***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

BackOfTheNet

Would love for the next Velicka to sign!

Not quite goal of the day. But I’m bored so I’m going to take a punt on away kit reveal.

Muted whelms to commence shortly after.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Would love for the next Velicka to sign!

Not quite goal of the day. But I’m bored so I’m going to take a punt on away kit reveal.

Muted whelms to commence shortly after.

I can't remember this game at all must've been on holiday or something at the time 

Ccjambo1874

Andy Carroll?!?! Think a few folk have spent too much time in the sun this weekend. Delusional 😂

Batistuta87
17 minutes ago, Simo said:

Andy Carroll was on 90k a week at West Ham... 

Yes. Was. That was 2yrs ago. He's been at Newcastle since, on a rumoured £30k p/w. 

Steven Naismith was on £55k p/w at Norwich before he joined us. Some players know when their stock has dropped and when to take a step down.

I mean its no happening, he can probably still cut it at a level above us, so we've no chance. 

Edited by Batistuta87

2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yes. Was. That was 2yrs ago. He's been at Newcastle since, on a rumoured £30k p/w. 

Steven Naismith was on £55k p/w at Norwich before he joined us. Some players know when their stock has dropped and when to take a step down.

Andy Carroll will not sign for Hearts on £4k a week. Its mental its even being discussed. 

A_A wehatethehibs
7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

You would agree though, that signing players maybe 8 or 9 games into the competitive season isn’t ideal though yes ? Then we get a period when they need to reach full fitness, then another period where they have to ‘settle’(10 games total it was for GMS) and before you know it you’ve gone through 10-12 league games, a third of the season nearly, and your flawed signing strategy has had an impact it’s hard to recover from.

Deadline day is 4 games into our league season, not 10-12.Fact is, the vast majority, (I don't know, 90% or so?) of players out there, are under contract with clubs. Those small % of players that are free agents, are likely just mostly not players we want, or their wanting more money than we'll pay. We are maybe wanting a couple more Liam Boyce type of signings. £150k for a guy with time left on his deal, but his club wants to change the squad so happy to do a wheel and deal, and the player is keen for the move. 

2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I mean its no happening, he can probably still cut it at a level above us, so we've no chance. 

To be fair even if we managed it I’m sure referees up here would have a field day with him. Unless he played for one of the uglies.

Unplayable on his day 

Sadly you’re lucky if you get a day out of him

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

To be fair even if we managed it I’m sure referees up here would have a field day with him. Unless he played for one of the uglies.

Unplayable on his day 

Yeah probably. He would smash it up here I think, but considering the wages he's been on over his career, the only hope we'd have of signing him would be if he just fancied it lol, and didn't want to move away too far. Having been on £90k+ p/w contracts previously, he can afford to just go somewhere enjoyable for a year. 

Edited by Batistuta87

A_A wehatethehibs
7 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Andy Carroll will not sign for Hearts on £4k a week. Its mental its even being discussed. 

He might do. Who's going to pay him the big bucks like?

Guys made his money. Made an absolute fortune out of football. Will only care about being somewhere where he'll play every week something he has not done enough of. I reckon he'll probably sign for Gateshead or something. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Unplayable on his day 

Is the kind of signing one of them might go for, in fact.

Gerrard will know him well from his time at Liverpool.

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Unplayable on his day 

All very true . Vague suspicion its not a goer but when his name first appeared my immediate thought was Scottish refs

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

We’d all love to see something, but with a game tomorrow I’m still saying nothing will be announced until Wednesday at the earliest. Personally I just have a feeling nothing will happen until after ICT. Debatable if anyone before Celtic either.

In other words you have absolutely no idea. 

Batistuta87
Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Guys made his money. Made an absolute fortune out of football. I reckon he'll probably sign for Gateshead or something. 

We were all saying "We'll never get him permanent - he's on £55k p/w..." about Naismith. 

Yes he is a massively unrealistic target for a club like Hearts financially speaking, but if we sold the idea of Hearts to him, he might just fancy it. 

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

We were all saying "We'll never get him permanent - he's on £55k p/w..." about Naismith. 

Yes he is a massively unrealistic target for a club like Hearts financially speaking, but if we sold the idea of Hearts to him, he might just fancy it. 

Just need to sell Hearts to him 😃

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

We’d all love to see something, but with a game tomorrow I’m still saying nothing will be announced until Wednesday at the earliest. Personally I just have a feeling nothing will happen until after ICT. Debatable if anyone before Celtic either.

So...probably someone in before the transfer window closes 👍

Batistuta87
15 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Probably not, but **** it, who cares, its something to chat about. 

13 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Guys made his money. Made an absolute fortune out of football. Will only care about being somewhere where he'll play every week something he has not done enough of. I reckon he'll probably sign for Gateshead or something. 

He's clearly not physically capable of playing week in week out. 

There will be a team out there that'll take a chance on him that can pay more than us. 

We got Naismith because he wanted to come back up the road. 

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah, you never know. These things often depend on where his old mates are as well. He'll have old team mates and people he knows from various clubs. Money will likely be secondary to just getting out somewhere he'll be in the starting 11. Issue we've got is, the crowds and big game atmospheres are often the big draw for players. But we are still without any guarantees when we will see packed Tynecastle again.

BackOfTheNet
12 minutes ago, droid said:

In other words you have absolutely no idea. 

Yes. I thought that was clear. NO ONE has any clue. If you think I was trying to be ITK then you’ve not been paying attention at all.

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Yes. I thought that was clear. NO ONE has any clue. If you think I was trying to be ITK then you’ve not been paying attention at all.

