***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Great post. 😀  Agree 100% . 

I think we're pretty low down the wish list for promising young boys looking for a SPFL club to develop them into first team players. The likes of Hamilton and Hibs can demonstrate evidence that they're a better bet than us.

A sad indictment of how  the youth academy & pathways have failed at Hearts for the last 5 years.

As proven by Hickey joining us from Celtic, us playing him then selling him to a Seria A team. 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Seymour M Hersh

Hard to see Budge emptying Neilson so we just have to hope that the main identifier of talent will be Savage and that he's good at it. 

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

The story has just gone live on EEN website,seems like they like my rumours better than yours 😎

And ur a Hibbee too....Porto ...outed yourself pal.

Miss Marple or misfit or whatever, bet I have been to more Hearts games than you.

For what it's worth I think Porto is average but Kerr of St Johnstone is decent.

1 hour ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Porto? No Hearts fan would call him that.

Why not it's short for Porteous lol

Bunny Munro
9 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Why not it's short for Porteous lol

Bet you call Rearend 'Deek' aswell.

Edited by Bunny Munro

Italian Lambretta
12 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Hard to see Budge emptying Neilson so we just have to hope that the main identifier of talent will be Savage and that he's good at it. 

Savage can find all the best talent he wants but it will be that loser Neilson who will coach them. A total waste of time and money.

Last Laff
28 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

As proven by Hickey joining us from Celtic, us playing him then selling him to a Seria A team. 

Just a shame Celtic gained 30% of the transfer money when we sold Hickey.  Doig leaves them for more money and we get sod all.

King Of The Cat Cafe
2 hours ago, Heartsfth said:

Just watching MLS and Lewis Morgan looking good. On the other side was Jake Mulraney who must touch the ball less than any other player before going off injured. Also noted that Hernandez the Aberdeen loanee is on the bench and hasn’t got on

FTFY.

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Savage can find all the best talent he wants but it will be that loser Neilson who will coach them. A total waste of time and money.

He's not a loser, as a player with ten years with Hearts he won the sc cup. 

He's also won 3 championship titles in his short time as manager. 

Jeffros Furios
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's not a loser, as a player with ten years with Hearts he won the sc cup. 

He's also won 3 championship titles in his short time as manager. 

You're on ignore so god knows how I have to read the above pish. 

A Hearts manager losing to Brora Rangers is a LOSER .

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

You're on ignore so god knows how I have to read the above pish. 

A Hearts manager losing to Brora Rangers is a LOSER .

Who were you before? 

Humblerogue

Yep we released Doig because Hickey was ahead of him, and it was unfair on the lad.  Levine was an absolute disaster for hearts 

22 minutes ago, Sertse said:

You've been found out

Yawn another kb crackpot, anyway back on track Lavery likely to sign for Blackpool.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

So are you recommending Savage recruit the worst players he can find? 

3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

He's no better than Halkett and everytime we have played a back 3 with Halkett, he's been rock solid. We need a left sided Centerhalf who is good on the ball anyway. 

I think Kingsley could fill that role. 

19 minutes ago, swilso said:

I think Kingsley could fill that role. 

Too small imo. We could play with a full back at LCB or RCB in a lop sided 3-5-2/4-4-2 if we had a winger, say Ginnelly, at RWB. 

Leveins Battalion
8 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

Bet you call Rearend 'Deek' aswell.

And O'Connor is "Gaz"

He calls Gray Sir David when there is only 1 Sir in Edinburgh 

Rudi get it right up ye leeeefhearts👍

fast_blood
8 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Farcical decision to release doig! What was that stupid ***** Levein actually smoking

Nobody would even be questioning it if Hickey signed a contract extension and was still at Hearts. All very well with hindsight. 

Leveins Battalion
8 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

Nobody would even be questioning it if Hickey signed a contract extension and was still at Hearts. All very well with hindsight. 

Hindsight or not if Hibs go on to lift the cup Doig will be the 2nd player behind Cummings that we have released that have won the SC with our rivals 🤷‍♂️

Deep rooted problems at Hearts,not sure Savage can change this alone.Which is why a fresh new manager without ties to the "old" regime is required.

fast_blood
40 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Hindsight or not if Hibs go on to lift the cup Doig will be the 2nd player behind Cummings that we have released that have won the SC with our rivals 🤷‍♂️

Deep rooted problems at Hearts,not sure Savage can change this alone.Which is why a fresh new manager without ties to the "old" regime is required.

