I have higher demands from watching mostly crap for the last fifty years. As part of the ownership of the club I feel all FoH members should demand better than the dross we’ve been served up these last few years. 

Did I say anything about them not signing the best players we can afford, could you point that bit out? I was responding to someone who should know better that the people that run the club are answerable to us as a fan base, Savage has spoken about the fans expectations etc when he got the chance to talk anyway, in the podcast last week. 

Whether they believe it’s the best players we can afford and they are then a success on the pitch will determine how JS and RN are viewed as time goes on, the latter needs a good start to the season as his coat is on the shoogliest of pegs.  

Spot on.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

I saw JS earlier today and I can confirm he was watertight, no leaks anywhere.

Hahahahaha. Maybe we should call him the plumber 😆.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I’ve never seen a trophy for the club with the fewest transfer news leaks. It makes no difference to whether we’ll actually sign anyone decent. The reason there’s no news is most likely because the sort of players we’re after won’t make it onto the radar of sports journos. Alex Cochrane to Hearts is a nib at best and only when it happens. No-one apart from us gives a ****.

This is a very big window for Savage and the club. Lots of pressure.

Well Joe Savage has certainly put pressure on himself with all the chat of no leaks quality over quality and being patient for the right players hope I am wrong but I don’t think we will sign anyone that is significantly better than we have

6 minutes ago, pointon said:

Well Joe Savage has certainly put pressure on himself with all the chat of no leaks quality over quality and being patient for the right players hope I am wrong but I don’t think we will sign anyone that is significantly better than we have

The ray of sunshine has arrived

fabienleclerq

It's go a deja vu feeling about this window, usual chat about quality that never appears. We end up starting the season and get told about waiting for said quality, sign more mediocre shite and wait for January.

1 minute ago, bazman said:

The ray of sunshine has arrived

Can’t  be all rainbows 🌈 and unicorns 🦄 

😂😂 just my take on it 👍

Lord Beni of Gorgie
27 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’ve never seen a trophy for the club with the fewest transfer news leaks. It makes no difference to whether we’ll actually sign anyone decent. The reason there’s no news is most likely because the sort of players we’re after won’t make it onto the radar of sports journos. Alex Cochrane to Hearts is a nib at best and only when it happens. No-one apart from us gives a ****.

This is a very big window for Savage and the club. Lots of pressure.

Suspect the amount of pressure relates to his desire not to **** up by letting information leak

Howdy Doody Jambo
8 minutes ago, pointon said:

Disa Pointon, give Savy a chance he may just surprise you and if he can't get anybody in this window then the youth players will get more of an opportunity, win win 

1 minute ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Disa Pointon, give Savy a chance he may just surprise you and if he can't get anybody in this window then the youth players will get more of an opportunity, win win 

😂 maybe getting sceptical as the last few seasons have been brutal recruitment wise and performances on the park I for one will be delighted If Joe pulls of a couple of top signings 👍

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Suspect the amount of pressure relates to his desire not to **** up by letting information leak

It’s not a bad thing running a tight ship, it’s just that it means nothing if you don’t actually hit your targets.

Same as the whole ‘we won’t be held to ransom’ cliche - is fine provided you actually succeed in signing decent players. Because anyone can make offers and have people turn them down.

For example, I’m sure it was said on the Savage podcast that if players dither when we make an offer, they’re not for us. Personally I think we have to be more pragmatic than that. We’re not exactly a massive draw atm and players with a semblance of talent always have options.

2 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

That's not true though, is it? In terms of personnel on the club's books, then perhaps - but there's more to it than that.

Souttar and Ginnelly are back. Big plus right there. Haring is back to full fitness and GMS has been hitting the form we know he's capable of. Cochrane is a new addition. McEneff (11 starts last season) and Gnanduillet (8) are just in the door.

But I agree, a couple of new faces sooner rather than later would be great. Ideally before we play Celtic.

It is true. It’s the same team with exception of Cochrane. I get your point though that we have better players back or hitting form but the team remains the same

Phil D. Corners

I’m starting to hate Alex Cochrane purely because every time Ive logged on JKB in the last three plus weeks I keep seeing his name on this thread. :lol:

Unknown user
5 hours ago, 151 said:

This "no leaks policy" talk is playground stuff. 

Do you think in previous years it was a leaks policy? Aye mate we'll offer you a deal, and we're going to tell every single punter about it. 

Folks family talk, they aren't ghosts so will also be seen coming in and out the stadium, even if initial stuff is done on zoom or through the agent the partners and friends still talk. 

But because Joe Savage says no one is to talk we may as well close the transfer thread? He's not the ****ing mafia :lol:

There's probably "no leaks" because there is ****all happening - or maybe the club are looking at filling another recruitment position? 