Oh I've been paying attention, paying attention to your negative drivel for a while now.

BackOfTheNet
9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

So...probably someone in before the transfer window closes 👍

Can’t expect miracles

Signing big names, with previous injury problems, has certainly worked well for us in the past.

BackOfTheNet
Just now, droid said:

Oh I've been paying attention, paying attention to your negative drivel for a while now.

O…kay…

I’ll take it from your beacon of positivity you know what you’re talking about. Let me ask you this though, are you aware of the measurement of whelms?

27 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Deadline day is 4 games into our league season, not 10-12.Fact is, the vast majority, (I don't know, 90% or so?) of players out there, are under contract with clubs. Those small % of players that are free agents, are likely just mostly not players we want, or their wanting more money than we'll pay. We are maybe wanting a couple more Liam Boyce type of signings. £150k for a guy with time left on his deal, but his club wants to change the squad so happy to do a wheel and deal, and the player is keen for the move. 

We’ll have played 9 competitive matches before the window closes. Getting on for 20% of the season.

A_A wehatethehibs

3 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

He's clearly not physically capable of playing week in week out. 

There will be a team out there that'll take a chance on him that can pay more than us. 

We got Naismith because he wanted to come back up the road. 

He will feel he is perfectly capable of playing week in week out, just probably not at the top top level now.

He'll be looking at lower level, somewhere to go and play, and enjoy his last years on the pitch rather than the bench. It won't be about money for a guy that must have made upwards of £50m in wages over the career. Maybe Hartlepool would be a good shout, just got promoted back to the league. Nobody, absolutely nobody, is punting 10 or 20 grand a week on a 32 year old Andy Carrol 

Batistuta87
14 minutes ago, Barack said:

Haven't even read the last page or so. But is that the new wow "rumour"?

Sick Note? :lol:

Love it.

Andy Carroll. Who's sick note lol? Wilshere?

Batistuta87
14 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yeah, you never know. These things often depend on where his old mates are as well. He'll have old team mates and people he knows from various clubs. Money will likely be secondary to just getting out somewhere he'll be in the starting 11. Issue we've got is, the crowds and big game atmospheres are often the big draw for players. But we are still without any guarantees when we will see packed Tynecastle again.

All spot on 👍

Money is usually everything, but sometimes its not... 

Frustrating isn’t it, our fans knowing we lack players in certain positions and yet we have to believe that Joe Savage and his new recruitment & scouting team will deliver what is needed. Savage’s interview was confidence lifting but the time has come to deliver. He has to deliver for all our sakes.

Andy Carroll has only managed to play more than 30 league games a season twice in his 18 year career. 

And has scored once in his last 60 appearances. 

Edited by King prawn

RustyRightPeg

I’ve rubbed my eyes a few times, and I’m still not sure I’m reading it correctly. Are folk genuinely suggesting Andy Carroll signs for us? Better yet, do folk actually want him, who I could count on two hands the number of games he’s played in 5 years!!!

3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I’ve rubbed my eyes a few times, and I’m still not sure I’m reading it correctly. Are folk genuinely suggesting Andy Carroll signs for us? Better yet, do folk actually want him, who I could count on two hands the number of games he’s played in 5 years!!!

You from Chernobyl to have enough fingers? He played 18 games last season alone

Hectormasson
16 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We’ll have played 9 competitive matches before the window closes. Getting on for 20% of the season.

And they *******s kicked us out with 20% to play for before !   Just had to mention that relevant or no .....😡😡😡

3 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Heard we've looked at/looking at a guy from Wigan,Wyke.

just signed for them from Sunderland 

4 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Heard we've looked at/looking at a guy from Wigan,Wyke.

The same Wyke that only signed for them just over 2 weeks ago

Hearing is impaired :)

I wonder if we have looked at David Bates. He only has a year left on his contract and Hamburg have been  loaning him out the last couple of seasons.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

360 pages and signed about 3 players 😂

Nearly 18k posts, 2 players we had last season and a loan. 
Cant be many clubs that have released as many players and signed so few replacements. 

27 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Andy Carroll has only managed to play more than 30 league games a season twice in his 18 year career. 

And has scored once in his last 60 appearances. 

Ominous post. As good as ITK. Welcome to the club Andy Carroll.

6 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

Ominous post. As good as ITK. Welcome to the club Andy Carroll.

:sob: in hindsight I shouldn’t have looked 

13 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

360 pages and signed about 3 players 😂

Plenty of realistic canditates suggested as well though 😆

Lets be honest we are looking at either young Scottish players from smaller clubs than us or lads from the lower English leagues, think the days of the more 'random' signings like Djoum, Johnsen, Sow etc are a thing of the past as you can't trust they will adapt to the physicality/style of Scottish football.

My issue is we keep missing players right under our nose that surely we would be a good platform for? The lad below is a prime example as is the likes of Nisbet at HIbs.

https://fulham.fandom.com/wiki/Kieron_Bowie

When was the last time we signed a genuinely exciting Scottish prospect from another club? Souttar is the only one i can think of but wasn't that as a result of a failed project to convert him to a CM?

There are a few names below that would be good project signings but we aren't even linked with players like that anymore....

image.png

Edited by Ramagio87

If I’ve heard of any player mentioned I, immediately discount them. That’s my rule of thumb.

NB this is in now way a hint that our favourite racist, shoplifting, deviant superdaddy is coming

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

If I’ve heard of any player mentioned I, immediately discount them. That’s my rule of thumb.

NB this is in now way a hint that our favourite racist, shoplifting, deviant superdaddy is coming

Who's NB? Is he signing ?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***