• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Beave1874

Re CP, I would imagine his salary is fairly decent and possibly outwith our pay structure, even if he gets a reduction for relegation. I know we pushed the boat out for Naismith and Boyce but I suspect he will be in the English Championship next season as he's a solid reliable player. That said I get the impression he's a loyal type of player and may stick with Sheffield to help them get back up.  

David Black
3 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Heard today that we're keeping tabs on a young lad from Rochdale called Kwaadwo Baah.  Source has a decent record of being correct about these things.

Did he not play with Traffic on the Welcome to the Canteen album. 

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Good idea. Then I can sell them on and fleece the public.

you need to stop ramming it down peoples throats

Just now, milky_26 said:

you need to stop ramming it down peoples throats

Ewe all need to pack this in. Though as well hung for a sheep as a lamb. 

daveyhmfc
1 hour ago, merseyjambo said:

While I’d love it to be true because the reports about him down here are impressive, unfortunately I doubt we will have the money/allure to compete with some of the teams looking at him.

Cheer up a bit; it might never happen. Some Hearts supporters are so negative and downbeat in their attitude. I understand that the last couple of years have been terrible. That said, we need to try and look forward with some optimism.

will-i-am-a-jambo
3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

If that's the level we're looking at, we'll be like lambs to the slaughter.

Hopefully he signs and prospers, you never know we could make a mint (sauce) when we sell him on. 

hmfc_liam06
4 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Really?????

Why is that?Man City are after him ffs and he had agreed a pre contract but fell through.🤣🤣🤣

Come on LB, I expected better of you.

Paterson is surely out our reach. Decent Championship player. Tbh could do a job at a team like Burnley or Newcastle. His physical attributes are very unique and scores odd goal

jambonian
Just now, R1874 said:

Paterson is surely out our reach. Decent Championship player. Tbh could do a job at a team like Burnley or Newcastle. His physical attributes are very unique and scores odd goal

Most players mentioned on here are "out of reach" apparently. Some justified, most not. The Poundland bargain bin will fill up nicely when the season officially ends. It'll be the only queue we're first at.

Leveins Battalion
22 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Come on LB, I expected better of you.

Diving in like Popescu 🙈

46 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

Cheer up a bit; it might never happen. Some Hearts supporters are so negative and downbeat in their attitude. I understand that the last couple of years have been terrible. That said, we need to try and look forward with some optimism.

Couple ?

I always had a couple down as 2....you seem to have it down as 5.

25 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Most players mentioned on here are "out of reach" apparently. Some justified, most not. The Poundland bargain bin will fill up nicely when the season officially ends. It'll be the only queue we're first at.

Unless we speculate and bring in proven talent at this level we will struggle next season

our scouting and recruiting has been shown up year in and year out as not fit for purpose

If we are bringing in Bosmans, gambles and projects like we have been in the last few years we are destined for another season of struggle in the bottom half of the table.

We need to spend money on bringing in players who are proven in this league, eg Allan Campbell and Jason Kerr, of course it would cost money, but another season of failure would cost more.

south morocco
4 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Really?????

Why is that?Man City are after him ffs and he had agreed a pre contract but fell through.🤣🤣🤣

Did he tell them to ram it?

Hearts1975
2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Sure I seen it elsewhere,it’s a market I expect us to be in.

the guy is a unit.

Young hungry players is the way forward,the last 5 years has proven signing big names has got us nowhere.

Most definitely - some of the players mentioned on this thread are exciting prospects - would make sense for us to look at this market, especially with having Savage on board - he must know, and have a lot of contacts in the game down south - there is so much potential down in the lower English Leagues. Especially if you know what you are looking for. We need some hungry raw talent at our disposal 

We might not be able to compete salary wise with all prospects but the fact that we could showcase a potential talent and get them noticed a lot quicker than they necessarily would by staying down South, means that it could be a better long term career move if they come to us. Will be interesting to see what happens. 