I thought it was fairly normal for clubs to have a favoured journalist or 2 and a definite leaks policy.

But it's fairly easy with Hearts, just don't tell Gary Locke anything

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’s not a bad thing running a tight ship, it’s just that it means nothing if you don’t actually hit your targets.

Same as the whole ‘we won’t be held to ransom’ cliche - is fine provided you actually succeed in signing decent players. Because anyone can make offers and have people turn them down.

For example, I’m sure it was said on the Savage podcast that if players dither when we make an offer, they’re not for us. Personally I think we have to be more pragmatic than that. We’re not exactly a massive draw atm and players with a semblance of talent always have options.

Possible that some of this is bravado/propaganda, I usually try to read in between the lines. 

Proof as always will be what happens on the pitch 

Still need at least another 3 top signings to compete at the right end of the table imo, i just wonder how close we are to those signings that JS alluded to in his interview? I hope we see at least 1 before the celtic game, would give everyone a real boost.

Guest ToqueJambo

4 hours ago, Valois No1 said:

It is true. It’s the same team with exception of Cochrane. I get your point though that we have better players back or hitting form but the team remains the same

That's because a number of the signings (Kingsley, McEneff, Gnando, GMS in particular) were made with this season in mind. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

siegementality

Surely it’s well past “jog on” time for those we were hoping to get over the line tomorrow, in the next few days, in the next week, in a week or so, soon?

Under the floodlight
4 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Surely it’s well past “jog on” time for those we were hoping to get over the line tomorrow, in the next few days, in the next week, in a week or so, soon?

Are you having a pop at Joe Savage?

siegementality
Just now, Under the floodlight said:

No, I am having a pop at everyone involved in the signing process, and those players who have been dithering on whether to sign for us. They have seen the recruitment video, heard the sales pitch, negotiated the terms, now get them signed/sign or get them told to jog on/go jog on.  Clear enough?

Under the floodlight
2 minutes ago, siegementality said:

No, I am having a pop at everyone involved in the signing process, and those players who have been dithering on whether to sign for us. They have seen the recruitment video, heard the sales pitch, negotiated the terms, now get them signed/sign or get them told to jog on/go jog on.  Clear enough?

It's possible that there is a delay outside of personal terms that's delaying an announcement, thanks for clarification of your first post.

siegementality
4 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

It's possible that there is a delay outside of personal terms that's delaying an announcement, thanks for clarification of your first post.

For all two or three players (the number based on interviews with RN/JS). 

If players are holding out for weeks on end it’s time they were told to jog on. Asking for more money isn’t the only way of fecking the club about.

Under the floodlight
2 minutes ago, siegementality said:

For all two or three players (the number based on interviews with RN/JS). 

If players are holding out for weeks on end it’s time they were told to jog on. Asking for more money isn’t the only way of fecking the club about.

True but only JS and his staff and the other parties concerned know what the delay is, I suspect Joe will call things off if he's not happy as he said in his interview.  

9 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Still need at least another 3 top signings to compete at the right end of the table imo, i just wonder how close we are to those signings that JS alluded to in his interview? I hope we see at least 1 before the celtic game, would give everyone a real boost.

He said we were quite far down the road regarding two players so I'd like to think they are more or less done deals.

14 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

He said we were quite far down the road regarding two players so I'd like to think they are more or less done deals.

Heres hoping 👍 i suspect most of our targets will be based in england that are either out of contract or only have a year left, of course with a connection to either RN, JS or our new guy WL, Lets hope that our recruitment restructure leads to more hits than duds. 

I wonder if the hold up is maybe us speaking to players who are under contract and trying to negotiate a fee? Probably unlikely but not impossible considering we paid decent money for Mceneff not long ago.

Jambof3tornado
25 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

They are only done deals when they are done, until then they are nothing.

1 hour ago, Under the floodlight said:

Bit early to have a pop at Savage but there is a bit of fawning over Savage by some fans. He hasn't done anything much except talk so far.

14 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

They are only done deals when they are done, until then they are nothing.

Well obviously. But you'd like to think there's a 99% chance the players Savage spoke of will be Hearts players pretty soon.

3 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Well obviously. But you'd like to think there's a 99% chance the players Savage spoke of will be Hearts players pretty soon.

Or Joe could be talking shite 

Under the floodlight
18 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Bit early to have a pop at Savage but there is a bit of fawning over Savage by some fans. He hasn't done anything much except talk so far.

Agree but as the cake man said and I'm paraphrasing here, treat those two imposters' both the same. 

Only time will tell.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***