***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Takis51 said:

Moore, Hamilton, Makarova, Ward, Berra left.. among others. Pushing to get Damour out now.. 

Moore and Hamilton have a year left on their contracts, would be surprised if they left this summer.  

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

27 minutes ago, Takis51 said:

👍🏻

Cheers.  Surprised by this as thought still in contract and thought club had high hopes for him.  

20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Moore and Hamilton have a year left on their contracts, would be surprised if they left this summer.  

Only passing on what I’ve been told mate. Never gave me any bad info so far anyway. Suppose we will see for definite shortly

2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Unless it's involved Hearts, think I have seen about 3 games this season from Scotland and maybe watched Sportscene sometimes (when Hibs have lost). 

I have no idea if Campbell is worth money nor if the young people St Mirren player is any good. 

Are people on here judging them by press reports because they can't have seen loads of Motherwell/St Mirren games? Both clubs are bottom six and also lost to Hibs recently, a cardinal sin for people on here. 

Campbells top notch. 

jamboinglasgow
24 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Could be they had contracts which were 1 year with an option of an additional year so was reported as 2 years. Hearts are just not taking up the option of the additional year

Malinga the Swinga
9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Campbells top notch. 

So is their soup but I wouldn't pay half a million for it. 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Takis51 said:

Only passing on what I’ve been told mate. Never gave me any bad info so far anyway. Suppose we will see for definite shortly

Fair enough, thanks for the info 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Could be they had contracts which were 1 year with an option of an additional year so was reported as 2 years. Hearts are just not taking up the option of the additional year

Could well be. 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Beave1874 said:

Cheers.  Surprised by this as thought still in contract and thought club had high hopes for him.  

He’s not tall or strong enough to be a CH so they put him out on loan to learn how to play CM, he might be able to play at FB too but they obviously don’t see a future for him. 

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

So is their soup but I wouldn't pay half a million for it. 

Worth every penny. 

Why all the chat of Campbell being a hibs target? Don't they have an over abundance of midfielders already at the club? 

1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

500k for Campbell would be a bargain, can make double that from him in six months

22 Yr old and he's a complete midfielder. Could run forever, can shoot, can tackle, can run with the ball, can pass. If he was 6ft and a bit quicker he'd be worth megabucks. He'd be the best midfielder Hearts have had since Colin Cameron. 500k is a bargain. 

Midloth_Iain
4 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

500k for Campbell would be a bargain, can make double that from him in six months

Even if we are interested, he still has to decide if he wants to play for us.

Wages wise we would likely offer slightly more than Hibs but we would still need to sell the club to him. That will include what our other summer signing ambitions are going to be.

5 minutes ago, Midloth_Iain said:

Even if we are interested, he still has to decide if he wants to play for us.

Wages wise we would likely offer slightly more than Hibs but we would still need to sell the club to him. That will include what our other summer signing ambitions are going to be.

Selling the club is not an issue to most. Its the easy part for us the vision of the club is what most will want. Its the showing we can achieve it that may hold us back

18 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

22 Yr old and he's a complete midfielder. Could run forever, can shoot, can tackle, can run with the ball, can pass. If he was 6ft and a bit quicker he'd be worth megabucks. He'd be the best midfielder Hearts have had since Colin Cameron. 500k is a bargain. 

Reckon he'd make us money too, inside 2 seasons..

Really seems a no brainer. If James Anderson wanted to throw his money at something, Allan Campbell is it IMO. 

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Takis51 said:

Moore, Hamilton, Makarova, Ward, Berra left.. among others. Pushing to get Damour out now.. 

Fine with all of that personally. 

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, droid said:

Why all the chat of Campbell being a hibs target? Don't they have an over abundance of midfielders already at the club? 

I think he’s an upgrade of what they have and also they seem to be in for everyone these days. I think they’re of the opinion they will need a bigger squad to conquer Europe next season. 

Signing Campbell and a competent centre half would help us massively imo, would accept a cheap young option for other signings if we got those two wrapped up

David McCaig
5 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I’m old enough to remember Robbie saying his preferred formation would be 3-4-3 but you needed the right players. In this he said your left of the back 3 needed to be as good a left back as a centre back.

