***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

So this guy, who's seemingly worth spending £500k on is heading to the Euros with Scotland and scored a bundle of goals for Motherwell when they stormed the SPL. Oh, he's not, and he only scored 4 goals last season you say? 

I'm not saying the guy's not a decent player (tbh, I don't know because I don't remember him being a standout against us and I don't watch a great deal of Scottish football other than HMFC) but £500k would seem like a very large punt for us given our likely financial position atm. 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

There’s...

Hibs grammar IMO ☺️

What would Porto say.😡

😂 spot on. 

got to finish the stand  

Use of the name porto  

poor grammar

lf = Hibs

Edited by kingantti1874

Malinga the Swinga

Doesn't matter who we sign, they won't be as good as whoever Hibs sign. 

Doesn't matter if we get new manager or owner, they won't be as good as Ross or Gordon. 

Any youngsters who get contracts won't be as good as any Hibs youngsters who get contracts. 

If Hibs sign anyone, we should have signed them and would have if it wasn't for Hibs being powerhouse in Edinburgh. 

If we sign someone, it's cause they weren't good enough for Hibs, the power team in Edinburgh. 

Think I have got hang of this now. 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Doesn't matter if we get new manager or owner, they won't be as good as Ross or Gordon. 

Any youngsters who get contracts won't be as good as any Hibs youngsters who get contracts. 

If Hibs sign anyone, we should have signed them and would have if it wasn't for Hibs being powerhouse in Edinburgh. 

If we sign someone, it's cause they weren't good enough for Hibs, the power team in Edinburgh. 

Correct.

Why?.....because this website is absolutely rife with Hibs supporters.

They are not even hiding it now.

jamboinglasgow
17 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Offering Motherwell and Campbell a percentage of any future transfer fee over and above any development fee is an option we should be looking at offering.

Other clubs have been successful in enticing players using this method.

Its what Hibs did with John McGinn,

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Not a surprise people get irrational after 5 years of consistent failure.

Representative of a lack of trust between the fans and the club 

HEARTS FOREVER
40 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

If he goes to Hibs, Campbell for the first time in my puff, it demonstrates a power shift and some desperate pressure for Budge, beyond what any Hearts owner will have known for 40 years plus

Sadly I agree 100 percent with this.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, brypie04 said:

No way!!

I had him in Football Manager!

Any gid? 

Or is he baad? 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Any gid? 

Or is he baad? 

Bought him for £105K in season 2022/23

Sold him for £5.5M in season 2024/25

Played: 51, scored: 15

Byyy The Light
33 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

So we spend £1m before wages. Seriously, have you heard of budgets. 

Yes. And Yes but I wasn’t being 100% serious, purely emphasising we push the boat out for this type of player. 

It will be structured payments anyway and is an investment.

If we have any intention of being the 3rd force in Scotland and not a pretend 3rd force then these are the kind of moves we need to be making.

Give me a smaller squad of quality, ambitious players any day of the week over the likes of Damour, Martin, Whelan, Tziolis, Kitchen, Anderson, Grezlak etc

Was speaking to a customer of mine who is a st mirren fan. He reckons they’re resigned to losing Jamie McGrath this window. I know he’s been mentioned already earlier in the thread. 

jambopilms
30 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Yeah, looking forward to a whole summer of our fans telling us why we are shit and Hibs are great. I do wonder if they are supporting the right team.

Nookie Bear
28 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Correct.

Why?.....because this website is absolutely rife with Hibs supporters.

They are not even hiding it now.

Nice double bluff, my Brother in green 😉🤝

37 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Can you explain how his value would automatically double if we signed him? 

He plays for a team that are 4th bottom of Scottish premiership, lost to Hibs in the cup (on his watch) and has no full international experience. 

Not saying he wouldn't be a success, but what actual evidence is there to back up claim of 'we must sign him'?

Because he is already worth more than £500,000. 

The £500,000 is compensation. If he were under contract, 2-3 years, Motherwell would want £1million plus. 

