***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Berra than you
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Need a LCB, RWB, CM, Ginnelly, CF

Those areas have to be priority. 

Agree with all of that. I think we can get away with a young promising RWB though, as Smith and or a winger could perhaps play there this season with a few to developing a youngish player there. 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

6 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Agree with all of that. I think we can get away with a young promising RWB though, as Smith and or a winger could perhaps play there this season with a few to developing a youngish player there. 

Yeah, agree. Ginnelly could play RWB. Cammy Logan maybe has an opportunity there. 

Nookie Bear
9 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

If we are playing with a RWB then Smith is not that person. I am not convinced he has it in him to be a 'normal' RB from now on either tbh

It is such an important position these days that i also feel we need more than 'promising' and should look to have someone there who has a number of senior games under their belts in that role.

A winger could do it but not sure we have one on our books who i see can play that role.

Edited by Nookie Bear

33 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

500k development fee for Campbell pretty much rules us out

Depends, I wonder how much cash we received for Clare, Washington and Uche last season. There may still be some of the Hickey cash left too.

14 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I think he would be a great signing. I just feel with the fee and wages to match then would be out of range for us. Unless they value Roberts at 500k!

Be interesting to see if they want JR permanently and if so, what they value him at. Maybe he could be used as part of a deal.

Really hope the club speculate to accumulate this summer. Quality over quantity absolutely required! 

Jim Panzee
12 hours ago, DH1986 said:

I’ll feel a bit better when it’s confirmed that the contracts of  Zlamal, Doyle, White, Frear and Kastaneer have ended and they’re all moving on.

I also want Naismith to retire.

Kastaneer was a loan signing no? so no contract to end?

Batistuta87

Footballpress.com's suggestions as to who we should sign:

Junior Stanislas (Winger), 31, Bournemouth 

Matt Smith (Striker), 31, Milwall 

Henri Saivet (Midfielder), 30, Newcastle 

Ahmed Elmohamady (RWB/RM), 33, Aston Villa

Martyn Waghorn (Striker), 31, Derby

Obviously not been doing their homework because firstly they're all 30+ and our manager has hinted at signing some younger players. And I don't know about Smith, but Stanislas, Saivet and Elmohamady will be on absurd wages compared to anyone at Hearts. 

Great journalism lads 👏

the sub goalie

Seen that Charlie Mulgrew has just left Blackburn Rovers, 35 year old now but plenty of experience and could do a job still.  

Whilst I agree with bringing the age of the squad down, experience at the back is not a bad thing.

2 minutes ago, the sub goalie said:

Seen that Charlie Mulgrew has just left Blackburn Rovers, 35 year old now but plenty of experience and could do a job still.  

Whilst I agree with bringing the age of the squad down, experience at the back is not a bad thing.

I think we already have enough experience in the squad. I hear what you're saying but it is 100% no from me. Way too old.

9 minutes ago, the sub goalie said:

Maybe end up at Aberdeen along with the ageing Broonaldo.

Just now, wavydavy said:

Maybe end up at Aberdeen along with the ageing Broonaldo.

Sure I read he was looking to move back up with his family. Could see Aberdeen or Motherwell 

20 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

If we are playing with a RWB then Smith is not that person. I am not convinced he has it in him to be a 'normal' RB from now on either tbh

It is such an important position these days that i also feel we need more than 'promising' and should look to have someone there who has a number of senior games under their belts in that role.

A winger could do it but not sure we have one on our books who i see can play that role.

Yep. Smith's not attacking enough to play RWB. That's why we signed Logan. I think we must have someone lined up at RWB otherwise we would have signed Shay permanently. 

4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Sure I read he was looking to move back up with his family. Could see Aberdeen or Motherwell 

Or even St Midden. He could look after the Celtic shop as a wee sideline.

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Yep. Smith's not attacking enough to play RWB. That's why we signed Logan. I think we must have someone lined up at RWB otherwise we would have signed Shay permanently. 

i hope you’re right, the 3-4-3 looked great towards the end of the season but I fear Robbie will revert back to his favoured 4-2-3-1 which just doesn’t suit our squad imo

BackOfTheNet

£500k might seem a lot, but in reality it’s basically what we paid for Wighton and McEneff (combined). Will depend on whether the club see it as a worthwhile investment. I wouldn’t say it rules us out, but would depend on a lot of things to happen I would imagine.