It would make absolutely no difference unless a full clear out happens. A new manager alone would make not one iota of difference. 

The fact that Doig could win the cup after leaving Hearts has absolutely no bearing on letting him go. Cummings won the cup and is absolutely pish. Doig I've never even watched before. Folks knickers need a right wringing out. Players leave. Players may or may not do well for themselves. Get over it. 

54 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Deep rooted problems - complete nonsense. Pulling in random events to suit your agenda rather than a reasonable conversation. 

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Deep rooted problems - complete nonsense. Pulling in random events to suit your agenda rather than a reasonable conversation. 

Of course there is an agenda,the clubs 5 years of mismanagement:Shoosh:

18 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

It would make absolutely no difference unless a full clear out happens. A new manager alone would make not one iota of difference. 

The fact that Doig could win the cup after leaving Hearts has absolutely no bearing on letting him go. Cummings won the cup and is absolutely pish. Doig I've never even watched before. Folks knickers need a right wringing out. Players leave. Players may or may not do well for themselves. Get over it. 

I'm sure ian crawford who scored in the 56 cup final was released by hibs

fast_blood
3 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Wikipedia would suggest you are correct 

12 hours ago, Kyle1874 said:

If they manage to get anything over a 100k for porteous and replace him with Kerr it will be some bit of Business by the tramps 

He's rated around 550K on transfermrkt and that's just a guide and typically an undervaluation rather than a totally accurate valuation. If a club wants him enough they will pay a million and I suspect that's the minimum value hubz will put on him. That's not a lot for an English Championship club.

And since the sheep got around 2 million for Cosgrove who I would say isn't as good as Nisbet they could potentially pull around £3 million for the pair.

Add on to that projected earnings in the millions from guaranteed Euro group stage football if they win the SC and it's a troubling prospect. It could set them up for another 3rd place run next season.

I really hope that we are at least making J.Dunne an offer, even if we don't get him, It doesn't matter, at least try, at least make an enquiry and put an offer in, people will say he is out of our league, well Naismith was out of our league two years ago, Gordon probably out of our league at the start of this season,We signed them both, which proves we still have some clout and are a draw as a club, Ambition must be shown with our recruitment or we are in for another long season, give me 4 players of J.Dunnes quality over 10 players of Elliot Frears quality every day of the week. I think we should be enquiring about C. Paterson as well.

Hoping we get some signing news soon.  Something that will lift the mood.   

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Hoping we get some signing news soon.  Something that will lift the mood.   

I do wonder, if we have signed anyone in the English lower leagues on a pre-contract, with that season now finished if we will see any announcement this week.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

10 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I do wonder, if we have signed anyone in the English lower leagues on a pre-contract, with that season now finished if we will see any announcement this week.

Too early for players to decide on next move. They have all summer to consider their options. Pre-season training will drive some signings but more and more of the transfer activity has been moving to the closing weeks of the window. 

2 hours ago, fast_blood said:

Why not?  Doig played CH when at us. 

fast_blood
Just now, Last Laff said:

Why not?  Doig played CH when at us. 

The official club excuse for his release was due to being behind Hickey in the pecking order. If he was good enough at CH then I'd assume he'd still be here. He also seems to be making a name for himself at left back. 

22 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

The official club excuse for his release was due to being behind Hickey in the pecking order. If he was good enough at CH then I'd assume he'd still be here. He also seems to be making a name for himself at left back. 

The club talks shite though we all know that.  Hickey wasn’t going to stay forever it looks like we actively looked to sell as soon as he broke through.  Be interesting to see who goes on to have the better career.  

fast_blood
Just now, Last Laff said:

The club talks shite though we all know that.  Hickey wasn’t going to stay forever it looks like we actively looked to sell as soon as he broke through.  Be interesting to see who goes on to have the better career.  

To be honest, even Doig admits he was nowhere near the player he is now when he got released. 

"I was nowhere near the player I am now at 15 or 16 when I got released," he admits. "I was tall, lanky and playing centre midfield" 

33 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

In a Levein interview he actually said he was behind Hickey and a couple of others.