Berra than you
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Was speaking to a customer of mine who is a st mirren fan. He reckons they’re resigned to losing Jamie McGrath this window. I know he’s been mentioned already earlier in the thread. 

Reckon he would be a good addition. He and Jake Doyle-Hayes have looked the part this season.

jambopilms
33 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Not a surprise people get irrational after 5 years of consistent failure.

Representative of a lack of trust between the fans and the club 

It is a surprise that our own fans choose to bum up Hibs at any opportunity. Not a surprise that the same folk moan about the same thing over and over on every thread. 

Byyy The Light
40 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Can you explain how his value would automatically double if we signed him? 

He plays for a team that are 4th bottom of Scottish premiership, lost to Hibs in the cup (on his watch) and has no full international experience. 

Not saying he wouldn't be a success, but what actual evidence is there to back up claim of 'we must sign him'?

The year St Mirren got relegated they had John McGinn, Kenny McLean, Stevie Mallon, Lewis Morgan all playing for them.

Mallan aside I’d have taken the other 3 at Hearts. Going by your logic here then there would be no point signing any of them? 

Leveins Battalion
8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

:yas:

Porto is worth £5 million imo.

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

It is a surprise that our own fans choose to bum up Hibs at any opportunity. Not a surprise that the same folk moan about the same thing over and over on every thread. 

personally I’ve seen enough of hibs to know they are actually dugmeat. I expect to immediately return to our rightful dominance.

Malinga the Swinga

Unless it's involved Hearts, think I have seen about 3 games this season from Scotland and maybe watched Sportscene sometimes (when Hibs have lost). 

I have no idea if Campbell is worth money nor if the young people St Mirren player is any good. 

Are people on here judging them by press reports because they can't have seen loads of Motherwell/St Mirren games? Both clubs are bottom six and also lost to Hibs recently, a cardinal sin for people on here. 

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, Barack said:

Nothing interesting then?

Let's all meet up for a pint next week and discuss it then.

Best idea so far. 

Bazzas right boot
42 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

If he goes to Hibs, Campbell for the first time in my puff, it demonstrates a power shift and some desperate pressure for Budge, beyond what any Hearts owner will have known for 40 years plus

Nah, it will shows where we are right now imo. It is a bit depressing, tho. 

Hibs wil be in Europe, we wil be newly promoted. Doesn't happen much but it does happen, players may choose hibs because of this. 

That could easily reverse next season, it often does. Only Aberdeen have showed any  consistency in the past decade

If we find ourselves in the bottom 6 and in relegation bother over  the next 5 years while hibs are constantly in Europe I then would agree with you. 

Leveins Battalion
5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Unless it's involved Hearts, think I have seen about 3 games this season from Scotland and maybe watched Sportscene sometimes (when Hibs have lost). 

I have no idea if Campbell is worth money nor if the young people St Mirren player is any good. 

Are people on here judging them by press reports because they can't have seen loads of Motherwell/St Mirren games? Both clubs are bottom six and also lost to Hibs recently, a cardinal sin for people on here. 

Good post,not seen much but the games i have watched most teams have looked utter shite,Dundee Utd especially.

The fact that Hibs have a strike force from Dunfermline and Forest fecking Green smashing that league shows how shite it is.

davemclaren
Just now, ericb said:

Lot of people suggesting Roberts as a make weight isn't his contract up? 

One year to go. 

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, brypie04 said:

Bought him for £105K in season 2022/23

Sold him for £5.5M in season 2024/25

Played: 51, scored: 15

Good numbers😎

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

The year St Mirren got relegated they had John McGinn, Kenny McLean, Stevie Mallon, Lewis Morgan all playing for them.

Mallan aside I’d have taken the other 3 at Hearts. Going by your logic here then there would be no point signing any of them? 

All I asked was what evidence is there that they will be a success. Past players isn't evidence of these guys now. 

Salmon, Sutton and others played for Scottish clubs before arriving here and were mince. The ability to look into future would certainly help when making signings. 