On 09/05/2021 at 07:22, Finlay James said:

Heard today that we're keeping tabs on a young lad from Rochdale called Kwaadwo Baah.  Source has a decent record of being correct about these things.

No way!!

I had him in Football Manager!

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

500k development fee for Campbell pretty much rules us out

Give them it and give him another £500k signing on fee 

2 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

👍 Delighted that Souttar had a few games towards the end of the season, hopefully will sign for another 3 years! Good news!

As good as Souttar a 3 year deal would be mental to offer considering his injury history.

1 or 2 year deal with an option of another year is what we should be offering.

24 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

i hope you’re right, the 3-4-3 looked great towards the end of the season but I fear Robbie will revert back to his favoured 4-2-3-1 which just doesn’t suit our squad imo

It looked great defensively as well. 5 clean sheets in a row and we scored 13 goals. We found the right balance. 

13 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

We must keep Boyce at all costs.

100% agree.  Good to hear he's happy with us.

Get him signed up on a longer contract !

45 minutes ago, Chaps said:

As good as Souttar a 3 year deal would be mental to offer considering his injury history.

1 or 2 year deal with an option of another year is what we should be offering.

Can understand the caution based on injuries he's had but if he had next season injury free and playing like he can then he will defo have interest.  Having him on 3 years could be worth a chunky fee.  It's a gamble but one i would take.

45 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Give them £350k + Halkett + Robert’s. 

sound business all round

Id be temped to push it and be difficult. The way the development fee gets calculated by the tribunal seem to be pretty erratic. Especially if Motherwell refuse to lower demands etc. 

sign him first, deal with the fee after.

10 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Can understand the caution based on injuries he's had but if he had next season injury free and playing like he can then he will defo have interest.  Having him on 3 years could be worth a chunky fee.  It's a gamble but one i would take.

Agreed, having Souttar at the club is invaluable even if he does continue to struggle with injury, could be our Ledley King

17 minutes ago, OTT said:

Id be temped to push it and be difficult. The way the development fee gets calculated by the tribunal seem to be pretty erratic. Especially if Motherwell refuse to lower demands etc. 

We should just pay the £500k and be professional about it. He's worth that money. If we put in a sell on % we might get him a bit cheaper. 

Offering Motherwell and Campbell a percentage of any future transfer fee over and above any development fee is an option we should be looking at offering.

Other clubs have been successful in enticing players using this method.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

sound business all round

I would keep Halkett. He's actually never had a bad game in a back 3. I'd never play him in a 4 man defence though. 

Batistuta87
33 minutes ago, OTT said:

Absolutely. It could take a long time for a tribunal to decide the fee and might end up being nowhere near £500k. Chances are we wouldn't need to stump it up all at once either, so realistically we could look at paying nothing for quite some time, then potentially paying in instalments.

Edited by Batistuta87

2 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

Not necessarily. The club may see this as an opportunity to buy a sellable asset and it’s the sort of signing which would boost ST sales - which if high, would more than recoup this amount. Plus, a bit of benefactor money may be available..

That being said, I suspect he will head south.

I also think the club can't afford to be seen to be letting Hibs scoop up another bit of Scottish talent.  Not saying we need to go for him, we should.  Moreso that we need more than ever to make a statement.  Alan Campbell would do it.  Show some guts and get it done.

Hearts fans will accept a guy heading to Norwich or Derby or whatever but we need to start swinging some dick up here.

TyphoonJambo
2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Or even St Midden. He could look after the Celtic shop as a wee sideline.

That'd probably make him the busiest man at Love St.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I also think the club can't afford to be seen to be letting Hibs scoop up another bit of Scottish talent.  Not saying we need to go for him, we should.  Moreso that we need more than ever to make a statement.  Alan Campbell would do it.  Show some guts and get it done.

Hearts fans will accept a guy heading to Norwich or Derby or whatever but we need to start swinging some dick up here.

I'm all for that swinging some dick shit.

I like the cut of your gib 

What are people’s thoughts about Ginnely as a wing back? I like most liked the back 3 we used in the final few games.