Howdy Doody Jambo

We just need to being in 3 or 4 quality hungry player's with proven track record (name's we know) no gambling no project's no thoughts about selling on, no loans We just player's that want to play for Hearts, if it means spending a few hundred grand on each, better proven player's tend to rub off on each other, respect each other and lifting standards throughout the squad whom the youth player's can learn from 

We need to get this window watertight 

We are going to save money on the wage bill rather than having to replace pish all the time 

Although we do need a coach that's going to improve the player's we already have 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Rather than worry about names in particular I would take a team of triers and workers. 

All I want 

JamboAndrew
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Rather than worry about names in particular I would take a team of triers and workers. 

All I want 

I liked players like Callaghan,  Black and Stevenson but they always got pelters for not being good enough.

They always gave it their all and we have missed players like that for quite a few years now.

jambonian
Just now, jbee647 said:

Unless we speculate and bring in proven talent at this level we will struggle next season

our scouting and recruiting has been shown up year in and year out as not fit for purpose

If we are bringing in Bosmans, gambles and projects like we have been in the last few years we are destined for another season of struggle in the bottom half of the table.

We need to spend money on bringing in players who are proven in this league, eg Allan Campbell and Jason Kerr, of course it would cost money, but another season of failure would cost more.

Hard to believe it was 33  years ago we spent around a million on bringing Robbo back and signing Tosh McKinlay, followed in the summer of 1990 with £750k for Derek Ferguson. A completely different life-time ago. I'm not saying we should go out a blow that kind of money again but more that with no transfer fees for some players, we should be able to afford a good wage on a few players with a potential sell-on in future. It seems we'll get the odd GMS or Boyce but we have to top that up with Frears, Kastaneers and Popescu types. The days of even signing good prospects in our own country (the 1990s with Cameron, Hamilton, McCann etc) are long gone.

I get that we don't want to throw cash about willy-nilly but there still has to be a balance. The options seem to be,  spend cash on potential with a future transfer fee for the club or rake about in the bargain basements for players not deemed good enough for their current clubs, broken players, players that are at the arse-end of their careers with no sell-on value or something that we could maybe mend with the old super-glue and get lucky with. I know what choice i'd rather we made, and it's not the clubs choice. Speculate to accumulate, or bury their heads in the sand.

Ambition or lack of? That's up to them to decide.

David Black
12 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Hard to believe it was 33  years ago we spent around a million on bringing Robbo back and signing Tosh McKinlay, followed in the summer of 1990 with £750k for Derek Ferguson. A completely different life-time ago. I'm not saying we should go out a blow that kind of money again but more that with no transfer fees for some players, we should be able to afford a good wage on a few players with a potential sell-on in future. It seems we'll get the odd GMS or Boyce but we have to top that up with Frears, Kastaneers and Popescu types. The days of even signing good prospects in our own country (the 1990s with Cameron, Hamilton, McCann etc) are long gone.

I get that we don't want to throw cash about willy-nilly but there still has to be a balance. The options seem to be,  spend cash on potential with a future transfer fee for the club or rake about in the bargain basements for players not deemed good enough for their current clubs, broken players, players that are at the arse-end of their careers with no sell-on value or something that we could maybe mend with the old super-glue and get lucky with. I know what choice i'd rather we made, and it's not the clubs choice. Speculate to accumulate, or bury their heads in the sand.

Ambition or lack of? That's up to them to decide.

These days are indeed long gone, but they shouldn't be due to the money having been ploughed into the club in recent years. It is just another example of the vast amounts of money wasted by Ann Budge. Nothing will ever change until she is gone completely.

john thomas
20 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

I liked players like Callaghan,  Black and Stevenson but they always got pelters for not being good enough.

They always gave it their all and we have missed players like that for quite a few years now.

Take your point re Callaghan and Black . Stevenson was a cut above

Agentjambo
5 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Heard today that we're keeping tabs on a young lad from Rochdale called Kwaadwo Baah.  Source has a decent record of being correct about these things.