This was also in the days of double and triple training sessions however and things seem to have changed since then..::

Stephen Kingsley as LCH?

Arthur Morgan
4 hours ago, Musemic said:

Oh, he's not, and he only scored 4 goals last season you say? 

You do realise it's not always a midfielders job to score goals?

I think as a support we need a couple of inspired recuperating otherwise it going to be a long season ahead with apathy

fast_blood
2 minutes ago, pointon said:

Bloody predictive text recuirts

I'm not sure predictive text is your enemy mate 😂

The Apprentice
2 hours ago, Takis51 said:

I see Ward has already signed for Whitehill Welfare.

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, it will shows where we are right now imo. It is a bit depressing, tho. 

Hibs wil be in Europe, we wil be newly promoted. Doesn't happen much but it does happen, players may choose hibs because of this. 

That could easily reverse next season, it often does. Only Aberdeen have showed any  consistency in the past decade

If we find ourselves in the bottom 6 and in relegation bother over  the next 5 years while hibs are constantly in Europe I then would agree with you. 

If Hibs sign Campbell it will be because they are selling or have sold Porteous,Nesbitt or Boyle .

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

If Hibs sign Campbell it will be because they are selling or have sold Porteous,Nesbitt or Boyle .

By all accounts Nisbet is going and they’re replacing him with Shankland.

Just now, Rudy T said:

Thats one of the things Hibs have had over us.Gambling on promising youngsters,paying cash for them and selling them on instead of signing injury prone 30 + year ilds past their best.Hopefully with Savage coming in and McAneff could be proof of this , there might be a change of tact 

7 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Thats one of the things Hibs have had over us.Gambling on promising youngsters,paying cash for them and selling them on instead of signing injury prone 30 + year ilds past their best.Hopefully with Savage coming in and McAneff could be proof of this , there might be a change of tact 

I wouldn't say Shanklands been a massive success for Dundee United in the premiership this season?

Arthur Morgan
14 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

replacing him with Shankland.

Ooft. Shankland is shite, a Championship striker and he knows it.

34 minutes ago, ramrod said:

I think the difference is they build their team front to back, we go the other way.

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Celtic should be taking Campbell at that price.

Can’t see us getting him tbh. Lets see

Definitely but not a big enough name for them, not having a manager or DoF doesn’t help. You get the feeling he will go south for more than any team out with the OF can pay. 

Arthur Morgan

Frustrating thing is Motherwell are bringing these players through their youth system, when we barely give our young players a chance. What happened to the youth system overhaul? It's produced 1 player in Hickey.

2 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Frustrating thing is Motherwell are bringing these players through their youth system, when we barely give our young players a chance. What happened to the youth system overhaul? It's produced 1 player in Hickey.

Partly. Rest, not good enough. 

Arthur Morgan
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Partly. Rest, not good enough. 

Yeah true, Hickey wasn't even ours to begin with.

19 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Yeah true, Hickey wasn't even ours to begin with.

Untrue - Hickey WAS ours to begin with.

He returned to us from Celtic,

Edited by JamboAl

5 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Any worth having?

Not too sure. Durmus is a typical winger in that he has pace but inconsistent. Macpherson might be worth a punt though but I am basing that on what I have seen from TV highlights only.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Oh ****, imagine this place if Shankland scores v us playing for hibs. 

The state some folk will get into will not be healthy. 

Arthur Morgan
52 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Untrue - Hickey WAS ours to begin with.

He returned to us from Celtic,

Ah right. So yeah, 1 player we've developed basically, not great.

Bazzas right boot
59 minutes ago, Barack said:

He wasn't the best. But neither the worst. Understandable if he was missing his young family. 

Sliding Doors Moment: His curled effort against Arbroath. Had that gone in, it might have done wonders for his confidence. As it was...it was Wighton to benefit, ironically.

Next...

2 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Horrendous footballer who should never have been signed. 

😂😂

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

A guy from Motherwell would indicate a power shift. Why not wait till you see who we sign and what our squad looks like first. 

He will play at higher. Its not who he plays for that is really the issue. 

Speculative of course, rather though we are competing. GMS signing suggests we could very well be

Where are we with the confirmed outs or not returning ?

Logan

Berra

Cochrane

Lee

Frear

Plenty good news to follow then........

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***