If we are signing Ginnely as seems likely, not convinced he could play RWB. That kind of makes me think we revert back to a 4

2 minutes ago, Jam bog said:

What are people’s thoughts about Ginnely as a wing back? I like most liked the back 3 we used in the final few games.

If we are signing Ginnely as seems likely, not convinced he could play RWB. That kind of makes me think we revert back to a 4

As I said in another post Robbie will change the formation to suit who we are playing so I would nt expect to see a back 3 every game.

THis means that Ginnelly could be used sparingly which might not be too bad a thing keeping him fit.

He may opt to play him in a striking role similar to how he played GMS.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

£500k might seem a lot, but in reality it’s basically what we paid for Wighton and McEneff (combined). Will depend on whether the club see it as a worthwhile investment. I wouldn’t say it rules us out, but would depend on a lot of things to happen I would imagine.

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

sound business all round

I’d say Robert’s, plus £300k plus 20% sell on. We get rid of a wage, pay a fee around recent levels so not taking a huge risk

Also re Doig - remember that Celtic let Hickey go. Ok they got a bit of money but arguably they’d have got more out of him by keeping him after Tierney left than they eventually got...

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

As I said in another post Robbie will change the formation to suit who we are playing so I would nt expect to see a back 3 every game.

THis means that Ginnelly could be used sparingly which might not be too bad a thing keeping him fit.

I’m old enough to remember Robbie saying his preferred formation would be 3-4-3 but you needed the right players. In this he said your left of the back 3 needed to be as good a left back as a centre back.

This was also in the days of double and triple training sessions however and things seem to have changed since then..::

john thomas
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Think we have , potentially , some really exciting forward options . Ok they have to step up a gear but Boyce , GMS and Naismith [yes think we could get , maybe , 20+ appearances] have all been successful at a higher level

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, john thomas said:

Think we have , potentially , some really exciting forward options . Ok they have to step up a gear but Boyce , GMS and Naismith [yes think we could get , maybe , 20+ appearances] have all been successful at a higher level

Henderson and GMS can also play all

across the front three, Henderson in particular, so some fluidity.

Four faces
9 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I’m old enough to remember Robbie saying his preferred formation would be 3-4-3 but you needed the right players. In this he said your left of the back 3 needed to be as good a left back as a centre back.

This was also in the days of double and triple training sessions however and things seem to have changed since then..::

Kingsley would suit that role.

6 minutes ago, Four faces said:

Kingsley would suit that role.

Who'd play LWB? Kingsley is far better going forward than he is defending 

The ideal chap for that position would be Murray Wallace but he's not really a back 4 Centerhalf so we'd be pretty fixed to a 3 man defence. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

If he goes to Hibs, Campbell for the first time in my puff, it demonstrates a power shift and some desperate pressure for Budge, beyond what any Hearts owner will have known for 40 years plus

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

sound business all round

That ain't happening am beginning to think theirs a screw loose.

34 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Yes, if we are playing a team that Robbie the tinkerman thinks are superior it will be backs to the wall stuff in hope of keeping it tight and getting a point.

Rogue Daddy
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

If he goes to Hibs, Campbell for the first time in my puff, it demonstrates a power shift and some desperate pressure for Budge, beyond what any Hearts owner will have known for 40 years plus

Hmmm... it would certainly be a serious 'shot across the bow' and a very sad reflection on the past 5/6 years for us. We should be right in for him - no brainer!

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Give them it and give him another £500k signing on fee 

So we spend £1m before wages. Seriously, have you heard of budgets. 

Malinga the Swinga
15 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

A guy from Motherwell would indicate a power shift. Why not wait till you see who we sign and what our squad looks like first. 

kingantti1874
16 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

ssshhh hibs 👍🏻

ps theirs ? 😆

Edited by kingantti1874

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

This. 500k is daylight robbery for Campbell. He'd be automatically worth over a million if we signed him. 

Can you explain how his value would automatically double if we signed him? 

He plays for a team that are 4th bottom of Scottish premiership, lost to Hibs in the cup (on his watch) and has no full international experience. 

Not saying he wouldn't be a success, but what actual evidence is there to back up claim of 'we must sign him'?

Leveins Battalion
16 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

There’s...

Hibs grammar IMO ☺️

What would Porto say.😡

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***