He had a medical at Watford last week so very unlikely.

merseyjambo
1 hour ago, daveyhmfc said:

Hardly negative 

I’d love him to come to Tynecastle. The reports down here about him suggest he can definitely cut it at a much higher level than he’s playing at. Problem is he’s being looked at by teams at bottom end of Premiership/Top End of Championship, clubs like at Watford, Norwich, Burnley, we are not in a position to compete with them in terms of fee, wage or the lure of top flight English football.

Great we are looking at that type of player but unfortunately we cannot compete with these sort of clubs for signing players. 

I suggest before you start, you look at the context of clubs looking at this lad and realise that we cannot compete with them financially.

1 hour ago, R1874 said:

His celebrations are odd, too.

14 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Never in for the boy mackay. We have had our eye on a player from ICT and its not him. The boy Mackay isn't the player he is built up to be. Doubt he will play at a higher level than hibs tbh.

Well Daz that's you blown apart coz we were in for him and I half trusted some of your info. Source next to lad himself.

19 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Hardly negative 

I’d love him to come to Tynecastle. The reports down here about him suggest he can definitely cut it at a much higher level than he’s playing at. Problem is he’s being looked at by teams at bottom end of Premiership/Top End of Championship, clubs like at Watford, Norwich, Burnley, we are not in a position to compete with them in terms of fee, wage or the lure of top flight English football.

Great we are looking at that type of player but unfortunately we cannot compete with these sort of clubs for signing players. 

I suggest before you start, you look at the context of clubs looking at this lad and realise that we cannot compete with them financially.

Not everyone is obsessed with money.  We've managed to get better players than the level he's at

eg Gordon, Berra, Kingsley, Boyce, Naismith

Agentjambo
2 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Well Daz that's you blown apart coz we were in for him and I half trusted some of your info. Source next to lad himself.

....and he’s from Inverness 🤭

daveyhmfc
24 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Hardly negative 

You misunderstand the point I was trying to make. I was not commenting on the boy at Rochdale. I was making a general point that there a number of posters who can only see things with a negative light. For what it is worth, I am not a happy clapper I just happen to think that we need to let go of the past as a support.

Nookie Bear
6 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

You misunderstand the point I was trying to make. I was not commenting on the boy at Rochdale. I was making a general point that there a number of posters who can only see things with a negative light. For what it is worth, I am not a happy clapper I just happen to think that we need to let go of the past as a support.

Fair point but it’s not the past that is the problem here, it’s the present. 

merseyjambo
13 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Not everyone is obsessed with money.  We've managed to get better players than the level he's at

eg Gordon, Berra, Kingsley, Boyce, Naismith

No but when you’re a kid and have the chance of playing in EPL, earning good money you’re going to take it.

Using players 2 players who were looking to return to Scotland to end their career and a player returning to his boyhood club are fair examples. Boyce is on better money with us than he was at Burton and Kingsley was a free agent training within Falkirk. You think if Boyce or Kingsley had been offered the chance to play in EPL on more money than we could offer, they would have chosen us. Behave.

Leveins Battalion
24 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Dazs info is more reliable than yours 🤷‍♂️🤣🤣

Ehm what did we bid for him?how much?...

Nothing.There was no interest.

Edited by Leveins Battalion

merseyjambo
19 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

No, your post clearly suggested I was being negative or concerned with the past. 

Not that. If we are looking at players, someone who is being looked at by clubs like Watford and Burnley, with the money they can offer him, we are unlikely to compete with them with what we can offer

20 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

No but when you’re a kid and have the chance of playing in EPL, earning good money you’re going to take it.

Using players 2 players who were looking to return to Scotland to end their career and a player returning to his boyhood club are fair examples. Boyce is on better money with us than he was at Burton and Kingsley was a free agent training within Falkirk. You think if Boyce or Kingsley had been offered the chance to play in EPL on more money than we could offer, they would have chosen us. Behave.

OK if money is your God, stroll on.

20 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Dazs info is more reliable than yours 🤷‍♂️🤣🤣

Ehm what did we bid for him?how much?...

