***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Don't think I've seen anything out of the ordinary in truth. 2nd season will be tougher for him, not concerned about a bog standard left back at all that has fitted a system 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Uncle Buck

My understanding was it was a straight choice between Hickey and Doig. I think we made the right call.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Ah, Laffing boy gets his retaliation in first which convinces me he agrees but is shit scared to admit it!!

Do you mean "a fly to shit"?

However, thanks for the honour of giving my posts such high value.  It makes it all worthwhile knowing you read and digest them

No I mean you talk shite and are very predictable 👍

Selkirkhmfc1874
36 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

My understanding was it was a straight choice between Hickey and Doig. I think we made the right call.

Hickey could've played right back and Doig left back instead of signings like white or oshanwia

Some folk need to get over it. The topic has been done a million times but it’s chance for folk to slate the club.

I see Euan Murray has turned down a new deal with Dunfermline.

He was scoring a lot of goals for them from set pieces earlier in the season.

Although I don't really know much about him what do people think about him?

Would he be worth signing ?

7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

No

Bunny Munro
6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Not for me. 27 now so not going to get any better. Would be streets ahead of Berra and Popescu though.

14 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

No I mean you talk shite and are very predictable 👍

You are the Board's expert on that as displayed by the consistently negative crap you spout..

3 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Not for me. 27 now so not going to get any better. Would be streets ahead of Berra and Popescu though.

More clubs than Jack Nicklaus.

4 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

I read an article about him not agreeing a new deal and it said that Aberdeen and Hibs had both been credited with and interest.

I would imagine Aberdeen will not be interested now that they have signed Gallagher.

No idea about HIbs.

Doig is rotten and will be playing for Ross County soon enough.

He has a terrible first touch and is often out of position. Dundee United specifically targeted his area on Saturday as he is the weak link.

Four faces
1 hour ago, Rods said:

He has a terrible first touch and is often out of position. Dundee United specifically targeted his area on Saturday as he is the weak link.

😁 Tripe

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Despite his shortcomings, I think Halkett is the better player of the two so not for me. Don't get me wrong, he has been solid for Dunfermline and I would have bitten your hand off for him last season, but for this coming season I would expect us to be looking at a first choice CB to partner Souttar - with Halkett taking Berra's place on the bench, and for us to be looking at someone younger who we could develop into a first team player over the next couple of years.

Different story if Halkett is leaving though (can't remember where I saw that mentioned) in which case he might be worth looking at as our "2nd string"/backup CB. 

Three younger options for me would be Jack Fitzwater (23) from Livi, Sam Roscoe (22) from Ayr, and Roberto Nditi (20) from Forfar.

Edited by Batistuta87

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Rods said:

I don't see the fuss in him tbh. And not just because he plays for Hibs. 

He looks about Hibs quality, no better. Would disappear into anonymity if he were to move somewhere bigger. 

9 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Despite his shortcomings, I think Halkett is the better player of the two so not for me. Don't get me wrong, he has been solid for Dunfermline and I would have bitten your hand off for him last season, but for this coming season I would expect us to be looking at a first choice CB to partner Souttar - with Halkett taking Berra's place on the bench, and for us to be looking at someone younger who we could develop into a first team player over the next couple of years.

Different story if Halkett is leaving though (can't remember where I saw that mentioned) in which case he might be worth looking at as our "2nd string"/backup CB. 

Three younger options for me would be Jack Fitzwater (23) from Livi, Sam Roscoe (22) from Ayr, and Roberto Nditi (20) from Forfar.

👍

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Hindsight or not if Hibs go on to lift the cup Doig will be the 2nd player behind Cummings that we have released that have won the SC with our rivals 🤷‍♂️

Deep rooted problems at Hearts,not sure Savage can change this alone.Which is why a fresh new manager without ties to the "old" regime is required.

Have Hibs released a player who has then gone on to score a hattrick against them in a cup semi final for Hearts and then lift the cup?

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Have Hibs released a player who has then gone on to score a hattrick against them in a cup semi final for Hearts and then lift the cup?

Absolutely brilliant !

This Doig thing is just another stick to bash the club with. No one gave a **** when he was released. Ridiculous stuff. 

5 hours ago, Last Laff said:

It doesn’t sound like he was released because he was behind Hickey then and we just acted all nicely.  It’s the clubs responsibility to discover players attributes even if the player as a mid-teen didn’t know himself.   That’s what the staff are meant to be paid for, spotting talent.

5 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Maybe i am naive but, when a player is 15 he should not be so strictly pigeon-holed into playing one position? Goalkeepers aside, of course.

Could he have pushed further forward? Could he play centre defence or in midfield? If nothing else, i reckon any young player's development would be helped by learning new roles.

Had been tried in various positions as they all were including Hickey. It was as much Doig and family’s decision to move on as it was Hearts. 

4 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

We release umpteen youths every year. 99.9% of the time none of them go on to anything bigger or better than Hearts.

Some are going to slip the net eventually. Get over it.

We release about 75% of all kids that get a first pro contract. Just like nearly every other club. 

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

This Doig thing is just another stick to bash the club with. No one gave a **** when he was released. Ridiculous stuff. 