Maybe I should watch more Motherwell and St Mirren games instead of watching team I support. 

Nah, don't think I'll bother. 

22 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yip can see right thru him, it's too easy.

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Good post,not seen much but the games i have watched most teams have looked utter shite,Dundee Utd especially.

The fact that Hibs have a strike force from Dunfermline and Forest fecking Green smashing that league shows how shite it is.

But they have super Jack Ross, you know the creepy looking lad, as manager. He's the best manager in Edinburgh apparently and we should have got him, but he chose Hibs cause they just brilliant and great and other words. 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

Yip can see right thru him, it's too easy.

LeeeefffHearts

Just u worry about Porto.😎

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

But they have super Jack Ross, you know the creepy looking lad, as manager. He's the best manager in Edinburgh apparently and we should have got him, but he chose Hibs cause they just brilliant and great and other words. 

Said it before he has a bit Ted Bundy about him.

Ken like am no fae leith likesay am fae Gorgie Way, but you are no Rebus that's for sure, also with the name Leveins Battalion you must be a rocket.

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Ken like am no fae leith likesay am fae Gorgie Way, but you are no Rebus that's for sure, also with the name Leveins Battalion you must be a rocket.

Correct I'm a rocket and your a Hibs fan on a Hearts forum most days.🤣🤣

Four faces
2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Who'd play LWB? Kingsley is far better going forward than he is defending 

The ideal chap for that position would be Murray Wallace but he's not really a back 4 Centerhalf so we'd be pretty fixed to a 3 man defence. 

Kingsley played that role down south.How often and how well i don't know.Halliday would play LWB as he did at end of season.Stick to a back 3 and we have options.Neilson might attempt to fix something which isn't broken though.

51 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Just a bit... Wouldn’t be surprised if he was outed as a Scottish Samuel Little in the future....

51 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Correct I'm a rocket and your a Hibs fan on a Hearts forum most days.🤣🤣

Give u a clue LF does not stand for leef ya teapot.

Leveins Battalion
6 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Now now LeeeeeefHearts

Stick to the rules,even Hibs fans on here must adhere.:sweeet:

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

🤣🤣🤣 so true

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Now now LeeeeeefHearts

Stick to the rules,even Hibs fans on here must adhere.:sweeet:

13 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Please stick to the subject of the Transfer window. 

Thanks

29 minutes ago, Four faces said:

Kingsley played that role down south.How often and how well i don't know.Halliday would play LWB as he did at end of season.Stick to a back 3 and we have options.Neilson might attempt to fix something which isn't broken though.

Given how well three at the back worked I’m fairly certain we’ll revert to 4-2-3-1. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Did he say who to though? 😀 No doubt Hibs especially if they lose a couple fo players. They seem to have a good relationship with them.

davemclaren
Just now, wavydavy said:

Did he say who to though? 😀 No doubt Hibs especially if they lose a couple fo players. They seem to have a good relationship with them.

Hibs seem to be signing everyone given the last couple of days on here. 

Four faces
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Given how well three at the back worked I’m fairly certain we’ll revert to 4-2-3-1. 

Would not surprise me in the slightest.

Just now, wavydavy said:

I asked that question and he had no idea. ‘A lot of interest’ was all I got. He mentioned another couple of players he thinks will go as well but I can’t remember their names. 

1 minute ago, Takis51 said:

Moore, Hamilton, Makarova, Ward, Berra left.. among others. Pushing to get Damour out now.. 

Chris Hamilton? 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I asked that question and he had no idea. ‘A lot of interest’ was all I got. He mentioned another couple of players he thinks will go as well but I can’t remember their names. 

Possibly Macpherson, Durmus, Doyle - Hayes and Flynn are all out of contract soon.

6 minutes ago, Takis51 said:

Moore, Hamilton, Makarova, Ward, Berra left.. among others. Pushing to get Damour out now.. 

Not before ****ing time.

8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Possibly Macpherson, Durmus, Doyle - Hayes and Flynn are all out of contract soon.

Any worth having?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***