Nothing.There was no interest.

4/5 teams in for him Hibs offered best deal that's a fact.

Holyrood_Hearts
25 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Exactly. If Boyce & especially Kingsley had better offers down the road there’s not a chance they’d be here 

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

4/5 teams in for him Hibs offered best deal that's a fact.

In your head aye.

I've long suspected your a hobo TBF.

Unknown user
52 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

That'll be it for daz then, blown apart by Mr credibility

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That'll be it for daz then, blown apart by Mr credibility

Never said that I am plum but in this instance he is wrong.

12 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

In your head aye.

I've long suspected your a hobo TBF.

Ha ha ha am a hobo now your a misfit for sure.

21 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Anybody else think Lf and Agent are the same guy?🤣

Am not in know and I have had a dash at Agent before, but your a misfit that's for sure. Maybe it's time I retired from JKB coz it's gash these days.

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Am not in know and I have had a dash at Agent before, but your a misfit that's for sure. Maybe it's time I retired from JKB coz it's gash these days.

Bye 😃

Ford Prentice
15 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Never in for the boy mackay. We have had our eye on a player from ICT and its not him. The boy Mackay isn't the player he is built up to be. Doubt he will play at a higher level than hibs tbh.

Don't know if there's any truth in this but if we are looking at another ICT player it should be Roddy MacGregor. Excellent young prospect.

The Treasurer
27 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

Don't know if there's any truth in this but if we are looking at another ICT player it should be Roddy MacGregor. Excellent young prospect.

Don't know anything about this lad but the position we are in its not prospects we should be looking for, we need players who can hit the ground running 

49 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

What a weapon

If you’re a 19 year old kid with the chance of playing in EPL are you going to turn it down??????

Playing for Hearts may be something that all Hearts fans would love to do.

If you’re a 19 year old kid with no allegiance to the club and an EPL team comes calling offering you 5-10 grand a week, what do you think he will do.

For young players down here, they all want to play in EPL. 

You sure are.

Money is your God and now you're telling me every 19 year old kid has the same mindset.

It may well be the case that they all want to play in the EPL but with time on his side he may chose a pathway with a higher expectancy of game time before making the jump rather doing it too quickly and getting splinters in his rear end every week before being released.  The lad and his advisers will know what's best for him at this stage of his career.

Hibs twitter account thanking Biscuits and Gardiner both allies of us more or less confirms our rejected interest but the misfit thinks otherwise.

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Hibs twitter account thanking Biscuits and Gardiner both allies of us more or less confirms our rejected interest but the misfit thinks otherwise.

How does that confirm it?

merseyjambo
17 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You sure are.

Money is your God and now you're telling me every 19 year old kid has the same mindset.

It may well be the case that they all want to play in the EPL but with time on his side he may chose a pathway with a higher expectancy of game time before making the jump rather doing it too quickly and getting splinters in his rear end every week before being released.  The lad and his advisers will know what's best for him at this stage of his career.

Money is my god?????

You know nothing about me or my circumstances so I suggest you STFU.

No, I’m suggesting a lad that plays for Rochdale is going to get a big money offer and is likely to take it to get the opportunity to play in EPL.

He’ll likely go out on loan to a club in English Championship to develop.

16k plus posts and still a slaver. You and SRB are 2 peas in a pod.

Don’t like what I have to say, feel free to stick me on ignore

Edited by merseyjambo

11 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Money is my god?????

You know nothing about me or my circumstances so I suggest you STFU.

No, I’m suggesting a lad that plays for Rochdale is going to get a big money offer and is likely to take it to get the opportunity to play in EPL.

He’ll likely go out on loan to a club in English Championship to develop.

16k plus posts and still a slaver. You and SRB are 2 peas in a pod.

Don’t like what I have to say, feel free to stick me on ignore

It's pretty obvious if a player has a choice between Watford and Hearts then it's pretty obvious they'll be staying down south. I don't see how this can be argued. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***