Nookie Bear

Not really seen much of Doig (i have barely seen a minute of SPL football this season tbh) but he has only played 33 games for hibs.

I remember they had a left back years ago - Callum Booth - who was destined for great things and had a really positive start. He is now a bottom-6 SPL stalwart at best.

So...will reserve judgement on Doig for a wee while yet.

14 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

To be honest, even Doig admits he was nowhere near the player he is now when he got released. 

"I was nowhere near the player I am now at 15 or 16 when I got released," he admits. "I was tall, lanky and playing centre midfield" 

It doesn’t sound like he was released because he was behind Hickey then and we just acted all nicely.  It’s the clubs responsibility to discover players attributes even if the player as a mid-teen didn’t know himself.   That’s what the staff are meant to be paid for, spotting talent.

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

It doesn’t sound like he was released because he was behind Hickey then and we just acted all nicely.  It’s the clubs responsibility to discover players attributes even if the player as a mid-teen didn’t know himself.   That’s what the staff are meant to be paid for, spotting talent.

Maybe i am naive but, when a player is 15 he should not be so strictly pigeon-holed into playing one position? Goalkeepers aside, of course.

Could he have pushed further forward? Could he play centre defence or in midfield? If nothing else, i reckon any young player's development would be helped by learning new roles.

The Apprentice
5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Not really seen much of Doig (i have barely seen a minute of SPL football this season tbh) but he has only played 33 games for hibs.

I remember they had a left back years ago - Callum Booth - who was destined for great things and had a really positive start. He is now a bottom-6 SPL stalwart at best.

In a lot of his appearances he's been subbed for Lewis Stevenson around the 65-70 min mark.  I don't actually think he's completed 90 mins all that often in those 33 games.

Nookie Bear
Just now, The Apprentice said:

In a lot of his appearances he's been subbed for Lewis Stevenson around the 65-70 min mark.  I don't actually think he's completed 90 mins all that often in those 33 games.

Tbf you're not going to keep a quality player like Lewis Stevenson out of the team for too long 🙂

1 hour ago, Sherbet said:

And we won the league with Gordon Smith.

14 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Booth could possibly (and I hope he does) win more winners medals this season than anyone we have brought through since Craig Gordon in terms of national honours.  

David Black
1 hour ago, Sherbet said:

He was indeed, as was the great Gordon Smith who won the LC with Hearts.

9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Maybe i am naive but, when a player is 15 he should not be so strictly pigeon-holed into playing one position? Goalkeepers aside, of course.

Could he have pushed further forward? Could he play centre defence or in midfield? If nothing else, i reckon any young player's development would be helped by learning new roles.

It depends what the coaches see in him technically I would guess (aye Jambo Al will be on this like shit to a fly, I’m not sure many players at that age want to move to left or right back but it’s for the coaches to see that as the position of progression.  He left us, went to them, went right out on loan where they instructed QP to play him at full back and the boys never looked back. 

Heartsofgold
2 hours ago, Sherbet said:

As was Sir Paul Hartley, considered to be a monumental failure at the Echodrome.

Nookie Bear
13 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Booth could possibly (and I hope he does) win more winners medals this season than anyone we have brought through since Craig Gordon in terms of national honours.  

True but the point is that young players often burn brightly when they first come in and then start to fade.

no reason to expect Doig to be anything different.

hmfc_liam06

We release umpteen youths every year. 99.9% of the time none of them go on to anything bigger or better than Hearts.

Some are going to slip the net eventually. Get over it.

39 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

True but the point is that young players often burn brightly when they first come in and then start to fade.

no reason to expect Doig to be anything different.

To be honest I’ve not seen much from the boy that stands out.  Whittaker was well better.  Just the media bumming hibs players again probably but it could end up costing us a good few £.

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

It depends what the coaches see in him technically I would guess (aye Jambo Al will be on this like shit to a fly, I’m not sure many players at that age want to move to left or right back but it’s for the coaches to see that as the position of progression.  He left us, went to them, went right out on loan where they instructed QP to play him at full back and the boys never looked back. 

Ah, Laffing boy gets his retaliation in first which convinces me he agrees but is shit scared to admit it!!

Do you mean "a fly to shit"?

However, thanks for the honour of giving my posts such high value.  It makes it all worthwhile knowing you read and digest them

Edited by JamboAl

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***