Yup, its annoying and would hope the club learns lessons, but the fact (from all reports) the person who got rid of him, Levein, has left the club, I dont see the point of hitting the club hard now for it. 

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

We had a stack of potential full backs at that time. Add Logan and Sandison and Ward to the mix. 

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Yup, its annoying and would hope the club learns lessons, but the fact (from all reports) the person who got rid of him, Levein, has left the club, I dont see the point of hitting the club hard now for it. 

There’s no lesson to be learned unless you want us to hang on to every kid we sign until they are 21. Maybe 25 just in case. 

2 hours ago, Chaps said:

Some folk need to get over it. The topic has been done a million times but it’s chance for folk to slate the club.

Yip and the usual suspects are spouting their bile - this and the AB thread. 

2 hours ago, Rods said:

Will be interesting to see how he copes with O’Halloran or Middleton or maybe both in the cup final. 

6 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Hoping we get some signing news soon.  Something that will lift the mood.   

I am sure it will be timed to have some good signing news round about season ticket buying time.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

You could totally understand it if we had no LB, but the guy who let him go also signed and developed the LB ahead of Doig into a 1.8m Serie A player being touted for Scotland at 18. 

Grace Jones
2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Hickey could've played right back and Doig left back instead of signings like white or oshanwia

Oshaniwa signed 5 years ago, get over it. 

Nookie Bear
40 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Had been tried in various positions as they all were including Hickey. It was as much Doig and family’s decision to move on as it was Hearts. 

Cheers. Not a world i am familiar with,so good to know.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

**** me it’s like reading Hibsnet! Get a ******* grip!

Said that earlier today. All the shit we laughed at them for.

Too many letting them into their heads

Agentjambo
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I wonder when the first big announcement happens 

:whistling:

Probably the last hour before the transfer window shuts 

Folk need to have a bit faith in Joe. It's very early days and more than a month until pre season starts. 

I'm sure we've been looking at players and trying to sign guys since the start of the year. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Probably the last hour before the transfer window shuts 

Gonnae no :lol:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Folk need to have a bit faith in Joe. It's very early days and more than a month until pre season starts. 

I'm sure we've been looking at players and trying to sign guys since the start of the year. 

Earlier end to season equals 3 extra weeks to work myself and ourselves to a froth 

I’m not in the know on any level but I bumped into an old friend of mine that knows someone that works at hearts. (Yeah, I know I’ve read plenty posts that start with somebody that works for hearts but I know my mate does know someone so it’s the only reason that I’ve posted this little snippet).It’s not really earth shattering news but he was told that hearts have three top players lined up that’s going to cost us a lot of money. He didn’t ask if that involved transfer fees or if it’s high wages. I’ve read a few posts on here that we should be signing quality over quantity so I’m also hoping that this info is legit. The other titbit he was giving was jj is getting involved in some sort of shake up in the academy.   If it turns out to be shite I can only apologise, I’m just passing some info on.

1 minute ago, sub sub said:

I’m not in the know on any level but I bumped into an old friend of mine that knows someone that works at hearts. (Yeah, I know I’ve read plenty posts that start with somebody that works for hearts but I know my mate does know someone so it’s the only reason that I’ve posted this little snippet).It’s not really earth shattering news but he was told that hearts have three top players lined up that’s going to cost us a lot of money. He didn’t ask if that involved transfer fees or if it’s high wages. I’ve read a few posts on here that we should be signing quality over quantity so I’m also hoping that this info is legit. The other titbit he was giving was jj is getting involved in some sort of shake up in the academy.   If it turns out to be shite I can only apologise, I’m just passing some info on.

Cheers for that. Don’t be fooled though the usual suspects will be along soon to hijack the thread and your post. Fingers crossed re future signings 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Earlier end to season equals 3 extra weeks to work myself and ourselves to a froth 

Very true. 👍

10 minutes ago, sub sub said:

Nice one 👍

Rogue Daddy
12 minutes ago, sub sub said:

Intriguing 👍 cheers for that... think we need something to keep us going for the next few weeks!

12 minutes ago, sub sub said:

Interesting. I also heard that our top three targets are virtually signed and sealed.  No idea who they are though. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Interesting. I also heard that our top three targets are virtually signed and sealed.  No idea who they are though. 

Wonder if announcements will come on or near the season ticket announcement.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

All could be  be imminent. Season officially over in Scotland in less than two weeks though English playoffs going on for a while. 

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I think that will be given... 2 minutes before ST announcement! 😂😂😂... better hope they’re good signings!

20 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

As proven by Hickey joining us from Celtic, us playing him then selling him to a Seria A team. 

1 success story in 7 years suggests exception rather than the rule. 

That said, we've got new management in in Joe Savage, so he might better be able to channel youth development than has been done previously. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

1 success story in 7 years suggests exception rather than the rule. 

That said, we've got new management in in Joe Savage, so he might better be able to channel youth development than has been done previously. 

Lafferty went for a profit as did Sow and mulrany. 

We do need to get more youngsters into the team, but my priority is to win games and our immediate goal is to establish ourselves in the top flight as a top club, I'm not fussed what age of players gets us there Tbh. 

Be nice to argue about youth as we sit 3rd. 

Bazzas right boot
37 minutes ago, sub sub said:

23 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

tenor (4).gif

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***